English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

The AI prefers a deal with players in instead of straight cash' date='if you offer a player and it's still less than the cash deal you will still get the player.[/quote']

Ah right!! Whats that noise - its Ed's penny dropping!

Got it now - cheers mate.

(now to aquire as many make weights fas possible or all future transfer dealings!)

• Replies 38.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swanseajack

• Matty_avfc

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread Can you help poor Kieran? Kieran Westwood - Goalkeeper - Aged 26 - Rated 85 This is Keiran, he likes sunny days, cold milk and fresh cookies.

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread Building on Ed's work and in contrast to SJ's predictions ('cos I agree with you Ed' date=' many do seem to be writing off the new boys, with no rea

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread hang on fellas........... First.... Then.... A quick.... Remember to... Then grab some.... And a.... Into position...... ......

have edited the figures out Ash if you wanna do the same? Sos buddy. Wasnt thinking straight. it is weird though aint it?

It's fine mate :) ive edited you figures out not really fussed about my own quite open with the state of my books ... I'm skint everyone :P

Very odd maybe ticket sm and see if they can explain in a little more detail ?

Edit that explains it then :o

Anyone want to enter the youth cup. If you do could you please state your interest here:

http://forum.soccermanager.com/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=408

Pazz has already set a friendly competition up so it would be pretty hard to accomodate two.

Also ive sent you an invite for that competition.

Nice to see Henderson and Richards make it to the England squad im sure they will do well if they get the chance.My team is almost ready for the season but need a stronger defence and one more forward to complete the squad,Have'nt got much to spend so got so use it wisely

Nice to see Henderson and Richards make it to the England squad im sure they will do well if they get the chance.My team is almost ready for the season but need a stronger defence and one more forward to complete the squad' date='Have'nt got much to spend so got so use it wisely[/quote']

If were winning by more than 2 goals at half time Henderson will get the 2nd half.

Nice to see Henderson and Richards make it to the England squad im sure they will do well if they get the chance.My team is almost ready for the season but need a stronger defence and one more forward to complete the squad' date='Have'nt got much to spend so got so use it wisely[/quote']

You the Burnley manager then? Il PM you about the deal..

Pazz has already set a friendly competition up so it would be pretty hard to accomodate two.

Also ive sent you an invite for that competition.

This is for later on in the season, but I was just asking now to see if anyone was interested. SO we could come up with a date to start it.

Hoping to bring in a top prospect before Saturdays game.he will be a youth squad player ,but could be a great addition for the future Sheffield United team.I think l will be concentrating on bring in more youth player who l believe could force there way in my first team squad within 2-3 years.

Just did a little search on squad values for The Championship - as many seem to be righting off the chances of the newly promoted teams to do anything other than survive in the division!

Building on Ed's work and in contrast to SJ's predictions ('cos I agree with you Ed' date=' many do seem to be writing off the new boys, with no really substance behind those claims), here's my final league position predictions based on something tangible rather than just seemingly plucking them out of thin air.

I took 4 measures, each team's average rating and value (according to the current gameworld info), the team's average points under the current manager, and each manager's average points across all the gameworlds they've been in (I did have a 5th one, number of trophies won, but that seemed to duplicate the manager's average points somewhat so I dropped it). None of these measures are perfect in their own right but by combining them it gives a somewhat more accurate assessment of how a team might do in EC5579's division 2 this season (though admittedly there are still many other variables at play).

I then ranked each team from 1-20 for each of the 4 measures (1 being best), combined all 4 results for a total score, and then ranked the teams accordingly, with lowest total score again being the best score. Here's the positions I got with total scores in brackets:

=1. Hull City (17)

=1. Millwall (17)

- - - - - - - - - -

3. Derby County (26)

=4. Aston Villa (28)

=4. Crystal Palace (28)

6. Cardiff (29)

- - - - - - - - - -

7. Watford (31)

8. Shrewsbury (32)

9. Brighton (34)

10. Swansea (41)

=11. Sheffield United (42)

=11. Reading (42)

=11. Wolves (42)

14. Coventry (43)

15. Ipswich (50)

16. Bristol City (51)

17. Peterborough (52)

- - - - - - - - - -

18. Middlesbrough (53)

19. Barnsley (70)

20. Queens Park Rangers (71)

As you can see at times there is considerable variation in the scores from teams adjacent to one-another in the league positions. For example, although Barnsley & QPR come in a distant 19th and 20th, if you agree with the methodology, the contest over who finishes as the 18th place team will likely be much closer. Similarly for the playoffs.

I suppose time will tell how accurate all these predictions are, and remember, the positions above are based on previous form/results/player ratings etc. and does not account for significant variance in effort put into EC5579 or other teams, risers, or that sort of thing. Here's SJ's odds/preditions for contrast:

Here's my Divison 2 full league prediction for next season:

1. Sheffield United

2. Aston Villa

- - - - - - - - - -

3. Hull City

4. Bristol City

5. Queens Park Rangers

6. Swansea

- - - - - - - - - -

7. Cardiff

8. Millwall

9. Wolves

10. Derby County

11. Middlesbrough

12. Shrewsbury

13. Watford

14. Reading

15. Brighton

16. Peterborough

17. Barnsley

- - - - - - - - - -

18. Ipswich

19. Coventry

20. Crystal Palace

THE JOOLES S&M CHAMPIONSHIP

THE LATEST ODDS - SKYBET

TO BE CROWNED CHAMPIONSHIP CHAMPIONS

Aston Villa - 2/3

Hull City - 1/8

Sheffield United - 1/9

Watford - 1/12

Bristol City - 1/14

Cardiff City - 1/15

Millwall - 1/17

TO WIN PROMOTION

Aston Villa - 5/1

Hull City - EVENS

Sheffield United - EVENS

Watford - 3/15

Bristol City - 1/8

Cardiff City - 1/8

Millwall - 1/12

Queens Park Rangers - 1/12

Derby County - 1/14

Wolverhampton Wanderers - 1/15

Swansea City - 1/17

Shrewsbury Town - 1/20

Reading - 1/20

Brighton & Hove Albion - 1/22

Barnsley - 1/22

TO BE RELEGATED TO LEAGUE ONE

Peterborough United - 11/10

Coventry City - EVENS

Ipswich Town - EVENS

Crystal Palace - 1/3

Barnsley - 2/7

Reading - 2/7

Bookies Tip: Millwall To Win Promotion - 1/12

As requested (by Ashh), here's what I got for Div 1 using the same methodology as for Div 2 in the previous post -

For methodology see here

Division 1:

1. Man City (18)

2. Liverpool (21)

- - - - - - - - - -

3. Sunderland (25)

4. Everton (26)

5. Man Utd (28)

6. Bolton (29)

- - - - - - - - - -

7. Arsenal (33)

8. Portsmouth (37)

9. West Ham (38)

=10. Fulham (41)

=10. Spurs (41)

12. Blackpool (42)

=12. Chelsea (42)

14. Preston (45)

15. Leicester (49)

16. Newcastle (54)

=17. Birmingham (55)

- - - - - - - - - -

=17. Blackburn (55)

19. Burnley (59)

20. Wigan (67)

If correct then it looks tight at the top! Actually' date=' to see how close these predictions might be I compared them to the league positions last year, as you'd expect them to be somewhat similar:

1. Man City (last season = 2nd)

2. Liverpool (last season = 3rd)

- - - - - - - - - -

3. Sunderland (last season = 8th)

4. Everton (last season = 7th)

5. Man Utd (last season = 1st)

6. Bolton (last season = 11th)

- - - - - - - - - -

7. Arsenal (last season = 15th)

8. Portsmouth (last season = 4th)

9. West Ham (last season = 9th)

=10. Fulham (last season = 5th)

=10. Spurs (last season = 6th)

12. Blackpool (n/a, promoted)

=12. Chelsea (last season = 17th)

14. Preston (n/a, promoted)

15. Leicester (n/a, promoted)

16. Newcastle (last season = 16th)

=17. Birmingham (last season = 12th)

- - - - - - - - - -

=17. Blackburn (last season = 10th)

19. Burnley (last season = 14th)

20. Wigan (last season = 13th)

And here's the Div 2 comparison:

=1. Hull City (last season = 5th)

=1. Millwall (last season = 7th)

- - - - - - - - - -

3. Derby County (last season = 4th)

=4. Aston Villa (n/a, relegated)

=4. Crystal Palace (n/a, promoted)

6. Cardiff (last season = 15th)

- - - - - - - - - -

7. Watford (n/a, relegated)

8. Shrewsbury (n/a, promoted)

9. Brighton (n/a, promoted)

10. Swansea (last season = 16th)

=11. Sheffield United (last season = 3rd)

=11. Reading (last season = 9th)

=11. Wolves (last season = 11th)

14. Coventry (last season = 17th)

15. Ipswich (last season = 12th)

16. Bristol City (last season = 10th)

17. Peterborough (last season = 14th)

- - - - - - - - - -

18. Middlesbrough (last season = 8th)

19. Barnsley (last season = 13th)

20. Queens Park Rangers (n/a, relegated)

I suppose there's a fairly decent correlation, though of course things might get warped by cup runs (Hull or Sunderland for example), by managers coming on board halfway through the season (dudeskin/Cardiff would be a good example), or managers just really starting to pull it together as comapred to previous seasons/clubs.

Also I did a quick comparison of the team and manager averages for Div 1 and Div 2. Div 1 averages 1.96 (team) and 2.04 (managers) for their average points per game, whereas Div 2 averages 1.98 (team) and 1.98 (manager). Remarkably close really.

So there you have it. Interesting stuff. Or not. I'm not saying there's not the odd mistake in there given that I just quickly rattled these things off but it gives you an idea of how things might play out. Be interesting to see how close these predictions are, but like I say there are many other variables in play so it only really gives a rough idea. And apologies to Div 3/4, I've got to crack on with other stuff but the methodology's all there if someone else wants to look at those leagues. :)

Here's Tom's predictions for comaprison:

LENNY'S BEN & JERRY'S PREMIER LEAGUE

LAWRO'S FINAL LEAGUE TABLE PREDICTION

For a bit of fun this pre - season, I am going to have my first go at a Premier League table prediction. Lets see how I currently see the premier League shaping up and may just finish like at the end of the season!

1. Liverpool

2. Manchester City

3. Manchester United

4. Tottenham Hotspur

----------------------------------

5. Arsenal

6. Bolton Wanderes

7. Portsmouth

8. Sunderland

9. Evertom

10. Fulham

11. Chelsea

12. West Ham United

13. Leicester City

14. Birmingham City

15. Black Burn Rovers

16. Burnley

17. Wigan Athletic

------------------------------------

18. Preston North End

19. Newcastle

20. Blackpool

DEBATE, ARGUE, DISAGREE, AGREE ALL YOUR THOUGHTS AND REACTIONS HERE ON THE EC5579 DISCUSSION THREAD!!!

Truely brilliant stuff Jooles ! , post like yours are so valuable to this set-up if i could rep you again i would :)

For your predicition its rather interesting to see Blackburn so far down , i always seem to struggle against Bibi's Rovers and see them as equals to be honest but i havent looked at there team for a while so im not sure of there current state.

For me to be 6th (strangly where i want to come and where Tom also predicted me) is pleasing and also very positive looking forward to the season as it shows my squad are capable (on paper at least) of challenging at the top. Maybe i've just been underachieving for the last 2 seasons :o

Again Jooles well done , brilliant read ! :)

Manchester City beat local Rivals in the Charity Sheild. Hopefully this is the first of many pieces of silverware I get this season:p A goal from Gilardino and one from Pato secure the win. Got £500,000 for winning it.

I also managed to loose 6-3 at the same time to Matty :D

Andrew Breon is after a new challenge and so has resigned as manager of Torquay United.

Andrew Breon has become the new Torquay United manager.

?????????