English Championship 5579 -Match Report/Transfer Gossip Thread

Guest Higgy

Congrats for Everyone for getting their teams, lets keep the other thread for Discussion and this one Only for MR's and transfer Gossip.. There are 22+ Forumers on here so lets get this thread as active as possible!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: English Championship 5579 -Match Report/transfer Gossip Thread

150808SSlogo450200.jpg

85_1193758928.gif

Ahmed Gharib Appointed as new West Ham United Manager

C_3_Media_816496_immagine_l.jpg

The experienced tactician has set his aims high..

West Ham United Turkish/Egyptian tactician as new Manager

West Ham United today announced on their Official Website that experienced tactician Ahmed Gharib, has been appointed as the new manager. West Ham United's Chairman said that he is delighted with the appointment and looks forward to the new season.

Many excited fans turned up at the Upton Park Stadium to find out who their new manager was, despite the freezing temperatures and thick snow. Ahmed Gharib was Interviewed shortly after the Presentation, were he made it clear that he aims to get West Ham United in the top four 'were they belong' but he admitted that this will be 'a difficult task'.

C_3_Media_525531_immagine_det.jpg

1.gif

Gharib Has also been appointed as the English National Team Manager. And he has made it clear that he will pick players for the National team based on their form and not their reputation

English Championship 5579 News

09 January 2010

Spurs Get New Manager

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club today anounced that they have a new manager in the name of Tom Tamburro. Spurs were founded in 1882 and play their home games at White Hart Lane in London. The Tottenham Hotpur chairman Daniel Levy announced to 'The Sun' newspaper that thier new manager Tom Tamburro will lead them to sucess. Tom Tamburro, the new Manager of Tottenham Hotspur said "I will lead the club too sucess. I will be bringing in new players to help suceed this dream of becoming champions of England"

DanielLevyL_228x269.jpg

Daniel Levy - New Chairman

Birmingham Employ Scouse Tactician

Birmingham_City_FC_logo.png

Alex Mcleish today parted company with Birmingham city due to 'family reasons'. The former Rangers and Scotland manager left his post at St Andrews earlier today but chairman Carson Yeung acted quickly in finding his replacement. Mcleish's replacement was a 15 year old boy from Liverpool called Adam Devitt. This is the young managers first ever job as a manager and many people were suprised when Chairman Yeung appointed Devitt. Yeung said ''I considered many people for the job but found that Mr Devitt would be the right man for the job.''

Devitt, a boyhood evertonian said '' I am delighted that the chairman appointing me as manager as it has always been my dream to become a professional manager and now it has come true.'' He also said that he would be spending all the £20m transfer budget on players he belives will make the squad better on the whole. He also put the whole birmingham first team up for sale apart from Joe Hart so he could create a whole new squad full of players he likes.

When asked where do you expect Birmingham to finish this season he replied "I expect my team to finish in the top half of the table, and then next year in the top 4." Birmingham fans are praying that his predictions come true but all they can just do know is wait and see what drama's unfold over the next couple of days.

Duffy Appointed At Bolton

Inexpierenced English manager Ashley Duffy has today been appointed manager of premiership team Bolton Wanderers.

Bolton who had been looking for a new manager since previous boss Gary Megson was fired. Have come out saying " We have belief in Ashley's ability he is a great young coach who had caught the eye of many other team in englands lower divisions, but we think he is ready for this division.

Transfer Listed

Bogdan - £10k

Basham - £1.5 million

tu - £4.0 million

Vaz Te - £2.0 million

Harsanyi - £750k

Ashley had this to say:

"The club has given me a fantastic oppurtunity and i want to repay them with a long term comitment and maybe in the future some succsess. I have big ideas for this club and i hope they can be achived"

Some Roumered Targets

Adebayor

Tevez

Kjaer

Kallstrom

Times.jpg

Portsmouth Name New Boss

portsmouth-FC.jpg

Earlier this evening Portsmouth FC announced that Patrick Coll would be taking over from Avaram Grant, as manager of the club, with immediate effect. This is only one of many changes in the English managerial world in the last 24 hours and while other new coaches appear confident of being able to bring instant success to the club Coll seems to have a more pessimistic approach.

At the press conference where he was unveiled to the public Coll gave this statement:

I am very happy to be given the chance to manage a club in the best league in the world. The fans here are great and hopefully we can have a long and happy relationship. However, followers of the club need to be aware that in the recent past the club has been punching far above its weight and overspent unesscessarily. This season I think the realistic target is to avoid relegation, get a good run in one or both of the cups and start to develop a young squad for the future. As the saying goes "Rome wasn't built in a day"

2rqg96p.jpg

Leicester appoint experienced humphries

330yd8m.png2q2hibl.jpgwwg476.png

today leicester have announced the appointment of experienced manager mat humphries he will take over from Nigel Pearson and will take training tomorrow.

we caught up with humphries leaving the stadium after his sock appointment.

HUMPHRIES

Im honored to have been given the oppurtunity to mange such an illustrious club such as Leicester, i will be looking to bring a more attractive type of football to the walkers instead of just hoofing it up field like the last manager ive enquired about a few players and i can tell you excluisvley that i have secured the loan signing of jack collison and im sure more will follow suite in the coming days

5a0psh.jpg

Humphries signing contract.

SKY-SPORTS-NEWS-cmyk.png

Tottenham Buying Milner?

jmilner.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club have today been rumoured that they are going for young midfielder James Milner of Aston Villa. Tom Tamburro, manager of Spurs said to SkySportsNews that he was looking for a centre midfielder and that he is intrested in James Milner. Tom said "Im looking for an attacking midfielder to play for us to give us that option to go on and attack. James Milner could be that man, he may be costly but it could be worth it. I want to save money also to buy a good goalscorer and i will be getting rid of dead wood, the dead wood is Robbie Keane and Pavlechenko, and the boys know that they will be leaving the club, so i wish them all the best for thier future, and no doubt they will be quality goalscorers for other teams, but for Spurs im afraid that they are'nt good enough and the likes of Crouch and Defoe plus another striker will be the main strikers in the club"

Tottenhams-Robbie-Keane-150x150.jpgRoman-Pavlyuchenko-150x150.jpg

These Two Men Could Be Leaving

150808SSlogo450200.jpg

85_1193758928.gif

Bale arrives in on loan at West Ham United

_45597995_2403_balepresser_huw_poster.jpg

The Media Pounce on Bale as he arrives at West Ham's Training Pitch..

Gareth Bale will play a big Role in the Defense at West Ham United

West Ham United Have signed Gareth Bale on a loan deal from Tottenham. The Versatile Defender is expected to play a big role in Gharib's bid to break into the top four.

The defender made it clear he is delighted with this loan, and hopes to enjoy his time at West Ham United while it lasts. He is expected to wear the number 6 Shirt at West Ham.

CF0E3977-EF6E-9F0A-7C219FA7611575FF.jpg

In other news, Jack Collison has left on loan to spend the season at Leicester City and Junior Stanislas has joined Reading on a one year loan deal as well. With Both players expected to play big Roles for The second Tier sides.

mcc3zc.gif

Local Manager takes over Swansea

Darron Gibson is on his way to Swansea to complete his loan move, along with his Manchester United team-mates Rafael Da Silva and Zoran Tosic.

Swansea City have today announced the local manager Aidan Radford has taken over as manager of the club. He will try and lead them to divison 1, and is in the job for the long run and he's said that the only way the him and the club would part is if he was sacked.

He has said that he has a verbal agreement with Manchester United to sign Gibson, Tosic and Rafael on-loan. Who would all really boost the strength of the squad.

He's also said to be linked with big names from abroad, but will not reveal his targets as he doesn't want to get caught in a bidding war with a tight budget. He has revealed though, that he has made bids for Norwich's Wes Hoolahan and Leeds's Jermain Beckford for substancial amounts.

Swansea hopefull of signing Norwich winger, Wes Hoolahan

He is set to get rid off numerous players in his squad, aswell as buying players. The bid name is Cedric Van Der Gun, who would leave the club for a fee of at least £6,000,000, he could also leave the club on a part exchange deal.

The other possible first teamer up for sale is Jordi Lopez, who has been transfer listed for £4,000,000, the club would also be open in a p/e deal for Lopez. The other players transfer listed are Guillem Bouza, Stephen Dobbie, Thomas Butler, Besian Idrizaj, Marcos Painter and Albert Serran. With Idrizaj for sale for a fee of £1,500,000 with the the rest of the players being availible for fee's inbetween £2,000,000 and £2,500,000.

The club have also released a statement to say that Mathews Collins has been released, with Collins now free-agent and looking for a club.

Former Ajax player, Cedric Van Der Gun, is on the transfer list for a fee of £6,000,000 but Swansea are also open to a part exchance offer for the winger

501px-West_Bromwich_Albion_FC-n_logo.svg.png

New Man at The Hawthorns

Today it has been announced that Federico Macheda has taken over at The Hawthorns.

As Federico Macheda was leaving the ground we managed to chat to him and he had this to say :-

Reporter: So Federico are you pleased to be here and what is your main aim for this season?

Federico: I am very pleased to be here and my main aim is to lead West Brom back into the Premiership where i think they belong.

Reporter: Will you be securing any singings in the next few days?

Federico: I will be looking to strengthen the squad over the season.

Reporter: Thank you for your time Federico and we wish you luck.

Federico: Thank you and goodbye.

MR.png

Aston Villa Appoint Argentina Gaffer

logo0405.jpg

Aston Villa end their hunt for a new manager, in the

name of Mr. Ru x. Mr. Ru was the the bookies favourite

as they had him at 1-6 on to takeover Martin O'Neil's

ex position, Mr. Ru x released a statement to the Argentinian

press where he had been living for the past few months with

girlfriend Shakira Rippol. The statement read,

We will be on the plane to England in the next couple of hours, but i would like to say that i am very much still focused on Argentina, with the up and coming World Cup Qualifiers.

Shakira's private jet touched down in England at around 20:00

which Mr. Ru used and they where at Villa Park

at around 21:05 where Mr. Ru released another statement

this time to the English press saying,

It is an honor and privilege to be given this opportunity to manage in the best league in the world and to be at a club with the pedigree which Aston Villa has, I would also like to thank all the fans who have turned up tonight to welcome me and also thank Martin who has left me with an amazing squad of players.

aston-villa-fans.jpg

Villa Faithful Turnout In Force.

Mr. Ru returns to his native England in an flamboyant style

which is a trademark of Mr. Ru, He has already in the process

of selling;

- Marlon Harewood to Norwich City for £3,000,000

- James Milner to Tottenham Hotspur for £13,000,000 + Tom Huddlestone

Mr. Ru has openly said that the selling of these players

is a necessity as Aston Villa need the funds,

he also said he spent alot of time deliberating over the Milner

transfer as he knew it would anger a minority of the fans,

he expressed his feelings about transfer at his press conference,

Although James is a fantastic player, the offer was just to good turn down as i need the cash to make a few additions to the squad plus when Tom was included in the transfer fee that sealed it for me as i have been an admirer of his for a while now and he will be a great addition to the squad, as at the moment we lack that bit of hunger and bite in the middle of the park.

Mr. Ru has also transferlisted;

- Ashley Young

- Gabriel Agbonlahor

- Carlos Cuellar

TomHuddlestoneGET_468x387.jpg

Huddlestone In Action

mcc3zc.gif

Hoolahan set for move to Swansea

Wes Hoolahan is on his way to South-Wales to agree personal terms at Swansea

Swansea City have announced that they have a bid accepted for Norwich wide man Wes Hoolahan for a fee of £1,500,00 aswell as Thomas Butler. Butler was transfer listed at £2,500,000 at Swansea, meaning the total value of the bid wont be far of the figure of £4,000,000.

But although short term, the deal isn't great, Swansea believe the long-term Hoolahan will make more of an impact on the team. Swansea are now ready to offload Mark Gower in a p/e deal, with the wings covered at Swansea.

Hoolahan has said that he's delighted to have stepped up a level, and although he wont be an immeadiate regular in the squad he's said he's prepared to wait for first team football.

He's set to be a back-up choice on the left-wing, but maybe further on into the season he could well go out on loan. He's a tidy signing though, as he certainly has the quality for Divison 2 level.

MR.png

Villa Confirm Ryan Babel Deal

After Mr. Ru's appointment as gaffer earlier today

his second signing comes in the name of

Dutch International Ryan Babel

RyanBabel1.jpg

Babel In Action For Liverpool.

Ryan Babel will officially become an Aston Villa player

on Sunday where he will be given the

number 9 shirt, and is expected to feature in

Villa's first game of the season against Wolves

on Saturday the 16th of January.

b73c195da4b7ef626ac1c4a5b376-grande.jpg

Babel Seen In Birmingham.

Guest MR. HAMMER

canari~1.jpg&usg=AFQjCNE1CC2pH3d_9o9QBjlPjwaOJgPdDQ

FANS WELCOME THERE NEW MANAGER WITH OPEN ARMS!!

Today Nowich City has named gareth southgate there new manager he has signed a roling contract and the manager seems happy to have talken over the League 1 team he has told press he has a few players lined up one of is Harewood the Aston Villa forword is joining for 3M and the manager has told press this is one of 3 targets that is having a medical at the team before joining in the next 48H also he has told press Foster is the number 1 for the season the 21 year old is looking forword to working here and has been in the England picher as there number 1.

150808SSlogo450200.jpg

85_1193758928.gif

Jonathon Spector Sent to Manchester City on loan

michael_bradley_1_the_associated_pr.jpg

Jonathon Spector, as he leaves West Ham United on a season long loan deal..

Jonathon Spector off to an adventure at Manchester City

West Ham United Have Sent Jonathon Spector on loan to Manchester City, after Ahmed Gharib made it clear to Spector that he was not a part of his plans for the season, he is now on loan with an option to buy at Manchester City, But is expected to Return to the Hammers at the end of the season.

USA+v+Brazil+FIFA+Confederations+Cup+Final+psZAhQb6CCsl.jpg

The USA International in action, at the Confederations Cup

Spector is expected to be the back up for Manchester City's Midfield and West Ham Manager Gharib has said that "This could be a good experience for jonathan". while the player himself expressed his joy at making the switch to the City of Manchester Stadium.

MU5579.png

Sir Alex Ferguson Retires!

After lots of success with Manchester United, Fergie has decided to retire as he feels it is time to do so. The Glazers were quick to find another manager to replace Fergie. But weirdly so, The Glazers has signed Singaporean, Azrul Asyriqien, to a 3-years deal. Glazers have also given Azrul Asyriqien a transfer kitty of £37.4 Million. Here is what Azrul Asyriqien had to say:

Well, this is a very huge step in my career and my life. To manage your favourite team since you were a kid, is definitely everyone's dream. I consider myself lucky as I'm the first Singaporean manager to manage Manchester United, or any English Premier League club !

When asked about what he will be doing with the team during this transfer season:

Well, 4 players as we know are considering retirement, so, I will be finding replacements for them as cover. I'll be spending some money on big names and selling some players as I don't think they would make it to my squad. Though the center midfield position is already solid, so I think we would leave that position alone. We would buy some youngsters to bring depth to the squad and play them in the English Cup or maybe the English Shield.

MU5579.png

Transfer News Update

Manchester United are on the verge of signing Alvaro Arbeloa, Josue David Silva and Angel Di Maria!

article-0-00B8343B00000578-775_468x676.jpg

The former Liverpool Spanish full back, Alvaro Arbeloa is tipped to sign from Real Madrid tomorrrow morning. His arrival may cause bitterness amongst the Red Devil fans but Azrul Asyriqien assures the fans that Arbeloa will dominate the right back position and he is a very, very talented and good defender and he is capable of moving forward.

13181.JPG

The long-awaited arrival of the Spanish star is arriving closer and closer. The signing of the Valencia star midfielder, will ease financial problems for Valencia yet will provide attacking prowess to the Manchester United midfield, so the signing is a win-win situation.

article-1035341-01F5584E00000578-913_468x563.jpg

The talented Argentine wing-wizard is on the verge of signing for Manchester United, replace Ryan Giggs who is set to retire. A very talented winger and has played for the Argentine National Team, everybody is looking forward to Di Maria and hope he will not flop like a certain Nani.

In other news, bids for Ben Foster and Wes Brown from Cardiff City and Aston Villa has been accepted respectively. Azrul Asyriqien also decided that Johnny Evans is unavailable for loans or transfer. Manchester United has transfer listed Dimitar Berbatov, Michael Owen, Michael Carrick, Rio Ferdinand and John O'Shea. All bids from any clubs are welcomed.

watfordfc-logo1.jpg

Khai Appointed Manager of Watford

Khai also known as 'The Kaito' has been confirmed as

the new manager of Watford. Khai, takes over at the

Vicarage Road after the shock resignation of former

boss on Friday.

"I'm delighted about the prospect of being Watford manager.

It is a great legacy that former manager has left and it is

my job now to carry that forward."

tom_cruise_0706.jpg

| Watford here i come ! |

The Malaysian tactician, who officially became a coach

at Watford in January 2010, added

"It took me one second to decide to accept the job after

it was offered to me."

The new Watford manager acts quickly in the transfer

market. Already loaned the young sensation Gael Kakuta

from Chelsea till the end of the season, Khai is looking

forward to bring more newfaces to his side.

"We have an agreement with Chelsea [about Kakuta].

We are pleased with the deal. Gael [Kakuta] is a good

young player. It is important for him to get some time

on the pitch, and he knows that it is impossible [to play]

at Chelsea.

Gael-Kakuta415.jpg

| hey kid, prove to our manager that you are good enough. |

Related Link

Team

Chelsea

Watford

Player

Gael Kakuta

Gaudin Takes Charge At Liverpool

Sunday, 10th January 2010

image-3-for-gallery-new-liverpool-fc-signing-alberto-aquilani-is-introduced-by-liverpool-fc-manager-rafael-benitez-997242417.jpg

The Press Pounce On Gaudin

Late last night Liverpool FC announced that Gaudin has been appointed as the new manager after Benitez was sacked after a poor stretch of form. Gaudin said 'I was delighted when I got a phone call from the Liverpool chairmen and I just couldn't turn this job down, I know the club didn't have a great last season but I am going to take Liverpool back to the top!'

Transfer activity is at an all time high at Anfield with Gaudin shipping out basically the whole squad and buying in some of the most talented players from Europe, the players names have not yet been confirmed but fans are getting very excited. The first player to be axed is Dutch winger Ryan Babel who will be completing a move to Aston Villa later on today.

Season plans have allready been put in place and the target at the top of the list is finish in the top three followed by build a young and highly talented squad.

Pending Transfers:

Ryan Babel Liverpool to Aston Villa (9m)

MU5579.png

Michael Owen Set For Medical

michael-owen_633647681219843750.jpg

Michael Owen is set for a medical at Fulham after a deal worth of 5 Million pounds was agreed with both managers. The deal was sealed moments ago after Michael Owen told the press;

I'm happy I'm going to Fulham, I need first team football and I doubt I can get that here in Old Trafford with Rooney in fine form. Moving to Fulham also means that I have a higher chance off joining the National Team in their quest to win the World Cup.

Ahmed Gharib, manager of the England National Team is expected to give his thoughts in a press conference later on :P . Manager Azrul Asyriqien wishes Michael Owen the best of luck and health when he plays to Fulham.

321_front_small.png47_1190143104.gif1_front_small.png

Campbell takes the Reigns at City.

Sunday, 10th January 2010

Pep-Guardiola-candidato-ideal-para-la-selecci%C3%B3n-argentina.jpg

Campbell at the press conference

After Roberto Mancini's shock exit last week Manchester City have been quick to snap up a new manager to replace him.His name is Sean Campbell who has reportedly signed a big money contract. Thousands turned out to see him despite the sub-zero temperatures. He has previously managed lower league clubs like Mk Dons. It is a bit of a gamble appointing him but the Arab owners think he is ready to lead city to the title. When asked about his plans he said:

I think I have what it takes to lead this club to the top of European football within 5 seasons.We have the players,the owners,the staff.Hopefully under my guidance this team can improve and set up a new youth system. Luckily Sheik Mansour has handed me 30m to spend in January with more promised in the Summer. I don't want to give away many of my transfer targets but lets just say by the end of this month there will be a lot of new faces around. This club has one of my favourite mottos of all time: Pride in Battle.

Sheik Mansour has set him a target of a top 4 finish which he is confident he can and will achieve.With the likes of Adebayor and Tevez expected to leave in the coming weeks many fans will be angry but the City chairman says they have to give him a chance as lots of world class playes will be coming Man City's way very soon.

Birmingham Spending Begins

Birmingham_City_FC_logo.png

Birmingham City today confirmed that a new face has join Adam Devitt at Birmingham. Late last night Kyle Naughton joined on a season long loan from Tottenham Hotspur which is seen as a good deal for both clubs as it adds extra depth into the Birmingham squad and Naughtan is likely to play a big role this year for Birmingham. Another player who could be joining Naughton at St Andrews is English international Owen Hargreaves he was no longer needed at Old Traffors.The fee is blelieved to be around the region of £8m. In his press conference he said:

I am delighted to be joining Birmingham, I recieved a number of offers but felt that a move to Birmingham would be the right move for me.I believe by coming here I will be able to get my fitness up and find some form and if it all goes right I could be on the plane to South Africa in the summer.

OwenHargreaves.jpg

Hargreaves on England international duty

Hargreaves is expected to sign later today if his medical goes well. Manager Adam Devitt has said that these will not be the last of the new faces this transfer windows.

Although many new faces will be joining the Birmingham revolution many others will be leaving. Two players have left on loan already, Scott Dann to Southampton and Damien Johnson to Nottingham Forest. Both players will be out on a season long loan. A 6.5m bid has been accepted for left back David Murphy who will be joining Sheffield Wednesday later today. Also an undisclosed offer from Preston for Kevin Philips has been accpeted so he is likely to be moving to deepdale. Huddersfield Town are also said to be interested in winger Gary Mcsheffery but negotiations are said to be at an early stage.

mcc3zc.gif

Jordi Lopez to join Relegation Strugglers

EUFA Cup Winner, Lopez, is set to join Shorpe with regular football guarenteed

Swansea City have announced that the club have accepted a bid for a fee of £4,000,000 for Spanish midfielder, Jordi Lopez. EUFA Cup Winner with Sevilla, Lopez has plenty of experience, and should be a major players in the Shorpe team.

Lopez was expected to get some football at Swansea, but wants regular football, his main insentive for the move. He has said that Shorpe is a club on the rise, and he's desperate to be a part of their rise and he does believe that Shorpe will have the quality in their squad to compete with even the best of divison 2.

Shorpem could well be set for a relegation scrap though with the lack of funds for new players. But Lopez is happy to fight out the season at Shorpe.

He has said that this challenge is like nothing he's ever had to in his career. And he's glad to help Shorpe in what's set to be a long season for the newcomers.

Archived