Guest Higgy

English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

The guy's 24' date=' 25 in January, it's pretty clear what sort of player he is by that age. In terms of rating most likely won't go up (if at all) until the next ratings changes and that's if Wolves haven't already been relegated by then. ;)

I'm sure there are much better options on the market for that price.

Oh but wait they have to be English.......:rolleyes:[/quote']

He's been left injured for the last year or so, and when he last really played regularly for Wolves he was a bright talent so he remains one. All i can say is when Wolves were in the Championship Kightly was the star and Jarvis was the second man on the wing. Jarvis is now an England international and Kightly will be the better player when he returns from injury - ask a Wolves fan like Jack.

FABIO AURELIO - TODAY ;) And he's someone i want in my team, i don't want some random Russian for the same price but rated 87 - i'd have Kightly thanks because i actually know who he is.

He's been left injured for the last year or so' date=' and when he last really played regularly for Wolves he was a bright talent so he remains one. All i can say is when Wolves were in the Championship Kightly was the star and Jarvis was the second man on the wing. Jarvis is now an England international and Kightly will be the better player when he returns from injury - ask a Wolves fan like Jack.

FABIO AURELIO - TODAY ;) And he's someone i want in my team, i don't want some random Russian for the same price but rated 87 - i'd have Kightly thanks because i actually know who he is.[/quote']

He might be a 'Random russian' to you but some people actually watch football from other countries.

Its not all about british players and knowing who they are.

I brought coentrao before the world cup when i didnt know much about him and now look he's 90 and being linked with bigger clubs.

He might be a 'Random russian' to you but some people actually watch football from other countries.

Its not all about british players and knowing who they are.

I brought coentrao before the world cup when i didnt know much about him and now look he's 90 and being linked with bigger clubs.

You also brought in' date=' to name one of dozens, Ilari Ruuth for £15,000 without knowing much about him back in Season 1, then after paying him over £250,000's worth of wages you've sold him for £11,000.

If you know who the player is, your more likely to [b']like[/b] the player and enjoy having him at your club.

You also brought in' date=' to name one of dozens, Ilari Ruuth for £15,000 without knowing much about him back in Season 1, then after paying him over £250,000's worth of wages you've sold him for £11,000.

If you know who the player is, your more likely to [b']like[/b] the player and enjoy having him at your club.

Yes and ive brought other players who have risen and sold on and made millions and by doing that i was promoted with one of the best squads in div 2.

He's been left injured for the last year or so' date=' and when he last really played regularly for Wolves he was a bright talent so he remains one. All i can say is when Wolves were in the Championship Kightly was the star and Jarvis was the second man on the wing. [b']Jarvis is now an England international and Kightly will be the better player when he returns from injury - ask a Wolves fan like Jack[/b].

Really? All I hear from Jack is "Jarvis this", and "Jarvis that"!

100th game in charge will be: 6 Dec English Cup Round 2 [H] - Hartlepool United

Should be good Andy :)

Aye, I'll bring the bubbly to celebrate. :P

Jarvis is now an England international and Kightly will be the better player when he returns from injury - ask a Wolves fan like Jack.

Um, I speak to Jack reguarly and I asked him today who he'd rather have in the team - Jarvis, easily. Kightly might retire, his knee injury is sensationally severe, he's royally screwed and won't come back the player he once was. I'd rtaher take Jarvis, and I'm sure many others would on. I still credit Dan for signing Jarvis for his side a few months back, one of the most astute captures last season in my view.

I can see why you bought Kightly though, young, British, talented (was anyway), and was a regular. He should, but won't drop. Nice-ish signing but I would have gone for some-one that is actually playing - No offence.

signed a bright young talented winger nrseko salvio for a bargin 3.4 million i know him well from his west ham days and replaces my LM i have never heard off for 5.4 so im using the remaining 2 million on a ambitious swoop for JAMIE O HARA i really like him plus he is english so that helps :)

BREAKING NEWS:

There will be A PRIZE to the winning side & manager of this seasons Lenny Ben & Jerrys Premier League.

Rightly so - being the best side in the setup should mean more' date=' this season it will!!![/quote']

Were was my prize when i won!?:P

M'Vila and Skaho both went upto 89 today, didn't think Sakho would rise but i'm happy:)

Um' date=' I speak to Jack reguarly and I asked him today who he'd rather have in the team - Jarvis, easily. Kightly might retire, his knee injury is sensationally severe, he's royally screwed and won't come back the player he once was. I'd rtaher take Jarvis, and I'm sure many others would on. I still credit Dan for signing Jarvis for his side a few months back, one of the most astute captures last season in my view.

I can see why you bought Kightly though, young, British, talented (was anyway), and was a regular. He should, but won't drop. Nice-ish signing but I would have gone for some-one that is actually playing - No offence.[/quote']

When they were both playing regularly two seasons ago, Kightly was the better player. Jarvis as improved a lot, but Kightly is the naturally better footballer. He's been royally screwed for a while, but he's only out untill January and only got re-injured in October. Not as if i spent £7,000,000 on him, it's £4,300,000 and he's a good player for that price.

Busy day over at Brighton, with a few deals having been announced:-

Three small risers (eventually):-

The offer for Jeffrey RIJSDIJK of FC Groningen from Brighton and Hove Albion has been accepted.

The offer for Ilias MELKAS of Iraklis from Brighton and Hove Albion has been accepted.

The offer for Free Agent Evren OZYIGIT from Brighton and Hove Albion has been accepted.

As well as :-

The offer for Stanislav MANOLEV of PSV from Brighton and Hove Albion has been accepted.

particularly pleased with the Manolev deal as I am doing a swap (+400k) for Sanchez - same age, same position but Manolev is a rating higher and I think Manolev has got more potential.

Jamie o hara is now officially a torquay player!!!!!!!! What a brilliant signing for torquay and price was excellent I payed 3.7 million and a rubbish brazilian numpty with a rating of 80. Im pleased with everyone ive signed in a short space of time and im happy torquay is slowly becomeing a force to be reckoned with!!!!

Jamie o hara is now officially a torquay player!!!!!!!! What a brilliant signing for torquay and price was excellent I payed 3.7 million and a rubbish brazilian numpty with a rating of 80. Im pleased with everyone ive signed in a short space of time and im happy torquay is slowly becomeing a force to be reckoned with!!!!

Another ex-Jack on the move' date=' was thinking of making a bid but i tried to avoid going for an ex-player as i don't want to be going round in circles.

Michael KIGHTLY has completed his move to Swansea City from Roma for £4,300,000. All other offers were turned down.

As i said before, very happy with this.

The offer for Dean WHITEHEAD of Atlético Madrid from Swansea City has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

The second replacement for Raul Garcia. 15 appearances and the 1 goal so far for Whitehead, he's doing very well. Was left to decide on him, or slightly younger fellow Stoke player Glenn Whelan. But Whitehead's above Whelan in the pecking order, and dare i say a chance of a rise to 88 with Stoke doing pretty well in the league.

Maybe one more signing awaits before i finish my recent spending spree of signing Michael Chopra, Michael Kightly, Dean Whitehead, Michael Turner, Fabio Aurelio & David Jones.

Another ex-Jack on the move' date=' was thinking of making a bid but i tried to avoid going for an ex-player as [b']i don't want to be going round in circles.[/b]

It's not like your on the up though is it? I mean you've sold Joleon Lescott, Raúl Garcia and Peter Crouch and you've brought in Michael Chopra, Michael Kightly, Dean Whitehead, Michael Turner, Fabio Aurelio, Craig Gardner and David Jones. I really don't see none of them reaching the level of the three players you sold, do you?

It's not like your on the up though is it? I mean you've sold Joleon Lescott' date=' Raúl Garcia and Peter Crouch and you've brought in Michael Chopra, Michael Kightly, Dean Whitehead, Michael Turner, Fabio Aurelio, Craig Gardner and David Jones. I really don't see none of them reaching the level of the three players you sold, do you?[/quote']

Forget Craig Gardner, he joined at the start of the season and add one more player to that. But this is a wage cut, i'm loosing to much money so i need to decrease the quality players at the club. Not really decreased that much of the wage bill in the end, but i've earned enough cash to coverage the wage bill. I've just added depth to the squad, and i haven't lost out that much ... there's a lot of sides that have gone up or have done very well without 90+ players.

Outs: 90, 90, 89

Ins: 89, 88, 87, 85, 85, 85, ?

Forget Craig Gardner' date=' he joined at the start of the season and add one more player to that. But this is a wage cut, i'm loosing to much money so i need to decrease the quality players at the club. Not really decreased that much of the wage bill in the end, but i've earned enough cash to coverage the wage bill. I've just added depth to the squad, and i haven't lost out that much ... there's a lot of sides that have gone up or have done very well without 90+ players.

[b']Outs: 90, 90, 89

Ins: 89, 88, 87, 85, 85, 85, ?[/b]

But aren't you going to be spending the same amount of wages on 6/7 players? Joleon Lescott, Raúl Garcia and Peter Crouch we're on about 35-40k per turn right? And then you've brought in Michael Chopra, Michael Kightly, Dean Whitehead, Michael Turner, Fabio Aurelio and David Jones, that are on 18-21k a week. You haven't slashed your wages there have you? and if you have, you haven't done it worthy enough of losing three players of Crouch, Garcia and Lescott's quality.

Like many others I just ignore the wages. If you win games, you'll gain something, If you're in debt your chairman will always bail you out eventually, but with a side like yours you shouldn't have a major wage problem, cause you should be winning games, gaining promotion, and along with those comes increased capacity or prize money, meaning you'll gain more money to put towards wages.

But aren't you going to be spending the same amount of wages on 6/7 players? Joleon Lescott' date=' Raúl Garcia and Peter Crouch we're on about 35-40k per turn right? And then you've brought in Michael Chopra, Michael Kightly, Dean Whitehead, Michael Turner, Fabio Aurelio and David Jones, that are on 18-21k a week. You haven't slashed your wages there have you? and if you have, you haven't done it worthy enough of losing three players of Crouch, Garcia and Lescott's quality.

Like many others I just ignore the wages. If you win games, you'll gain something, If you're in debt your chairman will always bail you out eventually, but with a side like yours you shouldn't have a major wage problem, cause you should be winning games, gaining promotion, and along with those comes increased capacity or prize money, meaning you'll gain more money to put towards wages.[/quote']

I've got £10,000,000 in the bank left from the sales after all the signings which covers the wages as i said in the previous post. If i wasn't using that for wages then i'd have brought in another player like the one's i sold. I've still cut it by about £50k a match with youth sales aswell. I do suffer from a wage problem, i get the crowds - got a full house for the Cardiff cup games, my wage bill is in the region of £700,000 whilst my stadium only hold 20,500 so it's obvious that i'm going to suffer from a wage problem. I can't afford risking things as i'm here for the long - long term so i want to be doing deals for a long time.

Lost: Raul Garcia (89) - Replaced By: Lee Cattermole (87)

Lost: Peter Crouch (90) - Replaced By: Gudjohnsen (88)/Kevin Doyle (87)

Lost: Joleon Lescott (90) - Replaced By: Fabio Aurelio (89)

Also added a lot of depth in Divison 2 quality, if i have to play Michael Chopra/David Jones/Dean Whitehead/Michael Kightly/Michael Turner on a regular basis i'll be ok to play them on a regular basis as there good enough for this level.

I've got £10' date='000,000 in the bank left from the sales after all the signings which covers the wages as i said in the previous post. If i wasn't using that for wages then i'd have brought in another player like the one's i sold. I've still cut it by about £50k a match with youth sales aswell. I do suffer from a wage problem, i get the crowds - got a full house for the Cardiff cup games, my wage bill is in the region of £700,000 whilst my stadium only hold 20,500 so it's obvious that i'm going to suffer from a wage problem. I can't afford risking things as i'm here for the long - long term so i want to be doing deals for a long time.

[b']Lost: Raul Garcia (89) - Replaced By: Lee Cattermole (87)

Lost: Peter Crouch (90) - Replaced By: Gudjohnsen (88)/Kevin Doyle (87)

Lost: Joleon Lescott (90) - Replaced By: Fabio Aurelio (89)[/b]

Also added a lot of depth in Divison 2 quality, if i have to play Michael Chopra/David Jones/Dean Whitehead/Michael Kightly/Michael Turner on a regular basis i'll be ok to play them on a regular basis as there good enough for this level.

I'm amazed you still haven't sold one of your players. B)

Gutted that Bodmer dopped to 89 and changed to CM/CB, although I'm okay with the change but his drop really isn't deserevd, he's played very well, must of dropped him purely beacuse he's a PSG player or something becasue it makes no sense.

Kwadwo ASAMOAH has completed his move to Preston North End from Udinese for £9,110,000. All other offers were turned down

Replaces Tiago and in my view is a better player, big fan of Asamoah.

Emiliano VIVIANO has completed his move to Preston North End from Bologna for £7,110,000. All other offers were turned down

My favoruite goalkeeper in Serie 'A' and deserves a rise, he's replacing Patricio but Patricio won't be sold until Viviano is 90% fit.