Guest Higgy

English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Play Sheffield Wednesday this evening in a so called Friendly' date='which l must win to retain the pride of Sheffield against the enermy.Putting out a 88 rated team and hope we make the owls look foulish.:)

Come on the Blades,the only team in Sheffield all gate reciepts will go towards the Owls fund for buying rubbish foriegn imports.[/quote']

Lost 2-1 to the enermy.only positive is Santa scored and pray he s found his scoring touch,but wont put money on it.Only one team in the steele city..

The offer for Rio FERDINAND of Real Madrid from Swansea City has been accepted along with other club offers. Real Madrid will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.
The offer for Rio FERDINAND has been withdrawn by Swansea City

It means he'll go to Everton, unless they withdraw the bid. My only hope was if Everton bid for straight cash, but they've offered P/E and i bid the CV of P/E so i wasn't going to get him. Got other targets in mind, and hopefully i have someone on his way in by tommorow.

Dominik SCHMIDT has completed his move to Sunderland from Werder Bremen for £490,000

Sinisa ANDJELKOVIC has completed his move to Sunderland from NK Maribor for £530,000

Very happy with these. Schmidt's been getting minutes as of late for a Bremen side that is underperforming massively. He's without a doubt been one of the players at Bremen that has actually been performing well. He's been getting minutes, as I've said, and the fact that Bremen's defence is caotic, to say the least, he might have earned himself a regular spot there.

Andjelkovic just got signed by Palermo from..... Maribor - the same team Ilicic and Bacinovic got signed from by Palermo. So I don't think I need to fill in more about this signing :D

Rio FERDINAND has completed his move to Everton from Real Madrid for £1,700,000 plus Arturo VIDAL

Now my starting team look like this:

Julio Cesar

Fucile Naldo Ferdinand Zanetti

Lampard Schweinsteiger

Ozil Robben

Suarez Forlan

After looking at the quality of sides I was up against in division 3 Oldham Athletic have a had a major re haul with the average rating increasing from 85 to 88 with the new signings.

Transfers Out

Massimo Volta - £6.4m

Micheal Mancienne - £5.7m

Bakary Sako - £7.7m

Steven Langil - £6.4m

Emidio Rafael - £3m

Yacine Brahimi - £6.5m

Sven Ulreich - £6.8m

Dwight Tiendalli - £6.9m

Transfers In

Andrea Coda - £5.8m - A safe and youngish 88 with a possibility of a rise providing Udinese do really well.

Odrej Mazuch - £5.5m - Surprised to get for no competition. 86 rated Czech International and regular for Anderlecht. Nailed on for a 87 at the least.

Yoann Gouffran - £6.2m - Not a very safe 88 but plan to get rid after his transfer ban expires. Till then should do a job.

Milos Ninkovic - £5.8m - Another safe 88. 2 88 rated wingers should hopefully prove to be a handful for the full backs in the league.

Alex Sandro - £3.5m - A little pricey but a very talented player whos looking at a smallish rise in the Brazilian changes. Again surprised to see no competition for him.

Ferreira Jussie - £5.8m - Again like his teammate Gouffran, his rating is not that safe but represents good value in the meantime.

Marco Storari - £3.4m - Incredibly cheap for a 88 rated goalie and had to beat off Exeter to sign him.

Danilo Silva - £5.7m - A regular for Dynamo Kyiv and will replace Tiendalli in my side. Still shocked Tiendally did not rise.

Still to get rid of a couple of players and on the look out for 2 new strikers as well. Overall well pleased to make a profit on the dealings above and still increase the quality.

I respect Matty, did well with being promoted and is doing well so far in Division One. All the best to him really, Swansea Jack needs to take a leaf out of his book, I cant belive that guy is still employed at the club.

You've got to love Bibi.

I respect Matty' date=' did well with being promoted and is doing well so far in Division One. All the best to him really, Swansea Jack needs to take a leaf out of his book, I cant belive that guy is still employed at the club.[/i']

You've got to love Bibi.

:P you've got think what (if anything) goes on his head ;)

Decsent 0-0 draw away to a very good Hull side average 91, only bad thing is I just noticed liturally everyone underneath and above me have won so I'll probably finish in the bottom 3.

At home to Derby next in what is a defo must win being in the posistion I'm in now.

Bradford beat top of the table Huddersfield 1-0' date=' this despite playing with 10 men for the last 23 minutes after Michael Pereira got sent off following a dangerous two-footed tackle.[/quote']

Good win Gary:)

What is it about this team? I win the first game in eight, and it comes at the cost of loosing both Carlos Cuellar & Ryan Giggs to injury adding to Jack Wilshere on the side lines. Giggs is out for five days (two/three matches), whilst Cuellar's out for ten days (four/five matches).

The replacements for these two aren't going to be weak though, Cuellar (89) will be replaced by Turner (88), although Giggs (93) might just have to be replaced with Kevin Doyle (87) unless i can do a bit of magic in the transfer market before Wednesday. It just weakens the strength of my cup team to play Crewe on Monday.

League Table Before:

12. Palace - 12 points

13. Derby - 12 points

14. Shrewsbury - 11 points

15. Cardiff - 10 points

16. Sheff. Utd - 9 points

17. Watford - 9 points

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

18. Swansea - 9 points

19. Brighton - 8 points

20. Ipswich - 7 points

League Table After:

12. Palace - 13 points

13. Sheffield Utd - 12 points

14. Watford - 12 points

15. Shrewsbury - 12 points

16. Derby - 12 points

17. Swansea - 12 points

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

18. Cardiff - 11 points

19. Brighton - 8 points

20. Ipswich - 7 points

Dissapointed to have only gone up the one position, but it's three points at the end of the day. But just looking how tight it is, with five teams on 12 points it just happens that i have the weakest goal difference, a good goal difference and i'd be up four places so i'm not bothered by that. Puts me five points off the bottom, and four points of Brighton so things are looking up, needing just to avoid defeat now at home to Middlesbrough and i'll have beaten my unbeaten record at Swansea.

Yeah good game Darlo I suppose all into consideration.

Were going through the annual sticky patch at the minute. Games which should be won are drawn, the games where I feel I could nick a point I lose.

But with Balotelli out injured, and a half hampered back line hopefully the end is in sight. It has to be if were to finish within the top 6, or 2.

Next up its no easier, Millwall at home. These are always tough matches.

But, when your in this league you know what your in for.

I was going to sell Matt Birghi once his TB was off but he's been tremendous for me this season. Got another man of the match tonight, along with a goal. As Tom said, The Lillywhites won a whopping 6-1! Cacau with 3 assists, really like him on SM. Yuri Zhirkov got a brace, Pizarro (delighted he socred) x1, Asamoah x1, Bradley x1, and as I said earlier - Brighi with one. 5th in the league with 20 ponts after 11 games, great start, halfway there to being fully safe in my view.

I was going to sell Matt Birghi once his TB was off but he's been tremendous for me this season. Got another man of the match tonight' date=' along with a goal. As Tom said, The Lillywhites won a whopping 6-1! [b']Cacau[/b] with 3 assists, really like him on SM. Yuri Zhirkov got a brace, Pizarro (delighted he socred) x1, Asamoah x1, Bradley x1, and as I said earlier - Brighi with one. 5th in the league with 20 ponts after 11 games, great start, halfway there to being fully safe in my view.

Little bonus

Your 4th not 5th I believe ;)

Divison 2 News Round Up

Game of the day: Sheffield United 4 - 1 Coventry City

Story of the day: Peterborough move up to 2nd and in the automatic promotion places!!!

At the top

1. Reading - 24 points

2. Peterborough - 21 points

- - - - - - - - - -

3. Hull - 20 points

4. Aston Villa - 20 points

5. Coventry - 18 points

6. Barnsley - 18 points

- - - - - - - - - -

7. Middlesbrough - 18 points

8. QPR - 17 points

Down the bottom