Guest Higgy

English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

EC5579 "HIGHLIGHT MOMENT" OF THE YEAR 2010

So the top 15 have been listed in no specific order on the MR thread. Next...

Me and Swanseajack throughout this month will count you down from 10 to first, giving a breif description on each moment, why it was special etc. Some will be included in our divisional check ups!

The winner of highlight of the year 2010 will get interviewed!

So...

Will we be interviewing Ed & Jinx on their heroic year at Brighton & Shrewsbury respective? Will Arouna Kone get questioned?

Will Swanseajack be inteviewed on his amazing weekly roundups of Swansea!

Will Matty avfc get interviewed for his amazing title winning season with Leicester in the Championship?

All coming soon!

Well done Tom and sj for there efforts' date='you guys and your hard work is a credit to the GW.[/quote']

I can insist to you, that up to now Tom is the one who's done 90%+ of the efforts so you can congratulate him for that. My part of the thing doesn't really start till now, but this idea has only just begun - it will get a lot bigger by the time the number one is announced.

ADAM BARTON - DONT WASTE YOUR TIME

_49923321_barton_282.jpg

In an EdMoses like plee, here's my plee to the interested parties of Adam Barton. Now i don't mind a small bid the first time, but you now i'm not going to except the bids - you know i know how talented this guy is, and you know i know he's in for a rise as i've told you previously. Sorry to name you, but i feel i have to - to stop something that's starting to get on my nerves.

Sheffield United have made an offer to Swansea City for Adam BARTON of £250,000

Burnley have made an offer to Swansea City for Adam BARTON of £250,000

The guy is not going to leave Swansea City, especially since the maximum fee happens to be £250,000 at the moment, he's in for a big rise to around 80 and even then i wouldn't like to sell him as i feel he has more potential still. He's made 17 appearances for Preston North End already along with a Northen Ireland debut on the 17th of November with 90 minutes in there 1-1 draw to Morocco.

I have big plans for Barton, and he's set to end any sort of competition by signing a 5 year contract for £3,600 a week. I want him to make a league debut over the next season or so of the bench, after his rise, along with a number of other young players.

So don't bother bidding, it's not helping anything and in the future i'm not going to give you back the respect to reply to the bid.

This deal is hardly fair :rolleyes:

Neither's this one:

Burnley have made an offer to Swansea City for Adam BARTON of £250' date='000[/quote']

You can't compain at all about recieving this bid, as had you not bid the original fee which you knew wasn't going to be accepted - from previous rejections of exactly the same bid - then i wouldn't have renegotiated.

Neither's this one:

You can't compain at all about recieving this bid' date=' as had you not bid the original fee which you knew wasn't going to be accepted - from previous rejections of exactly the same bid - then i wouldn't have renegotiated.[/quote']

No i did'nt know as i never had him shortlisted and i thought i would try my luck but id rather you just reject my bid then make a stupid counter offer.

No i did'nt know as i never had him shortlisted and i thought i would try my luck but id rather you just reject my bid then make a stupid counter offer.

Yes you did know, as you've bid for him previously. You made a stupid bid for him originally, he's a Northen Irish international - not a Coca Cola kid.

Yes you did know' date=' as you've bid for him previously. You made a stupid bid for him originally, he's a Northen Irish international - not a Coca Cola kid.[/quote']

I think i did'nt bid for him before as he is third from top on my shortlist so this was my first bid,The fact is the reject button is there for a reason rather then asking for a 90rated for a 72.

Somebody take Westwood on loan lol his wages are gonna bleed me dryyy :(:P

Can't see why he's not been taken yet :confused:

I think i did'nt bid for him before as he is third from top on my shortlist so this was my first bid' date='The fact is the reject button is there for a reason rather then asking for a 90rated for a 72.[/quote']

You think, well i know. You just removed him from your shortlist. I've previously had bids from three clubs, Sheffield United, Burnley & Preston (& i think Manchester City). I've got no problem with Sheffield United bidding because he said he only bid because i countered for you, so he thought he would possibly be availible with a youth player involved. I'm just showing you that i'm not going to take this sort of bid, it's insulting and i expect a lot better from experienced managers.

Anybody selling a player rated 90 or above' date=' who won't drop, for around the £15-16M area and who is under the age of 28?

If so, contact me :)[/quote']

As ever Mikel Arteta is availible, but he's only availible for a p/e deal (don't know if your only looking to bring in a player for cash, if so i wouldn't want to sell him for cash)

You think' date=' well i know. You just removed him from your shortlist. I've previously had bids from three clubs, Sheffield United, Burnley & Preston (& i think Manchester City). I've got no problem with Sheffield United bidding because he said he only bid because i countered for you, so he thought he would possibly be availible with a youth player involved. I'm just showing you that i'm not going to take this sort of bid, it's insulting and i expect a lot better from experienced managers.[/quote']

To be fair Aidan, if my chairman allowed me I'd be bidding around £1.5M for Barton as I'm a really, really big fan of his, as you are, but the chairman won't let me. After he rises I'll be in for him, with a good offer..

To be fair Aidan' date=' if my chairman allowed me I'd be bidding around £1.5M for Barton as I'm a really, really big fan of his, as you are, but the chairman won't let me. After he rises I'll be in for him, with a good offer..[/quote']

Yes, but seeing as i've tied him down to a 5 season contract at £3,600 a week his wages are of no concern. So i don't think i'll be selling him then, he's a Northen Irish international who i see being a future 84+ player.

So delighted when i originally bought him, didn't know much about him - just that James Burrow thought he did well on his Preston debut - bought him for £50,000 outbidding then Elliot's Stockport.

In a bit of a reporting mood today so thats 2 up already , you may see a few more by the end of the day but max like 2 ;)

what odds can you lot give me on Manchester United to be relegated ? , i fancy putting a tenner on it :P

In a bit of a reporting mood today so thats 2 up already ' date=' you may see a few more by the end of the day but max like 2 ;)

what odds can you lot give me on Manchester United to be relegated ? , i fancy putting a tenner on it :P[/quote']

Doubt they'd be relegated, they have a relatively good squad i think it's more the fact that their new manager hasn't settled in yet looks like he needs some time to get the right formation and so on.

Chelsea are another eye opener i mean they're not doing to badly at the moment but they're manager really needs to pay some more attention to them half the team are NMF. In my mind he should stand down and let somebody else have a go.

Chelsea are another eye opener i mean they're not doing to badly at the moment but they're manager really needs to pay some more attention to them half the team are NMF. In my mind he should stand down and let somebody else have a go.

agreed i only have around 7/8 teams at a time as i manage my teams closely i would get annoyed with myself if i let any players get NMF !!!

wycombe play radabes notts forest tonight looking to keep my good run going

been scoring for fun recently but notts forest have a good squad so could be a tight game

Following a press release by the new Sheffield Wednesday manager' date='Sheffiled United manager is in talks with the board and lawyers prior to there reply following negative comment re the club:)[/quote']

just spent a hour responding only to lose it..have to do it later or asap.not happy

FOUND IT,AGAIN.

Sheffield Wednesday have accepted the friendly challenge to play Sheffield United on Thu 9 Dec.