English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

wow...I was only trying to be helpful to someone who to me seemed like he could use some help. He respectfully declined the help' date=' which is totally cool with me. I don't think I spoke arrogantly at all in my suggestions, I just told him what works for me.

I've said on the forums a thousand times, but it'd really help if people weren't trying to one up each other all the time with crude and unintelligent remarks. thanks ;)

That aimed at me fella:mad:

Managed a 1-1 draw against Cardiff thanks to a second half goal from Jonathan Walters, couldn't afford to let them win, and personally feel i got it tactically spot on. Move upto 15th with this result, moving above Swansea thanks to goal's for. My schedule isn't necessarily in my favour, mind;

September

22nd, Millwall, away

25th, Hull, home

29th, Sheffield, away

October

2nd, Blackpool, home

6th, Ipswich, away

9th, Swansea, home

13th, Stoke, away

16th, Leicester City, home

20th, Derby, home

Anything over eight points from those games will do, and hopefully, see me safe for yet another season.

Grégory Sertic returns from suspension for my next game after missing four of our last five games through suspension, and hopefully he'll steer clear of suspension's for the rest of the season, that is if i can find a place for him in the squad, as at the moment there seems no space for him unless he slots in as a winger. :o

Guest Scout Maker

You think i restorted to 4-2-2-2 before 3-5-2' date=' i've tried 3-5-2 it hasn't worked and plus it doesn't suit my time.

I think you might be confusing me with either Matt or [b']Dan[/b] who don't like 3-5-2. I just see it as a formation.

Are you talking about me?

Because I've played the 3-5-2 EVERY game since I've been at Fulham, whoch is nearly all of this season.

I guess it's worked, 6th in the League.

That aimed at me fella:mad:

well it refers to people who try to take digs/one up other ppl' date=' and since you clarified yourself in PM to say that you weren't taking a dig at me, its not directed to you. I apologize for the hostility though.

If i needed help i'd have asked for it, people who need a bit of help at times ask for things on the help with deals thread. I'm not doing great, but i'm not bottom of the league or anything. There's loads of things which is the best, there's 10 best formations, 3/4 best tempo's and 6 best player instructions - i don't want to listen to it. I've already set my tactics for saturday, i had set them before you made the post. I'm capable of making a couple of changes.

In reply to one of Tom MFC's posts, you said "its too bad i can't manage", so I took it upon myself to see if I could help. You said you didn't need the help after I offered it, and so that was the end of it. My intention was not to insinuate that you aren't capable of managing your own team.

*Just clarifying in both cases, lets just move past this and not continue to exacerbate the misunderstanding by continuing to discuss the issue*

Yes please.

Friendly request sent :)

I need to start picking up points in the league, but what I'm most worried about, is the cup-final against City. I really need aleast one trophy this season, and it sure doesn't look good at the moment, so a new tactic try-out is a must!

Managed a 1-1 draw against Cardiff thanks to a second half goal from Jonathan Walters' date=' couldn't afford to let them win,[b'] and personally feel i got it tactically spot on[/b]. Move upto 15th with this result, moving above Swansea thanks to goal's for. My schedule isn't necessarily in my favour, mind;

September

22nd, Millwall, away

25th, Hull, home

29th, Sheffield, away

October

2nd, Blackpool, home

6th, Ipswich, away

9th, Swansea, home

13th, Stoke, away

16th, Leicester City, home

20th, Derby, home

Anything over eight points from those games will do, and hopefully, see me safe for yet another season.

Grégory Sertic returns from suspension for my next game after missing four of our last five games through suspension, and hopefully he'll steer clear of suspension's for the rest of the season, that is if i can find a place for him in the squad, as at the moment there seems no space for him unless he slots in as a winger. :o

You serious ? :confused:

Friendly request sent :)

I need to start picking up points in the league' date=' but what I'm most worried about, is the cup-final against City. I really need aleast one trophy this season, and it sure doesn't look good at the moment, so a new tactic try-out is a must![/quote']

There is a sort of expectation for me in cup compeitions after a poor league season, i managed as runner-up in the Youth Cup far from being the finalist of the English Shield.

I need to try out a new tactic myself once again.

Have to say I'm not a great lover of 3-5-2 myself although I did play it and won 4-1 yesterday,the only reason I'm actually playing it myself is the fact it actually suits my team best rating wise and enables to put my strongest team on the pitch,I've always felt that if you can get it right that 5-3-2 is the best formation on the game but it's hard to get your team to setup to that tactic.

Came back from a goal down to win the game with a Chamakh double against a stronger Bolton side' date=' very happy!:)[/quote']

Well done mate , from what I've looked at stats wise that was always your win , never mind Bolton will be back bigger and stronger next week ;)

Sorry if I've been inactive lately things have just been really busy and then I had all the broken computer stuff so I've only managed to make about 2 comments in the last 2 weeks.

You serious ? :confused:

Yes I'm serious. I wouldn't of said it if i wasn't would i? I held you to a point, which i wanted to do, you had an average rating of 89, and i had an average rating of 86, i knew that before the game and i still managed to hold onto more of the ball than you, to me that feels like a success that I've managed to of not loosed against a team who was better than mine.

Yes I'm serious. I wouldn't of said it if i wasn't would i? I held you to a point' date=' which i wanted to do, you had an average rating of 89, and i had an average rating of 86, i knew that before the game and i still managed to hold onto more of the ball than you, to me that feels like a success that I've managed to of not loosed against a team who was better than mine.[/quote']

But tactics wise, using the 4-2-2-2 with 7 and 11 moving left and right is pretty weird completely opening up the midfield, surely that makes it easier for my team to get through yours ? Yes but not in the SM engine. ;)

But tactics wise' date=' using the 4-2-2-2 with 7 and 11 moving left and right is pretty weird completely opening up the midfield, surely that makes it easier for my team to get through yours ? Yes but not in the SM engine. ;)[/quote']

So because i made two players make runs to the left and right I'm not aloud to feel that the tactics i set out to play didn't work? I don't get that. Logic would tell you that it might not work in real life, but against a team playing through the middle..... it may just create the width you need to get at them. Plus it isn't massively opening the midfield when i have two holding mid-fielders right behind them.

Anyway, I'm not going to spam this page up trying to have a debate on why/who's tactics worked the best.

10 New Club Message(s)

All in the last hour, pretty busy morning.

Don't think i'm going to get my main attack target, nevermind, at least i have benefited from it realising that Nolan Roux has a part exchange value at 5.3 million. Looking to get a young player in aswell, not so sure that i'll avoid competition for him.

The deal reported to be worth £400,000 involving Alex MARROW of FC St. Gallen and Fulham has been accepted. The transfer will be completed shortly.

8 Alex Marrow's = 1 Josh McEachran. Very nice buy from Scoutmaker and i can see why, done brilliant so far at Palace and could rise to 79+. Could have rivaled his bid but not really any point, he'd have just outbid me with more resources. Also have so many young English midfielders, so he's not a priority.]

Anybody after a young centre-back? James Tomkins can go for 6 million, 21/86 at West Ham

Got thumped 3-0 by Spurs last night and Samuel got himself sent off to make matters worse. Luckily I still remain in 2nd place.

On the plus side...

I'm "Back In Black" as AC/DC would say after selling a few youngsters including Funes Mori who heads to Everton for £5 million. Bought him for a mere 450k back in Feburary so a nice profit there.:)

When Gibson is playing regularly for Manchester United' date=' i'll let you know about this comment.[/quote']

Christ, it's like talking to a brick wall sometimes.... :rolleyes:

The point I was making is that McEachran is a very, very talented player. You have not seen him play - you have admitted this yourself, so you cannot compare Gibson to McEachran. I have seen him play, so I can compare the two players and I am of a firm belief that McEachran will be a far, far superior player to a technically very average Darron Gibson.

Whether Gibson will play more in the next 6-12 months is not the point. Yes, right now, Gibson is a better buy on this game because he's higher rated and he's more likely to rise to a substantial rating that McEachran. But never did I deny this, which you seem to imply. Yes, spending £3m on a 75-rated player is not very good business, particularly when the player in question might take 2-3 years before he's actually playing regularly for Chelsea. But I am certain that he will become a starter for Chelsea and England. If that happens and in the unlikely event that the Leeds manager is still in possession of Leeds and McEachran, then that £3m will seem like an absolute bargain.

Ha' date=' Gibson is definatly the better buy :P This is ridicolous, he can play aswell as he likes in one game as a sub, he's not the same as a player who's been playing for a couple of years.[/quote']

This is exactly what my problem is with your argument. Your argument has nothing to do with what I or Chewett were trying to say. We were arguing the ability of McEachran compared with Gibson. You were arguing the value of the two players on the game. Two completely different arguments.

Understood?

Anyway, Hartlepool win 1-0 last night to remain 5 points off the play-offs.

Christ' date=' it's like talking to a brick wall sometimes.... :rolleyes:

The point I was making is that McEachran is a very, very talented player. You have not seen him play - you have admitted this yourself, so you cannot compare Gibson to McEachran. I have seen him play, so I can compare the two players and I am of a firm belief that McEachran will be a far, far superior player to a technically very average Darron Gibson.

Whether Gibson will play more in the next 6-12 months is not the point. Yes, right now, Gibson is a better buy on this game because he's higher rated and he's more likely to rise to a substantial rating that McEachran. But never did I deny this, which you seem to imply. Yes, spending £3m on a 75-rated player is not very good business, particularly when the player in question might take 2-3 years before he's actually playing regularly for Chelsea. But I am [b']certain[/b] that he will become a starter for Chelsea and England. If that happens and in the unlikely event that the Leeds manager is still in possession of Leeds and McEachran, then that £3m will seem like an absolute bargain.

This is exactly what my problem is with your argument. Your argument has nothing to do with what I or Chewett were trying to say. We were arguing the ability of McEachran compared with Gibson. You were arguing the value of the two players on the game. Two completely different arguments.

Understood?

Anyway, Hartlepool win 1-0 last night to remain 5 points off the play-offs.

Your undermining £3 million in this setup, i've got £2.5 million in my bank and with that i'll beable to bring in two new first teamers to improve my squad. If the Leeds manager isn't going to stick around for 6 or 7 seasons it's not worth a buy, at the very early stage of one sub appearance it's a lot of money to pay. There's a lot of hype when a player first makes his way onto the scene, but not many stay around to stay on at the club and become a first teamer. Gael Kakuta can't get any gametime off the bench for Chelsea, at one point Scott Sinclair looked like he would become a first teamer but now he's at Swansea, there was a lot of hype about Frank Nouble aswell and Nile Ranger and even Joshua King. This does fade, when Federico Macheda first came onto the database after his goal against Villa he was beeing bought for ridicolous money, over a year on and he's at the same rating. It's definatly a gamble.

Haven't had much time to come on the forum lately due to outside commitments but i've been keeping active on my Millwall side by atleast logging in atleast once every two days.

We are not doing that bad. Currently sit 5th in the league but with the league being so tight a loss could see me go as low as 10th if results go against me. Won my last 3 games and i'm hoping to keep this up and cemment a top 6 finish but this league is so unpredictable that anything can happen.

By the way if anybody is looking for a couple of 80+ rated player on loan then i've got a couple on the loan list

HENRI LANSBURY (83) CM/AM

ANTOINE GRIEZMANN (84) WING/FWD

RENE KRHIN (80) CM

NICOLAS LODEIRO (85) AM/LM

BRUNO ECUELE MANGA (84) CB

SEYDOU DOUMBIA (87) FWD

Haven't had much time to come on the forum lately due to outside commitments but i've been keeping active on my Millwall side by atleast logging in atleast once every two days.

We are not doing that bad. Currently sit 5th in the league but with the league being so tight a loss could see me go as low as 10th if results go against me. Won my last 3 games and i'm hoping to keep this up and cemment a top 6 finish but this league is so unpredictable that anything can happen.

By the way if anybody is looking for a couple of 80+ rated player on loan then i've got a couple on the loan list

HENRI LANSBURY (83) CM/AM

ANTOINE GRIEZMANN (84) WING/FWD

RENE KRHIN (80) CM

NICOLAS LODEIRO (85) AM/LM

BRUNO ECUELE MANGA (84) CB

SEYDOU DOUMBIA (87) FWD

Made a few loan bids im Walsall :)

Your undermining £3 million in this setup' date=' i've got £2.5 million in my bank and with that i'll beable to bring in two new first teamers to improve my squad. If the Leeds manager isn't going to stick around for 6 or 7 seasons it's not worth a buy, at the very early stage of one sub appearance it's a lot of money to pay. There's a lot of hype when a player first makes his way onto the scene, but not many stay around to stay on at the club and become a first teamer. Gael Kakuta can't get any gametime off the bench for Chelsea, at one point Scott Sinclair looked like he would become a first teamer but now he's at Swansea, there was a lot of hype about Frank Nouble aswell and Nile Ranger and even Joshua King. This does fade, when Federico Macheda first came onto the database after his goal against Villa he was beeing bought for ridicolous money, over a year on and he's at the same rating. It's definatly a gamble.[/quote']

Read his post again Aidan, you've missed the point.. again..