Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

lol noooo beat me to it.. im not a fan of yours today ed :(:D

Sorry buddy - try writing a poem or rap' date=' let me get you started:-

Boom Shack - a - lack,

I need a loan for attack,

Just missed out on DJ Campbell,

now I'm in front man hell.

:D

So, Ed's Brighton is struggling for points - his answer, a pretty poem .... and it seems to be working ;)

I aint struggling for points mate, merely I am collecting them a little later into the season this time round. :rolleyes:

Ofcourse! Ahh' date=' it all fits together now! :rolleyes:[/quote']

Ah, Cloughy's onto a great start then if that's his tactics. I mean look at Gillingham, you might think there struggling for points, but you'd be wrong, there just leaving it late so they don't peak early on ;)

Ah' date=' Cloughy's onto a great start then if that's his tactics. I mean look at Gillingham, you might think there struggling for points, but you'd be wrong, there just leaving it late so they don't peak early on ;)[/quote']

Don't worry about Mr Clough he's playing a tactical game, lose lots of games and achieve a goal difference of -53, then bounce back mid way through the season to take the league title and earn promotion!:)

Don't worry about Mr Clough he's playing a tactical game' date=' loose lots of games and achieve a goal difference of -53, then bounce back mid way through the season to take the league title and earn promotion!:)[/quote']
Ah' date=' Cloughy's onto a great start then if that's his tactics. I mean look at Gillingham, you might think there struggling for points, but you'd be wrong, there just leaving it late so they don't peak early on ;)[/quote']

Maybe I should try out his tactic of not selling players on the transfer list? Nah, I prefer Edds approach to SM. Its a cunning little tactic. No one would have thought of it!.. Well apart from Golden oldie.

My daggers lost 2-1 to Wycombe, well played :)

Then again i had no concern for the sheild and played a full reserve 11 so im not that fussed, all about the league for me this season B)

:eek:

Somehow beat a top Newcastle with not my best team.

2-0

Oh wait, before others point out. I have just realised that her team is NMF. B)

Anyway, hope other teams will thank me for knocking out 2 premiership sides out the shield cup! Chelsea aswell ;)

Birmingham destroy a hapless Ipswich 4-1 to earn a third round visit from Pats Pompey..NEXT UP a must win visit to Lille. Victory would still leave the Brummies relying on Everton doing the biz over Lazio if they are to progress in the SMFA Shield :eek:

Burton finally produce a good performance as we beat West Ham United at Upton Park,this was after a 1-1 draw and we won 3-0 on penalties,unfortunately our reward for that is a home tie to Manchester United so it doesn't look like we will be progressing any further.

Penalties to the rescue again, well it was Crewe's first team so it was always going to be difficult with my second string side. David Jones scored twice, and it was penalties to the rescue. Might have been easier had Michael Kightly not been sent off on 5 minutes, Chopra also adds to Wilshere, Giggs & Cuellar on the injury list but i'm not too concerned about that, anyway next round and what would you know ... it's Swansea - Cardiff (AGAIN).

Palace get thumped 3-1 by Peterborough. :o Well done Dan' date=' best of luck against Forest.[/quote']

Cheers Jooles.

So Peterborough go through into round three with a home tie against Nottingham Forest awaiting thanks to goals from Jake Livermore and a Jonathan Walters brace. A win would significantly help the club money wise but so would selling Fraizer Campbell or Jonathan Walters, but before that I have four crucial games against Hull, Derby, Middlesborough and QPR.

Well I tried to get myself knocked out but alas I get a narrow 1-0 win away do the Dons.

But what is liturally unbelievable is drawing Swansea away for the second time in domestic cup competition ! :eek: Last time I said I'd play a weakened side then played a strong one and still lost:rolleyes: so this time I swear I will defo play a weak one. :o Although it would be nice to give the fans something to smile about in these tough times.

Despite victory in Lille Birmingham crash out of the SMFA SHIELD as Lazio sneak a win over group winners Everton..gutted to be out, really needed the money.:mad:..still its my own fault I took my eye off the ball and now i pay the price :(

Portsmouth are knocked out of the SMFA Champions Cup after a 2-2 draw tonight with Lyon. The result means we finish 3rd in the group table.

Not a great year for English teams in the Champions Cup this season with Man Utd the only team progressing.:(

Sorry for in-activeness over the last two weeks lads. My internet has played up and I've had to re-install everything on my laptop along with vast amounts of essays for school, al having to be between 3 and 7 pages long..

The Jinx Inx Europa League M/R's will be back up and running form the next round onwards. Not much news from Preston over the last 7 days transfer wise either.

I change my tactics and manage to win the last game of the group stages against Bayern Leverkusen 5-1, but it was all too late i am out of the competition for another season.

Not much luck for Pompey or Man City who also got booted out, the only British club to get through was United who topped their group after a 1-0 win against Milan:rolleyes:

As a result of forgetting to field up my second team during Shield game this past Monday, I now have to field them against the, in my opinion, perhaps best team in the setup, Liverpool :(

I was already expecting zero points from this game, but now, I am wishing to not concede ridicolous amount of goals...