Guest Higgy

English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

IT maybe a freindly but

Torquay have pulled off a shocking victory over Toms best 11 bristol city side 3-2 and a FULLY deserved victory as man for man rating we were far superior!!

Coming back from 2-0 down We showed amazing character to score 3 goals in a stunning 5 minutes with savio bagging a brace and scott sinclair scoreing again

A freindly it might have been but this is torquays best result as it shows how far we come to face a division 2 best side and come away with a deserved victory!! Tom BAD LUCK :D:D:D

gunna steamroll crewe next ;)

Seamus Coleman rose from 83 to 85

Marc Albrighton rose from 75 to 84

Matt Jarvis rose from 86 to 87

No rise for Nathan Eccleston' date=' and no rise for Ben Foster either, although didn't expect it too much for Ben Foster.

Hopefully Williamson will go up to 86 tomorrow, and Carroll should go up to 87.[/quote']

Jake Livermore rose from 78 to 80

Steven Caulker rose from 77 to 79

Mike Williamsom rose from 84 to 85 :(

Andrew Carroll (on loan) rose from 85 to 87! :D

Jonathan Walters rose from 83 to 84

Felipe Caicedo changed from CF to FWD.

With Caicedo's position change, Andrew Carroll will now step in and take the lone role upfront behind young Sertic, while Walters can now leave along with Campbell.

Lee Cattermole, 87 - 87. Deserved - 88, only thing he's got against him is a couple of red cards but he's played in every game he hasn't been suspended in and he's Sunderland captain.

Mark Davies, 82 - 83. Deserved 84. Really annoyed with this one, 12 appearances and 1 goal apparantly isn't enough to even deserve 84. He's certainly worthy of more then 83, he's a Premiership fringe player and his stats and performances could more easily have warranted an 85 then an 83. What have they got against him.

Darron Gibson, 85 - 86. Didn't expect it, but then again he deserved an 87 the last time when he was really getting a lot of first team football. I suppose 86 is worthy of a squad player at Man. United.

Jack Wilshere, 85 - 87. Deserved an 88. Only on loan so not that crucial, as he may well be sent back. I suppose an 87 is better for me, as it's unlikely he returns to Arsenal.

Dean Whitehead, CM - CM/RM, not really expecting it but not bad i suppose adds a little more depth to my squad and can't exactly hurt my team.

Jack Cork, DM/Def - CM/DM, i was expecting him to keep his Def to be honest as although he hadn't been playing in that position he is still someone who could fill in at the back line whenever possible. Messes up my second string team now and i'll probably have to switch formation for the second string.

Jack Wilshere, AM/Wing - CM/AM, as expected, he could well easily fit into the first team in that position but to be honest i think i'm going to prefer Lee Cattermole to him.

IT maybe a freindly but

Torquay have pulled off a shocking victory over Toms best 11 bristol city side 3-2 and a FULLY deserved victory as man for man rating we were far superior!!

Coming back from 2-0 down We showed amazing character to score 3 goals in a stunning 5 minutes with savio bagging a brace and scott sinclair scoreing again

A freindly it might have been but this is torquays best result as it shows how far we come to face a division 2 best side and come away with a deserved victory!! Tom BAD LUCK :D:D:D

Well done mate

no hard feelings :)

You deserved to win!

Odemwingie cant stop scoring and kone decided to score, so not all doom :)

Time to get back to winning ways on saturday!!!

IT maybe a freindly but

Oh, look who's here!

Hello Mr. Latouche :D

Can you help poor Kieran?

KeiranW.jpg

Kieran Westwood - Goalkeeper - Aged 26 - Rated 85

This is Keiran' date=' he likes sunny days, cold milk and fresh cookies. Most of all though Kieran would like to be your friend.

His owners don't love him, he doesnt get game time , hugs or cuddles. The only thing waiting for Kieran when he gets home is whatever scraps Roger Ceni has left behind.

You see Kieran isnt first choice at Brighton and his loan spell at Dagenham is about to end as the owners found a more cuddly keeper to use.

Could you give Kieran a home for the season? He only costs £18k a go and in return he will reward you with love and laughter. Maybe the future Ireland and real life current Coventry No1 will continue and improve upon his average rating of 7 for you.

After all a Westwood is for the Season, not just the first 7 games. :D[/center']

Bump:rolleyes:

Seriously no one wants this guy on loan? really?

Zhrikov 92>91 :(

Macheda 80>>83

I was disappointed to see Zhirkov, but naturally because I'm a Chelsea fan. i was looking at the other changes and saw Walters only got a +1 :confused: Surely he deserved a +2 at least. Feel a bit hard done by for Dan.

Stuart Holden rose from 83 to 86

Lukasz Fabianski rose from 85 to 87

James Perch rose from 82 to 83

Luke Varney rose from 82 to 84

Roger Johnson rose from 87 to 88

Sebastian Larsson rose from 86 to 87

All in all not a bad rating change for me :)

Only one i feel a little hard done by is Cheik Tiote who i thought deserved atleast an 87. But hey still pretty good :D

Only 21 shopping days left til Christmas!!!!

Don’t leave it late, act now and make that someone specials Christmas one of the happiest ever with these crackin’ gift ideas from Brighton and Hove Albion!

For Dad’s everywhere, rather than slippers, a pipe or the latest Clarkson video why not buy him João CICINHO! The 88 rated 30 year old I perfect for the cold nights in with Dad – and at a special festive price of just £8.5m this is one RB or indeed RM that would look especially good under the tree this year.

What about Mum I hear you ask! Well, forget the Brad Pitt Calendar, the Buble CD or the home pedicure set – hook her up with Stanislav MANOLEV! Not only does his name nearly rhyme but the 24 year old hunk can play at RB or RM and brings with him his 87 rating – all this for only £8.8m!!! I know, virtually giving him away!

And what would be better for big brother than Federico FAZIO? The 23 year old CB can also play DM and the youngster is already rated 87 all for just £9m! Or indeed 90 rated LM or LB Danijel PRANJIC, the 29 year old is all yours for just £10m!

And you know nothing would please your sister more than ripping the wrapping paper of Jorge Martinez, she will love his 88 rating as a FWD or WING – the 27 year old is hers to sit alongside her JLS poster for a once only offer price of £9m.

Then there's the missus, go on treat her to a bit of Jonathan Woodgate! The 30 year old, 87 rated CB is hers for the tidy sum of £7m!

Finally Granny – you know she loves a bit of multiplayer pick and mix – spoil her this year with any or all of Edvan BAKAJ, Dirnei RENATO, Duzi PATRICK or Astemir SHERIEV!

To recap then, Brighton will be selling the following, get em while they’re hot!

Roger CENI,

GK, Rated 90, Aged 37 (Reserve now for TB on 11th Jan)

Asking price = £6.5m

Danijel PRANJIC,

LM/LB, Rated 90, Aged 29

Asking price = £10m

Dirnei RENATO,

CM/AM, Rated 90, Aged 31

Asking price = £9.4m

João CICINHO, (Reserve now for TB on 17th Dec)

RB/RM, Rated 88, Aged 30

Asking price = £8.5m

Jorge MARTÍNEZ, (Reserve now for TB on 12th Jan)

Fwd/Wing, Rated 88, Aged 27

Asking Price = £9m

Stanislav MANOLEV, (Reserve now for TB on 2nd Feb(!))

RB/RM, Rated 87, Aged 24

Asking price = £8.8m

Jonathan WOODGATE, (Reserve now for TB on 15th Jan)

CB, Rated 87, Aged 30

Asking price = £7m

Federico FAZIO,

CB/DM, Rated 87, Aged 23

Asking price = £9m

Astemir SHERIEV,

CB, Rated 75, Aged 20

Asking Price £400k

Edvan BAKAJ,

GK, Rated 72, Aged 23

Duzi PATRICK,

AM, Rated 70, Aged 22

These players must go, due to our fitters having nothing to do in January, Sale Ends Boxing Day, Promotional Prices not useable with any other offer, purchase limited to 11 per household. Your home may be at risk if you secure a CB against it or whatever etc.

Danijel PRANJIC,

LM/LB, Rated 90, Aged 29

Asking price = £10m...............AGREED TO EXTERNAL FOR £10.1m

Federico FAZIO,

CB/DM, Rated 87, Aged 23

Asking price = £9m................AGREED TO EXTERNAL FOR £7.9m

If anyone wants to better either of these then I will cancel the deals.

On a side note - Etienne Capoue is now transfer listed. Not definately selling at this point but am interested in offers - need xceptional cash really as I can get £17m on PX for him- ignore the asking price though - never know a non forummer may meet that! The 22 year old DM/CB is rated at 89.

The offer for Matthew ETHERINGTON of Roma from Swansea City has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Player that i really like, who's doing very well in the Premiership. Joins in a straight swap for Ruben Amorim, and adds a bit of width to the wing although with Gardner's & Cork positional changes i've only got six first team defenders. Anyway pleased with this signing, and he's great cover for Ryan Giggs.

The offer for Luke DANIELS of Villarreal from Swansea City has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Better goalkeeper then Ben Alnwick. Lower wages, and i'll gain a fair bit of cash over it. Joins for £660,000 and Alnwick will hopefully leave to external for £1.2m+.

EC5579 "HIGHLIGHT MOMENT" OF THE YEAR 2010

If you wasnt alredy aware, throughout the next couple of weeks or so, me and Swanseajack will be counting you down and announcing what the "top highlight moment" of the year from 5579 is!

I have asked a number of 5579 veterans on their scores from 0 to 10 for various highlight moments, and they'll all be added together to give us the answer.

Where does it start?

AT 7:30 PM - I will publicly name the top 15 Highlight moments on the MR thread.