Guest Higgy

English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Very, very fortunate to get something from tonight's game. Drew 2-2 with Millwall at home, to draw my fourth game on the trot. Ryan Giggs and a last gasp equaliser from Lee Cattermole save me a point, Dembele didn't have a great game but he did get an assist. Aurelio had another good game, no subs were activated though.

Very pleased to say i'm out of the relegation zone, currently in 7th. I'm on the same points as Brighton & Cardiff aswell, so although i'd have liked a win i'm very happy. Next up - Ipswich Town away, it's a much win match quiet simply.

West Ham bounce back from the 4-0 thrashing by Preston to beat Wigan 4-2 and reclaim a spot in the top 4. Not looking forward to Blackburn on sunday, although at least their winning streak has been broken now.

Guest drseanfitz

The Northampton slide continues 0-1 away defeat to high flying Hudderfelt

Can it get any worse?:eek:

yep...when you play yeovil

My league table just updated.. and woah

My daggers have got the joint highest points in my league, only goal difference seperating us from the very top. Up next Oldham Athletic, battle of the promoted sides who both happen to have the highest points in the league. Should be a cracking one :D

Big well done to Rick James!!!

I asked him to play his abolsute best tonight and boy he did

3-1 win over my bristol

I cant complain - well deserved!

They are dark horses.

Cheers Tom:D

Quietly slipped into 3rd spot too, although it doesn't get any easier with a dangerous looking Shrewsbury up next

Seamus Coleman rose from 83 to 85

Marc Albrighton rose from 75 to 84

Matt Jarvis rose from 86 to 87

No rise for Nathan Eccleston, and no rise for Ben Foster either, although didn't expect it too much for Ben Foster.

Hopefully Williamson will go up to 86 tomorrow, and Carroll should go up to 87.

The new Hartlepool squad show signs that they are beginning to click as they strolled to a 3-0 victory over West Brom yesterday evening. Christian Rodriguez scored on his debut following his recent transfer from FC Porto, with Dimitri Payet doubling the advantage after the break with his first goal for the club as well. And the newly-appointed captain, Daniel Cata Diaz, capped off an excellent night with his first strike for the Monkey Hangers late on. An injury to midfield anchor Demy De Zeeuw dampened the mood in the away dressing room, but a post-match scan revealed the injury to be nothing more than a dead leg. The Dutchman will likely return to the first XI next week.

Hartlepool move up to sixth place in the table thanks to this result, leaving them just two points from the summit in a tightly-contested top-half to the table.

Awful, just awful.

Fabio Aurelio drops to 88, as expected.

Stephen Ward rises to 85, as expected.

Agbonlahor changes from Fwd/Wing to Fwd, as expected.

Craig Gardner moves from RB/RM to CM, as expected

Cuellar drops from 90 to 89, tad harsh but maybe should have happened.

Craig Gardner HAD to rise to 87, at the least. He's at 88 quality, yet no rise. Regular at Birmingham City, a very good side, deserves 86 - i don't think so.

No rises for Aaron Hughes, Gabriel Agbonlahor, David Jones & Kevin Doyle either, i was hoping for at least one of these changes to go my way. Hoping for it to be a lot better tommorow.

Awful' date=' just awful.

Craig Gardner HAD to rise to 87, at the least. He's at 88 quality, yet no rise. Regular at Birmingham City, a very good side, deserves 86 - i don't think so.

No rises for Aaron Hughes, Gabriel Agbonlahor, David Jones & Kevin Doyle either, i was hoping for at least one of these changes to go my way. Hoping for it to be a lot better tommorow.[/quote']

Good to see your policy of buying Prem based players is working out well. :P

Good to see your policy of buying Prem based players is working out well. :P

My squad will improve over this period, i really can't see why Craig Gardner didn't rise - couldn't have done anymore to rise.

If Lee Cattermole doesn't rise tommorow, i'm going to be seriously annoyed with SM.

Awful' date=' just awful.

No rises for Aaron Hughes, Gabriel Agbonlahor, David Jones & Kevin Doyle either, i was hoping for at least one of these changes to go my way. Hoping for it to be a lot better tommorow.[/quote']

Apart from Gardner, none of those players had a chance of a rise. Maybe Jones, but Wolves are a relegation side.

Lost out on negredo offered 11m deal,but the double his cv bid will win.that's fine,l ll only bid what l think is the right deal for my club.one target to go,but not sure l get that one ,as yet again only bid what l was happy with.

Just to add if the Northampton manager believes negredo is worth double cv that not probs at 24 negredo has alotvof football left and hope he does well for the cobblers.

Apart from Gardner' date=' none of those players had a chance of a rise. Maybe Jones, but Wolves are a relegation side.[/quote']

I was hoping for one of those to four to rise, i was pretty confident that one would be David Jones. If not then Aaron Hughes is underrated, and Kevin Doyle being at 88 is certainly not out of the ordinary.

Main concern was at Craig Gardner.

Fraizer Campbell is welcome to leave London Road. Fraizer joined back in season 1 for £4.2million and since went on to score 20 league goals in 49 league appearances. I feel he'd do fine at lower level as either an impact player or a first team player. He's currently sidelined with a cruciate knee ligament injury but looked very promising during pre-season scoring four goals in a friendly against Hull City and goals against Leicester (1-2) and Brighton and Hove Albion (1-1).

Lost out on negredo offered 11m deal' date='but the double his cv bid will win.that's fine,l ll only bid what l think is the right deal for my club.one target to go,but not sure l get that one ,as yet again only bid what l was happy with.

Just to add if the Northampton manager believes negredo is worth double cv that not probs at 24 negredo has alotvof football left and hope he does well for the cobblers.

Cheers Brian

Despair at not making the start to the season I had hoped

So if I do get Negredo he will be a welcome addition to the front line

Sebastian LARSSON up 1 = 87

Roger JOHNSON up 1 = 88

Luke VARNEY up 2 = 84

Pretty pleased with my rises so far

Hoping Stuart HOLDEN, James PERCH, Cheik TIOTE and Lukasz FABIANSKI can do the buisness for me tomorrow and get some form of rise :).