Guest Higgy

English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Frustrating goalless home draw with Palace tonight.

By the way - Jooles - setting my tactics tonight to beat you was one of the most awquid experiences Ive ever had to come against. You'll do well :)

Glad to hear it! :D To be honest my hands have been tied of late due to fitness concerns, but even so I'm pleased to know that I'm not making it easy. :)

Not happy with tonites result, getting a 1-1 draw with Chazz Bones bottom club Doncaster...:mad: On the happy side OBINA gets his second goal for Bristol Rovers...

Noticed that my predictions once again are wrong... o well

Not happy with tonites result' date=' getting a 1-1 draw with Chazz Bones bottom club Doncaster...:mad: On the happy side OBINA gets his second goal for Bristol Rovers...

Noticed that my predictions once again are wrong... o well[/quote']

Would you belive it?

A relegated side - you face them and its as if its the worst result of the season when you manage to draw to them.

I know what you mean ehre though gaz, they were tonked for fun last season in the Championship, and are just not strong enough.

Keep fighting tho :)

Cheers mate' date=' always nice to announce my arrival properly :D[/quote']

Is that why you kept quiet when you lost your first game 4-1? ;)

Hartlepool draw 0-0 tonight, which is a pretty good result as I had to play against Dagenham AND Redbridge! Drop to fifth in the table.

Also beat SJ's Swansea in the Cup on Monday 1-0 to progress to the Third Round where we shall meet Bristol Rovers.

Hartlepool draw 0-0 tonight' date=' which is a pretty good result as I had to play against Dagenham AND Redbridge! Drop to fifth in the table.[/quote']

Lol nice! fair result for us both i think, nothing much in the game and with your teams superior overall ratings im a happy bunny to come away with a point :P

Is that why you kept quiet when you lost your first game 4-1? ;)

Hartlepool draw 0-0 tonight' date=' which is a pretty good result as I had to play against Dagenham AND Redbridge! Drop to fifth in the table.

Also beat SJ's Swansea in the Cup on Monday 1-0 to progress to the Third Round where we shall meet Bristol Rovers.[/quote']

Of course it was :D

Lost 4-3 to Charlton =/

Interestingly' date=' I stopped scoring after I changed my formation to a more defensive one.[/quote']

Hard luck to you. Anyway, glad Charlton back on winning track. Also, just managed to sign Demichelis,Pogrebnyak and Riera in recent days to improve my average rating.. Gastaldello also get rise to 89 in Italian review. Sit at midtable right now,but it's very tight on Div 3.

Lost 4-3 to Charlton =/

Interestingly' date=' I stopped scoring after I changed my formation to a more defensive one.[/quote']

Hard luck to you. Anyway' date=' glad Charlton back on winning track. Also, just managed to sign Demichelis,Pogrebnyak and Riera in recent days to improve my average rating.. Gastaldello also get rise to 89 in Italian review. Sit at midtable right now,but it's very tight on Div 3.[/quote']

Ye, meant "offensive formation" btw :o

Ouch! Beaten at Home 2-1 versus Villa.

Unceremoniously dumped into the relegation zone - never experienced this before, I don't like it, make it stop!

Tactics have been swapped around a fair bit in recent games as I come to terms with my changing squad. I would have like to pick up more points at this stage obviously but with the squad now taking shape a little more thanks to Gallas and Diarra joining - both will hopefully debut against Millwall - I need to put together one of those undefeated runs that I somehow miracled in Season One and Two.

I’m only 9 points of a Play off spot (!) with 28 games to go so not panicking yet. Although it does hurt my pride considerably to tarnish my perception with such a shoddy start to the season.

Strewth – welcome to big leagues son!

Game One - Away to Cardiff

Game Two – Home to Swansea

Game Three – Home to Posh

Game Four – Away to Watford

Game Five – Away to Bristol City

Game Six – Home to Shrewsbury

Not really sure where my points are going to come from!

Will be aiming at 10 points form the opening 6 games' date=' anything more would be awesome, anything slightly less would be worrying, anything considerably less would be a disaster. :)[/quote']

Hmmm, now sitting on 8 points from 10. Disaster it is then!

The European rating changes ended for Hartlepool this morning. Here's how the squad has changed over the last week or two:

Yousseff El-Arabi arrow-ne1.png3 ---> 86*

Delvin Ndinga arrow-ne1.png1 ---> 87*

Romain Danze arrow-ne1.png1 ---> 87

Dimitri Payetarrow-ne1.png2 ---> 89

Anton Putsila arrow-ne1.png4 ---> 84

Bastian Oczipka arrow-ne1.png3 ---> 85

Kevin Grosskreutz arrow-ne1.png2 ---> 88

Roman Wiedenfeller arrow-ne1.png1 ---> 89

Radja Nainggolan arrow-ne1.png2 ---> 86

Giuseppe Biava arrow-ne1.png1 ---> 88

Jose Callejon arrow-ne1.png1 ---> 88

The only disaster came when Luca Toni dropped two, when I was praying - perhaps against my better judgement - that he would only drop one. Still, at a rating of 90, he shall prove useful to my side for the rest of the season, and he is still worth a fair bit to me at £7.5m. There was slight disappointment that Sebastian Prodl didn't rise, but I gather that he and Werder haven't exactly been lighting up Germany this season. Besides, stays for Dejan Stankovic and Daniel Cata Diaz made up for that loss.

NEW! Hartlepool 1st XI average = 90

NEW! Hartlepool 2nd XI average = 87**

* Have since left the club

** With the aid of two loan players, rated 88 & 85

Portsmouth narrowly beat Ashh's Bolton 2-1 to move up to 3rd. Like Adam has already mentioned, Bibi's Blackburn seem to be running away with the league with them being 9 points ahead of 2nd placed Spurs after only 10 games.:eek:

In relation to player changes, Mallorca full back, Garcia Kevin, moved up 5 to 82 today. On the down side, Kanoute changed from CF to fwd which means I only have one CF at present.

No...............

Sorry mate don't understand the sarcasm in this one please elaborate. :o

Villa then?

I thought it was Millwall or Bristol City, don't make it more confusing lol :P

Well anyway on the subject of footy ball Cardiff just about scrape a 2-1 win against Ipswich at home and now 1 point above the relegation zone. Very tight at the bottom though with just 3 points separating bottom 6.

Very good draw aganst a much superior Bradford 0-0

IVE got risers today!!!

Thomas pina 77- 80 worth 1.7 million pounds

sergio avarez 75 - 77 worth 1.0 million pounds

Nice boost to the team Im loving the challenge and ive got a big goal im working towards which I aim to achieve by the end of NEXT season :)

Hmmm' date=' now sitting on 8 points from 10. Disaster it is then![/quote']

It's early days yet Ed, everyone down the bottom is still in touch - perhaps with the exception of Ipswich, who i don't think will survive unless they have a change in management.

Today Fran Merida rose, adding to the rise of Lorenso Insigne. I'm happy with the rise to 84, but perhaps it could have been to 85 - 14 appearances in all at Atletico Madrid, 5 of which were starts and he has scored 2 goals. He's also had a positional change from CM/LM, to AM/Wing which to be honest helps as i've had a two players change from Wingers to CM's in Jack Wilshere and Craig Gardner recentley.

It's early days yet Ed' date=' everyone down the bottom is still in touch - perhaps with the exception of Ipswich, who i don't think will survive unless they have a change in management.

[/quote']

Yeah I know Sj, genuinely not panicked - my first 11 rose to average 90 today so am confident things will improve. I think I have been shown up tactically over the last fortnight or so so I need to personally raise my game - maybe back to back promotions got me a little complacent, thinking I had things sussed, an attitude that fails to acknowledge the wealth of management talent around in my fellow 5579ers. 'Tis a wake up call.

Also, sent you a PM bud.

Play Sheffield Wednesday this evening in a so called Friendly,which l must win to retain the pride of Sheffield against the enermy.Putting out a 88 rated team and hope we make the owls look foulish.:)

Come on the Blades,the only team in Sheffield all gate reciepts will go towards the Owls fund for buying rubbish foriegn imports.

Play Sheffield Wednesday this evening in a so called Friendly' date='which l must win to retain the pride of Sheffield against the enermy.Putting out a 88 rated team and hope we make the owls look foulish.:)

Come on the Blades,the only team in Sheffield all gate reciepts will go towards the Owls fund for buying rubbish foriegn imports.[/quote']

*yawn* all those words for nothing..

You can't retain what you don't have ;)