English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Seem to have found a nice formation for myself, dominated what was a tough game away to a Middlesbrough side who up untill recentley were in the play-offs and i managed to dominate the game and more specifically possesion.

Forgot to change the captaincy when changing the formation so Jack Wilshere by chance gets the captaincy, and then somehow manages to treble his league goal tally for the season with a brace to help Swansea to a 2-1 victory. Considering the circumstances i'm absoloutly chuffed, it was always going to be a tough game and without Djibril Cisse i was a bit worried but Wilshere has showed me tonight why i've been selecting him frequently.

In terms of league position, frustratingly enough i stay 7th and outside the play-offs despite only goal difference seperating me before tonight's fixtures. But i do gain a point on 5th spot, aswell as gaining 3 points on 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th :)

Aside from Swansea, in terms of the league tonight proved to be a very interesting night. The main games included Crystal Palace losing to Coventry City at home, against the odds whilst Brighton & Hove Albion not only beat Ipswich in the crucial game at the bottom of the table but they thumped them 4-1 away from home.

Tonight's scores (my prediction)

Hull City 2 - 0 Peterborough United (Prediction: 2-0)

Queens Park Rangers 2 - 3 Reading (Prediction: 1-2)

Aston Villa 2 - 0 Shrewsbury Town (Prediction: 3-0)

Crystal Palace 1 - 2 Coventry City (Prediction: 3-2)

Barnsley 0 - 2 Wolverhampton Wanderers (Prediction: 0-2)

Middlesbrough 1 - 2 Swansea City (Prediction: 1-2)

Derby County 2 - 5 Cardiff City (Prediction: 1-3)

Millwall 2 - 0 Bristol City (Prediction: 1-0)

Sheffield United 0 - 1 Watford (Prediction: 2-2)

Ipswich Town 1 - 4 Brighton & Hove Albion (Prediction: 0-2)

Correct scores: 2/10

Correct verdicts: 8/10

Incorrect verdicts: 2/10

• Replies 38.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swanseajack

• Matty_avfc

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread Can you help poor Kieran? Kieran Westwood - Goalkeeper - Aged 26 - Rated 85 This is Keiran, he likes sunny days, cold milk and fresh cookies.

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread Building on Ed's work and in contrast to SJ's predictions ('cos I agree with you Ed' date=' many do seem to be writing off the new boys, with no rea

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread hang on fellas........... First.... Then.... A quick.... Remember to... Then grab some.... And a.... Into position...... ......

Bury 0-2 Daggers

After a loss and a draw it was important to get back to winning ways tonight and i did :) A proabaly undeserved victory for my side based on the stats but the big men Johnson and Carew popping up with the goals to seal me all 3 points. Was essential with Southend picking up a win aswell, nice to see Hartlepool slip up with a draw aswell.

Me and Southend got ourselves a 3 point gap at the top now comming into the final run of games :D

Southend beat Bristol Rovers 3-0 thanks to goals from Canales, Barnetta and Granero :) It was important to get back to winning ways after 2 successive defeats and no wins in 3.

Me and Southend got ourselves a nice 4 point gap at the top now comming into the final run of games :D

Unfortunately it's only a 3 point gap, can't forget about Oldham :eek:

Southend beat Bristol Rovers 3-0 thanks to goals from Canales' date=' Barnetta and Granero :) It was important to get back to winning ways after 2 successive defeats and no wins in 3.

[b']Unfortunately it's only a 3 point gap, can't forget about Oldham[/b] :eek:

Just edited my post before you said that :P forgot about those sneaky buggers! :D

Hull 2 Peterborough 0

10 shots, all on target and none of which go in. While Hull have 8 shots, and the 2 that hit the target are the only two which go in. Frustrating to say the least. Thankfully stay in 9th place with Shrewsbury losing 2-0 to Villa but the gap between Peterborough and the play-offs now increases.

Portsmouth in the cup final on Monday. :D:D:D

Hull 2 Peterborough 0

10 shots' date=' all on target and none of which go in. While Hull have 8 shots, and the 2 that hit the target are the only two which go in. Frustrating to say the least. Thankfully stay in 9th place with Shrewsbury losing 2-0 to Villa but the gap between Peterborough and the play-offs now increases.

Portsmouth in the cup final on Monday. :D:D:D[/quote']

Yeah I noticed that Dan.......Only 2 shots

Felt I got that tactics right for your formation an I see we both changed things as the game went on.......Good game fella

Hull Stay top.......Looking very interesting in division2 at the moment.........Think its gonna be one hell of a final few games:D

Yeah I noticed that Dan.......Only 2 shots

Felt I got that tactics right for your formation an I see we both changed things as the game went on.......Good game fella

Hull Stay top.......Looking very interesting in division2 at the moment.........Think its gonna be one hell of a final few games:D

And a funeral to attend after it all

A 4-3 thriller against Fulham is enough to slip West Ham United into the top four for the first time this season at Manchester City's expense. The race for top four is still tight however, and manager Alun Davies laughed off claims that they could be making a late attempt at the title in his post-match interview. "The points difference is too large and the games left to close it too few. We have some very challenging matches left to play this season so if we end the season in the position we are now, I'll be thrilled and it will have been as good of a first season as I could have hoped for."

Lost 3-2 to Northampton. 2 points off 7th now :( But up against Gillingham next match which should be a very easy win :D

Just saw this post and boy am I happy. Beat a top manager and beat my ex club. That makes it 2 wins from my first 2 games which I'm happy about. That very vital win moves Northampton up to 4th in Div 4. 3 points behind Burton so it's not that bad. Face Notts away on Wednesday which imo is a easy tie worthy of us bringing home another 3 points.

Transfer news: Northampton should be bringing in a certain player tommorrow if everything goes to plan and noticably there are alot of people interested in Negredo and I've offered him out to many teams but I want to make this clear. Negredo is now unavailable. Scoring twice today brings his scoring tally up to 15 and I don't want the risk of my promotion hopes being shattered with his departure.

This 36 million could now come in handy ;).

Haha, i'm not too bothered if i don't get the one you know i'm on about. Really like him as a player but my bid isn't as good as it could be really, and i'm not going to fully commit to it, mind you expect more competition as i'm sure when a couple of people see there's bids on him they may well chuck an offer in.

I'm just hoping that i get one in by the end of the weekend, bids on a few players from external clubs and expecting competition on all of them, although i'm not desperate for the player you've bid on and i certainly need a specific position a lot more. But i would be very pleased if i do get him :)

Haha' date=' i'm not too bothered if i don't get the one you know i'm on about. Really like him as a player but my bid isn't as good as it could be really, and i'm not going to fully commit to it, mind you expect more competition as i'm sure when a couple of people see there's bids on him they may well chuck an offer in.

I'm just hoping that i get one in by the end of the weekend, bids on a few players from external clubs and expecting competition on all of them, although i'm not desperate for the player you've bid on and i certainly need a specific position a lot more. But i would be very pleased if i do get him :)[/quote']

I'm probably over paying but as long as i save some cash for another player im not too bothered, Also it's getting harder to get players at external for cash so you have to be prepared too overpay a little.

I can't bid for him if it is who I think it is:mad: I can only afford to do a P/E deal and the other teams chairman wants more than my chairman will allow me to offer.

I would say i'm disappointed but im really not :P.

I really cant decide what to offer, I've withdrew 3 time's now.