Guest Higgy

English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

but my deepest sypathies go to the gillengham manager must be crying!!

He had it coming, obviously you don't know about the banter back in Season 1 but the original members will know what i'm on about when i say he pulled a Brian Clough ;) (never quiet caught on though Ed, did it)

Drew 1-1 with Ash's Bolton. Good result considering I am not in the best of form.

Well played mate , i play possesion football and you certainly had me sussed tonight taking 57% of it , pleased Park got on the score sheet remembering season 1 he was my first signing in the set-up for a cool £8,000,000 seems like a bargain now !

He had it coming' date=' obviously you don't know about the banter back in Season 1 but the original members will know what i'm on about when i say he pulled a Brian Clough ;) (never quiet caught on though Ed, did it)[/quote']

hehehehe - class call SJ! Oh, i think we could resurrect the Brian Clough award for services to the OAP community for special merits!

ANd a crackin spot to televise the Brighton - Shrewsbury match. Bizarre game though. JInx dominated (61% possession) but i had considerably more shots, on targets, corners etc. Martin's very defensive tactic meant he kept the ball but when i had it i poured onto him very directly. I would always take that type of possession and feel fortunate to get a point but if you have the ball and play Vinnie Sideways with it then theres always a chance with some of my attacking options that i am gonna create and convert chances i guess.

Really not sure how i feel, is it 2 points dropped at home against my oldest rival or a fortunate point against a team that had the ball far more than i did?

Whats clear is that I am now far to easy to predict tactics wise (have been for quite a while to be fair) so a tactical shake up is on the cards. In my first season I used 7 diff formations, last season i used 1.

Either way it was the biggest crowd I have ever had - 1 off 11,000 and now 3points off a play off spot - nows the time to start taking some names!

EDIT - sorry, also Etienne Capoue got a plus 1 to 89 today.

The offer for Fábio AURELIO of Internazionale from Swansea City has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Took 48 hours. But i'm happy, can't be far off completion either seeing as Richardson's accepted bid was the last message before this and that's been completed. I'm prepared for a drop to 88, i'd still do well out of it as he joins for just £4,800,000.

EDIT: It's just been completed in the past couple of minutes :)

Raúl GARCIA has completed his move to Atlético Madrid from Swansea City for £12,518,800. All other offers were turned down.

Very happy with this, need two players to replace him now though. Things are finally starting to happen on the transfer front now.

Since The Announcement Of A Clearout:

In

Michael Chopra (85), £5,400,000

Michael Turner (88), £7,200,000

Fabio Aurelio (89), £4,800,000

Total Spent: £17,400,000

Out

Dan Gray (70), Released

Craig Richards (65), Released

Aaron Wildig (75), £500,000

Charlie Austin (78), £2,200,000

Jonathan Franks (77), £720,000

Jazz Richards (78), £1,100,000

Michael Morrison (82), £2,200,000

Joleon Lescott (90), £10,970,000

Peter Crouch (90), £8,006,000 & David Jones

Raul Garcia (89), £12,500,000

Total Recieved: £38,196,000

Took 48 hours. But i'm happy' date=' can't be far off completion either seeing as Richardson's accepted bid was the last message before this and that's been completed. I'm prepared for a drop to 88, i'd still do well out of it as he joins for just £4,800,000.

EDIT: It's just been completed in the past couple of minutes :)[/quote']

Had him in my sights as well, but was going to wait and see if he got a drop or not. Didn't realise I didn't have him on my shortlist, not that I would have been able to contest you for his signature.

Had him in my sights as well' date=' but was going to wait and see if he got a drop or not. Didn't realise I didn't have him on my shortlist, not that I would have been able to contest you for his signature.[/quote']

He played on Saturday against West Ham, but i think he'll drop. Still happy with signing him for that fee if he drops to 88, just thought many would stutter in bidding because of his rating so i'd be more likely to sign him.

Christian MAGGIO has completed his move to Napoli from Preston North End for £11,764,800. All other offers were turned down.
Cardoso TIAGO has completed his move to Juventus from Preston North End for £5,924,800. All other offers were turned down.

Their wages were too high for my liking. Going to use Altintip at RM and bring in two new CM's with the money. Before I sign the second CM I'll be bringing in a new goalkeeper to replace Patricio before I sell him..

The offer for Michael KIGHTLY of Roma from Swansea City has been accepted along with other club offers. Roma will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

It's between myself Aston Villa. I think i might have lost out as i've bid £4,300,000 and as Villa went in with a part exchange offer i think it might be more. Suprised that Villa were prepared to loose Fabian Delph and Ciaran clark for him, especially with the English changes a week or so away and Clark in for at least a +2.

Lets see what happens.

It's between myself Aston Villa. I think i might have lost out as i've bid £4' date='300,000 and as Villa went in with a part exchange offer i think it might be more. Suprised that Villa were prepared to loose Fabian Delph and Ciaran clark for him, especially with the English changes a week or so away and Clark in for at least a +2.

Lets see what happens.[/quote']

He's giving them 2 away :eek:, if he loses out on him ill buy Clark off of him.

Why would you want Kightly anyway? He's in for a drop, he hasn't played in over a year, and he wasn't named in Wolves squad at the start of the season so probably won't play at all this season unless its during a cup competition.

Why would you want Kightly anyway? He's in for a drop' date=' he hasn't played in over a year, and he wasn't named in Wolves squad at the start of the season so probably won't play at all this season unless its during a cup competition.[/quote']

You do know the squad of 25 gets renamed in January. He's got a very bright future, and wont drop because he's injured - untill January/February. Don't think i've got him as i think that Aston Villa's bid must have been about at least £4,700,000. Got two other targets in mind.

The undisclosed offer for Michael KIGHTLY of Roma has been withdrawn by Aston Villa.

Happy with this, can see why though, Delph & Clark are both very talented and Clark's in for a rise and he'll get a lot more cash for him then he'll get from p/e. To be honest just releaved i don't have to go looking for another target, as deals are taking ages with the way SM's been doing recentley and competition for Richardson.

You do know the squad of 25 gets renamed in January. He's got a very bright future' date=' and wont drop because he's injured - untill January/February. Don't think i've got him as i think that Aston Villa's bid must have been about at least £4,700,000. Got two other targets in mind.[/quote']

The guy's 24, 25 in January, it's pretty clear what sort of player he is by that age. In terms of rating most likely won't go up (if at all) until the next ratings changes and that's if Wolves haven't already been relegated by then. ;)

I'm sure there are much better options on the market for that price.

Oh but wait they have to be English.......:rolleyes: