English Championship 5579 -Match Report/Transfer Gossip Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 -Match Report/transfer Gossip Thread

PARMA YOUTH PLAYER SIGNS FOR COVENTRY

Coventry manager Gadga as confirmed that he as managed to sign Parma's Bosnian DRAGAN MIHAJLOVIC, the 18yr old AM/FW signed a 5yr contract, the 74 rated had a rise of 6 on the 28/01/2010.

Gadga is now a bit unsure on the latest signing, spoke to an Italian friend whom as got family in italy and said that he is an excellent player and is one for the future...

u18-07-08mihajlovic_dragan.jpg

DRAGAN MIHAJLOVIC moves from Parma to the midlands..

blackburn-rovers-football-club-logo-300x300.jpg

THE ROAD AHEAD

IN5572642Blackburn-R_44465t.jpg

Blackburn Rovers are biting their nails as the competition really heats up in Division 1. The Rovers brought Thierry Henry to the club on March 3rd and since then the Rovers have played 5 games losing all 5 matches. Fans are saying the French man has cursed the club. Manager Scott will be really hoping this is otherwise as the sale Hoilett and Dunn created the 10.7 million fee paid for the striker. He is not looking like a 10 million man at the moment.

It was all downhill as twice in four days, bitter rivals Tottenham Hotspur beat the Rovers to put the manager to shame for blasting the Tom Tamburro lead squad. Manager Scott still believes he will get the better of them on March 27th.

The Rovers travel to Sunderland with a very poor away form to take on the Alexandre Pato lead squad who is high flying at the moment. Rovers who are without influential midfielder Juardo for the next 5 weeks and also left back Criscito out to injury, the manager has stated it is the worst possible time to play Sunderland and is struggling to keep all the players on one page. He will be heartened by the fact that West Ham were able to beat Sunderland in their last fixture. But the likes of Cana and Borriello are expected to turn in stellar performances. While it should be interested to see which two forwards the manager plays up front as Dzeko is certain to start but Kalinic and Henry are fighting for the other spot. Will the Manager leave the cursed one at home.

henry_thierry_605037.jpg

Blackburn Rovers pay 10.7 million to be cursed by french voodoo

Long silence's jeers as Peterborough triumph

ClubLogo.gif 1 - 3 ClubLogo.gif

Date: 10th March 2010 Venue: The Madejski Stadium

Attendance: 15,704 Referee: Martin Atkinson

Peterborough managed to see of a very good Reading side despite the media spot light prior to the game on Peterborough striker Shane Long, he wasn't named in the starting 11 but was involved on the bench for the game against his former club. Goals from Charlie Lee and Reading old boy Shane Long where enough to beat Reading to lift Peterborough to 10th in the championship and extend there unbeaten run to five games.

Peterborough went ahead in this game well before half of the visiting fans had time to sit down, Charlie Lee brought the ball forward and his solo effort was rewarded when he slot the ball through the legs of Fernandes Bruno.

But Reading soon hit back and got the equalizer, Philippe Coutinho passing through the Peterborough defense to hit his strike into the back of the net, and leaving Thomasz Kuszczak lying on the floor baffled by how the young Brazilian managed to do it all. Thomasz Kuszczak upped his game after conceding and began to pull of some remarkable saves from the Reading front line, both Jordi Alba and Levan Kenia being stopped by the Polish goal keeper. Reading looked menacing as Elierce Souza hit his volley onto the near post. Peterborough where being worked hard and had to step up there game. However, Peterborough did step up there game and at a cost to Reading for not taking there chances Peterborough did score, Charlie Lee with his second of the night. After half time Reading were trailing and a Peterborough goal would see the game most probably be game over for Reading in the close encounter between both sides.

Peterborough where the first to come close in the second half and dominated from the off, a scramble in the six yard box was failed to be poked in my any Peterborough player and was pounced on by the Reading keeper, Fernandes Bruno. Reading midfielder Elierce Souza soon came close again but another strike of his was denied by the post. For the third time in the game, the woodwork was stuck again, Danny Guthrie was denied this time and the frustration was starting to show as Reading players started to loss patience with each other. Fifteen minutes before full time Reading old boy Shane Long was brought of the bench to jeers from the home fans. But Long was the one that secured the 3 points for Peterborough, the Irishmen hammering the ball into the back of the net. The game was drawn to a close by the referee, and Peterborough moved into the top half of the table and dropped Reading even closer to the danger area.
Shane-Long-001.jpg

A very happy Shane Long celebrating after scoring against his former club

Peterborough manager Dan Tomlins said,
We knew when we came into this game that it wasn't going to be easy, and Reading made sure it wasn't easy, but we came out second half and put the game to rest, even though we didn't score till late on we still kept hold of the ball and created many chances. I believe we was unlucky to come out of this with a bigger score line.

Premiership Previews

premier-league-trophy.jpg

We Preview tomorrow games and have a closer look at this sure to be belter of a weekend

Bolton vs Aston Villa-Prediction 1-2

High flying Aston Villa should just edge this game with their fantastic scoring record thanks in part to Ryan Babel and Thaigo Silva. Villa have lost just one of their last 6 to Blackburn. Bolton form has picked up of late thanks to rookie manager Ashh get his team assembled the way he likes it.

Man City vs Chelsea-prediction 2-2

In the highly anticipated came where two giants come and lock horns in which this game has a stalemate written all over it. The two teams who are the richest in the epl spending wise have had contrasting fortunes Chelsea underperforming in 4th City high flying in 3rd

Sunderland Vs Blackburn - Prediction 2-1

In the battle of the surprise packages i think Sunderland will come out on top both Managers have done extremely well with there limited resources and budgets. Both teams have cause shock especially Sunderland beating Liverpool and Arsenal but how long will both sides be able to keep up their good form

Spurs vs Fulham - Prediction 2-0

In this London derby . I think Spurs superior quality in all areas will give them the edge over struggling Fulham. Fulham have only won twice away from home this season but they have won their last two games.

Burnley vs Everton - Prediction 2-1

This is a game of opposite many predict Burnley to be near the bottom but they are in mid-table security and Everton have made a poor start to the season languishing in 12th. But Burnley have only won 2 of the last 6 admittedly the last two. who will turn out victorious we will see.

The rest

West Ham vs Wigan - Prediction 3-0

Wolves Vs Liverpool - Prediction 0-5

Birmingham vs Man Utd - Prediction 0-1

Hull vs Arsenal - prediction 2-1

Pompy vs Stoke prediction0-0

Tottenham Hotspur FC News

Tottenham-badge-01.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur are getting back on track. After a bitter defeat to the hands of Arsenal with the score being 4-1 in the end, Tom Tamburro has vowed to make changes, and thats what he has done. He has bought in players like Benzema, Pires, Cannavaro, Zewlakow and M'Bia. These players have class and abilty, while a couple of them are still young and can run around, the others are experienced and know what they are doing.

Tottenhams last match was against Blacburn in a frendilly. Having both managers having a few words before and both are still tongue in cheek, this game was the one to watch. Tottenham beat Blackburn in the cup the game before so Blackburn would be looking for revenge. Tottenham came out winners though with a 3-1 score. Two of these goals came from M'bia, a man who has scored in both games since joining the Whites.

Tottenhams next match is between Fulham. Fulham are having a bad start to the season, and need to recover if they want to get out the danger zone. Tottenham on the over hand are in form, looking for the title and even a cup or shield, or maybe both. Tottenham though are set to play a weakend side though so they can have a better chance of beating Man City on Monday night to gain a place in the last eight of the trophy.

Tottenham are doing great at the moment, lets see if they can keep up this form and beat Fulham and Man City in the space of 3 days!

Lions_den.png

Welcome to the second edition of Lion's Den. I'm your host Kelly Kelly and joining me in the studio today is our new loan signing Iker Muniain. Also in the studio with me are Ian Mc Garry from the sun and Henry Winter from the Telegraph.

Kelly- Welcome to the show Iker. How much have you enjoyed life at Millwall since moving from Arsenal?

Iker- Thanks a lot for the warm welcome. I have really enjoyed these last two days at Millwall. I think I've settled in quite quickly and I'm rearing to go whenever I'm picked.

Kelly- Does Millwall Fc look more like a team for you. You had offers from other teams but you decided to come here?

Iker- When looking at the teams who wanted me on loan, Millwall looked like the best destination as Millwall's players are of similar age and it would be easier to adapt.

Kelly- I believe that Ian wants to ask you some question.

Ian- So Iker there are a lot of expectation resting on your shoulders for both club and country in the next couple of years. Did you come to Millwall mainly to come to gain some experience or did you come here to get a permanent deal?

Iker- Yes the expectation back in Spain are massive. I made my debut as a sixteen year old and since then, I've been labelled the Spanish Wayne Rooney. As far as asking me if I've come here to get a permanent deal then I have to say that the decision doesn't rest in my hands. If Arsenal want me back Ill return, if not I'll stay here if the gaffa still fancies me.

Ian- Have you been frustrated by the lack of playing time you received at Arsenal.

Iker- Of course. Everybody loves to play and I'm not different but I have to accept that Arsenal have some of the best players on the planet and I had to be patient.

Ian- Last question. Do you still think moving from Spain to England was such a wise move considering how young you are?

Iker- It was one of the toughest decisions I've had to make. When I was at Bilbao, I never dreamt that I would even be a first team player aged 16 but then all the big teams across europe came sniffing and when I got the offer from Arsenal, it was a dream come true to join one of the biggest team. I still remain optimistic that it was the right decision and I hope being at Millwall will get my career back on the right track.

Iker-Muniain-Bilbao-v-Austria-Vienna_2361938.jpg

Iker Munniain described as the spanish wayne rooney

Kelly- Thanks a lot for these questions Ian. I'll now read a couple fo Emails that we've been receiving throughout the day.

John says; Iker do you think you could get us the goals that we've been craving for

Iker- As long as the team wins then I'm sure that the manager will not be bothered about how much we score but it'll be nice if I could help the team get the goal difference a bit higher as it might prove crucial come the end of the season

Liam say; Do you think you are a direct replacement for Antoine Griezmann?

Iker- I hope so. He was on terific form and he will be sorely missed but I hope that I can fill in his boots for the rest of the season.

Kelly- Ok thanks for the answers. Lets now move onto our next journalist. Henry Winter from the Telegraph.

1254079486042_f.jpg

Muniain looking to fill boots of Griezmann who will be out for the rest of the season

Henry- Thanks a lot Kelly. Iker the team currently find itself in the play-offs. Do you think that Millwalll Fc have the strenghts in depth to keep this up until the end of the season?

Iker- To me the play-offs is a very respectable place to be in. We have done fantastically well so far and we need to start turning draws into wins if we want to catch the top tow. I think that the strenghts in depth is here nad we should be able to come with injuries.

Henry- There were a lot of talk that Millwalll did show an interest in you before you signed for Arsenal. What do you know about that?

Iker- I didn't actually know who I was being linked with. I had representatives talk to the interested teams and I was just concentrating on my football. My agent told me there were loands of teams interested and the following day I was told I'm moving to Arsenal.

Henry- You might make your debut tonight. Excoted?

Iker- Actually I can't wait to put on that blue shirt. If I start I'd do my best but there is a lot of competition at Millwall and it's a tough job the manager has to pick the team with such talented players at his disposal.

111511_lodeiro.JPG

Nicolas Lodeiro- one of the best performers so far with 7 goals and 4 assists in 10 games

Kelly- That's it for today. Thanks a lot for tuning in. I'm your host Kelly and I'll see you again here next week. Bye.

kelly,0.jpg

Kelly Kelly closes the show

English Championship 5579 Teams

soccer-manager-logo-b.gif

5579 is one of the most exciting leagues in the world. It has some of the best managers in the game and is one of the hardest leagues there is. This week we show you every team in the Division 1 and predictions from the Tottenham manager Tom Tamburro.

Division 1

1) Aston Villa

Aston Villa have remained top of the table after gaining a point from a tough game against Everton. Aston Villa are having a great season under the special one as he likes to be known. They have bourght some class players including Milito, Keita, Pazzini, Babel and many more. Predicition would be for them to finish 3rd in the league. Other teams are improving in this league and i think they might struggle later on.

2) Liverpool

Liverpool are still in second place after they failed to capitilise on Villa's draw at Everton. Liverpool also drew at West Ham and even the leagues top scorer Hulk couldnt score a second to put them top of the table. Bail has done brilliantly at Liverpool, bringing in players like Higuain, Pato and of course, Hulk. Predicition for Liverpool will be to finish 1st. I think they have a brilliant squad, enough to win anyone in the league.

3) Manchester City

Manchester City have moved up to 3rd in the league after winning Blackburn Rovers 1-0. Man City are also doing brilliantly, and are title chasers this season. They have a player in the name of David Villa, one of the signings of the season, after he has scored 9 goals to take Man City to third. Predicition for me would be them to finish 4th this season, but dont under estimate them.

4) Chelsea

Chelsea are down to 4th in the league which is a bit disapointing for them. Some pundits belived that Chelsea would fly this season but its not looking that way as they lost 2-0 to Bolton, even at home! My predicition would be them to finish 5th, a team which in my opinion shouldnt be there, but with teams improving this season i believe they wont do as good.

5) Tottenham

Tottenham have moved up to 5th now after a brilliant win over Manchester Utd. Tottenham have bought in players such as Benzema and Ronaldinho who are top class. My predicition for my Spurs would be to finish 2nd. I may be a bit biased but i think we have what it takes to finish there. If my new strikers score goals then i could be having a great season.

6) Sunderland

Sunderland have moved up to 6th and are suprising everyone. They won Wigan 3-1 to show why they deserve to finish in the top half. Sunderland manager Alexander Pato has won the last 5 games with Sunderland and after buying Borriello and other top players, they are doing great. Although they are doing great i think 9th place would be perfect for them.

7) Blackburn

Blackburn are doing poor lately and are not doing themselves any justice having a go at other managers due to jealously. They need to pick up things if they wish to make the season memourable. My prediction will be for them to finish 11th this season.

8) Manu

The dissapointing team so far this season are 8th, a team which should really be in the top 3. They have players such as Aguero and even have an in-form Rooney. I think they should finish 6th this season. I feel the early dissapointment of the season will stop them becoming a title challenger.

9) Burnley

Burnly are doing great this season, in the top half and looking good. They have bought in player which are quite decent and are looking great. Unfortuanlly, i think the league will take over them and finish 15th. With teams improving i dont think they have what it takes to finish in the top half.

10) Arsenal

Arsenal are doing the worse out of all the teams expected to do good this season. They are 10th, but should be up there with the best. They need to improve otherwise they will be the under achiever of the season. My prediction will be for them to finish 7th. Still not great but im sure they will be back next season.

11th) Bolton

Bolton are doing alright so far, a team which is playing alright will be in the middle, but im sure they wish they were better in the league. My predicition will be for them to finish 10th aswell. Im sure if they keep playing the way they are they can keep thier position in the league.

12) Everton

Everton are doing poorly as they were expected to be atleast 10th by now. But still, 12th isnt bad. They are a decent team and thier manager is a top bloke capable of many things. My predicition will be for Everton to gain 8th spot. A good team which is capable of that.

13) Wolves

Wolves are doing alright so far this season after people tipped them for relagation. They have an alright team but i feel that the league may be spitefull with them as teams are improving. My precdition will be for them to finish 17th this season.

14) West Ham

West Ham were expected to do great things this season but it doesnt look likely now. They still have a decent team with a great manager who knows the ins and outs of football and can turn things around. My predicition will be them to finish 12th.

15) Pompey

Dissapointing for them this season. Not in the headlines for doing great nor good things but still they are an alright team. My predicition will be for them to finish 16th. They will have to wait for next season if they want to do something better.

16) Wigan

Wigan are doing poor this season. They are not doing great this season and it looks like its going to stay that way. Im my opinion i think that they will get relagated this season, so a finish position of 18th will be on the cards for them.

17) Birmingham

Not doing good this season and are staying that way if you ask me. They dont have that forward that will score them goals. I think they will be in Division 2 next season, so a finish of 19th in my opinion is for them. But could all change.

18) Hull

Hull are in the relagation zone, but i think they could finish 13th, yes i do! If you think thats a suprise, have a look at my other predicition for the team below.

19) Fulham

Fulham are doing bad this season but i think it could all change and i think it will. They deserve to be higher so i think they should finish 14th. Next season should be better for them and i hope it is.

20) Stoke

Stoke are doing poor, rubbish, bad, embarresing and that was just words from the latest fan to watch them. They are bottom, and i think they will finish there, sorry Stoke, someone has to finish bottom.

Final Table for me:

1) Liverpool

2) Spurs

3) Villa

4) Man city

5) Chelsea

6) Manu

7) Arsenal

8) Everton

9) Sunderland

10) Bolton

11) Blackburn

12) West Ham

13) Hull

14) Fulham

15) Burnley

16) Pompey

17) Wolves

18) Wigan

19) Blues

20) Stoke

Blackburn-Rovers-icon.png

Henry wants to know?

Thierry-Henry-prepares-to-001.jpg

In a News Release late last night Henry spoke to a reporter saying he wants to know if he will start the game away at Sunderland. Henry has received some heavy criticism and maybe unfairly so as he has only started one game in league features so far. The manager has been very quiet and Henry wants to know if he has the support of the manager. One thing is for certain with just minutes before kick off leaving out Nikola Kalanic who is the best performer of the Blackburn team would really look unlikey.

Blackburn 'Daft' to leave out Henry!

Thierry-Henry-prepares-to-001.jpg

Tonight, Tottenham manager Tom Tamburro has blasted out over Blackburn. Reports came over that manager Bibi is uncertain about playing Henry. Tom Tamburro said "I understand he doesnt want to leave out a striker on form but Henry in my opinion is the best striker in his sqaud, and all though he isnt on scoring form, he needs time to settle in.

football-league-2.gif

sheffield-united-fc.gif

dfs_wl_eng_blackpool_fc.gif

2-1 WIN TO THE BLADES

Sheffield United Match report for the 13th March

FIRST HALF-Sheffield United s form made them favourites for this tie,but Blackpool had somethink to say about that in the first 20min with a few chances and in the 28 min Blackpool took the lead throught Nilton.After a lomg ball by in the 33 rd min Zheng took the ball well and placed a well balanced volley to make it 1-1.SECOND HALF-In the first 20 min play is pretty even with boths sides having chances.AAron Hunt play in the left of midfields iwas opening up the Blackpool defence,but could get the goal he was seeking.In the 72 second min Blackpool had there last chance to get the winner but failed to capitlise on there chances.5 min from time Zheng with his second of the game from 15 yard s secured the win for the blades.

Even thought Zheng got two goal Zaki was named man of the match for the 7 th time in 17 games

_44972938_zaki_getty300.jpg

LOOKING AHEAD-Sheffield United face Shorpe on Wednesday evening and will expected to take all 3 point again based on current form,but they must turn up and do the hard work or they could be undone, with players like Zaki,Zheng,Hunt and strenght at the back of Zokora and Senderos the blades have to be the favorites for this tie..

mcc3zc.gif

Swansea City 4 - 0 Preston North End

29, Dyer

46, Kone

53, Pereyra

80, Kone

Kone helps Swansea to a great victory, with his 10th and 11th goals this season

Swansea City move up 1 place to 5th after cruising past a poor Preston 4-0, thanks to an Arouna Kone brace.

Swansea are one of three clubs, along with Queens Park Rangers and Bristol City on 29 points so they can't afford to drop any points as they could easily fall out of the play-offs.

They came into the game with a few players rested for Monday's cup clash with Plymouth Argyle. Dean Marney, Zoran Tosic, Rafael Da Silva & Stefano Okaka all missed out with Ferrie Bodde, David Cotterill, Angel Rangel & Juan Pablo Pereyra put into the side in their place.

Ferrie Bodde is handed his 1st league appearance this season, in place of Dean Marney

Preston played a fairly similar side to the side that beat Middlesborough 2-0, with David Beckham being the notable abcentee with Beckham ruled out through injury.

Preston had the games first chance in the game. Paul Parry whipped a high ball into the box, but Callum Davidson could only header Parry's cross across the 6 yard box.

Callum Davidson could only head Paul Parry's cross across the six yard box

Arouna Kone then had Swansea's first shot in the match. Pereyra picked out Kone nicely, but Kone's shot went the wrong side of the post.

Swansea then took the lead though, bringing the game into life, with Nathan Dyer finding the net on the half-hour mark. A cross towards the far post is headed in by 5"5" Nathan Dyer to everyone's suprise. Dyer has been super of late, now scoring in his last three games.

Nathan Dyer gives Swansea the lead, now scoring in his last three for Swansea

The scoreline seemed to get to the Preston players, with Barry Nicholson immeadiatly shown yellow after a poor challenge into the back of the goalscorer, Nathan Dyer.

Swansea would have gone into half-time 2-0 infront if it wasn't for a great double save from Andy Lonergan. Ferrie Bodde was allowed room to strike from 40 yards, but Bodde's strike was brilliantly saved by Lonergan. But the danger wasn't over, as David Cotterill reacted first to the loose ball to go 1 on 1 with Lonergan, but the 26-year old got up quickly to block Cotterill's shot with his feet.

Andy Lonergan makes sure Preston only go into half-time 1-0 behind, with a great double save

But Lonergan's great double save was soon forgotten, with Bodde shot on the edge of the are fumbled by the Preston keeper giving Kone the easiest of chances to poke past Lonergan to put him into double figures for the season.

Kone scores his 10th goal of the season, reacting first to Lonergan's fumble

Swansea almost made it 3-0 on 51 minutes. A scramble in the six yard box almost fell to the lurking Arouna Kone but Richard Chaplow made sure of safety with a punt into row Z.

And Swansea did make it 3-0 just two minutes later, with Juan Pablo Pereyra scoring his 5th goal in all competitions for Swansea since joining from Atletico Tucuman. A long ball over the top from Michel Bastos was met by Juan Pablo Pereyra who controlled the ball before quickly volleying for a superb goal.

Pereyra seals all three points with a great individual goal

Kevin Phillips then had Preston's best chance of a conselation goal, on 56 minutes. Phillips showed some great trickery to go through one on one with Dorus De Vries, but Phillips shot slowly strayed wide of goal to the strikers frustration.

Phillips picks himself up off the floor after failing to take his chance infront of goal

Neil Mellor then had a chance, as Preston kept up a possitive attidute in the way they played. Mellor skipped past Rafael and into the box but the Scouse forward hesitated when it was needed most and Ashley Williams got back with a superb crunching challenge.

Chris Brown had a chance himself, with a chip over the top from Barry Nicholas decieving all of the Swansea defence allowing Chris Brown a great chance. But De Vries was quick off his line just getting to the ball first, heading it out for a throw in.

Sean. St Ledger then thought he was through on goal, but the linesman raised his flag to the defenders frustration. Later replays showed St. Ledger was in line with the last defender.

Sean. St Ledger had a poor offside decision given against him, as everything seemed to go against Preston

Swansea started to pick up the tempo though, a great cross from David Cotterill found Pereyra but the Argentinian couldn't make proper contact with the ball as it looped onto the roof of the net.

But Swansea kept on attacking and did manage to find a 4th goal, with Kone scoring his 2nd of the day and 11th of the season. Another David Cotterill is this time met by the head of Arouna Kone who puts the ball perfectly into the corner and out of reach of Andy Lonergan.

Arouna Kone heads past Longeran to give Swansea a 4-0 lead

Lonergan then had to pull off a great save to prevent Swansea from extending their lead even further. David Cotterill's shot from distance looked to have found the corner, but a super tip over the bar from Lonergan denied Cotterill from scoring.

Next up for Swansea is the Last 16 of the English Cup, as they travel to Home Park facing Plymouth on Monday. Before a crucial league fixture, against close league rivals Leicester City on Wednesday away from home.

Post Match Interview

An empthatic victory at 4-0, but could it have been a much closer game?

Yes, certainly, although it was a fair result. We took our first half chance, and went into half-time 1-0 up. Then the front two got us a couple of early goals in the 2nd half, before Preston had a dominant spell in the game with 3 or 4 chances but they couldn't find the net. Kone rounded things off to make it 4-0, and in the end we took our chances and they didn't. I'm very happy with the players, especially with the front two who took their chances when it was needed.

How much would it mean for you to reach the 1/4's of the English Cup?

It means a lot, to me, the chairman, the players and the fans. Theirs a real buzz about Monday's cup tie and we can expect an away crowd in numbers and in voice. Their will be a lot of quality on display on Monday, and financially it would do a lot of good to the club.

Arouna Kone scored 2 today, now 11 for the season. Is it true that Tottenham have shown interest in Kone?

Tottenham have shown interest in Kone, and i can see why. He's a possible candiate for player of the season. We did a great bit of buisness in buying him so cheaply, and when he hit form there was no doubt that teams would be interested in him. He wont go for anything less than £8,500,000 if he does decide to move on next month, but for now he's full concerned in doing well on the pitch.

Tottenham 3-1 Fulham

karim_benzema_1236583c.jpg

Benzema scores his first goal to send Spurs to 4th.

Tottenham Hotspur proved last night to everyone why they are the ones to watch this season after another win on the bounce. Tottenham were poor at the start of the season, not winning for ages and some people thought that they were going to get relagated, but then manager Tom Tamburro said things would change and thats what exactly happend. He bought in some top players such as Benzema, Cannavaro, Milner, Ronaldinho, Pires and now all that money has paid off with Tottenham now looking to win atleast one trophy this season, whether it be the cup, shield or league.

Things started bad for Tottenham and it shut up the home fans straight away. Kyle Naughton who was having his Tottenham debut put the ball into his own net after 2 minutes. He tried to clear his lines but he missed kicked it and it ended up as an own goal with Gomes not having none of it.

01_klye_naughton_28_851538a.jpg

Things soon picked up 4 minutes later with Benzema scoring his first goal of the season infront of the Tottenham fans. Fulham had a mix up in midfield and soon as the ball fell to Karim Benzema, he finished it with ease.

karim+benzema+olympique+lyon+barcelona.jpg

Then it was Defoe who got the second and put Tottenham in front. He used all his pace and power and confidently put the ball into the back of the net. He is on fire, and may keep Ronaldinho on the side lines for a bit longer.

_39890647_defoe_pa300x245.jpg

Then, Jenas made the win look better with a magnificent goal. He ran from his own half and put the ball into the back of the net. That will stay with him for ever and may even be the goal of his carear.

jenas+goal.jpg

A good win for the whites, it now moves them up to 4th spot. There next game comes tommorow night against Man city in the cup. Can they move into the quarter finals of the competition, we will see.

fulham-fc-icon.png

Fulham Fail to Decive Again.

Spurs 3-1 Fulham

karim%20benzema.jpg

Naughton (og) 2

Benzema 6

Defoe 64

Jenas 72

Fulham stay 19th after a sorry to deaft to an ever improving Tottenham.

Spurs rested most of the players for this game as in there eyes the cup game on Monday was more important. Fulham made one change out going the unfot Shemshov in came Pernia.

With both teams on the back of two staright wins , Fulham got off to a dream start , When a cross was played in Kyle Naughton Misskicked the ball into his own net.

After a mix-up in Midfield enable debuatan Karim Benzema to place a shot in the bottom corner 1-1, game on.

Had Liedson been quicker he could on pounched on the shot which came of Pires.

Michael Owen had a buring chance to put Fulham in the lead but from 25 yards out his left foot shot goes widley over.

Jermain Defoe should have scored when he was 1 on 1 but his shot went agonisgly wide. Half time

After the 2 goals the game has been a bore with little action hopefully it will liven up in the 2nd half.

46 mins gone and Michael Owen has another chance but yet again it goes a-begging.

Doni had to be a full strech to save the long range effort from Benzma.

Defoe used his pace to great effect to spin his marker then he lashed home surely that is came over now.

Jenas after a forging run send the crowd in rapurte Spurs have deserved to win after a great disaply.

Full time Spurs 3-1 Fulham .

cov_crest_navy_disc.jpg

LEADERS SLIP UP

Coventry boss Gadga let the squad know how he felt after saturdays 1-0 defeat against reading, Coventry suffered there 2nd league defeat of the season and gadga wasn't happy... I wanted more from the players since we for some reason we are slow to get into the game, and once again we did it again on saturday with reading taking the lead after 3mins with a curling shot from outside the box scored by Levan Kenia, that was the only highlight of the match, what was more worring for gadga is that coventry only had 9 shots and none of them was on target.. Fans was blaming gadga for not playing Iaquinta, as gadga opted for the two strikers whom are on some kind of form for the skyblues in Minchenkov and Arnautovic, gadga stressed Iaquinta isn't playing well since he came back from injury also he asn't settled in the midlands which why the rumours that he may leave coventry when his tb is up may come true, but with a 14million price tag on him gadga is unsure if clubs will come in for the italian..

Gadga told the local newspaper that there may be a change in formation and a few changes in the squad for the tough trip to sheffield wednesday for the mid week match, whom is going to play up front i don't i still got faith with the two lads that played on saturday and Freddy Eastwood is always in mind..

Pompey Crowned Youth Cup Champions

West Ham United 1 - 2 Portsmouth

Rodriguez,6

Datolo,41

Sissoko,57

Statistics

Date: Sunday 14th March 2010

Venue: Upton Park

Attendance:7,621

Referee: Mohammad Benouza

MOTM: P.Rodriguez(Portsmouth)

pic113147.jpg

Pompey players celebrate winning the cup

Yesterday evening, Portsmouth defeated West Ham United 2-1 to lift the youth cup in it's first appearnce in the English game. Goals from Patricio Rodriguez and Jesus Dataolo had seemingly given the away team a comfortbale victory. However The Hammers fought back and although Mohammad Sissoko pulled one back it wan't to be their day.

jesus_datolo_31.jpg

Datolo shows how much he loves the club after scoring second.

Portsmouth started the game as underdogs and maybe that is what spurred them on to start so well. With 3 minutes gone Datolo was put clean through with only the keeper to beat but his shot hit the outside of the post. Before West Ham could react,they were behind. A delicately precise cross from Yarmonlenko was met with a powerful header from Rodriguez and the ball slammed into the top right hand corner to get the game off to a great start. Pompey continued the onslaught and only fine saves from West Ham keeper Adel kept them in the game. As the half progressed the home side got back into the game with efforts from Gervinho and Otamendi being well saved from Yanko. Then, four mintes from the break a terrible fumble from Adel after a tame shot resulted in the ball landing at the feet of Datolo who slotted the ball home to make it 2-0.

Sissoko.jpg

Sissoko pulls one back for the Hammers but to no avail

The second half started slowly with the away team trying to retain posession. West Ham were determined to pull one back though and that they did when a great cross from the left was headed home from Mohammad Sissoko. The home crowd urged their team on and a snap shot from L.Diarra just flew over. As West Ham searched for the winner they left themselves open at the back. Makeev charged towards goal and was seemingly brought down in the box. However, after the ref consulted this with his linsman nothing was given, infuriating the away dug out. As full time approached the West Ham players seemed resgined to defeat and Portsmouth could have netted a third in the last few minutes but Gervinho finally cleared the ball after a scramble in the box. As the full time whistle went, the away fans danced with delight and there was even a rare smile from manager Patrick Coll. This game proved this competition is definatley a must see for the purists with some fine attacking flowing football on display.

After the game Portsmouth manager Patrick Coll said;

It's a fantatic feeling to win a trophy especially as it's the first of the season plus the competiton has just started this season. I'm extremely pleased for the young lads who have worked ever so hard and really deserve it. I offer my sympthay to Ahmed Gharib and West Ham as they were worthy opponents and play the game the way it should.

Hopefully this win will spur us on in the other competitions aswell. We have a tough tie against Wolves in the FA cup on Monday so we now need to focus on that

Turn 17 - 13/3/10

Bolton Wanderes 2 - 1 Aston Villa

A fine display from Ashley Duffy's white army saw off top of the table Villa 2-1 pushing the birmingham based side down to second now two points a drift of Liverpool who ran out 3-2 winners away to wolves. Aston Villa started the game fastest with former Barcelona player Seydou Keita having two early chance to put the visitors in front , but it was olton who scored first with Victor Obina in only his 3rd game for the club scoring his 1st goal for them with a toe poke over the line after a huge goal mouth scramble. Bolton's lead would not last long however as Seydou Keita got the goal his earlier chances had deserved with a powerful header that beat Jasskelainen in only the 12th minute. Gary Cahill was booked after a 50/50 challange that could of gone either way. A goal of pure beuty and delight came in the 33rd minute when Victor Obina tore the Villa defence to shread before hammering the ball home, sending the crowd wild and the comentator Andy Gray even wilder. The second half was a less eventful period with Villa attempting to get the goal back , but only with dissapointment. Bolton had two more key men booked after Santana and Metzelder both were spoted causing offence outside of normal play. Duffy's men dominated the pssesion and shooting satistics and will now look forward to the game at everton on Wednesday to continue there good run of late and help them push even futher up the table.

Andy Gray -

Obina beats one , he beats a second , he nutmegs Thiago Silva and only has the keeper to beat and his hit it from all of 20 yards what a goal for Obina this is one for the scrapbook. If this isnt goal of the season i have no idea what will be !

Andy Gray gets a little over excited

Next game

Turn 18 - 17/3/10

Everton - Bolton Wanderers

Tottenham Hoping For Cup Glory

FA-Cup-Kent-News-pmqt531.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur are tonight playing Manchester City in the cup and Spurs manager Tom Tamburro is hoping to take the cup home this season. Tottenham Hotspur are always ambitious, and even when they were in the relagation zone they still said they will finish in the top 4. Now, with them up to 4th in the league, thier highest posision so far, they feel they can win the cup.

Tom said "Bringing the cup to White Hart Lane will be a truely remarkable achievment, one in which the club and its players and behind the scenes staff can all be proud of. Ive bought in a few players this week and it looks as if its paid off because we are in some good form. Can we win the cup, we have a great chance yes."

Chedjou class shows as Peterborough win again

ClubLogo.gif 2 - 1 ClubLogo.gif

Date: 13th March 2010 Venue: London Road

Attendance: 13,350 Referee: Jouni Hyytia

Peterborough continued there fine run of form at the weekend thanks to a Chedjou brace was enough to see off Sheffield Wednesday despite Michael Gray getting a late goal to give Wednesday hope. The win see' Peterborough move up to 9th and Wednesday move down to 14th.

Peterborough started brightly with Paul Coutts and Danny Guthrie carved through the defense with some good give and go passing which opened up a wonderful goal scoring opportunity within the first seven minutes of the game. The game soon started to liven up after that moment and Thomasz Kuszczak was forced into some remarkable saves from Henri Saivet, Tommy Miller and Darren Potter. Emmanuel Mbola could of broke the dead lock twelve minutes into the game if his 20 yard strike could of found a way past 17 year old, Matej Delac who watched it go past the post. However, Peterborough didn't have to wait to long for the deadlock to be broken, as a matter of fact only two minutes went by after Mbola's strike before Peterborough managed to put the ball in the back of the net, Aurélian Chedjou scoring his first goal in Peterborough colors racing through the defense to hammer the ball home. Peterborough soon nearly doubled there lead when Jobi McAnuff hit the upper side of the post from his tight angled header, the keeper seemed so relieved.

But Peterborough soon did double there lead, Aurélian Chedjou following up on the rebound of Krisztián Nemeth's strike. Peterborough were in full control of the game and soon nearly got a third goal when Jobi McAnuff finished a brilliant delivery only to be ruled offside.
aurelien-chedjou-55.jpg

An eventful first half saw master class from Chedjou

Wednesday came out second period looking alot better than the first half, putting Peterborough on the back foot immediately after the restart pushing forward and packing a punch at the Peterborough goal only to see Kuszczak deal with it perfectly. Sedric Van der Gun was starting to find more space on the ball and was delivering some brilliant balls into the box but no one could find the finishing touch to the Dutchman's brilliance. Michael Gray soon gave the away fans something to cheer about when he placed a well hit header into the top corner of the net. As Wednesday searched for a equalizer, it didn't come. The full time whistle blew, and Peterborough had one to keep there fine run of form up and moved up to ninth in the table.

Peterborough manager Dan Tomlins said,
Very happy with the result, and very happy with the performance. First half was much better than the second half but we managed to hold the game out till the final whistle and again take the 3 points witch is brilliant for the sides morale and league position.

mcc3zc.gif

Kone Set For Move to Spurs

Kone has been on fire since joining Swansea from Sevilla

Ivory Coast International forward Arouna Kone is reportedly set to join Tottneham Hotspurs next month, with the London club having plenty of cash to spend.

Kone joined Swansea for just £3,900,000 from Sevilla at the beginning of the season, and since joining the club Kone has been the lead man upfront.

Kone has hit 11 goals in 10 appearances in the league, along with this is 7 assists and 5 Man of the Matches with match ratings suggesting that he's been the best player in division 2 this season.

Swansea have said that he can go to any club for £8,500,000, with Tottenham immeadiatly interested in the form striker. Kone is yet to reply to the allegations of a move away from the club.

Milner Blamed For Cup Failure

James+Milner.jpeg

Tottenham Hotpur fans today said they blame Milner for the exit of Tottenham from the cup. Fans said "we are disgraced, he got a red card when we needed all our players. He should of never head butted a player, we are disgraced". Tottenham will have to wait next season if they wish to win the cup.

In other news, Tottenham manager is said to be doing a press conference over the interest of Kone tommorow.

mcc3zc.gif

Swansea delighted to reach the FA Cup Quarter Finals

A Gary Hooper penalty sends Swansea into the 1/4 Final of the FA Cup

Swansea City will face Sunderland in the 1/4 Finals of the FA Cup after they beat Divison 3 side Plymouth Argyle on penalty to the managers delight.

Swansea took the lead early on 6 minutes, with Stefano Okaka being played through on goal with the Italian not going to miss that sort of a chance, making it 1-0 to Swansea.

But Plymouth soon found themselves in the lead, with Chris Clark scoring a brace in the space of just 4 minutes. Clark managed to put the ball under the body of De Vries in a flukey shot, before breaking into the box and finding the far corner.

In the death, Swansea equalised to bring the tie into penalties. A low cross from Zoran Tosic was cleared out back to the Serbian who delivered a much better cross right onto the head of Gary Hooper who headered low and hard to send the tie into penalties.

In penalties Hooper was once again the hero for Swansea, with everyone missing from the spot, Hooper had the chance to win the game for Swansea and he did so finding the top hand corner.

Sunderland will be a different test altogether for Swansea, their on great form with a truely tremendous squad built under there manager. A lot of depth is on display at Sunderland and that could well come into test against Swansea.

The Hartlepool Herald

252_front_small.png35_1197522314.gif7_front_small.png

The Gloves Are Off

Howat all set for top of the table clash.

boxing-punch.jpg

Hartlepool United will be looking to deliver a knockout blow to Brighton this evening.

Hartlepool United manager Andy Howat will be looking to continue his side's tremendous form as the Division Four outfit face off with their promotion rivals, Brighton and Hove Albion. Since taking over the club just three games into the season, Howat has led the team to the fringes of the automatic play-off places, and victory tonight shall see the Monkey Hangers dispose of their Southern rivals in second position. The new boss has revitalised the squad by bringing in a host of new faces, whilst getting rid of almost every single memeber of the original squad, which didn't go down to well with the local fans. But he has gone on to prove that he was right after signing countless young, precocious talents who have improved the overall quality of the squad no-end.

Tonight, Hartlepool shall be facing a Brighton side coached by up-and-coming young manager, Ed Moses - someone who has had a rocky relationship with Howat in the past. Moses has been instrumental to Brighton's early season success, even winning the Manager of the Month award in February for Division Four. But their more recent form has been rocky and they run into a Hartlepool side this evening who are enjoying a good run of form, with just one defeat in their last eight league games. Here's what Howat had to say on Moses, and in preparation for tonight's top of the table clash:
"It's true that Ed and myself have had confrontations in the past, but I respect his achievements thus far with such a poor club like Brighton and Hove Albion. He must be doing something right to turn that bunch of no-hopers into something that resembles more than just an amateur pub team. But let me get one thing straight; I am out to expose that side for exactly what they are, and tonight, my Hartlepool boys will make everyone see that Brighton are just a bunch of southern fairies."

As usual, Howat comes out with his trademark fighting talk, which has won him no friends so far in his tenure at Victoria Park. But his positive, confident attitude continues to be conveyed into the player's minds as they show, week after week, that they are strong candidates for promotion to Division Three.

So, for the thousands in attendance, and the millions watching around the world.....LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLLLLLLLEEEEEEE!

Peterborough trough to the quarters in style

ClubLogo.gif 1 - 4 ClubLogo.gif

Date: 15th March 2010 Venue: Carrow Road

Attendance: 26,022 Referee: Ali Al Mutlaq

Goal's from Shane Long, Charlie Lee and a Cedric Van der Gun brace help Peterborough secure there quarter final place with a 4-1 victory over league one outfit Norwich City at Carrow Road

Peterborough started in brilliant fashion a long rage strike from Paul Coutts was blocked by the keeper only for Shane Long to finish within the opening four minutes with a poachers goal. Paulo Barreto soon had the best chance of the half for Norwich but his strike at goal was saved by Joe Lewis, and Barreto failed to get the rebound. Five minutes after Barreto came close, Jobi McAnuff could of scored, his moving in the box was brilliant but he couldn't find the final touch to get the ball away from him to get a shot on goal, and was soon hit by a crunching tackle from Michael Nelson. Peterborough doubled there lead 10 minutes before half time, a wonderful volley from Charlie Lee went flying past the helpless Fraser Forster in goal. Anthony McNamee soon came close for the Canaries but his shot was saved onto the post by Joe Lewis.

The second half started well for the home fans, but minutes after Jack Whilshere was brought down in the box, and penalty claims where waved away Peterborough hit the woodwork, a wonderful free kick from George Boyd was unlucky not to go in. Peterborough made it 3-0 just before the hour mark, Cedric Van der Gun hit the ball earlier than the Norwich keeper expected and just stood there as the ball dipped under the 21 year old. Fraser Forster was nearly soon beaten again but the youngster was at full stretch and tipped the ball over the bar. Peterborough continued there rout and Cedric Van der Gun nearly got a second of the night but the keeper was equal to it. He soon had his second of the night 5 minutes later, heading in a wonderfully placed cross from Jobi McAnuff. Danny Guthrie and George Boyd both came close within a matter of minutes but both failed to hit the target. Norwich finally hit the target 10 minutes before full time, Anthony McNamee who had been troubling the Peterborough defense for the majority of the game had finally got something for Norwich fans to smile about. The referee called the game to a holt and Peterborough where through to the quarter final's. Tomlins was delighted along with the staff, players and fans.
3495199604_80e0df79a3.jpg

Players all celebrate there achievement

Peterborough manager Dan Tomlins said on the result,
It's a great achievement for myself as an individual but also a great achievement for the club. I'm more than happy with the players performance tonight, only really one word for how they preformed tonight and that's Outstanding.

When finding out who he had Birmingham City in the quarter finals he said,
It'll be hard, but we won't say no to a challenge, the players will be ready for Birmingham, but will they be ready for us?

milton-keynes-dons-fc.png

Manucharyan set to join the Dons

Jonny Eller has confirmed the signing of young Armeniean forward Manucharyan on a 4-year deal. Manucharyan is regarded as one of Armenians hottests prospects and Eller's weeling and dealing has paid off.

PRO_448565_EdgarManucharyan.jpg

As Manucharyan arrived at Milton Keynes having expressed his desire to do well at the club at London Airport, he was ushered in as fans craved to get the young footballers signature.

Manucharyan has had a good season for his current club after scoring 6 goals in 6 games for his club. Eller has picked out a rare prospect and hopefully he will be able to fill the shoes of out-of-favour Jermaine Easter. Easter has been linked with a move to Rotherham United.

0,,10420~6843375,00.jpg

Easter on his way out?

Former Bradford City has also secured the loan deal for Alexis Thebaux from Sunderland, Franck Tabanou and Reis Wellington both from Portsmouth. All three are set to start their debut against Tranmere Rovers. Kirev has also joined from Juventus on an Undisclosed Fee.

________

Csi: miami dicussion

17th march

divison 2

11ub8eg.jpg VS 2yngj2b.gif

Its the game of the night tonight at the walkers as leicester and swansea will take to the pitch.

both clubs have been quite sucessful so far this season, and both clubs will be looking to get one over on each other tonight.

Some say leicester are going to have to hit the back of the net more if they are to fulfill there potential and reach the big time.

The same cannot be said for swansea after a slow start to there season Aidan radfrod has got them playing some free flowing footballand they are scoring goals for fun.

TEAM NEWS

11ub8eg.jpg

LEICESTER CITY-

Wesley and Bunjaku are expected to start for leicester tonight granero coming back in after being rested at the weekend

After leicester 2-1 win at the weekend ended a poor run of form and manager humphries will be hoping granero can recapture his form that he was showing

at the begining of the season while hoping his defence can stand upto the pressure of facing the most potent man in Division 2.

2yngj2b.gif

SWANSEA

Kone and Okaka are likeley to start up front tonight for swansea while much of the same team is expected that beat

preston north end at the weekend.

After the thumping of preston aidan will be praying kone will be able to continue his form to the leicester game and push on further to put more pressure on the top 2

Leicester's Main Man Vs Swansea'a Main Man

2ec0lm0.jpg VS fbb1n8.jpg

WHO WINS SM DECIDES