Guest Higgy

English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Made a few more signings today to further boost my squad today,hopefully we can look at expanding the squad in the coming days as well.

CESAR, Júlio Gk Benfica 24 86 £0 & F.CANALES

RUDOLF, Gergely Fwd/Wing Genoa 25 85 £1.0M & J.CORTES

DARMIAN, Matteo CB-RB Palermo 21 82 £5k & R.NEUSTADTER

BOATENG, Derek Getafe £4.8M

Really delighted with the signings that I've made and Boateng will be a great addition when he joins in the next 24 hours as well,I didn't expect Darmian to rise to 82 from his rating of 80 when I bought him so that was a very nice suprise:).

Thiago Silva got a +1 to 92 this morning, and last night i lost to Napoli 1-0 in the Champion's league which kicks me out of the competition in the group stages for the second time in a row:mad:

whilst I'm not doubting there talent having a player like Insigne on almost 8k per week whilst his on loan to Foggia who aren't even in Serie B and means there is no chance of an immediate rise

Originally posted: 26/11/2010

Current Date: 8/12/2010

Lorenzo Insigne rose today, from 75 to 78. Rejected a £600,000 bid from Sunderland on 25th November, and he's currently valued at £1,040,000 by my chairman. 6 goals in 15 games so far this season, and he's certainly worth keeping unless i get a good offer.

The below players have been made avaible for loan ,to the lower leagues clubs.

Shelvey.(cm/am) 80 rated

Hammil.(barnsley winger) 82 rated.

Eaves.(fw)75 rated.

Matt Philips(blackpool rw) 78rated

Hleb and Babel will not be playing in tonights game against the Shrews.Hoping for a positive result.

Tough game away to Arsenal tonight, hoping for a point to be honest, but expect to be beaten all the same.

Had two +1's from Italy - Emiliano Viviano (+1 to 88) and Stefan Radu (+1 to 88). Radu also changed to LB/CB.

The offer for William GALLAS of Real Madrid from Brighton and Hove Albion has been accepted.

The veteran is in good form for Spurs right now' date=' just made it out the champs league group stage and brings his 93 rating to my defence hopefully in time for tonights clalsh with Villa! :D However my other new boy, DM [b']Alou Diarra [/b]is still suspended so will have to wait for his debut - his 91 rating would have been very useful tonight.

Luca Antonini got a +1 to 89 this am also so things are tightening up at the back here at Brighton.

A couple of really sweet signings, Ed! I expect to see Brighton flying up the standings.

Tough game away to Arsenal tonight' date=' hoping for a point to be honest, but expect to be beaten all the same.

Had two +1's from Italy - [b']Emiliano Viviano[/b] (+1 to 88) and Stefan Radu (+1 to 88). Radu also changed to LB/CB.

Nice rises, Rob!

A couple of rises at Shrewsbury too.

Stefano MAURI +1 to 89

Federico BALZARETTI +1 to 89

Mauricio PINILLA +2 to 87

Quite disappointed that André DIAS did get his 89.

About blooming time Benzema got a goal.

Was close game which ended up being won with the single goal. Had to deploy the loans from Sunderland at CB and LB as Coentrao and De silvestri featured in the cup so they were not fit.

Quick fact for you all!

My Bristol City have got the smallest squad of players in the league (24)

Millwall hae the biggest in 76

Would you rather have 24 or 76?

The 24 man squad.

Anyway very - very pleased :)' date=' as i pick up a point at home to Hull. There a strong side, and last season it's a side that even at home i would have lost to - especially under Ian.

[b']Bottom 7 Beforehand:[/b]

14. Shrewsbury, 11 (-2GD)

15. Brighton, 8 (-7GD)

16. Swansea, 8 (-7GD)

17. Cardiff, 7 (-7GD)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

18. Ipswich, 7 (-7GD)

19. Sheff. Utd, 6 (-3GD)

20. Watford, 6 (-5GD)

Bottom 7 After Tonight:

14. Shrewsbury, 11 (-3GD) STAYED

15. Cardiff, 10 (-6GD) UP 2

16. Sheff. Utd, 9 (-2GD) UP 3

17. Watford, 9 (-3GD) UP 3

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

18. Swansea, 9 (-7GD) (DOWN 2)

19. Brighton, 8 (-8GD) DOWN 4

20. Ipswich, 7 (-7GD) DOWN 2

So quiet simply, everything's changed. Couldn't have done much myself, drawing to second in the league and promotion fancied Hull City, drops me from 16th into the relegation zone. I'm not too bothered by it, one win and everything changes. I have a much more winable tie on Saturday, as i face Derby County - and that's where i can start winning games, not at Hull City which i said i'm very happy to get a point from the game, and if anyone was going to win that game it was going to be Hull.

Crystal Palace: P10 W3 D4 L4 F9 A10. So you'd reckon that today's game vs. Tom's Bristol City would be a 1-1 draw. 0-0 in fact, so no real surprise there. Or excitement. Again. At least we can be bothered to win or lose a few from time to time, unless like Swansea. :rolleyes:

Quick fact for you all!

My Bristol City have got the smallest squad of players in the league (24)

Millwall hae the biggest in 76

Would you rather have 24 or 76?

76. Then sell 46 of them for a 30 man squad and a lot of cash.

Got a very respectable 1-1 draw away to Arsenal, we slip down to 5th but anything above the relegation zone is a success.

Thanks Jinx, not really anything special, yours just put me to shame :P

Got a very respectable 1-1 draw away to Arsenal' date=' we slip down to 5th but anything above the relegation zone is a success.

Thanks Jinx, not really anything special, yours just put me to shame :P[/quote']

Your doing great Rob, well done. :)

Peterborough pick up a important point at home against Millwall, although I had more shots, possesion and corners. dos Santos Giovani continues to get his name on the score sheet with three goals in five apperances so far this season but Andy Carroll is yet to score, he's got a better average rating than he did when he was rated 85 and at Charlton when he got 7 goals in 7 games but he's yet to score, so by that evidence I hope they come soon. Top five are unchanged, and I'm still in there. :)

Well a win would have taken me upto 2nd place and i only had to get past Blackpool but i could only pull a 2-2 draw out of the bag, atleast most others at the top drew and i'm still in 6th and the gap to the top isn't massive.

DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE 0 - 0 Hartlepool United

Nothing in the game at all really so think a draw was a fair result for two well matched teams. Keeps my second place in the league after 10 games played which im delighted about :)

Crystal Palace: P10 W3 D4 L4 F9 A10. So you'd reckon that today's game vs. Tom's Bristol City would be a 1-1 draw. 0-0 in fact' date=' so no real surprise there. Or excitement. Again. At least we can be bothered to win or lose a few from time to time, [b']unless like Swansea. :rolleyes:
[/b]

Haha, six draws on the spin now - a very good point at home to Hull. It's a little bit frustrating when you don't win games, but aslong as i don't loose them i'm happy.

I'm two games away from breaking my unbeaten league run, and i'm confident that i'll win won of these days.

Burnley win their first match this season:D, Raul Meireles double against 10 men West Ham give us are first three points.Scott Parker is injured for 6 weeks:mad: Got him and Henderson out but glad i brang in Fahey and Oliver Norwood will have to set up to the plate.