Guest Higgy

English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Best result of the season! Notts County 2:4 Exeter City

Brill result. Did a tactical change of moving Rocchi into a different position and because of that he has scored 4 goals. We also had 65% of possession so 'm quite happy with the victory which should see us go into the top 6.

Bleeding hell, what do i have to do to win - 5 draws on the bounce now to Sheffield United, Crystal Palace, Aston Villa, Millwall and now Ipswich.

Not the end of the world, with a point away from home, but i really needed to be winning that match - and i deserved to win that match. Despite my formation, i still dominated possesion with two midfielders on the pitch compared to there five. Beat them on stats, and i had the best of the match ratings but i just couldn't seal the win. Just couldn't convert my chances, and i'm very dissapointed to come out of the game with a 1-1 draw, really needed to convert some of these chances:

33' A poor finish by Matthew ETHERINGTON

47' A shot from Moussa DEMBELE is cleared off the line and out to safety

56' Ryan GIGGS heads onto the roof of the goal

78' A curling shot from Ryan GIGGS goes just wide of the post

79' Ryan GIGGS hits a straight volley towards goal but it crashes off the near post

To add to this loanee Jack Wilshere picked up a three week injury, whilst coming off the bench on his league debut, Lee Cattermole's doing well but with a couple of 2nd round cup games coming up i couldn't really deal with this sort of injury as Wilshere was doing really well for me when he did play. And i do need him to return to action, but unfortunatly he wont be back until around Christmas time.

To possitives, and at least it's a point - i'm up to 16th above Cardiff and my team is playing really well. Were unbeaten in 5, but i know i need to get a win sometime and the next game doesn't bode well as i face Hull City at the Liberty Stadium in a very hard match.

Not exact predictions, but i predicted the correct result (as in win/draw/lose) for six of the ten games today, which is pretty impressive.

Ohhh crumbs!!!!

went down 2-1 to Preston (nice one Rob).

Hulk with my goal again, he seems to be the only one hitting the back of the net for me. Pedro isnt doing it neither is Benzema.

Out of my whole team only 3 players have scored.

Hulk 9 goals in 9

Benzema 2 goals in 8

Jagielka 1 goal in 8

Pretty poor really isn't it.

Oldham Athletic 0 - 1 DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE

Genuinely cant believe how well my side is coping in division 3. Brilliant result here against a strong Oldham side helping to keep me joint top of the table :D.. will knock up a full M/R tomorrow :)

Shock.................Horror

Northampton actually get a point

2-2 draw with Bex's Walsall

Should have won looking at the ratings and stats.....But well done Bex.

Ah well.....Only 8 points off the play-offs:eek:

Aston Villa 1 Peterborough 2

Ramsey '37

Ferguson 41' (pen)

Paloschi 42'

A fully deserved victory against Villa mean's Peterborough move into 5th place! Which I believe is the highest position I've ever been with them since this setup opened almost a year ago. 4 league wins on the trot now, also another record.

A satifying 1-1 away draw with Sheffield Utd

Considering I was strongly strongly expecting them to really turn on the heat tonight after thumping brighton last weekend, Im delighted to get a point!

Remember this turn folks!

preston north end are in the top 4!!!

Well done rob!!

Cheers Tom, only for this turn I suspect. Hard luck Matty, thanks for being gracious in defeat :o.

Preston North End 2-1 Leicester City

Extremely pleased with this result. Shocked, again, but pleased. I'm pleasantly surprised we beat Matty's Leicester, i couldn't beat him last season and I was fortunate tonight that Benzema was crocked for Matty. Cacau has 5 goals for me this season taking him into the top 5 scorers. I'm very happy with the start I've had, but really don't want to finish in the top 8. I hate overachievement and the pressure of having to replicate form the following season. Next up - Wolves in the English Cup 2nd round.

A satifying 1-1 away draw with Sheffield Utd

Considering I was strongly strongly expecting them to really turn on the heat tonight after thumping brighton last weekend' date=' Im delighted to get a point!

Remember this turn folks!

preston north end are [b']in[/b] the top 4!!!

Well done rob!!

rode my luck,but l am happy just not to lose.still close on points down at the bottem of the league.

Cheers Tom' date=' only for this turn I suspect. Hard luck Matty, thanks for being gracious in defeat :o.

[b']Preston North End[/b] 2-1 Leicester City

Extremely pleased with this result. Shocked, again, but pleased. I'm pleasantly surprised we beat Matty's Leicester, i couldn't beat him last season and I was fortunate tonight that Benzema was crocked for Matty. Cacau has 5 goals for me this season taking him into the top 5 scorers. I'm very happy with the start I've had, but really don't want to finish in the top 8. I hate overachievement and the pressure of having to replicate form the following season. Next up - Wolves in the English Cup 2nd round.

Trust me Rob that wouldn't of made the slightest bit of difference, he's been woeful so far. I may sell him in jan and get 30 mill for him.

Happy with the result against WBA.. 1-1 OAR got the goal for the Pirates...

stay in 14th place...

Got West ham in the 2nd rd of the cup on monday

Next league match is against Chazza bones bottom club Doncaster.

Oldham Athletic 0 - 1 DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE

Genuinely cant believe how well my side is coping in division 3. Brilliant result here against a strong Oldham side helping to keep me joint top of the table :D.. will knock up a full M/R tomorrow :)

Good result buddy, should be a good next match. ;)

Hartlepool's good run of form continues as they narrowly defeat Doncaster 1-0. Despite dominating possession and eeking out the best of the game's opportunities, it took the hosts until well into the second-half before the deadlock was broken. Dimitri Payet was the hero, scoring for the second consecutive match to seal the Monkey Hangers third straight win.

With this result, Hartlepool move up to third place in the table, just two points behind the top two of Tranmere Rovers and Dagenham and Redbridge - with a trip to the latter up next for Hartlepool.

Happy with the result against WBA.. 1-1 OAR got the goal for the Pirates...

stay in 14th place...

Got West ham in the 2nd rd of the cup on monday

Next league match is against Chazza bones bottom club Doncaster.

Not a bad night in all - and you got 10th best highlight of the year ;)

Bleeding hell' date=' what do i have to do to win[/b'] - 5 draws on the bounce now to Sheffield United, Crystal Palace, Aston Villa, Millwall and now Ipswich.

Not the end of the world, with a point away from home, but i really needed to be winning that match - and i deserved to win that match. Despite my formation, i still dominated possesion with two midfielders on the pitch compared to there five. Beat them on stats, and i had the best of the match ratings but i just couldn't seal the win. Just couldn't convert my chances, and i'm very dissapointed to come out of the game with a 1-1 draw, really needed to convert some of these chances:

33' A poor finish by Matthew ETHERINGTON

47' A shot from Moussa DEMBELE is cleared off the line and out to safety

56' Ryan GIGGS heads onto the roof of the goal

78' A curling shot from Ryan GIGGS goes just wide of the post

79' Ryan GIGGS hits a straight volley towards goal but it crashes off the near post

To add to this loanee Jack Wilshere picked up a three week injury, whilst coming off the bench on his league debut, Lee Cattermole's doing well but with a couple of 2nd round cup games coming up i couldn't really deal with this sort of injury as Wilshere was doing really well for me when he did play. And i do need him to return to action, but unfortunatly he wont be back until around Christmas time.

To possitives, and at least it's a point - i'm up to 16th above Cardiff and my team is playing really well. Were unbeaten in 5, but i know i need to get a win sometime and the next game doesn't bode well as i face Hull City at the Liberty Stadium in a very hard match.

Not exact predictions, but i predicted the correct result (as in win/draw/lose) for six of the ten games today, which is pretty impressive.

Change your formation! That formation your using is awful, it leaves your defense very vulnerable down the flanks. Change it even to a 4-4-2 with arrows going forward on your fullbacks + wingers and use counter attack, fast tempo + pressing all over. You'll be winning everything with that. ;)

If you don't get results you have to change your tactics.

Change your formation! That formation your using is awful' date=' it leaves your defense very vulnerable down the flanks. Change it even to a 4-4-2 with arrows going forward on your fullbacks + wingers and use counter attack, fast tempo + pressing all over. You'll be winning everything with that. ;)

If you don't get results you have to change your tactics.[/quote']

Pfft, i've had enough of you telling me what to do.

I've gone from two defeats on the bounce, to five unbeaten (draws or not) - i was very unlucky not to beat Ipswich in a game i really should have won - and your telling me to change my tactics.

Your telling me i haven't got results, but i've got five of them - on the bounce. I've climbed from 18th to 16th, and telling me my formation is awful isn't going to make me listen to you. Look at Coventry City, they've deployed it and it's working.

In tonight's game, i got better match ratings, more possesion and more shots on target and total shots - so if your going to tell me to change my tactics, at least have the effort to look into things. I suppose it's what it says on the tin, you really are a Daft Punk.

Good result buddy' date=' should be a good next match. ;)

Hartlepool's good run of form continues as they narrowly defeat Doncaster 1-0. Despite dominating possession and eeking out the best of the game's opportunities, it took the hosts until well into the second-half before the deadlock was broken. Dimitri Payet was the hero, scoring for the second consecutive match to seal the Monkey Hangers third straight win.

With this result, Hartlepool move up to third place in the table, just two points behind the top two of Tranmere Rovers and Dagenham and Redbridge - with a trip to the latter up next for Hartlepool.[/quote']

Im not looking forward to it tbh, you got a very strong outfit on your hands there :P think id happily settle for a draw if you offered me it now! ;)