Guest Higgy

English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

IAM SOOO GOOD LOL :P

RATING CHANGES AND VALUE CHANGES

LUCAS SCHIMITZ 85 - 86 I PAYED 2.2 AND A 80 RATED PLAYER WORTH 8.1 MILLION

LEWCHSI 75 - 77 I PAYED 290K AND HE IS WORTH 1.1 MILLION

ERIC CHUPO MONTANG 83 - 85 I PAYED 2.3 MILLION AND NOW WORTH 6.3 MILLION

VERY PLEASED I FOUND THESE BARGAINS IM VERY SUPRISED NO ONE HAD CHUPO MONTANG EVEN SHORTLISTED!!! LOL:D

starting value 39 . 8 million for the squad

value at the moment 85 million for the squad

The deal involving Preston North End and Mauricio ISLA of Udinese has been turned down. Udinese have decided to proceed with another offer.

:mad: I hate the new transfer system. £1M, 78 and a 80 for Isla over a £7.1M bid. This new system is crazy :( I'll have to look elsewehere, had my heart set on Isla. Bury have taken two primary midfield targets off me in the last two months - Tino Costa and now Isla.

Well done jinxmillion:-

+1 SOW,

+3 DOUMBIA,

+5 Matthieu

+7 KITAMBALA

+2 WESLEY

I feel another clearout at Shrewsbury on the cards!

Big shouts to Watford, Wolves, Forest, Torquay, Southend. Sheff Weds, Burton, Leeds and Liverpool - all feeling the benefits of the increases in France and Germany each with a number of excellent risers. (regardless of the region though Watford always get a shout out dont they!)

Good work fellas!

I just presumed Bayern Munich was the last to be done' date=' but maybe there's still some more to be reviewed.[/quote']

Yes i see what you mean it seems to be a strange move to do bayern now as they usally leave the best teams to last :confused:

is the gillengham manager on the forum? I have a banker 3 points against his leaky team :D:D

Yes i see what you mean it seems to be a strange move to do bayern now as they usally leave the best teams to last :confused:

SM are working from the bottom of the table upwards. Bayern are fifth, with the top four still to be reviewed (Dortmund, Mainz, Leverkusen and Hannover).

The offer for Dejan LOVREN of Lyon from Preston North End has been accepted along with other club offers. Lyon will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Bidded £6,000,000 + Calvente (77) for him. Burnley have bidded £3,000,000 + 76 + 77. Really want this to go my way. If not, I'll just have to go internal.

So i can beat City in the cup but not the league :o , would of prefered it the other way round to be honest but a wins a win !

Palacio got another goal and Cahill scored , will face QPR in the next round :)

Some how managed to generate around £1,500,000 since the seasons start , not alot i know but good cup wins here and there and a decent rn in europe (i'm lead to believe it gives you some cash) could see me in a good financal state come the end of the season :) I love my sqaud to, which always helps when things are going well and you dont have to look around to selling the players you like in real life. My one wish is to get rid of Jamie fricking Carragher and bring in 2 more defenders with the money i make ... then in my opinion my squad would be perfecto ;)

Here's a couple of questions for you all:-

In your time as a manager in 5579 who has been:-

Your best purchase?

Defined as the player who has made the biggest difference to you on the field, you know, the one you have a secret man crush on!

Your most profitable transfer?

Up to you if you include wages or not, you all have a sense of what a good deal is.

Worst Transfer?

This could be the guy that failed to live up to the hype, the one that spent his time with you injured, retired the day after you bought him or simply cost you so much in lost transfer fees and wages you never want him to darken your door again.

All of your answers have to be based on deals that have comcluded, rises that have happened or events that are quantifiable - so saying you bought so and so who is 16 but will be the new Ronaldo (the fat or thin one) when he is 22 doesnt count!

Here's mine:-

My Best Purchase

Marcus Berg - He was my first big siging, a real marquee jobby and the money at the time gave me a nose bleed (£8.4m). But in 46 games he has scored 30 goals, has 29 assists and 9 MoM:cool:. He has been the one constant since the final promotion push at the end of season one. It would be very, very difficult fo rme to sell him, even when he has far higher rated players around him as he is now Mr Brighton. (thats not some "special mans club" award by the way ;))

Gary Neville - Aside from the fact that the Moustach'oed one has been signed and sold by me twice, in between captaining the side and playing 31times, he has simply been my best money maker gaining an 8.4m for me over the two deals:D. I have individual deals that have trousered me 6m etc but I think Nevilles deals are the ones that have given me the most satisfaction.

Worst Transfer?

Massimo Ambrosini - Now i made a lot of cash of this guy, just over 5m once i sold him on and that was my main reason for buying him. However, there was a bigger plan at play. In season one i came second in div 4 just 2 points of Jinxmillion and that stung. Ambrosini, bought toward the end of season two was to be a massive influence, easily the highest rated player I had ever had at the club and my secret weapon to erase the ills of missing that title. First game 20 minutes in he does his ligaments and is out for, yep you guessed it 9 weeks. Roll on to the end of the season and guess what, i came second again by......2 points. :mad:

Looking forward to your stories folks.

Silvestre went down?! 87--->86 And there was me thinking he'd go up! He's practically played as many games for Werder Breman this season as he did for Arsenal in the whole of last season! :confused:

Your best purchase?

Gabriel Agbonlahor - All time top scorer and most appearances at Swansea, not always consistant but he's somebody who i want to keep for sometime as i really like him. 51 appearances, 17 goals, 16 assists, 8 MOM's and an average of rating of 7.16 since joining me for £9,600,000 and i think that in a few seasons down the line when players are going for a lot more he'll be valued at a lot more then what i originally signed him for. Not doing well recentley for me, but i'm going to keep on giving him regular football and see if he can change things around and be a key player once again for me.

Michel Bastos - I'd say it's probably Michel Bastos. Not very many profitable signings at Swansea as i don't opt for risers but i got a big profit on the sale of Bastos. He signed as one of my first signings at the very start of Season 1 for a fee of £8,600,000 and despite not doing particularly brilliant for me he went for £15,800,000 half a season later.

Worst Transfer?

Peter Crouch - Signed him back at the end of Season 1, for a fee of £4,500,000 & Roque Santa Cruz. Santa Cruz was good for me back in Season 1, scoring enough goals but Crouch was made availible and i secured the signing of him. But he was truely awful for me infront of goal, 5 goals in 36 games certainly wasn't enough for me to hold onto him and i was happy to sell him at the start of the season and loose his wages. I'd estimate that he cost me about £1,800,000 on wages and i'd say that i made a loss on the signing of him - although it's hard to see as i signed and sold him in part exchange deals.

Here's mine:-

My Best Purchase

Hulk - Had his first stint at the club back in season 1 when he joined on loan from Liverpool he didn't join for very long but he made an impression. I then brought him from external for 9.4 million and since then he's scored 27 goals, 14 assits and 5 MOTM performances in 41 games for me. He's since rose to 90 and looks to be on his way to a bigger club in the future which could see him get 91 which would be deserved in my opinion.

Your most profitable transfer-

Stankovic- yes ive already mentioned him below but in terms of bringing me the most money in it has to be him, There was a few like Suazo who i brought for 4 mill and sold for 8 and Brown who i made 4 million on but Stankovic was my most profitable.

Worst Transfer-

Dejan Stonkovic - Never really lit fire in his time at the walkers but he was brought for 11 million and later sold for tad under 20 million so i made a lot on him but for his 93 rating he was about as much use as a blind lifeguard.:P, In his 16 appearances he scored just 2 goals and made 6.

Bristol City:

My Best Purchase

Samaras - Would normally have been an easy choice Samaras, but he's not hitting the goals so far this season like his past 2. But I still feel he'll get double figures for the season, which would be a great first 3 seasons here. He wasnt an expensive signing either?

Your most profitable transfer-

Danny - My most expernsive signing and my only 90 rated player. He doesnt by any means carry the team though. He plays a big role, and is a huge asset in the changing room and in terms of internation experience. Without him in the squad we wouldnt be the same side.

Worst Transfer- I dont mean to be arrogant but I cant find a worst transfer in my team. I honestly do feel I have wheeled and dealed well here, which is a rareity for me. I think weve been sensible with the budget. Please remember - When I joined back in Turn 2 of Season 1 - I had no more and no less than 5m - and all but 2 players were TBed (Thanks Goz ;) ). But as soon as the TBs wore off - the Samaras's and Dannys of the land joined, aswell as some loan stars, we were on the road. Im sure I'll start making some bad signings soon though. Besides if ex Swansea legend Arouna Kone flops and makes a little impact for the season, then he'll no doubt be a bad signing. I just feel he could do some magic in this league like he did with Swansea in the first season.

I tell you what - i'll let you guys decide my worst signing as I dont really know...

:o:cool:

My Best Purchase

David Villa - He's never been short of goals since he joined the setup via Manchester City back in January, and despite the fact that he joined Liverpool at the end of season one he is our all time top goal scorer, and to go alongside that nineteen assists and seventeen MOTM awards. It seems clear that he will remain at Liverpool for a long time now and it's hard to see anybody topping his record on the field.

Gerard Pique - One of the first players that i signed at Liverpool Pique has never let down, he is the main man in our back line and only age twenty three. Not too mention his rise in value, he has risen a staggering 20m or so since joining at the start of season one. The future certainly remains to look bright for this world class player.

Worst Transfer?

Mathieu Debuchy - I can't say any ex Liverpool players have extremly terribly as everyone seems to have done alright for us, but Debuchy who signed in season one played twelve matchs before being sold on in part exchange for Carlos Tevez. Week after week he put in average performances nothing special but he was soon replaced Sergio Ramos in which his chances of getting time on the pitch decreased rapidly.

Arrgg Another draw 2-2 this time with Juventus, SM really are annoying me with Europe they leave Lahm out of the squad every time and i know that won't make alot of difference but it's an absolute joke why i can't win a game:mad:

Napoli won so now i'm bottom of my group and as far as i'm concerned my days playing in Europe are over for this season. Well done to City who managed their first win same with United on their triumph over Zenit, surprised at Pompey loosing 3-0:eek:

The Blades best signing.

Santa Cruz ,based on last seasons goal scoring record.Struggling this season he will come good soon.form is temporery,class is perminant.

Worst

Not really had one but l guess James Collins didnt and couldnt perform for m blades team.

Most profitable.

Been a few but made 5 m on senderos.

My favourite signing.

To date-leon osman captain marvel.

Signed Grant Holt on loan from Man City,he will go straight into the starting line up.

Craig Dawson rose by 5.