Sign in to follow this  
Guest Higgy

English Championship 5579 -Match Report/Transfer Gossip Thread

Guest MR. HAMMER

Re: English Championship 5579 -Match Report/transfer Gossip Thread

0,,10427~5633547,00.jpg

Today Notts County have placed a Loan offer for Winger Chris Whelpdale from Peterborough United the 22 year old is soon to be 23 and has not played this season but County manager Mattuie Beckett has told press he could be a big help here is League 2 and we are hoping he will be with us before ower next game to go in to ower 1st team for the season ahead.

peterborough-united-fc.jpg

Shrewsbury place loan bid on Aaron McLean

Shrewsbury are thought to have placed a loan bid on Peterborough forward Aaron McLean, Who has been pushed down the pecking order after the signings of Chris Killen and Shane Long.

Aaron_McLeann.jpg

Is McLean Shrewsbury bound?

McLean could show Tomlins that he deserves a place in the starting line up at Peterborough if he does move to Shrewsbury and make's an impact on there promotion push.

Sheffield United are also said to be interested in the 26 year old, along with Shrewsbury.

mclean_516x350_74646a.jpg

McLean fighting for the ball.

McLean would love to stay at Peterborough but if a loan move would see him get regular first team football he's said to be happy with it.

Shrewsbury and Peterborough are said to be in talks over the strikers loan move, witch could see the move be completed today.

shrewsbury-town-fc.jpg

Shrewsbury hope to have him available for there next game against Rochdale.

Official: Watford Sign Toni Kroos

From Bayer Leverkusen

The German wonderkid has penned a deal after passing

a medical and the club have confirmed it officially...

Jan 25, 2010

2nd Division contender Watford have completed the

transfer of German playmaker Toni Kroos from Bayer

Leverkusen of the Bundesliga for a fee of £6 million.

German under-21 international has signed a four-year

deal at Watford.

Toni-Kroos-r-wird-vollwertiger-Bayern-Profi_3f6a8d37f5.jpg

| Take care of yourself, don't forget me hah |

The English club are improving their team and head

coach Khai was eager to add some more creativity

to his squad after had signed Cuevas Miguel, Andrea

Poli, Adrian Gonzalez and Ignazio Abate into his

attacking force.

Kroos joined Bayer Leverkusen from their rival Bayern

Munich in last year and didn't waste any time in

impressing at the Bundesliga outfit. The free scoring

midfielder found the net 7 times in 18 league appearances

in the Bayer’s shirt.

His former manager clearly states that he is not

happy with Toni’s move to England and it is a major

loss to the German League leader.
“We are sad to see he [Toni Kroos] leave the club,

He is our important player. It is a major loss [to loss him].

But, this thing is always happen. We have to move on

and wish him the best [in his new club].”
“Bayer Leverkusen’s chairman is happy with the

transfer fee received for the player, it almost

matches our asking price.”

1675320847-kroos_475px.9.jpg

| You are not our player anymore, go away from here |

Kroos made it clear he was absolutely delighted with

the deal and that he's looking forward to begin his

new adventure in England with his new club.
“I’m glad to be here. I’m starting a new stage in my

career and I hope everything is going well. I used to

watch English football here. It is much faster

[than in Germany] .But I’m confident that I can

adapt to this league in no time.”

kroos_flieg468345.jpg

| Watford, here i come |

Related Link

Team

Bayer Leverkusen

Watford

Player

Adrian Gonzalez

Andrea Poli

Cuevas Miguel

Ignazio Abate

Toni Kroos

Team Of the Turn

Schwarzer (Fulham)

Santacroce (Blackburn) Pique (Liverpool) Schennikov (Manchester City)

Arteta (Everton) Asamoah (Manchester City) Schweinsteiger (Everton) Emerton (Blackburn)

David Villa (Manchester City) Hulk (Liverpool) Higuain (Liverpool)

Shock of the day - Manchester City's huge 6-1 victory over West ham. Goals from Schennikov, Drenthe , 2 from Asamoah and 2 from Villa sealed the win with West ham's goal from cole in the 83rd minute being a small concelation

Swansea Transfer News

mcc3zc.gif

Swansea beat Newcastle, to signing Hooper

Gary Hooper has joined Swansea City, for a fee of £250,000 aswell as Guillem Bouza joining Shorpe as part of the deal

Swansea City have announced that they have completed the signing of Gary Hooper from Shorpe.

Newcastle has looked to have signed Hooper, but a deal fell through, and Swansea managed to make a suitable bid, which saw Hooper join the South-Wales club.

Hooper signs for a fee of £250,000 aswell as out of favour striker Guillem Bouza. Bouza will look to make an impact at Shorpe, with his reliablity of scoring goals when given a run in the team.

Hooper is aged just 21, and will be a part of Swansea's youth cup squad, but is unlikely to get any sort of league game time.

The forward is very likely to go out on-loan if Swansea get knocked out the early stages, in a similar situation to a couple of players.

Swansea City boss, Aidan Radford, has said that he is delighted to have beaten Newcastle to the signing, and hopes Hooper will be at Swansea for years to come.

mcc3zc.gif

Wagstaff switches Charlton for Swansea

Wagstaff joins Swansea on a 2-year deal

Swansea City have announced that they have signed highly promosing English winger, Scott Wagstaff from Charlton.

Wagstaff joins Swansea for a high fee of £600,000. But, Swansea are happy with the cash paid for the 19 year old, after his run of form at Charlton.

Wagstaff has put himself on the map, as a regular at Charlton, and Swansea hope that he will become a regular at Swansea in a few seasons.

Wagstaff is expected to become a back-up winger for the youth cup, and will be in a similar position to Ben Khalifa and Hooper, in that he will be availible for a loan transfer after Swansea get knocked out of the cup.

Wagstaff is hoping that he can achieve a lot in his time at Swansea, as will the manager who has paid top dollar for his services.

mcc3zc.gif

Nicola Rigoni another young gun to join Swansea

Rigoni joins Swansea for a fee of £200,000

Swansea City have announced that they have signed promosing young Italian midfielder, Nicola Rigoni for a fee of £200,000.

Rigoni joins for Swansea's remaining budget, as they will now look to sell players as they look for a steady cash flow.

Rigoni has recieved bids from both West Ham and Walsall, but Swansea made the highest bid, as they win a bidding war for yet another signing.

The holding midfielder is hoping that he can make an impact in the Youth Cup, and he will join a list of youngster who will be availible for a loan deal after Swansea are knocked out of the tournament.

bradford-city.jpg

Bradford City confirm loan signing Oscar. Oscar who currently is on loan from Bolton Wanderers recently moved to England from S?o Paulo.

oscar.jpg

Jonny Eller commented that Oscar is the ideal signing for the team and will be sure to adapt to the division quickly.

________

Weed Vaporizers

Liverpool Stall In Suarez Negotiations

Monday, 25th January 2010

luis%20suarez.jpg

Liverpool Still In The Market For A Striker

Throughout today Liverpool and Ajax have been in continuous negotiations for Uruguayan striker Suarez when a bid was aventually accepted later on in the day and it looked like Suarez would be a Liverpool player in the next twenty four hours. Only until the Ajax chairman found an error in Suarez's contract which would not allow him to leave the club until 2014 and the bid would have to be over twenty million.

This has had a big impact on Liverpool as they will have to search for another striker in the transfer market after Torres left for Arsenal last week for a record sum of 40m. And with only three striker and only Hulk expected to be fit for Liverpool's clash with Stoke City a replacement will be needed to be brought in soon.

A few players are expected to be on Bail's shortlist but a player with real talent will have to stand out and be able to cope with Liverpool's fine form but a bid is yet to be accepted so listen out for more news over the next few days.

Coll Hits Out At SMFA

New Portsmouth manager Patrick Coll has hit out at the English SMFA after he was given a 3 match touchline ban after he apparently verbally abused referee Darko Ceferin during the goaless draw between Wigan and Portsmouth on Saturday evening.

alan_wiley_1496121c.jpg

Scotsman Not Happy With Ref

It is believed the incident took place in the 41th minute after Wigan's David Rozehnal fouled Morientes.

Coll responded to the ban by saying;

It's an outrage! "Verbally abused!? Verbally bloody abused!? That brute Rozehnal took Fernando right out of the game and only gets a yellow card while I call the ref " blind as a effin' bat" and I get a three match ban for it! He(the ref) should be the one getting the ban, not me.

Coll will now have to watch the next three games from the stand starting with Wednesday's game against Blackburn

cov_crest_navy_disc.jpg

TWO MIDFIELDERS ON WAY TO THE RICOH ARENA.

Coventry manager gadga as decided to bring in midfielders, due to gadga concentrating on bringing in other places he as neglected the midfield, they may not be high rated or big names but it will give the midfield a bit of a relief, gadga said if we have an injury in the midfield department we would be in big trouble, i've put that many loan bids in for midfielders to no avail..

Haibin Zhou will arrive from PSV, he is a cm/rm and will be the firts chinese player at coventry. Also to arrive will be brazilian Berto Carlinhos Paraiba from SAO PAULO, he is a left cm/am..

Gadga said that both could make there debuts on weds when we face Swansea which will be a tough match, they have got a good squad and a good manager, but at the moment we are the in form team in the league and we want to keep that going as long as we can...

252_front_small.png35_1197522314.gif7_front_small.png

New Monkey Hangers Boss Promises

Promotion to the Promised Land

hartlepool.jpg

The Hartlepool fans voice their delight at Howat's appointment.

New Hartlepool United manager, Andy Howat, has set his stall out from day one, guarenteeing promotion to Division One within four seasons. Speaking at a press conference that marked his unveiling as the new Pools head coach, Howat claimed that the move to acquire him as the one to take this club forward as the best decision in this young decade thus far. Bold words from a very bold man indeed.
"I'm honoured by the decision of the Hartlepool United board to appoint me as the new manager of this fine club. However, at the same time, I am not surprised as I was the logical choice for this position, being the greatest manager to have ever graced this planet. Honestly, if Jose Mourinho is "the special one", then I'm the exceptional one. Quite frankly, that man isn't fit to clean my boots and I'm set to smash all managerial records set by the likes of the greats Clough, Shankley and Ferguson."

It seems that the new gaffer is not lacking in confidence as he gets to work, starting with a trip to Stockport County on Wednesday evening. The Monkey Hangers will be looking to continue their promising, unbeaten start to the season where they have picked up five points from a possible nine under the guidance of previous manager, Robert Jarni, who disowned the club by jumping ship to East Anglian outfit, Ipswich Town, last week.

Also, Howat sent out a warning shot to his rival Division Four managers by claiming that their quest for glory this season has got all the more difficult thanks to his arrival. He made sure to pick out Leyton Orient boss, Kensational, Shrewsbury Town boss, JinxMillion and Crewe Alexandra boss, Tiesto - all acquaintances of Howat in the past; past being the appropriate word:
"Yes, it's true that there are several managers in this division that I have held in close regard over the course of my managerial career. Kensational, JinxMillion and Tiesto are all great people and great managers, but I'm afraid that their talents in this league are now dwarfed by my arrival as Hartlepool United manager. They may be friends of mine, but this is business and all the niceties go out the window. I shall be trying my damndest to crush them all and their pitiful attempts at turning their minnows into anything worth talking about. Watch your backs; I'm coming for you."

So, strong words from the new United manager, but his positive thinking is sure to be drilled into his players. Things are finally looking up at Victoria Park.

mcc3zc.gif

Dean Marney delighted with England call-up

Marney will be hoping for a impressive debut, in England's qualifing match with Romania

Swansea City midfielder, Dean Marney has expressed his delighted of being call up for his first international appearance for English, in a qualifier against a weak Romania.

Marney is set to play in midfield, alongside Aston Villa trio, Huddlestone, Downing and Ashley young.

Marney will be hoping for a good game, as he sets his sight on a more frequent place in the England team.

England Manager Ahmed Gharib, has said that anyone playing well will have a chance of a first team call-up, giving confidence to the likes of Marney.

Guest Higgy

150808SSlogo450200.jpg

85_1193758928.gif

Chris Payne Moves To West Ham United

West Ham United have signed Chris Payne from Sydney FC for a thought fee of 15k. The 19 year old was scouted by West Ham manager Ahmed Gharib, when Gharib was seen in the stands as Payne scored Sydney's 3rd goal in their 3-1 Victory over Newcastle Jets. Ahmed was said to be impressed by the youngster and after negotiations went right. He finally signed for West Ham United.

Sydney+FC+v+Tasmania+Youth+Exhibition+Match+2ELp9U4nVsSl.jpg

The young Aussie is expected to participate in the youth cup.

The Youngster isn't expected to get game time this season, but with the youth Cup coming soon, the youngster definitely has something to look up to. As he has made it clear he is overjoyed at making it to the Premiership and hopes for a long career at West Ham. Although, he has also announced that he would not mind going on loan for the first season.

National+Youth+League+Rd+13+Sydney+FC+v+AIS+UIoLTrdtcjUl.jpg

Chris Payne is set to sign a long term Contract for the Hammers

peterborough-united-fc.jpg

Newcastle v Peterborough

Match preview

Venue:
London Road
Date:
Wednesday 27th January 2010
Kick-Off:
20:00GMT

Team News

Newcastle defender Fabricio Coloccini sits out after receiving a red card last Wednesday against Middlesbrough.

Peterborough are expected to play an unchanged line up from the team that beat Swansea at the weekend, but Grégory Sertic could make his debut if he passes a late fitness test after receiving a knock in training yesterday.

Match preview

Newcastle will hope to extend there automatic promotion push to get into the Premiership with a win tonight but a full confidence Peterborough team will hope to extend on the 2-0 victory over Swansea against Newcastle.

Newcastle currently sit 6th just inside the promotion placed, where as Peterborough sit 10th.

52_1195026324.gif59_1235752653.jpg

Who will be celebrating tonight?

Guest MR. HAMMER

1243498749076l.jpg

JOINING LEAGUE 2 FROM GERMANY!

TODAY NOTTS COUNTY AND VfB STUTTGART HAVE CAME TO A DEAL FOR CENTER FORWORD ALESSANDRO RIEDLE THE 18 YEAR OLD WILL BE HAVING A MEDICAL TODAY AND IS JOINING FOR 750K THE MANAGER HAS TOLD PRESS HE IS HAPPY WITH THIS DEAL AND IS HOPING TO SIGN SOME MORE PLAYERS SOON BUT NEEDS TO KEEP THE CLUBS BUGET IN THE GREEN AND NOT THE RED AS HE NEEDS TO KEEP HIS TOP PLAYERS AND ALSO NEEDS TO SIGN PLAYERS WHEN NEEDED.

Torquay announce new signings

0,,10784~3373467,00.jpg

BACLET, Alain Pierre (Fwd/AM - 23 - 78)

GIACCHERINI, Emanuele (CF - 24 - 77)

ARDEMAGNI, Matteo (Fwd - 22 - 78)

Torquay are hoping that by investing in youth it will pay off in the long term, we are hopeful that these players will rise in the coming weeks, then they can be offloaded to bigger clubs as Torquay is only a stepping stone for them.

Torquay are now hoping for a big team in the 2nd round of the English Shield to help bring in some much needed revenue, after drawing Walsall at home in the 1st round of the English Cup, no disrespect to Walsall but we could both have done with a money spinning tie!

Guest MR. HAMMER

Notts_county_crest.pngbrand.gif

logoSkySports1.gif

Live From 8:00 GMT

Tonight Notts County take out Burton Albion at home and the manager is hoping for his 1st win since joining to League 2 side he has been bissy signing and selling players and has signed 6 new players since joining Burton Albion siting bottom of the league has been in bad form and there manager is on the brink of being sacked thay have signed 1 player this season and are hoping to get there 1st point of the season to help them get away from the foot of the league the managers today in a interviw seemed happy and both told press thay are expecting goals but one thing for shore is Notts County on 2 points in 3 games are the out right faverats to win this game.

Notts Countys Player To Whach:

alessandro+riedle.jpg

Notts Countys player to whach tonight has to go to brand new signing Alessandro Riedle the 18 year old joined for Bunder League giyents VfB Stuttgart for 750K this morning and is hoping to impress England and also Germanys manager the Forword is on the team sheat for tonight game.

Burton Albion Player To Whach:

0,,10794~5924240,00.jpg

The player to whach for Burton Albion has to be Danny Webber the 28 year old is on his first game also and after costing the League 2 side 3.5M he is hoping to do well and help with some goals against Notts County and also get in to the England picher.

porstmoughfcbadge.gif

Portsmouth Sign Brazilian Star

Earlier today, Portsmouth FC confirmed the signature of Brazilian Cleber Santana from Atletico Madrid. They beat off competition from fellow English rivals Hull City to land the midfielder who is thought to have cost the club around £4.4 million.

20914_news.jpg

New Man Cleber Santana is set to make his debut tonight

The club are also delighted to announce the signings of Igor Duljaj and Vitorino Hilton from Shaktar Donetsk and Marseille respectivley for a combined fee of 9 million pounds

sheffield_united_badge02.gif

SHEFFIELD UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB a re pleased to anounce the signing of Greek wonderkid SOTIRIS NINIS from Panathinaikos for 3.2m and 2 players leaving in exchange,Nisis can play on the right of midfield ,but also has the creativity to play in the attacking midfield role.

90skidsninissf0.png

Nisis was a key player at Panathinalos,being named joint captain for the 2008/9 season and has been scouted by europes top teams including Real madrid and Ac Milan,both where expected to follow up there interest later in the season,but we had the cash and players and the selling club needed a quick cash injection so we made our bid rather than fighting for his signiture later this season.Ninis has played regulary for Greece u21 scoring a goal against England in sept 09 and has played for Greece 3 times.

Sheffield United are also delighted to announce the signing of Zhi Zheng from Celtic for 2m on a 3 year deal.Zhi is a very experienced player and will add the the depth of the squad.Zhi has played 45 games for his country but was struggling to hold down a place at Celtic,so the manager decided he would help fill the gap after Nick Montgomery left the club as part of the Ninis deal.

_42697105_zheng_getty416.jpg

Guest MR. HAMMER

0,,10794~8123108,00.jpg

Today Notts County Goal Keeper Kasper Schmeichel has talked out on worrys he will be leaving the league 2 side in the next few days as the manager is keen on signing a Premiaship Keeper for 2M the Goal Keeper has been placed on the Available list and the 23 year old who has played 3 games alredy this season and Consided 5 goals but got 1 Clean Sheat has had a up and down start of his Carear here since joining for Manchester City in the Summer Tranfer Windo has also had a AVR Rating of 7 a game and the manager is looking for a cash deal in the rejon of 4M for the young Keeper no teams have came in with intrest yet but the manager has told press he could be leaving abrod if no English team whant him.

Liverpool Sign Falcao

Wednesday, 27th January 2010

12931_ori_radamel_falcao.jpg

Falcao Replaces Torres

After a move for Ajax striker Suarez collapsed due to complications in the players contract Liverpool have snapped up the signing of Colombian forward Falcao who will look to fill the boots of Fernando Torres who left the club a week ago to join Arsenal for a massive 40m. Falcao said at a press conference 'I am very pleased to have signed for such a big club and hopefull I can compete with the likes of Higuain and Pato for a first team place'

Liverpool's strike force is now up to four players and that number may increase due to Gerrard want to leave the club. Gaudin stated 'Falcao is a great player and I believe he will have a successful season here at Anfield'. Falcao is likely to make his debut in tonights game against Stoke City to give Higuain and Pato a rest before the clashes with Arsenal and Manchester United who they will face in the next two weeks.

Manchester City Squad To Face Stoke

Wednesday, 27th January 2010

Tonight Liverpool are heading to the Britannia stadium to face Stoke City in the fourth Premier League game of the season. Liverpool who sit at the top of the table without a loss are high favourites to beat Stoke City who are yet to gain a point this season and hover just above bottom place in the table.

Liverpool are likely to rest their key players as they have two games against Arsenal and Manchester United coming up after the Stoke City game. The team sheets have been confirmed and this will be Liverpool's team setup for this fixture:

GK: Asenjo

RB: Debuchy

CB: Subotic

CB: Sakho

LB: Aogo

RM: Pedro Leon

DM: Mamaev

CM: Sahin

LM: Marin

FWD: Falcao

FWD: Hulk

TOM: "WE USE BRADFORD WIN FOR MOMENTUM TONIGHT,"

Tom says that Bristol City's friendly win against Bradford City will hopefully springboard his team into life as they aim for the first 3 points in the league under their manager. He also added how Samaras and Danny will be key for them this season.

"The whole purpose of the game against Bradford was to gain some sort of winning feeling, a winning mentallity from somewhere or other," "Its hard to grasp that, but hopefully its began in that friendly match," "We play as a team, we win as a team, we lose as a team, and every team has their main players," "I think the recent arrivals of Giorgio (Samaras) and Danny will be key for us," "They are important players for us, theres no hiding that fact,"

It doesnt get any easier for the Robins though, as they prepare to take on Shorpe United. "They have a good manager, and they've just signed a class player in Guti, so we know its not an easy game," "However, I expect us to do well,"

mcc3zc.gif

Coventry City V Swansea City

Oguchi Onyewu is set to make his debut, as Swansea look to keep out a Coventry attack that can't stop scoring.

Swansea will look to bounce back from their home to defeat to Peterborough, with a win, away at top of the league, Coventry City. But it will be difficult though, as although Coventry's defence isn't performing as it should be, the attack is scoring goals for fun.

Swansea will return several members back to the first team, after failing to achieve a decent performance at home to Peterborough. Swansea are expecting to drop Darren Pratley and Stefano Okaka Chuka, and replace them with Leon Britton and Craig Beattie.

Swansea will be hoping for a possitive performance, as manager Aidan Radford believes that these are the sorts of game that you have to win. If you're going to be battling for a finish towards the top end of the table.

Beattie will play from the start, in his first competitive appearance this season

Coventry go into the game top of the leaderboard, and unbeaten, with three wins and a draw in their opening four games, depsite being up against some tough teams.

Coventry have brought in the likes of Artur Boruc and are certainly a team to be in contention for promotion, if they keep up the form they've shown early on this season.

Boruc is looking forward to the game, claiming it will be a test to his ability, infront of what's excepting to be a full capacity crowd. This is despite Boruc being no poor form and letting in some sloppy goals recentley, so Swansea will look to take advantage of this and score a few goals.

Swansea will be looking beat Artur Boruc who isn't on great form, going into the game

Millwall Fc have announced a new show on their website called

LionsDenFinal.jpg

You must be wondering what kind of a show it is. Well the answer is it's an interactive show where fans get involved by asking questions to a particular player each week. The fans are also joined by two journalists who also asks questions to write in their respective newspaper. The presenter for the show will be former wrestler Kelly Kelly, a women who will also act as a model for the team to help generate sales in the women department.

Parker believes that the show will help increase the revenue for the teaa, aswell as letting the fans get to know the player a little bit better. So without further adieu let's get this show on the road.

kelly.jpg

Kelly kelly will be the host of the show and model for the women department

Hi I'm Kelly Kelly and I welcome you all to the first show of "Lion's Den". Here in the studio with me today are Steven Howard from the Sun, Jim white from the Telegraph and the star of the show Nicolas Lodeiro.

Kelly-"Welcome all guys. So Nicolas how do you feel about being the first person on the show"

Nicolas-" I'm really excited but I'm also really nervous as I don't have a clue what's going to happen today."

Kelly- " Alright Nicolas, Lets start with Jim White from the Telegraph

Jim-" Welcome to England Nicolas. How have you found it settling down in the few days you've been here"

Nicolas-"I don't think it's been that bad as everybody at here has been very helpful to me and I've found it quite easy settling down."

Jim- "Back in Uruguay, you were dubbed the new Messi. How do you feel about that."

Nicolas- "It's flattering being dubbed the new Messi but I believe that I'm a completely different player from him. For starter he plays on the right and I'm on the left and also my main attributes is taking shots from outside the box while his is running past players"

Jim-"You are set to make your debut against Nottingham Forest. How do you feel about that?"

Nicolas-"I'm obviously really excited and I can't wait to show the fans what I'm capable of but I hope the fans stay calm and give me time to adapt as the league here in England is completely different from the league back home"

0+nicolas+lodeiro+nacional+montevideo+barcelona.jpg

Lodeiro dubbed the new messi

Kelly- Thanks for the questions Jim. I'll now read a couple of E-mails that we've been recieving throughout the day. James from London says "Hi Nicolas, wishing you all the best tonight"

Aaron from Southamton says "Nicolas can't wait to see you in action. You look class in the videos I've seen on youtube."

Your take on this Nicolas

Nicolas-"It's great to know that people are looking forwards to seeing me on the pitch and I promise I'll do my best not to disapoint."

Kelly-"Thanks Nicolas Let's move onto our next journalist Steven Howard from the Sun

Steven-"Thanks Kelly. So Nicolas you've met you teammates. Who has impressed you the mort"

Nicolas-"It's such a talented group of players the gaffa has put together here and it's such a tough call but if I were to chose somebody it would be Antoine Griezmann just because of the skills the boy possesses."

Steven- "Speaking about the gaffa, How is he at handling the players at training."

Nicolas-"He is fantastic. He is such a joy to work with during training. He does everything that he can to make the training sessions as pleasurable as possible and the guys all adore him. His methods during training are unique and it's a breath of fresh air."

Steven- " Last and final question Nicolas. We heard you declined Barcelona and Ajax to join Millwall. What was the thinking behind that."

Nicolas-"offt it's been such a crazy transfer wimdon for me this year. First I agreed terms to join an unnamed english club then they pulled out of it then Barca and Ajax made enquiries but nothing matured. Millwall stepped in with a £6 million offer and I have no regrets in joining this adventurous team."

antoine-griezmann-01.JPG

Antoine Griezmann most talented player according to lodeiro

Kelly- Just before we finish let me read a couple more of the E-mails that have been flooding in this evening.

Mick from Surrey says- "The world cup is just around the corner. Do you believe you'll be on the plane to South Africa."

The other E-mail is from Ian from Weymouth "Nicolas I have been following you since you were young and I can't wait to see you rip the english leagues apart but my question is how are you handling being Millwall's biggest buy."

Nicolas- "Firstly I would hope that I'm on the plane to south africa during the summer but I don't take anything from granted and I believe that if you want something you have to work for it and that's exactly what I'm going to do"

"In response to being the biggest buy in Millwall's history I just want to say that I'm handling the pressure quite well but it's going to be very scary as people will be expecting big things from me."

nicolas-lodeiro.jpg

Big things are expected from the 20 year old

Kelly- "That's it for this week. I hope you have enjoyed the show and I'll see you again here next week with another Millwall player.

751.gif

ROCHDALE END UP AS LION'S FOOD

A crowd of almost 10,000 showed up at The Meadow for Mr. Sorensen's first home game of the season and they didn't have to wait long for the action. Peterborough loanee, Aaron McLean only needed 10 minutes to repay the gaffer's trust in him. McLean cannoned a long range effort straight into the top corner behind a hapless Rochdale goalie.

3784069541-08082009160707.jpg

Shrewbury's Dave Hibbert celebrates his brace against Rochdale

It didn't take long for fellow striker, Dave Hibbert to be inspired by McLean's goal thirst. Hibbert bagged his brace in one minute (24' and 25'). First a poacher's goal, beating the offside trap and then a wonderful header inside the far post.

Mr. Sorensen on the Rochdale match, Hibbert, new signings and Hartlepool:

It was a great match for us and just the way I wanted to start my career here at Shrewsbury Town. The fans were fantastic. Always behind us!

I was very impressed with our strikers today. McLean had a "Man of The Match" performance and Hibbert is showing me that I can rely on him as a first team striker this season.

You know that I don't want to be specific in regards to our transfer targets. I will confirm that we are expecting a handful of players to join the club in the coming days.

Of course I heard about Andy's comments regarding Hartlepool's promotion ahead of the rest of Division 4. I'm not going to go into a verbal war with the competition. He's a great manager and Hartlepool are lucky to have him. That being said, I've always been a firm believer in the concept of letting our feet do the talking. And our feet are saying that we'll make minced meat out of the Monkey Hangers!

With a comfortable 3-0 win in the bag, the first victory of the season, Shrewsbury are going on the road to meet in-form Carlisle United. It'll be interesting to see what Sorensen has in his bag of tricks to stop the free scoring Blue Army on Saturday.

Look around. There's no hope. There's no escape. You're Shrew'ed!

logo.gif