English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

The relegation side of the Higgy Championship:

Doncaster look dead and buried and could be relegated this time next week potentially

Apart from that just look at the table it talks volumes.

Swansea and Stoke now look severely in deep danger.

Cardiff's great escape is bang on right now - theyre on fire!!!!

SJ - be worried!!!

The relegation side of the Higgy Championship:

Doncaster look dead and buried and could be relegated this time next week potentially

Apart from that just look at the table it talks volumes.

Swansea and Stoke now look severely in deep danger.

Cardiff's great escape is bang on right now - theyre on fire!!!!

SJ - be worried!!!

Love to know how you came up with a 2-2 lmao :P

Love to know how you came up with a 2-2 lmao :P

I was expecting Derby to respond from their 8-1 loss to Reading who are on good form by the way. Insted it seems just as bad!

Has Derby's playoff chase ended? oh by the way - not a chance! Its going to Turn 38 easily I would have thought that one.

The rate the relegation side is going - that'll go to the final turn too this season!!!

We may even have the top 3 undecided again!

I was expecting Derby to respond from their 8-1 loss to Reading who are on good form by the way. Insted it seems just as bad!

Has Derby's playoff chase ended? oh by the way - not a chance! Its going to Turn 38 easily I would have thought that one.

The rate the relegation side is going - that'll go to the final turn too this season!!!

We may even have the top 3 undecided again!

Just checked Swansea's form, 5 defeats on the trot ! They are definetly in this scrap now. ;)

Beat Burnley 4-3 in a cracker of a game.

Huntelarr , Cahill , Joaquin and Benayoun got the goals for me with my team also winning on shots and possesion it was a succsesful evening for me.

Edit:

Huntelarr's stats read :

Played - 5

Scored - 6

Assists - 2

MOM - 2

AVE - 8.25

Thats including his 1 cup game btw , pretty impressive dont ya think ;)

In my day, you could get them for 10p.B)

Anyway, Portsmouth record a vital 2-0 win over Liverpool to secure a 5 point lead over now 3rd place Man City.

Unlucky Bail.

After going up 2-0, Bristol Rovers fell apart and let 4 goals in, 2 from Canales and 2 from Donadel. Sastre scored a consolation goal in the 78th, but Bristol couldn't find the equalizer and lose their second consecutive game. Safe to say the promotion dream is dead, never really gathered enough steam to look likely though :( Will look for a respectable top 10 finish as originally hoped for.

Guest Scout Maker

No dream debut for Steven Gerrard as Fulham drew 2-2 with QPR. Was hoping for a win, Top 4 looks out of sight now, hopefully I'll end up in the top 7th-6th.

Farfan and Olic with the goals for Fulham.

Was leading for 70 minute's thanks to a second minute Jack Cork strike his fifth of the season, but a 72nd minute Steven Davies equalizer mean's Millwall and Peterborough share a point apiece. 50/50 on possession, and 16 shots to me to Millwall's 6. Happy with that seeing as i was the away aswell as weaker side.

Target is to be at-least 6 points clear of Swansea/Stoke (depending whoever is in the greater position) when i face them. Hopefully that is doable.

Was leading for 70 minute's thanks to a second minute Jack Cork strike his fifth of the season' date=' but a 72nd minute Steven Davies equalizer mean's Millwall and Peterborough share a point apiece. 50/50 on possession, and 16 shots to me to Millwall's 6. Happy with that seeing as i was the away aswell as weaker side.

Target is to be at-least 6 points clear of Swansea/Stoke (depending whoever is in the greater position) when i face them. Hopefully that is doable.[/quote']

Jack Cork 'eh, didn't think i'd regret loaning him out to you. Got some tough games coming up, but when the run gets easier i'm hoping i can manage some wins ... especially against the likes of you.

Blackpool win 5-1 at home to Ipswich to storm back into play off contention. Carlos Martins has joined from Benfica, Ayhan from Galatasaray, Lima who has played every game so far for Braga and also young German striker Nils Petersen who is currently tearing up the Bundesliga 2.

The offer for Martín MONTOYA of Barcelona from Preston North End has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours

Officialy finished in the market now for a week+. I've been waiting for him to be added to the DB as he has impressed me and looks a major talent. Added as an 80 and I'm paying £1.3M for him so hopefully he'll prove his worth.

Next up for Cardiff is the Severnside Derby, another crucial game with a win possibly pulling me out the drop zone for the first time since I've took over. Top scorer for Bristol, Samaras, is out injured and suspended lol:p, which is a positive but they have plenty of back up so will still be tough.

Stoke are at home to Sheff Utd which will be hard especially against Santa Cruz who unbeliveably in 28 starts has 25 goals AND 23 assists ! :eek:.

Whilst The Swans are at home to Blackpool and on current form will be lucky to get a point. ;)

Finally looking at the form table, if I can amass half the points I've made in the last 6 survival should be a breeze, but of course time will tell. B)

Me please Div 2 but Average is 89. :) Can you invite me ?

You got your average up pretty quick didn't you, same as mine. But got a lot of quality on the bench, 87+ (Cattermole, Phil Neville, Aaron Hughes, Carlos Vela, Kevin Doyle) and i can rotate things around to play in plenty of formations, but i've got to try and utulise Ryan Giggs which can only really work in a couple of formations.

Loving my squad at the minute, even if they aren't playing very well and still have my youths at the club. Eventually, when the young players go for a lot of money in the setup i'll do a clear out which i expect my youth team to be valued as 40m by then.

You got your average up pretty quick didn't you' date=' same as mine. But got a lot of quality on the bench, 87+ (Cattermole, Phil Neville, Aaron Hughes, Carlos Vela, Kevin Doyle) and i can rotate things around to play in plenty of formations, but i've got to try and utulise Ryan Giggs which can only really work in a couple of formations.

Loving my squad at the minute, even if they aren't playing very well.[/quote']

Yh I admit depth isn't my strong point but staying up was my only concern which meant getting the best possible eleven I could with the money I had (which was quite a bit luckily). Tbh it's a shame I wasn't able to take over earlier as I'd be most likely in the safe zone now, but if I do stay up which is highly likely now I'll be able to sell a few of the risers I acquired and then bring in some back-up players.

Of course your gonna have more players as you've been in the set-up for almost two seasons lol:p it would be amazing if you didn't and yes your average is the same as mine but the matches a lot of the time are decided by the better tactician and atm thats not ur strongest area. ;)