English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

That was the aim' date=' but Jooles foiled my plans immediately, the swine!

It'll be the former. I'm unbeaten in about 13 games with these tactics - I see no reason to change them now. :)[/quote']

Not to mention your GC100 Barca is in love with them too. Be interesting to see how this works out...

Good luck in tonights final' date='andy and jooles you ve both done well to get this far and are both winners in your own right,whatever the scoreline.[/quote']

Cheers Brian, good of you to say mate. :)

• Replies 38.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swanseajack

• Matty_avfc

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread Can you help poor Kieran? Kieran Westwood - Goalkeeper - Aged 26 - Rated 85 This is Keiran, he likes sunny days, cold milk and fresh cookies.

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread Building on Ed's work and in contrast to SJ's predictions ('cos I agree with you Ed' date=' many do seem to be writing off the new boys, with no rea

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread hang on fellas........... First.... Then.... A quick.... Remember to... Then grab some.... And a.... Into position...... ......

I've found recently that the tactics (not necessarily formation) seem to have become a lot more important. As much as this means I'm guessing a lot of the time, I'm glad that a strong 352/4231/whatever formation's decent at the time isn't necessarily enough to win you a game.

You have been doing your homework! :eek: Slowly becoming my favourite formation since the power of 3-5-2 seems to be dying somewhat.

I thought it would be rude not too. I'm never 100% certain how things work out against the christmas tree. It seems that sometimes a certain formation can destory it' date=' then other times the same formation falls flat. Haven't quite figured out why yet...

I've found recently that the tactics (not necessarily formation) seem to have become a lot more important. As much as this means I'm guessing a lot of the time, I'm glad that a strong 352/4231/whatever formation's decent at the time isn't necessarily enough to win you a game.

But yeah, this. I think the answer comes from the interplay between formation and the other tactics. :)

Bristol City are in financial trouble and may need to part with a star in order to avoid administration

michael_conners_from_morguefiledotcom_s.jpg

You have been doing your homework! :eek: Slowly becoming my favourite formation since the power of 3-5-2 seems to be dying somewhat.

Tried the 4231 in this setup, didn't really seem to work particularly well though and quickly resorted to a 4132 which has been getting better results for me recentley. Generally i find my midfield works better when it's more compact, but i have got a formation up my sleave if i fail to get back to winning ways very soon.

Think Tom predicted it spot on.

Hartlepool United 0 - 1 Crystal Palace

David Navarro's first half goal was one of few chances for Palace, but it was the only goal of the game as Palace come to glory. Fair play, think that although the stats didn't go there way they put out there first team unlike Hartlepool and maybe but more concetration towards the competition.

Comiserations to Andy though, could easily have won the cup but congrats to Jooles :)

Ah, unlucky Andy, well played and best of luck to you in the promotion push.

We set our stall out to counter the trademark arrows down the wing, control the game and push slowly through the middle. With 60% possession I'd say we did a good job of doing that, though really with the shot count it could have gone either way.

Champions! :D Now let's set our sights on the double! :rolleyes: (though we'll take promotion of any kind)

Think Tom predicted it spot on.

Hartlepool United 0 - 1 Crystal Palace

David Navarro's first half goal was one of few chances for Palace' date=' but it was the only goal of the game as Palace come to glory. Fair play, think that although the stats didn't go there way they put out there first team unlike Hartlepool and maybe but more concetration towards the competition.

Comiserations to Andy though, could easily have won the cup but congrats to Jooles :)[/quote']

Congratulations Jooles. Andy' date=' next season, buddy. ;)[/quote']

Thanks lads, good of you to say so. :)

I thought it would be rude not too. I'm never 100% certain how things work out against the christmas tree. It seems that sometimes a certain formation can destory it' date=' then other times the same formation falls flat. Haven't quite figured out why yet...

But yeah, this. I think the answer comes from the interplay between formation and the other tactics. :)[/quote']

The formation is important ......The instructions are vital ;)

Congrats Jooles.....Hard luck Andy

Well done lads on the cup final - congratulations Jooles, you’re having a great, great season and this is really the icing on the cake. Says something that whomever you’re up against next in the league seems to not want to play you at the minute - fear factor possibly?

Well done again and I guess there’s a new name on the cup so that means a renaming of the competition itself? The Crown Jooles Cup anyone? :D

Commiserations Andy, you did magnificently well to reach the final and maintain a league presence for a side with limited incomes and a fairly low attendance/capacity. You too are having a great season, can’t wait to lock horns with you again; however I need to maintain my Championship status and see you come up or, well the other possibility isn’t worth thinking about! Congrats on the final appearance all the same. :)

On another note entirely, looks like another target is gonna slip me by and a possible bidding war explode imminently – don’t you hate being just a few quid short of making a competitive bid? :(

Well done last night Jooles, I shall not complain about the result as it was a close match. You won the battle of possession, but we missed several chances - c'est la vie. I do wonder what would have happened if my first XI had taken the field and not my reserves. But so long as I get a win against Jenks on Wednesday, I will be content with the final defeat.

Thanks for all the comisertory messages. :)

An old friend returns...

.cLiCk joins Tranmere

(he was the Shorpe manager right at the very start!)

He also played Shorpe's reserve goalkeeper on several occasions as a substitute upfront, making them somewhat the laughing stock of Division 2 back in Season 1.

But that was like a year ago :)

The deal reported to be worth £6,000,000 involving Joleon LESCOTT of Real Madrid and Peterborough United has been accepted along with offers from other clubs. Real Madrid will now make a decision which club to complete the deal with shortly.
The offer for Joleon LESCOTT of Real Madrid from Crystal Palace has been accepted along with other club offers. Real Madrid will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

My deal was £2.0M + Aleandro ROSI (valued at my club at 5M) so here's hoping he's heading my way. Either way he's a steal, especially seeing as all of these clubs had him on their shortlist:

Sheffield United. Wolverhampton Wanderers. Fulham. Birmingham City. Bury. Manchester United. Coventry City. Liverpool. Peterborough United. Southend United. Hartlepool United. Torquay United. Brighton and Hove Albion. Crystal Palace. :eek:

I can't believe no-one else stuck a bid in for him. :)

My deal was £2.0M + Aleandro ROSI (valued at my club at 5M) so here's hoping he's heading my way. Either way he's a steal' date=' especially seeing as all of these clubs had him on their shortlist:

Sheffield United. Wolverhampton Wanderers. Fulham. Birmingham City. Bury. Manchester United. Coventry City. Liverpool. Peterborough United. Southend United. Hartlepool United. Torquay United. Brighton and Hove Albion. Crystal Palace. :eek:

I can't believe no-one else stuck a bid in for him. :)[/quote']

Was not even on my shortlist........don't rate him....championship player in my opinion(In RL).......but on SM a good player:)

My deal was £2.0M + Aleandro ROSI (valued at my club at 5M) so here's hoping he's heading my way. Either way he's a steal' date=' especially seeing as all of these clubs had him on their shortlist:

I can't believe no-one else stuck a bid in for him. :)[/quote']

I was tempted but im trying to save my cash for 2 players who come off T/B very soon, Anyway nice signing and if it doesnt work out you'll make a profit.

Cracking work matey :D repped!

Thanks Shack, Appreciate it.