Guest Higgy

English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

The Bristol City fringe / youth side which were torned apart just recently by WBA beat Rochdale on penalties after a 0-0 draw.

How the heck can you give Arouna Kone man of the match therefore though???? Hint hint - it was 0-0...

Anyway a reward against Longnose's Birmingham in the 3rd round. A chance to test ourselves against the best.

Because he's Arouna Kone ;)

Guest drseanfitz

yeovil reserves beat newcastle 1-0, but picked up a red card and 2 injuries:mad:

There will be a new English Cup Champion as I go out to Milwall. I played mostly a second team as my first teamers were low on fitness due to not being able to change my team on Saturday. But well done to Milwall fully deserved.

The offer for Aleksandr HLEB of Barcelona from Sheffield United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

4.1 m for this 29 year old creative 89 rated player.can play anywhere in midfield.Chairman rates him at 7.7m.happy with that.

Birmingham add **** Diakhate CB/ 26 /88 to the not wanted list..a solid 88 currently getting the minutes in at Froggie outfit Lyon...going to need around the 8 mil mark but be quick he is out of Birmingham in a part ex if no solid bids / expressions of interest are received by 8 pm tonight :)

EDIT : Slightly confused why P A P E was picked up by the offensive remark filter ?

Portsmouth beat Spurs for the second time in a week after coming out 5-2 winners in a 7 goal thriller at Fratton Park last night.:)

Braces for Kanoute and Moutinho plus a strike from Quagliarella got the goals for the home side while Kranjcar and Ibrahimovic netted for Spurs.

The result sets up a tie with fellow EPL rivals Blackpool in the 3rd round of the English Cup.

The offer for Aleksandr HLEB of Barcelona from Sheffield United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

4.1 m for this 29 year old creative 89 rated player.can play anywhere in midfield..Chairman rates him at 7.7m.happy with that.

The offer for Ryan BABEL of PSV from Sheffield United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

5.9m for a player who's still only 23 and still has a chance of making it big.88rated can play right midfield or as a striker.My chairman values at 8m.only secured after another bidder pulled out,l was never going to pay more than 6m for him.

Really happy if these two deals go through for 10m,l believe that the best bit of business l ve done.both players can play in more than one position,both have a profit in them and there rating have just been decreased.once they are past there tranfer bans l will have to let them or any underperforming players leave as l cant afford to increase my wage bill long term.

The offer for Ryan BABEL of PSV from Sheffield United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

5.9m for a player who's still only 23 and still has a chance of making it big.88rated can play right midfield or as a striker.My chairman values at 8m.only secured after another bidder pulled out' date='l was never going to pay more than 6m for him.

Really happy if these two deals go through for 10m,l believe that the best bit of business l ve done.both players can play in more than one position,both have a profit in them and there rating have just been decreased.once they are past there tranfer bans l will have to let them or any underperforming players leave as l cant afford to increase my wage bill long term.[/quote']

Wow, two very good signings - especially Babel. Dissapointed i didn't see Babel availible to be honest as i would have made a rival bid.

Aidan White got a positional change from LB to LB/Wing which was deserved, he probably deserves a 76 when the Championships reserved.

Wow, two very good signings - especially Babel. Dissapointed i didn't see Babel availible to be honest as i would have made a rival bid.

Though both players rating dropped, for the money l paid for a 88 and 89 rated players with my chairmans c.v of them can only be good.

Not sure about hleb,but what do you get for 4m,but if Babel can turn a corner in his career that could be a great piece of business.

could be a deal or two more in the coming weeks,but players will have to leave to make that happen.

5.9m for a player who's still only 23 and still has a chance of making it big.88rated can play right midfield or as a striker.My chairman values at 8m.only secured after another bidder pulled out' date='l was never going to pay more than 6m for him.[/quote']

Ahh brutal, how did he slip under my radar :o cracking signing though mate :)

Have no fear the Turn 9 Divison one reviews will be here tommorow at around10-11ish.

Sorry for the delay but i've had exams so revision and the exams themselves have taken priority im afriad. Well done to Aaron at Crewe on beating me in the cup last night been a bit distracted so couldnt put out the cup team but that takes nothing away from him beating my 90 average starting 11.

Leandro Greco 80-83

Didnt even realise he was due for a rise he was one of them players i signed at the start of my reign at orient to bulk up the ratings never expected a rise of any type so a +3 was a welcomed supprised , hes now valued just under 4 million by my chairman :)

The offer for William GALLAS of Real Madrid from Brighton and Hove Albion has been accepted.

The veteran is in good form for Spurs right now, just made it out the champs league group stage and brings his 93 rating to my defence hopefully in time for tonights clalsh with Villa! :D However my other new boy, DM Alou Diarra is still suspended so will have to wait for his debut - his 91 rating would have been very useful tonight.

Luca Antonini got a +1 to 89 this am also so things are tightening up at the back here at Brighton.

The offer for William GALLAS of Real Madrid from Brighton and Hove Albion has been accepted.

The veteran is in good form for Spurs right now' date=' just made it out the champs league group stage and brings his 93 rating to my defence hopefully in time for tonights clalsh with Villa! :D However my other new boy, DM [b']Alou Diarra [/b]is still suspended so will have to wait for his debut - his 91 rating would have been very useful tonight.

Luca Antonini got a +1 to 89 this am also so things are tightening up at the back here at Brighton.

Two very good signings there Ed , Diarra was on my shortlist but i couldn't get an offer together that suited me in time for him and Gallas i discovered was avalible this morning but by that time was ABD to you im slightly gutted as he would of filled the huge hole i have at centre back but well done to you on getting them unchallenged :)

We have completed the signings of a few youngsters today, most notably Shakhtar midfielder Taras Stepanenko(85). Him and the rest of my youth squad are available for loan if anyone is interested.:)

Only one change today with Goran Pandev dropping to 91.:( SM have been very harsh on Inter in these changes.

Got Ashh's Bolton up tonight in the league. Only a point seperates us in the league so I'm expecting a close game.

Two very good signings there Ed ' date=' Diarra was on my shortlist but i couldn't get an offer together that suited me in time for him and Gallas i discovered was avalible this morning but by that time was ABD to you im slightly gutted as he would of filled the huge hole i have at centre back but well done to you on getting them unchallenged :)[/quote']

Thanks Ash, your your disappointment cheers me up a little after losing out on Eboue to you at the death! ;):D

Got Ashh's Bolton up tonight in the league. Only a point seperates us in the league so I'm expecting a close game.

Should be a good game ' date=' i had some form at the start of the season but i seemed to have run out of steam already with such a quick dash off the line. Including tonights game against you i have faced(will face) in my opinion 3 of the best teams in the league in the last 3 games Liverpool, Tottenham and Portsmouth.

I'm hoping for a point tonight at the least but whenever i say that i lose so well done on your forthcoming victory ;)

Thanks Ash, your your disappointment cheers me up a little after losing out on Eboue to you at the death! ;):D

I sort of regret the signing of Eboue now , your need for him was much greater than my own and i should of let you have him. He will still remain a back-up until his TB comes off and then i have a few players that i could trade up with.

-

In other news my finances are exceedingly pleasing this season :P