• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swanseajack

• Matty_avfc

• koplfc

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread Can you help poor Kieran? Kieran Westwood - Goalkeeper - Aged 26 - Rated 85 This is Keiran, he likes sunny days, cold milk and fresh cookies.

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread Building on Ed's work and in contrast to SJ's predictions ('cos I agree with you Ed' date=' many do seem to be writing off the new boys, with no rea

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread hang on fellas........... First.... Then.... A quick.... Remember to... Then grab some.... And a.... Into position...... ......

Re: English Championship 5579 - Discussion Thread

Villa didnt sign Cleverly in the end. Bit disappointed as I thought my offer was quite high. Got someone else on my radar, but the chances of me getting him are low.

In other news, my youth squads beefing up. After a quick check, it looks like I have signed plenty of Manchester United youngsters. Anyone in my youth squad can go out on loan.There are 86's and 87's in there.

Villa didnt sign Cleverly in the end. Bit disappointed as I thought my offer was quite high. Got someone else on my radar' date=' but the chances of me getting him are low.

In other news, my youth squads beefing up. After a quick check, it looks like I have signed plenty of Manchester United youngsters. Anyone in my youth squad can go out on loan.There are 86's and 87's in there.[/quote']

You can be counted unlucky not to get him, i didn't expect to get him at all and he went to Hereford. So well done on signing him and i suppose he's more likely to get gametime than if he was in Division 2.

The offer for Marco MOTTA of Dynamo Moskva from Swansea City has been accepted along with other club offers. Dynamo Moskva will now decide which offer to proceed with. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

In the third bidding way from externals, i was battling it out with Sheffield United to try and sign Marco Motta. I'm in desperate need of a strong right-back, as Aaron Hughes just doesn't do it for me and i'm hoping that i've signed him. Out of Cleverley, Reyes and Motta he's the player i need the most in my team so i really hope i get him but low p/e value from Aaron Hughes didn't help my cause at all.

Sheffield United: £1.5m & Tony Hibbert

Swansea City: £250k & Aaron Hughes

Thanks to the low external value from Aaron Hughes, i've realised that to beat my bid Tony Hibbert has to be worth £5.75 million in part exchange, and i'm starting to think he's worth more than that. :o

Division 1

Birmingham City | Longnose

Everton | Fercasti

West Ham United | Destine

Tottenham Hotspur | bcfc12345

Arsenal | California

Manchester City | Adam D

Blackburn Rovers | bibi

Liverpool | bail

Bolton Wanderers | ashh

Portsmouth | 374

Manchester United | AzRule

Fulham | ScoutMaker

Burnley | Legendary_Manager

Preston North End | Rob Walshe

Sunderland | Pazzano

Blackpool | Doru

LEICESTER CITY | Matty-Avfc

Chelsea

Wigan Athletic |

Newcastle United - Femme Fatalie

Division 2

Millwall | Liverpool_Rule

Cardiff City | DudeSkin

Hull City | Lenny

Crystal Palace | Jooles

Coventry City | Rick James

Bristol City | Tom_MFC

Reading | Villa

Barnsley | Mr Hammer

Middlesbrough

Watford | ► Real Khai ◄

Peterborough United | Koplfc

Wolverhampton Wanderers |

Swansea City | SwanseaJack

Shrewsbury Town | JinxMillion

Sheffield United | Biran Sandalls

Aston Villa | Darlo FC

Queens Park Rangers | Charlize

Ipswich Town | Biffy Clarke

Brighton and Hove Albion | EdMoses

Derby County

Division 3

Sheffield Wednesday | Nikidinho

Hartlepool United | Andyowls

Tranmere Rovers | Click.

Norwich City |

Plymouth Argyle | SoP

West Bromwich Albion | Federico Macheda

Dagenham & Redbridge | shack

Bury

Oldham Athletic | REDDEVILFC

Southend United | jenks

Wycombe Wanderers | TERENCE GRIFFIN

Stoke City |

Nottingham Forest | Machine

Colchester United |

Charlton Athletic | Gozzy

Doncaster Rovers | Mattygcfc

Milton Keynes Dons | Craig

Bristol Rovers | Gadga

Shorpe United |

Southampton | Synster

Division 4

Huddersfield Town

Brentford

Northampton Town | Dale147

Leyton Orient | thedufferman

Exeter City | 3lton

Barnet |

Yeovil Town |

Crewe Alexandra | Daft Punk

Carlisle United |

Walsall | Becky B

Swindon Town | Nakamama

Torquay United | Dom Latouche

Bradford City | Gary Townsend

Notts County | mister malcom

Leeds United | mark hughes

Burton Albion | ToonFanForLife

Stockport County | 1CapWonder

Rochdale |

Gillingham

Hereford United | Wesley Sneijder

Anyone fancy helping me up date this' date=' If you can see any mistakes tell me and ill change it.[/quote']

Added myself

With Doncaster now dropping into negative funds and unless a miracle happens' date=' Doncaster will be relegated this season.

No matter what happens, I will be leaving Doncaster at the end of the season. I see why they call it the cursed club and have tried my best to do good with it. But with Relegation looming it is now near impossible to survive. But whether I do or not I will be leaving and it may be a while before I consider rejoining the setup. I wish everyone the best of luck, especially anybody with the skill to get Doncaster back up into Div 3 and even into Div 2. Ive made a few contributions to the setup, the Hall of Fame badge being the main one. But Doncaster are not my type of club, if there is one and I will leave at the end of the season.[/quote']

Decided to have a change of heart regarding my last post. I think Div 4 will be that start of something new and bright.

Decided to have a change of heart regarding my last post. I think Div 4 will be that start of something new and bright.

Good to here

The deal involving Sheffield United and Marcel SCHAFER of VfL Wolfsburg has been turned down. VfL Wolfsburg have decided to proceed with another offer.

90% sure l had the highest bid:(

But i'm now more or less 100% sure that Marco Motta will join you, meaning that i'll have missed out on all three of my targets. Really need a right-back though, shame it's highly unlikely to be a good one.

Jose Antonio Reyes has joined Leicester, i'm not suprised at all, i was convinced he was going to Leicester and i think Matty will feel he has overpayed for him. About £4 million over what i'd have paid for him, and what i did bid for him.

Might have to go for a cheap right-back who i don't really like, but to be honest i might just have to stick with Aaron Hughes who hasn't played badly all the time and i could give Kevin Foley a game. Also got some big transfer bans coming off in four days time and i might beable to get one of my two targets for that day.

My squad is to small :mad:

Gomes

Cudicini

Ansaldi

Assou-Ekotto

Naughton

John Terry

Mexes

Bassong

Bale

Modric

Milner

Palacious

Kranjcar

Lennon

Ibrahimovic

Eto'o

Saviola

Need some extra defenders but no one is responding to my Transfers. Was trying to get Ivanovic even though manager been online today.

Reyes was my number one target,but went with Podoski in the end,glad l did wouldnt have liked to have bidded against Matt,he always gets his man.

Motta does look likely to be coming into Bramall lane for Hibbert.

Lost out on Schaffer,but still have Konchesky ,for now.he will be leaving tho in one way or the other with Ridgwell staying.

Still after a Striker,DM,LB if anyone want a good price or pos part ec please let me know..

just had a bid accepted for Charlie Adam at c.v in ec 7046 :)

Added myself

Nice to hear Matty :).....

Also Lads, Andy has changed the list of forumers on the first post so the list is up dated (cheers Andy)

But can we make the last few amendments to this list or is it all upto date now.

Division 1

Birmingham City | Longnose

Everton | Fercasti

West Ham United | Destine

Tottenham Hotspur | bcfc12345

Arsenal | California

Manchester City | Adam D

Blackburn Rovers | bibi

Liverpool | bail

Bolton Wanderers | ashh

Portsmouth | 374

Manchester United | AzRule

Fulham |

Burnley | Legendary_Manager

Preston North End | Rob Walshe

Sunderland | Pazzano

Blackpool | Doru

LEICESTER CITY | Matty-Avfc

Chelsea

Wigan Athletic |

Newcastle United - Femme Fatalie

Division 2

Millwall | Liverpool_Rule

Cardiff City | DudeSkin

Hull City | Lenny

Crystal Palace | Jooles

Coventry City | Rick James

Bristol City | Tom_MFC

Reading | Villa

Barnsley | Mr Hammer

Middlesbrough

Watford | ► Real Khai ◄

Peterborough United | Koplfc

Wolverhampton Wanderers |

Swansea City | SwanseaJack

Shrewsbury Town | JinxMillion

Sheffield United | Biran Sandalls

Aston Villa | Darlo FC

Queens Park Rangers | Charlize

Ipswich Town | Biffy Clarke

Brighton and Hove Albion | EdMoses

Derby County

Division 3

Sheffield Wednesday | Nikidinho

Hartlepool United | Andyowls

Tranmere Rovers | Click.

Norwich City |

Plymouth Argyle | SoP

West Bromwich Albion | Federico Macheda

Dagenham & Redbridge | shack

Bury

Oldham Athletic | REDDEVILFC

Southend United | jenks

Wycombe Wanderers | TERENCE GRIFFIN

Stoke City |

Nottingham Forest | Machine

Colchester United |

Charlton Athletic | Gozzy

Doncaster Rovers | Mattygcfc

Milton Keynes Dons | Craig

Bristol Rovers | Gadga

Shorpe United |

Southampton | Synyster

Division 4

Huddersfield Town

Brentford

Northampton Town | Dale147

Leyton Orient | thedufferman

Exeter City | 3lton

Barnet |

Yeovil Town |

Crewe Alexandra | Daft Punk

Carlisle United |

Walsall | Becky B

Swindon Town | Nakamama

Torquay United | Dom Latouche

Bradford City | Gary Townsend

Notts County | mister malcom

Leeds United | mark hughes

Burton Albion | ToonFanForLife

Stockport County | 1CapWonder

Rochdale |

Gillingham

Hereford United | Wesley Sneijder

3 consecutive wins, 8 goals scored only 2 conceded – beaten high flying Villa, playoff contenders Millwall and fellow relegation battlers Ipswich.

But what’s this coming over the hill? No, it’s not a monster its top of the league Hull.

A win for Brighton would throw this league wide open to the likes of Coventry and Palace. (not that there by anymeans out of the title race as its sits right now)

More importantly for me it could see me move 8 points clear of the relegation spots (which seemed massively unlikely a week ago!), in fact I would be almost as close to the playoff spots as I would be to the rele’s. In reality a top 10 finish would be like Tony the Tiger….gggggrrrrrrreat.

3 consecutive wins' date=' 8 goals scored only 2 conceded – beaten high flying Villa, playoff contenders Millwall and fellow relegation battlers Ipswich.

But what’s this coming over the hill? No, it’s not a monster its top of the league Hull.

A win for Brighton would throw this league wide open to the likes of Coventry and Palace. (not that there by anymeans out of the title race as its sits right now)

More importantly for me it could see me move 8 points clear of the relegation spots (which seemed massively unlikely a week ago!), in fact I would be almost as close to the playoff spots as I would be to the rele’s. In reality a top 10 finish would be like Tony the Tiger….gggggrrrrrrreat.[/quote']

I wouldn't be dreaming of the play-offs/top 10 yet, three games ago you'd have grabbed 17th if it was offered to you. B)

After completing the signing of Reyes i actually have no idea where he's going to fit in.

I only play one upfront and hulk's been doing too good to drop, MY reserve striker Brandao has been in the goals and im considering starting him in my next game and Cani has been a revelation since signing.

Decent back up for a while i guess.

Sorry Aiden

Marco MOTTA has completed his move to Sheffield United from Dynamo Moskva for £1,500,000 plus Tony HIBBERT . All other offers were turned down.

Been looking for a more youthfull RB for a time so basically swapped a 30 year old(hibbert) for a 24 year old Motta who is 88 rather than hibbert 87.

Motta valued at 8m where Hibbert was 4m. so paid 5.5m for a 8m plus player,based on c.v not external prices.

Sorry Aiden

Marco MOTTA has completed his move to Sheffield United from Dynamo Moskva for £1' date='500,000 plus Tony HIBBERT . All other offers were turned down.

Been looking for a more youthfull RB for a time so basically swapped a 30 year old(hibbert) for a 24 year old Motta who is 88 rather than hibbert 87.

Motta valued at 8m where Hibbert was 4m. so paid 5.5m for a 8m plus player,based on c.v not external prices.[/quote']

Good deal for you, i've got some 88's valued externally at like £10-12 million and then Hughes external value is £7 million which never helped my case. I knew he was yours though, as my bid was poor but i couldn't really do much more and feel like i was getting a good deal - whilst beating you to signing him.

I wouldn't be dreaming of the play-offs/top 10 yet' date=' three games ago you'd have grabbed 17th if it was offered to you. B)[/quote']

A top ten was my aim from the start of the season. However unlikely, I aint gonna change that target now my friend.

Your right though I was dead and buried a week ago - how fickle! I thought I was done but kept plugging away, why shouldn’t I know be confident given my current form?

Remaining seven games:-

Home vs Hull City (1st)

Away vs Derby County (18th)

Home vs Middlesbrough (8th)

Away vs Queens Park Rangers (13th)

Home vs Barnsley (17th)

Away vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (6th)

Home vs Reading (3rd)

A top ten is massively unlikely, but until I can mathematically no longer achieve it (7pts away with 21 to play for) I can’t see any reason not to aim for it. (you haven’t given up on fourth have you SJ?)

Like making love to a pencil sharpener – its gonna be a lethal climax!

The offer for Lee CATTERMOLE of Swansea City from Sheffield United has been accepted. The transfer will be completed within the next 24 hours.

Bringing him in a deal swap deal involving Ireland and philips.I am slightly up on the deal money wise,but buy bringing in Cattermole l can sell reo coker and keep that cash.Sad l had to include young philips,but its was a sweetner and l ll find myself another jem.

Cattermole is currently injured,but l m hoping that its short term problem.if he was fit and doing well,aiden proberly would have had more interest from you all.so it s a good time to buy him.

Ireland and Cattermole are both gambles l guess,but a gamble l am happy to make and take my chances.been a fan of Cattermole for a while and he will be back up to Balmont in the DM role.

A top ten was my aim from the start of the season. However unlikely' date=' I aint gonna change that target now my friend.

Your right though I was dead and buried a week ago - how fickle! I thought I was done but kept plugging away, why shouldn’t I know be confident given my current form?

Remaining seven games:-

Home vs Hull City (1st)

Away vs Derby County (18th)

Home vs Middlesbrough (8th)

Away vs Queens Park Rangers (13th)

Home vs Barnsley (17th)

Away vs Wolverhampton Wanderers (6th)

Home vs Reading (3rd)

[b']A top ten is massively unlikely, but until I can mathematically no longer achieve it (7pts away with 21 to play for) I can’t see any reason not to aim for it. (you haven’t given up on fourth have you SJ?)[/b]

Like making love to a pencil sharpener – its gonna be a lethal climax!

I haven't given up on fourth, just like you shouldn't give up on a top ten finish, but i'm not aiming for fourth. I'm aiming for sixth, only goal difference seperates my from that but i now that i need to win a lot of my remaining games to get into the play-offs.

To be honest though, i can't see myself going down, so the only minimum i've got to guarentee is that top 10 finish, i don't want to finish what has been a pretty good season in the bottom half of the table.

Oh and finally a deal has been confirmed between Swansea and Sheffield United over Lee Cattermole. Cattermole will leave for £8.9 million whilst Steven Ireland will join for £7.8 million and Matt Phillips will join for £1.7 million in return.

I haven't given up on fourth' date=' just like you shouldn't give up on a top ten finish, but i'm not aiming for fourth. I'm aiming for sixth, only goal difference seperates my from that but i now that i need to win a lot of my remaining games to get into the play-offs.[/quote']

Interesting.

I will be setting my stall out for every game to win it - take Hull for example. I aint gonna set up to kill the game and hope for a point. I am gonna go for the win regardless and I if I get battered so be it.

Basically I am looking to win all of my remaining games, highly unlikely I know but that has to be my aim. Therefore I cant aim at anything less than a top 10 finish.

Some will say I am being unrealistic but I didnt sign up to play the averages - its all or nothing! :D

Interesting.

I will be setting my stall out for every game to win it - take Hull for example. I aint gonna set up to kill the game and hope for a point. I am gonna go for the win regardless and I if I get battered so be it.

Basically I am looking to win all of my remaining games' date=' highly unlikely I know but that has to be my aim. Therefore I cant aim at anything less than a top 10 finish.

Some will say I am being unrealistic but I didnt sign up to play the averages - its all or nothing! :D[/quote']

I dont blame you for going for a top 10 finish, If it's mathematically possible you may aswell aim for it.

Im still hoping for a finish that would see me get in europe, It's highly unlikely but its still my aim.

and Ed that pencil sharpener analogy made me cringe a little.