Guest Higgy

English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Controversial 20th November in the 5579 ends with a highly satifying 3-1 win over Ed's Brighton :)

Man, 50-50 possession and you lost a man on 52mins thanks to :-

BOOKED - The ref brandishes a yellow card to Lasha SALUKVADZE for kicking the ball away

RED CARD - Lasha SALUKVADZE did not even go for the ball, the ref gives him straight red!

thats a yellow and a straight red! Thats what happens when you sign thugs! ;):)

You certainly dominated the shots and I guess home advantage helped but a little sore at getting handed a 3-1 spanking, maybe a point a piece game but well done all the same.

Mancienne is available if anyone wants him' date=' so is Volta of Sampdoria.

Playing Leicester tonight. Average rating of 73 (and that's with a 82 rated goalie), so you can play your 3rd team and win tonight Matt[/quote']

Good luck, Im not too confident.

Anyway im looking for a CB have 4.7 million to spend, Contact me if your selling.

Man' date=' 50-50 possession and you lost a man on 52mins thanks to :-

BOOKED - The ref brandishes a yellow card to Lasha SALUKVADZE for kicking the ball away

RED CARD - Lasha SALUKVADZE did not even go for the ball, the ref gives him straight red!

thats a yellow and a straight red! Thats what happens when you sign thugs! ;):)

You certainly dominated the shots and I guess home advantage helped but a little sore at getting handed a 3-1 spanking, maybe a point a piece game but well done all the same.[/quote']

Hmm youve got a point, but what goes around comes around -

Ive been robbed loads of times by the match engine so I cant complain.

You'll get your rub of the green soon mate!

:D A win against Cardiff is always welcomed kindly. Not only a win, but he played his first team. he'll be gutted - he got Aduriz sent off aswell. In the end i only won it on penalties, but a wins a win. Hartlepool at home in the next round, hard to access as he had a bye in the first round.

CHELSEA ARE OUT! No other shocks, but Manchester United only beat Tranmere on penalties and Middlesbrough only beat Barnet on penalties.

:D A win against Cardiff is always welcomed kindly. Not only a win' date=' but he played his first team. he'll be gutted - he got Aduriz sent off aswell. In the end i only won it on penalties, but a wins a win. Hartlepool at home in the next round, hard to access as he had a bye in the first round.

CHELSEA ARE OUT! No other shocks, but Manchester United only beat Tranmere on penalties and Middlesbrough only beat Barnet on penalties.[/quote']

Narrow defeat and yes played the first team as didn't want to let the fans down but alas having more possession once againt doesn't make the slightest ounce of difference :rolleyes:. Had a feeling I'd still lose mind, in awful form in a lot of setups atm.

On a brighter note the arrival of Rosicky (yes the deal finally happened, sorry Brian :o) see's my average rise to the dizzy heights of 90 which is nice but of course probably won't mean anything as per ;).

Narrow defeat and yes played the first team as didn't want to let the fans down but alas having more possession once againt doesn't make the slightest ounce of difference :rolleyes:. Had a feeling I'd still lose mind' date=' in awful form in a lot of setups atm.

On a brighter note the arrival of Rosicky (yes the deal finally happened, sorry Brian :o) see's my average rise to the dizzy heights of 90 which is nice but of course probably won't mean anything as per ;).[/quote']

Yes you have 52% to my 48%, but i had 9 shots on target - to your 2. And it wasn't untile Grafite came off the bench untill you looked like scoring. I certainly didn't let the fans down, despite my rating out. This doesn't leave your squad looking good for the league does it (it terms of fitness)

Watched the match on the score centre and was 2-1 down until the 83rd minute. :o

Still painful for it to have been so close, but relieved to not have lost. West Ham host Bristol Rovers in the next round of the cup, a much harder game but hopefully we'll have a much greater improvement on today's performance.

Yes you have 52% to my 48%' date=' but i had 9 shots on target - to your 2. And it wasn't untile Grafite came off the bench untill you looked like scoring. I certainly didn't let the fans down, despite my rating out. [b']This doesn't leave your squad looking good for the league does it (it terms of fitness[/b])

Nope, leaving out for one game will have em all back up to 100% unless I'm mistaken ;), and hopefully Rosicky will put one over his old club.

I set my teams up to get the possession and that's what I achieved, the rest is down to the gods who are clearly in a bad mood atm :). Well done on the win of course and hopefully you go on to win the thing. ;)

Division 1 Team Of The Turn

Moradi (Burnley)

Clichy (Arsenal) Pique (Liverpool) Thiago Silva (Aston Villa) Gallas (Arsenal)

Arshavin (Arsenal) Cana (Sunderland) Mata (Liverpool)

Higuain (Liverpool) David Villa (Manchester City)[ Pato (Liverpool)

Shock of the Turn - Everybody thought Liverpool would win at Hull but not by 9 goals ! What made the win even more impressive was the fact that Liverpool had rested Star striker Fernando torres who diddnt even make it onto the field.

Manchester United slip up - Title challangers Manchester United slipped up in a game they should of considered a certainty to win. The Champions fielded a young team and there aragonce back fierd.

Failure of the Turn - Portsmouth defender Rakytskyy who recieved two bookings in the first 27 minutes to leave his team with only 10 men. What makes the red card even more stupid is the fat the second yellow was for wasting time !

Anyone think i should bring this back ? i used to enjoy doing them and now im a bit quicker on the computer and a bit better at the report side of the forum it wouldnt take as much time as they used to plus the fact its all i can really commit to forum wise atm

what you guys think ? :confused::P

Anyone think i should bring this back ? i used to enjoy doing them and now im a bit quicker on the computer and a bit better at the report side of the forum it wouldnt take as much time as they used to plus the fact its all i can really commit to forum wise atm

Yes! They'd be a good re-addition to the M/R thread.

Seems like a really nice feature tbh! kind of like they do on the sky sports website with best players and shock/good moments etc :D

Yes! They'd be a good re-addition to the M/R thread.
Seems like a really nice feature tbh! kind of like they do on the sky sports website with best players and shock/good moments etc :D

Sweet :) , then most likley starting from Wednesday but if not Saturday this will be a re-addition as SJ puts it to the MR thread !

after last nights defeat to Southend,reo coker out for 6 weeks and Pennant for 2,kaboul 2 weeks.Hoping to bring a defender Today and possible a midfielder to fill in for the injured midfielders,who will only stay in the short term(if l get his signiture).

Looks great to me, but will it just be for Div 1?

Watford have made an offer to Birmingham City for Joe HART of £19,000,000 plus Paco Alcacer ( a 78 rated FWD)

Considering my reserve keeper is a 78 rated kid why on earth would i accept that bid ?...and more to the point why on earth would someone make the bid in the first place.....is it me ?:confused:

EDIT: The deal involving Watford and Joe HART of Birmingham City has been rejected. Birmingham City are insulted by the stupidity of the Watford manager.

The offer for Chris MAXWELL of Llanelli from Sheffield United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

a bright prospect,thought he's worth the gamble,been linked with Everton.

The offer for David WHEATER of Fiorentina from Sheffield United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

6m for this cb/rb ,still only 23 years of age and could turn out to be a england international yet,has a good level of experience for his age.10k a week less wages than Collins.linked with Villa and Liverpool of late,but could stay with Boro.

aww great big Hairy coconuts. :(

Put my ressies out last night and took the mighty Spurs.

Up against the class of IBRAHIMOVIC, ETO'O, TERRY and chums in a 91 rated strong line up, my little team of heroes - and I shall be referring to them as heroes - rated 82.

Yet whats this -

22' GOAL!! - Franco DI SANTO smashes it with venom into the roof of the net!

and it stayed 1-0 to Brighton........................until :-

74' GOAL!! - The keeper parries a powerful shot but Zlatan IBRAHIMOVIC follows up on the rebound!

Hearts were broken, and it took a last gasp save from Brighton's Ceni in the 88th minute to take the match to pens. Sadly the romance of the cup ended, Brighton became an endless sea of young faces, cheeks fresh but slashed with tears on a cold November eve. No more would they sing of a match won but to the tune to victory of spirit. Children became men, and in turn those men became stone walled legends of the turf. The Churchill pride restored in the face of these white shirted anti christs, purveyours of bubble bursting.

In other words, lost on pens 5-4. Gutted.

Great idea, Ashh! Go for it. Maybe it'll inspire someone to do it for the other divisions as well.

@ Ed: Too bad, but nice try!