English Championship 5579 -Match Report/Transfer Gossip Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 -Match Report/Transfer Gossip Thread

Soldado: 'I Want Out'

Wednesday, 28th April 2010

o_real_madrid_roberto_soldado-28931.jpg

Soldado Pounced On By Press

In a press conference today Spanish forward Roberto Soldado unvieled he was unhappy at Anfield and has requested a move away from the current title favourites.

Soldado who signed for Liverpool at the start of the season has failed to get himself in manager Bail's good books and has only started ten games with only three goals. And with player's like Tevez and Pato in the lineup it is clear that Roberto will gain little playing time in England.

The 24 year old handed in his transfer request today and is thought to be available for around 11m. Bail said 'It is a shame Roberto will be leaving us but I will support him no matter what team he goes to, I fully understand his feelings'. It is unclear yet whether Soldado will stick it out with Liverpool until the end of the season or whether he leaves in the coming weeks.

Rumours from the last few days say that Liverpool failed in an attempt to sign former City player Nigel De Jong who snubbed Anfield for Blackburn earlier in the week. It is believed that Liverpool are still on the hunt for a central midfielder with only three players available and struggling to fill the position every week. It is not yet sure who they will move for though.

mcc3zc.gif

Blackpool 2 - 1 Swansea City

21, Diego Tardelli

59, Diego Tardelli

68, Ilan

The Big Picture

Diego Tardelli strikes twice as Blackpool pull of a shock with Swansea falling to their third defeat in there last four games

Swansea City couldn't back up a rare result of late against QPR as they fell to defeat away to Blackpool in a game that they were huge favourites going into.

Swansea's stars didn't play to the best of there abilities, in what will be there last game before they face Bolton in the Shield Final whilst although not dominating the game, Blackpool were clinical and with a little luck they secured a vital three points.

The Jacks have been in poor form since the Shield Semi-Final, losing to Cardif just two days after thrashing the Bluebirds in the Shield. They then managed to beat QPR but that seems to only be a small patch of form as that was backed up by a defeat away to the tangerines.

Leiva Lucas returned to the Swans starting line-up in the place of Darron Gibson. Whilst the rest of the team was unchanged, with Phil Bardsley watching from in the away end whilst Rafael started at right-back.

Lucas returns to the starting line-up after recovering from a minor injury

Victor Guiliano looked to be set to give Blackpool the lead with just three minutes played but he was brought to a halt with the linesmans flag being raised. Guiliano was just a few yards out from goal, and looked to be onside but the linesman ruled the Brazilian offside.

Then Swansea were within yards of taking the lead with the ball slowly rolling into the goal but Rogerio Ceni got back to save the day for Blackpool. Gabriel Agbonlahors flick on was put over Ceni who was well off his line but he got back to keep the scores level.

Santa Cruz wasn't far from giving Swansea the lead soon after. Zoltan Gera chipped the ball into the box, with Santa Cruz flicking the ball towards the far corner with Rogerio Ceni flat-footed but the ball went just wide of the target.

Soon after though and Blackpool took the lead despite De Vries barely having a save to make. A long ball was played up field, with Phil Jagielka heading away from his six yard box but it wasn't put clear with Diego Tardelli rising unmarked to head past De Vries.

Tardelli celebrates giving Blackpool the lead

Then Swansea failed to react to going behind, with barely a chance before half-time. Santa Cruz found himself in plenty of space towards the end of the first half though, but failed to capatilise drlling a shot well wide of the target in a poor effort for the Paraguayan.

It's just not Roque Santa Cruz's day, as he finds himself in plenty of space only to fail to find the target

Gabriel Agbonlahor looked to get Swansea back into the game with a great cross but it decieved everyone and out of touch. Agbonlahor looked to get down the wing, and made a great cross into the box with Santa Cruz & O'Hara both failing to make contact with the cross.

Then Blackpool doubled there lead as Swansea looked to be out of the game on the hour mark. Diego Tardelli once again on target, pouncing on a loose ball to volley past De Vries for his 11th league goal of the season.

Diego Tardelli scores his 11th of the season to give Blackpool a 2-0 lead

Immeadiatly Ilan was brought on from Colin Kazim Richards to try and get Swansea back into the game. Gera also pushed further forward as Swansea changed to a 4-2-4 formation as they went all out to try and get something out of the game.

And 8 minutes after bringing Ilan on, Ilan found the net as Swansea were in with a chance of putting the game level with 20 minutes remaining to find the goal they needed.

Ilan lost his marker with a darting run of the ball, and when the cross arrived Ilan was unmarked and he thumped the ball under Rogerio Ceni to give Swansea some hope of getting something from the game.

Ilan gets one back for Swansea, to give them some hope of getting something from the fixture

Then Swansea looked to have won a penalty with Zoltan Gera tripped in the box but the referee waved play on. Gera brought the ball around Ceni, but was tripped by the hands of the Brazilian keeper but the referee deemed Gera to have token a dive.

Gera was brought down in the box, only for the referee to wave play-on

There was still one save for Rogerio Ceni to make, but he dived to his right to prevent Agbonlahor from giving Swansea a point. Agbonlahor struck from just outside the box but Ceni was at his best to make the save.

The defeat leaves Swansea's advantage over 7th spot cut to 7 points. Whilst despite QPR & Coventry slipping up they haven't gained an advantage over the team above them although Newcastle also slipped up.

Next up for Swansea is a must win game despite a weakend side expected to play, as they face Shorpe United at the Liberty Stadium. With only Jamie O'Hara & Rafael Da Silva expected to play from the squad that lost to Blackpool.

This of course is then followed up by Swansea's game of the season, with them facing Bolton at Wembley in what will be an epic Shield Final. Bolton are huge favourites, but Swansea have a chance of pulling off an upset.

Post Match Interview

A dissapointing defeat, what's the reason for the inconsistancy in the squad?

I'm not too sure, but there's not just one specific reason for the slump in form. Everyone has bad patches, and at the moment were in one but we need to make sure that it's a short spell. There's always the Shield Final on everyones minds and although were looking to keep it off the players mind untill we prepare for the tie there's no doubt that it would be on the players minds whether we like it or not. We feel we can get back onto form and win the majority of the remaining matches to finish in a play-off position though.

Will many more players like Phil Bardsley be joining the club in the next few days?

That's very doubtfull. Bardsley was needed to strengthen the defence but at the moment were happy with our squad and confident that another player of Bardsley's quality is not needed to be brought in. There is one or two young English players that we will look to bring in pretty soon though, relying on a few sales before hand.

So a couple of players are set to leave then?

Yes, a couple of deals for players leaving the club are not far from completion and we will be announcing them over the next couple of days. We wont release any names just yet, but a couple of players are in talks abroad about leaving the club. There a few players who are on the transfer list though, which we've yet to recieve any interest for although i'm sure that someone will come along with a reasoable bid in the next day or two.

Coventry-City.jpg

FANS TURN ON GADGA

After the last few bad results for Coventry the fans have turned on manager Gadga stating that he has no clue what he is doing, during the second half against Doncaster the Coventry fans that travelled away was booing and singing Gadga out, Yesterday in on the local sports phone in on Coventry fm fans was saying that they want a manager there whom knows what he is doing..

paul from coventry,

To me Gadga has done a great job and bought in some good players, we can't blame the manager for the resultsits the players we should balme.

Kacey from Coventry

The manager Gadga was alrite for most of the season then he sold Iaquinta thats when we lost form.. bring back Iaquinta..

Dave c

Every club is aloud to lose games come on, the problem is its how we lose and whom against, if we cant beat clubs whom are struggling in the league and can't beat any of the top 6 we don't deserve to go up.. Gadga should do the decent thing and resign and go and manage a div 3 or 4 team..

Gadga's response

Fans can have there moans and say what they want, they arn't in charge, i can understan there frustration we have had an amazing run for what 20 - 22 games and lost form, but i can tell you that they won't give up, they give everything, ok we lost a few matches but we arn't out yet there is what 8 games to go, we will be there trust me.. i know my players...

mcc3zc.gif

Pereyra & Arel Sold for Funds

Pereyra ends a short spell at Swansea, with funds needed for young British talent

Swansea City have completed the sales of Juan Pablo Pereyra & Gal Arel as they look to sell a number of players in order to bring in some young British talents which are being closely followed by Swansea.

Pereyra joins Atletico Tucuman for a fee of £2,000,000 which a small profit on what Swansea paid for Pereyra at the beginning of the season. Pereyra will be missed as a fans favourite in his time at Swansea, with 4 goals in 10 league appearances.

Pereyra wasn't always a regular in the Swansea side, but whenever he appeared for the Jacks he showed his qualtiy and proved a very good buy. He'll now return to Argentina and will look to become a hit once again back in South-America.

Gal Arel has returned to Israel were he rejoins former club Hapeol Hafia for a fee of £420,000. Arel joined the club for £550,000 but didn't get along with boss Aidan Radford and was immeadiatly shipped out on loan.

He made 6 appearances for Torquay in a loan spell before rejoining Hapeol, wher although Swansea are making a loss they are concentrated in cutting there losses and bringing in the right players and selling those who the Swans boss has seen no progress in.

THE SEASON 1 SWANSEA JACK SPONSORED F.A CUP

FINAL REVIEW - THE SEASON OF THE BLACK CATS!!!

Would you have belived Sunderland would win the FA Cup this season when we set off earlier on? Doubt it too. Diego Maradona (not the real one dont worry :) and his Sunderland players have created their own little bit of history Monday night after they torn the rest of the field apart to storm to Cup glory. Was it ever in doubt?

1221576017_car_wash_girls.jpg

FT - SUNDERLAND 3-2 MIDDLESBROUGH

It was a game well thought up of before hand, and in terms of goals and chances made - it didnt let us down. It all began with kevin Cruise's English national Anthem. It carried on with a miniture fireworks display - greeting the players onto a capacity Wembley stadium. Then we had a dramatic slip by Kenwyne Jones when he went to shake the referees hand. Things had alredy taken off literally! :)

The first goal came from the visitors against the odds as Barrios put Boro in the lead after 29 minutes. Could they possibly hold on??? Forget holding on. Matri - Middlesbrough's top Cup scorer this season put in a late bid for the Golden Boot with a goal on the hour mark! It really was on! 30 minutes to go until Boro's finest night arrives.

Then we realise why Sunderland have got Maradona as their coach. He twiddled and twisted his mind to think of a way back - if there was ever to be one. Sunderland needed hope more than expectation. The fans were contemplating leaving early unexpectedly. Passes were heading astray. Heads dropped more and more and Boro fans were debating whether to dare belive.

Then... The ball arrives to a Sunderland star man - Borriello - he weaves in and out fires a shot and it goes in off the left post! Sunderland all of a sudden have got 20 minutes to save their soles. Boro now hit nerves. Turning point? You guessed it! It was only the matter of minutes until we were level at 2-2! A fine individual effort from Italian hitman Luca Toni gave Sunderland an extremly unlikely psychological advantage here at Wembley! Boro went from nerves to something words cant describe. Maybe tears? Yes you can guarentee that on the 8th minute. Borriello gave Sunderland the lead with a delightful passing exchange with his team mates before slotting it past the hopeless Boro keeper who didnt have the greatest of nights. What character from Sunderland though?!

Whistles and jeers from the Sunderland support was evident in injury time as Boro pressed... But then it went! Sunderland claim the cup!!!

sunderlandmain_516x3_41875a.jpg

We managed to catch up with an almost speechless Diego Maradona on the pitch at full time - pre to the cup presentations.

Q: Many Congratulations Diego on your victory, has it sunk in yet at all?

It has sunking in for my part, but the players are far from it. Just look behind me! Everyone drinking Champagne! Its unreal!

Q: Did you belive that - with the single division difference, you'd win?

I had some expections on my team about the final. I don't want to take anything for granted and kept my players motivated by making some drastic changes in the starting lineup, so that some of the players that almost never plays, got a chance in the final.

Q: With such a wide open tournament, would you of imagined facing Boro in the final?

To be honest - no. I thought that I would face a Div 1 in the final. Many of the bigger teams in Div 1 this year hasn't been living up to the expectations. I thought that if they realized that they aren't going to win the league, they would go in full-hearted in the Cup, but to my and many others shock, we saw a Div 2 team in the final. Credit to them though for making it this far, they deserve it!

Q: The last trophy this club won was the Coca Cola Championship! Youve topped that tonight havent you?

When I first arrived I wanted to bring in some players with winning-mentality. That's why we saw a big drastic change at the north-east. Nobody thought that we would be this good this year, but we have shocked many, haven't we?

Q: Kenwyne Jones has won his own award from this competition. The Golden Boot Award. How important has he been?

Jones was always an inspiration to us on the field, but he had some personal problems with me an some of the players in this squad. That's why we sold him. I have to give him credit though for scoring so many goals even though he didn't play the whole cup.

Q: And Finally, does this mean more spending this close season?

You know what they say - don't change a winning team. I won't be making some big spending next season. I am happy with my current squad and they have the future for themselves. I will try to improve some areas though. Soon you know which....

Q: Well look Diego, its your night tonight! Well Done, go and enjoy it up there lifting the Cup!!!

SUNDERLAND - THE ROUTE TO GLORY

aussie_carwash.jpg

Sunderland's Road To The Trophy!

ROUND 1 = 1 VS 0 - Ipswich Town

ROUND 2 = 1 VS 1 (on pens) - Wigan Athletic

ROUND 3 = 1 VS 6 - Cardiff City

LAST 16 = 0 VS 1 - Preston N.End

QUARTER FINALS = 2 VS 2 - Swansea City

SEMI FINALS = 2 VS 2 - West Ham United

THE FINAL = 3 VS 2 - Middlesbrough

CHAMPIONS - SEASON 1 - Sunderland (Diego Maradona)

LATEST FA CUP'S BOOKIES ODDS! (FROM SKYBET) - SEASON 2

Liverpool - Evens

Manchester United - 7/5

Sunderland - 10/5

Chelsea - 10/6

Arsenal - 15/11

Tottenham - 17/2

Manchester City - 20/4

fa_cup1.jpg

THIS CAN ONLY BE EC 5579!!!!

THAT BRINGS THE END TO THE SWANSEAJACK SEASON 1 FA CUP CUP - WE'LL BE BACK WITH SEASON 2'S EDITION - BUT FOR NOW!

EC 5579

Mystic-Meg-001.jpg

Complete League Overview

Taking the last 6 games played and applying that form to the final 8 games of the season, the divisions would end up like this:-

The Title Race – All Divisions

Div One

Current Standings after 30 games played

1st Liverpool – 63pts

2nd Sunderland – 60pts

Final Standings after 38 games played

1st Sunderland - 81pts

2nd Liverpool – 79pts

After such a strong season, Liverpool to fail right at the death?

Div Two

1st QPR – 57pts

2nd Coventry – 56pts

1st Watford - 69pts (better GD currently)

2nd QPR – 69pts

With Coventry’s form at present and Watford currently on fire, could they upset QPR’s apple cart to clinch top spot?

Div Three

1st Millwall – 63pts

2nd Norwich – 61pts

1st Millwall – 83pts

2nd Norwich – 78pts

These two will take it all the way, but Millwalls strength and dominance at the top will see them prevail.

Div Four

1st Shrewsbury – 66pts

2nd Brighton – 63pts

1st Brighton – 87pts

2nd Shrewsbury – 80pts

Seeing as I’m managing Brighton I can’t say a word!

Obviously it’s just a bit of fun, but that would mean of the teams currently topping each division, only Millwall have the current form to stay there until the end of the season!

One result the wrong way for anyone and it all changes again , but the closest division at present is Division 2 – where it looks like its so tight that goal difference is likely to decide the title.

The Promotion Spots – All Divisions

Division Two

3rd Watford – 56pts

4th Swansea – 52pts

5th Newcastle – 51pts

6th Leicester – 49pts

3rd Coventry – 61pts (better GD currently)

4th Swansea – 61pts

5th Leicester – 61pts

6th Newcastle – 59pts

Not much movement here, but Watford storming up the table would see Coventry slip from automatic promotion into the playoff spots. Bad news for those already there, especially Newcastle who also drop a spot.

Division Three

3rd Charlton – 58pts

4th Derby – 56pts

5th Barnsley – 53pts

6th Plymouth – 49pts

3rd Derby – 72pts

4th Charlton – 70pts (better GD currently)

5th Southampton – 70pts

6th Barnsley – 63pts

Its Plymouth who look like missing out on a playoff birth, Southampton showing a storming finish to the season to clinch the last spot and with that type of form to get there you would not want to face them in the knock out stages.

Division Four

3rd Hartlepool – 58pts

4th Swindon – 55pts

5th Carlisle – 54pts

6th Bradford – 49pts

3rd Hartlepool – 71pts (better GD currently)

4th Carlisle – 71pts

5th Swindon – 69pts

6th Bradford – 67pts

Things really tighten up at the business end of the season – a goal could be all that’s need to keep or drop out of the play off positions. One things for sure, the knock out stages for the last promotion spot out of Division Four is impossible to call.

The head to head’s after that for the play off finals are anyone’s guess, but based purely on form and final standings the prediction is that each team finishing third would get promoted.

The Relegation Spots – All Divisions

Division One

18th Hull – 31pts

19th Wolves – 29pts

20th Stoke – 18pts

18th Burnley – 38pts

19th Wolves – 30pts

20th Stoke – 23pts

Stoke are already all but down, but its Hulls miraculous escape that will get the headlines as Burnley drop out of the top flight.

Division Two

18th Sheffield Weds – 32pts

19th Shorpe – 29pts

20th Crystal Palace – 27pts

18th Sheffield Weds – 42pts

19th Peterborough – 41pts

20th Crystal Palace - 28pts

With their current position and poor form Palace wont survive in the division. Above them Peterboro’s form looks to equal relegation as Shorpe escape, but real drama at Sheffield Weds see them only go down on goal difference, West Brom only just staying up on the last day.

Division Three

18th Exeter – 30pts

19th Oldham – 22pts

20th Huddersfield – 21pts

18th Bristol – 31pts

19th Oldham – 30pts

20th Huddersfield – 25pts

Its as you were for the bottom two, but Bristol’s current form of 1 point from 18 see’s them drop into the final relegation spot and save Exeter’s blushes.

mcc3zc.gif

Swans beat Posh & Blades to Sign German

Antonio German has joined Swansea, despite Peterborough & Sheffield United also looking to sign the forward

Swansea City have announced the signing of 19 year old striker Antonio German for a fee of £200,000 as Swansea beat off competition from fellow Divison 2 clubs Peterborough United & Sheffield United to sign German from Aldershot Town.

German was sold to Aldershot by Queens Park Rangers at the start of the season, and has showed his potential at Aldershot with a number of teams interested in signing the forward.

Swansea have been tracking German for a long time now, and did attempt to sign him earlier on in the season although they backed out of a deal when Peterborough looked to start a bidding war, with Peterborough soon dropping out of the deal aswell.

But with Arel & Pereyra completing there moves away from Swansea, cash was availible for Swansea to approach Aldershot for German once again, with German being Swansea's main target in a week where three or four players will be brought into the club.

When a bid was made by Swansea though, both Sheffield United & Peterborough both made rival bids for German. With Swansea forced to up there bid from £70,000 to £200,000.

They weren't convinced that the figure would be enough though, but to the suprise of Swansea boss Aidan Radford the £200,000 bid was enough to secure the signing of German.

He was delighted to have brought German into South Wales for that sort of fee, as he hints that perhaps Sheffield United & Peterborough hadn't been watching German as closely as they had and that one of the two clubs didn't match their £200,000 bid.

German is glad to have joined Swansea, where he'll look to have a succersfull spell at the South Wales club. German will be training from the strong Swansea youth squad for the next couple of seasons, where he'll be working with the likes of Jonathan Franks, Aaron Wildig & Adam Barton for the time being.

Guest 1CapWonder

SoccermanagerTimescopy.jpg

Against All Odds

_45408620_bournemouth512.jpg

8 Games To Save Oldham Athletic FC

A humiliating 1-5 defeat at home to Plymouth Argyle hurt Oldham fans more than a kick in the teeth. This setback was unexpected, unbelievable, and to manager E.J Sutcliffe, unacceptable. No side of Sutcliffe's lose 1-5. No side of Sutcliffe's lose 1-5 in front of their own fans. The manager apologised as he left the pitch. An apologetic wave told the story. The job he inherited, had just got a lot harder for the young boss. The impossible task, just got more impossible. Oldham are down and out. The consensus is that they won't survive. The consensus is that they can't survive. 8 points from safety, with 8 games remaining. Should Oldham go down, Sutcliffe will be ridden with hurt. Taking Oldham when they were slumped at the bottom of the 3rd division, he promised change. In little time, he delivered, with improved performances and improved results. There was hope. One defeat and now there is doom and gloom. The mood change echoes how close this league is, and how one good result can change a season. One bad result, can end one.

?type=display

Sutcliffe apologised for his side's poor showing

Tomorrow night, Oldham face yet another make or break game. 2 weeks ago, Sutcliffe welcomed Gillingham to Boundary Park, knowing a loss would effectively end his hopes for survival. He won. Tomorrow, he travels down to Bristol, to play the Rovers, knowing a win for them, would effectively end any hope of Oldham catching them. Should Gillingham sneak a home win against Southampton, relegation would be more than just a probability. It would be a likelihood. It would be a fate. Sutcliffe doesn't want that. Neither do Oldham. 8 games. 8 points. The miracle worker, must now, find a miracle.

a9xqgg.png

Late McCormack goal

saves Bluebirds blushes

ClubLogo.gif 3 - 3 ClubLogo.gif

Date: 28th April 2010 Venue: Cardiff City Stadium

Attendance: 19,270 Referee: Tom Sawyer

Peterborough's top ten push took a major blow on Wednesday night as a late Ross McCormack goal denied Posh the three points which we're much need in a 3-3 draw.

An excellent start by Peterborough which saw two goal scoring opportunities go wide of the Cardiff goal was deflated when Cardiff took the lead twelve minutes into this crucial game, Peter Whittingham finishing of a slick passing move in style as he calmly slots the ball into the net. But there lead didn't last, the first chance after Cardiff took the lead and Peterborough were level, a miss hit strike from defender Martin Olsson squirmed under the Cardiff keeper, Ben Foster and travelled over the line for Olsson's first goal of his Peterborough career. Peterborough nearly put themselves ahead again five minutes later when Cardiff defender Gavin Rae's poor defending allowed Shane Long to get in on goal and smash a shot low only for Cardiff goalkeeper, Ben Foster to get a hand to it to direct it out for a corner to his relief. There was no major pressure on either goal for a good twenty minutes until a goal mouth scramble eventually came to an end when Danny Guthrie managed to poke the ball home to Cardiff's frustration. The goal gave Peterborough a push to go and double there lead and the goal to do that nearly came soon after when Mike Williamson's bright run forward and ended as soon as he received the ball by the linesman who raised his flag for a tight offside decision which could of gone either way.

Cardiff managed to equalize after the break, Mark Kennedy's leap high to head home from a Paul Quinn corner to bring the Blue boys level for the second time in the game which infuriated Peterborough manager Dan Tomlins who seemed disgusted at his sides costly defending from the sideline. Matin Olsson was shown yellow on 49 minutes after a rash challenge on Ross McCormack. Ten minutes later Peterborough boss Dan Tomlins decided to make a double change bringing bother Danny Guthrie and Krisztián Nemeth off and replacing them with Jobi McAnuff and Zavon Hines. Jobi McAnuff made the difference as a through ball into Charlie Lee who strike it hard and low to put Peterborough ahead with only fifteen minutes to keep up the tempo on Cardiff and cancel them out of getting another equalizer. Peterborough were lucky to not double there lead ten minutes before full time as a Kyle Naughton drive was tipped over the bar by Ben Foster. Cardiff began to put pressure on Peterborough who couldn't seem to get the ball away to safety, this soon nearly cost Peterborough as Stephen McPhail strike hit the side netting to Peterborough fans relief. But that relief turned into disappointment within a minute when a brilliant through ball was latched onto my Ross McCormack who only had the keeper to beat which he did wonderfully to save Cardiff to there 16th defeat of the season.
ross-mccormack_1564912c.jpg

McCormack delighted, runs of to celebrate with the home fans after a manic match

Peterborough manager, Dan Tomlins:
"Tough result to take, we should of won, we had the better chances but credit to Cardiff for not giving up and we have to go back to Peterborough and regroup ready for Queens Park Rangers at the weekend" "We just need to get some more points on the table before confidence begins to dry up and we slip into the dreaded relegation spots which is something we all want to avoid"

69_1203488261.gif

The Iron News

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

We Will Survive, Insists Johansson

NEWS_1263059659_sinisa.jpg

(Swedish Tactician Daniel Johansson Faces A Though Task Of Keeping Shorpe Up)

Daniel Johansson is normally a confident man, some say he's over confident, while others say he's cocky, but Daniel Johansson has publicly admitted that The Iron's will stay up, if they can get decent results in their last 8 games. Shorpe will face Swansea City at the Swansea City and they are expected to play a weekend team due to the Carling Cup final against Bolton on Monday night, but Johansson urges the team not to get complacent, but he still thinks he can get all the 3 points.

Swansea City are a great team' date=' regardless if they play their strongest or their weakest teams. Now, Swansea are expected to play a weakened team, some teams get complacent because of this, but our's won't. We'll play them just like we play other teams normally, we won't just sit back and take it easy, we'll attack from the begging from the game and constantly pressurise them. Hopefully, we can get the result needed, a victory and I'm pretty confident that will happen.[/quote']

mihajlovic_allenatore_bologna.jpg

(Johansson Is Expecting Another Victory)

When talking about the rest of the games, Johansson feels that most of these game are winnable, but he insists that they will be tough games and the defence have to be unbreakable. Since Johansson took over, The Irons have conceded 13 goals in 5 games and they have only kept 1 clean sheet, which is deemed not good enough for Johansson's standards. He also said that Hans-Jörg Butt, the captain of Shorpe United, has the toughest job in the team and he's confident that he'll save Shorpe United, single handily.

Well' date=' looking at the rest of the games, I feel confident that we can win most of them, as long as we stick to the game plan, then I'm fairly confident. But, our defence certainly needs improvements, they need to be unbreakable because conceding 13 goals in 5 games is not good enough, our fate and destiny could rely on goal difference. Butt will have to give 1,000,000%. Goalkeeping is a tough job in football and in his situation, he has to thrive under the pressure and hopefully, he'll save Shorpe United single handily. [/quote']

9113696,pd=1,w=568,mxw=600,mxh=400,h=400.jpg

(Butt Will Be Shorpe's Saviour)

mcc3zc.gif

Swans Boss Looking for Strong Display

Ilan is set to start tonight, as Swans boss Aidan Radford is looking for a strong display with a weakend side

Swansea City boss Aidan Radford is looking for a strong display from his players tonight, as a weakend squad is once again set to take to the field with the Shield Final on Monday in the mind of the Swans boss.

When his second squad has featured recentley, they've failed to perform. With losses against Doncaster & Cardiff either side of there English Shield Semi-Final victory.

His second squad will need to do a lot better according to the Swans boss either side of the English Shield Final if there going to be in a position where they can finish the season were they currently are, in the play-offs.

He knows that he side he will be playing tonight will have the quality to beat Shorpe, at the Liberty Stadium, and he will be playing an open minded strategy were he will look to pick up all three points with the likes of Jamie O'Hara & Ilan set to start.

The first side needed a win on Wednesday to ease the pressure on the two leagues games against Shorpe & Crystal Palace were weakend sides will be played but they couldn't as they fell to a dissapointing 2-1 defeat away to Blackpool.

So a win will be needed to today against a much improved Shorpe side under Daniel Johansson who have been tipped to survive relegation by Swans boss Aidan Radford.

Radford has said that Shorpe have more than enough quality to stay in the divison under there new manager, and realistically had he took charge sooner they would be a strong mid-table side but at the moment he'll look to keep them in the division.

He said that the Swede has done a great job so far, and brought in the right players at the right time to stay afloat and Shorpe are blessed to have a manager like him in charge.

In the days of Jack Lee's earlier on in the season, Swansea eased to a treble over Shorpe in three days althouh the Swans boss has said that the Shorpe squad back then was far from a fraction of the squad it is now.

He'll look for a strong match from a weakend squad, to give them every chance of finishing in a play-off spot although he feels Daniel Johansson's Shorpe will be a huge test before the Shield Final.

There could yet be an arrival heading through the door in Swansea's direction though, as a deal is set to be finalised for a quality forward and very soon although there not counting on him arriving in time but he will be expected to make his debut against Crystal Palace.

Goal Machine Seydou Doumbia completes his £7 million move to Millwall

u1_seydpu.jpg

Yesterday it was confirmed that Millwall had completed the signing of 22 year old Ivory Coast international Seydou Doumbia for a fee of £7 million from BSC Young Boys. Doumbia is likely to play a big part in the run in for Millwall and his manager believes that he'll be a massive hit in England. Having hit the back of the net 29 times in his last 28 games for his previous club, Parker believes that there will be a lot of expectation on his shoulders but expects him to find his feet quickly in England and become a massive fan favourite over the seasons to come. This was what his Parker had to say about his new acquisition.

Well I'm very happy to have completed the signing of such a talented player. Our scouts over in Switzerland told us that he was doing a fantastic job over there and recommended him to me. I watched a couple of his games and he looked very impressive. He reminds me a lot of Drogba. He's got the physique and he's also got pace and the trickery to cause any defenders trouble. His return infront of goal has been fantastic with 29 goals in 28 games and he also provided 7 assists for Young Boys and he was one of the reason they are sitting top of the league. Obviously it was important to sign him before the world cup because he is still an unknown talent and we didn't have any competition for him but if we had waited for another month or two we could have had to cough up as much as double the amount we paid to secure his signature. I've got no doubts that the fans will adore and we'll be surprised if bigger clubs don't come knocking in seasons to come.

Ajax_wint_strijd_o_1349679b.jpg

Lodeiro has been in sensational form since signing at the beginning of the season

Moving on from the signing Parker also spoke about the delight of opening up a five point cussion over third place Charlton but doesn't expect his team to get complacent. He knows that there is still a long way to go and expects his team to keep up the good form going into tonight's game against MK Dons. He also praised the partnership of Alberto Costa and Lodeiro supporting Domiguez and thinks that the signing of Doumbia will keep everybody on their toes.

Obviously I'm really pleased to have opened up a five point gap over Charlton which gives us a little of breathing space but I don't think promotion is guaranteed just yet. The bookies think that we are clear favourite to win the title but we never expected to be so high up the table when I first took charge. There were other teams who had better squads than us and we have to congratulate the scouts for the brilliant work they've done in recruiting players so far. Of course the final decision is mine but they've also played a key role in the season so far.

We've got a tricky game against MK Dons tonight. Earlier in the season we were lucky to sneak a victory but it'll be a harder game tonight as its away from home and they are also battling for a play-off spot which makes them very tricky opponents. They'll be very dangerous with players like Michael Johnson and Martinez so we need to try and stop them building from the back and press them as much as possible.

About Lodeiro and Costa's partnership I'll have to say that I've been really impressed with the pair. Lodeiro has been a revelation since signing at the beginning of the season with his 8 goals and 6 assists before Costa arrived but now the pair of them have got a very nice chemistry between them and they've been providing a lot of assists as well as scoring goals. Lodeiro has had 4 assists in his last 4 games which Costa has been scoring goals as well as providing 1 assist and I'm really pleased with them and hopefully tonight they'll display their class again to unluck the MK Dons defence.

antoine_griezmann.jpg

Griezmann impressive in training at the beginning of the season

Finally he concluded his press conference by saying that he expects Griezmann to be back in training next week after being sidelined for 8 weeks due to an arm injury sustained at the beginning of the season. The young frenchman was bought for 500k at the beginning of the season and vitally important in the future and Parker has promised not to rush him back from his rehabilitation.

Yes the rumours are true. We expect Antoine back next week but I won't be rushing him back into the action. He's only 19 and we need to be careful with our young players. At the start of the season, Antoine knew that he would have his chance to impress but knew that his chances were going to be limited and accepted that. He knew that he was a long term player and I was really pleased with his attitude.

mcc3zc.gif

Lita Arrives in time for Shorpe Clash

Leroy Lita has joined Swansea City, and in time to make his debut in tonights match against Shorpe

Swansea City have announced the signing of English forward Leroy Lita, who joins the club as a replacement for Juan Pablo Pereyra.

Swansea have been in search of an English forward, and with Lita availible he joined Swansea for a fee of £1,200,000 aswell as Tommy Hoiland leaving Swansea as part of the deal.

Lita joined Italian club Genoa at the start of the season as part of the deal which saw Sculli join Middlesborough. Sculli joined Middlesborough for £200,000 but it also saw Lita & Emnes join Genoa as part of the deal.

But both Lita & Emnes have had little gametime in Italy, and with both players looking for a return to British football the drummed up some interest. With Peterborough, Sheffield United & Swansea monitaring the pair closely.

With Swansea in need of a forward, they choose to opt for a move for Leroy Lita over other potential replacements David Elm & Matty Fryatt with Lita's act for goals at Divison 2 level.

Lita has always been firing the goals at Division 2 level, whether it's been with Reading, Norwich or Middlesborough and Lita will be looked upon by Swansea to score when he does feature starting with tonight's match against Shorpe.

Plenty of players are expected to be rested with the English Shield Final awaiting, so it's a chance for Leroy Lita to step up and shine to the occasion in what will be a game that the Swans boss will look for Lita to make an impact and help Swansea to get all three points.

Lita is delighted to have returned to Britain with Swansea, with Lita having an act for scoring against Swansea in the past he'll look to score for the South-Wales club on a frequent basis.

He understands that he's unlikely to get a lot of first team football, but he's hoping that he can get himself in and around a spot more frequently if he can shine to the occasion when he features for Swansea.

Lita has signed a 4 year contract at Swansea, where he'll earn £12,150 a week. Also as part of the contract, there is a minimum fee clause in Lita's contract of £3,000,000 which is the minimum price that Swansea will look to sell Lita at.

mcc3zc.gif

Swansea City 2 - 2 Shorpe United

7, Ilan

50, Franz

71, Luan

86, Lita

The Big Picture

Leroy Lita rescues Swansea point with a late debut goal

Swansea City have managed to knick a point at home to one of the leagues form sides in Shorpe United as a weakend Swansea side holds together a strong performance as other results went there way.

Swansea took the early lead, only for Shorpe to come out from the half-time break strong and take the lead but a late Leroy Lita goal rescued a point for Swansea.

With the Shield Final on the Swans bosses mind, he opted to select a weakend squad. Dorus De Vries, Rafael & Jamie O'Hara were the only three not to be rested from the side that lost 2-1 away to Blackpool.

Among the strongest of the rest of the Swansea line-up were Ilan, Zoran Tosic & Sam Ricketts whilst Leroy Lita partnerd Ilan upfront as he made his debut for Swansea.

Leroy Lita makes his debut for Swansea, partnering Ilan upfront

As for Shorpe's line-up, it was relitavly similar to one that Daniel Johannson has stuck to in the last few games. Benjani & Kim partnering eachover upfront, whilst the likes of N'Dinga, Franz & Butt the key members of the Shorpe squad.

With the first attack of the game, on 7 minutes Swansea took the early lead. Wes Hoolahan teasing his marker, and when he eventually got his cross into the box Ilan made some great movement to peal away from his marker and head home past Butt. Ilan's header was his 5th goal since joining the Swans, where he's been sublime despite not being a regular in the starting line-up.

Ilan gives Swansea the lead with the first attack of the match
[/center]

Alexander Tettey was then left in plenty of space, in Shorpe's first opportunity to get a goal back into the match. But he failed to capatilise on the opportunity, as Sam Ricketts got back and made a brilliant sliding challenge to win possesion.

Shorpe had another opportunity to score, but Stefanos Siontis failed to hit the target. The ball fell to Siontis on the half volley, but he completely sliced the chance as it went 15 yards wide of the target as Daniel Johansson got increasingly frustrated with the finishing of his side.

Wes Hoolahan then almost doubled Swansea's lead, but his shot was cleared off the line. Hoolahan was on the edge of the box, and when the ball fell for him he choose to hit his shot with power but Sanjurjo Oier blocked the shot off the line although the full-back didn't know too much about the block.

Hoolahan can't quiet believe his luck, as his shot is cleared off the line
[/center]

Ilan then had a chance to strike, but the Brazilian struck wide. Ilan recieved the ball on the edge of the box, dummying a shot on his right foot before switching the ball onto his left-foot but his shot went inches wide of the target.

Then Swansea had another opportunity as they went all out for a killer second goal. Leroy Lita setting up the attack with a great run down the left-hand side before crossing the ball to the far post but Zoran Tosic's header was poorly directed and far from the target.

Into the second half, and James Tomkins wasn't far off doubling Swansea's lead. Tomkins rose above Franz to get a header effort, and it almost beat Butt in finding the net but the ball went agonizingly wide of goal.

Tomkins header went just wide of goal
[/center]

Wes Hoolahan then had another opportunity, but his curling shot went just wide of the far post. Hoolahan had swapped to the right wing, and cut inside his marker before curling a shot towards the far corner but it couldn't find the target.

But then completely against the run of play, Shorpe were level. A cross was put into the box, headerd away by Sam Ricketts but only as far as Maik Franz who smashed the ball with venom past De Vries for his 1st goal for Shorpe.

Maik Franz celebrates his first Shorpe goal, as they level the scoring against the run of play

Swansea were struck by the blow against the run of play, and took a while to get started again as Shorpe came close once again. Benjani making his last contribution before being brought off, as his snapshot feel easily into the arms of Dorus De Vries.

Leroy Lita then came within a fraction of giving Swansea back the lead on 68 minutes. Lita was played through by a great through ball by Jamie O'Hara but Lita could only hit the outside of the post as the forward was left with his head in his hands.

]

Swansea came close to taking the lead, as Leroy Lita hit the outside of the post

That miss proved to be costly, as Shorpe once again scored against the run of play as the visitors took the lead. Michel de Louza Luan beating the offside trap to get a sight at goal, and he slid the ball under Dorus De Vries for the Brazilian's 1st Shorpe goal.

Michel de Louza Luan gives Shorpe the lead, with another goal against the run of play

Once again, after concending Swansea took a while to get back into the flow of things. But James Tomkins had a great chance to level, with 9 minutes remaining. Tomkins was unmarked and just 6 yards out, but completely mis-cued his header over the bar in what was a chance he should have scored.

But Swansea did get the equaliser with just 4 minutes remaining as debutant Leroy Lita made up for an earlier missed opportunity with his first goal for Swansea. Lita had a slight sight at goal, and calmly lobbed the ball over Jorg Butt to give Swansea City a more than deserved point.

Leroy Lita scores a dramatic equaliser to rescue Swansea a point

That turned out to be the last opportunity of the game, as Swansea took a point in a game that overall had they taken there chances they probably should have won although they may feel they were lucky to get the draw with a late Leroy Lita equaliser.

Next up for Swansea is the English Shield Final against strong Divison 1 side Bolton Wanderers at Wembley. Both sides played rested sides tonight, and both squads star players will be on display on Monday night in what is set to be a well fought contest. Bolton are huge favourites though, with the Swans boss full of praise for the Trotters head coach.

Post Match Interview

A late Lita goal to grab a point, but is it a point or gained or two points dropped?

It's more of a point gained then two points dropped. We may have had the better of things, but up untill the end we may well of come out with a loss. There is a sence of two points dropped, with nobody else in the top 6 winning so there was a chance to gain some ground on the teams above and below us. But Lita grabbed us a point, in a game we could have easily lost, and that's the sort of display we looked from him when he signed earlier today.

A great debut indeed for Leroy Lita, will you be looking for more of that sort of performance from him?

We know what he could produce at this level and that's what he showed today with a fine performance. He got himself involved from the off, and missed an opportunity earlier on but as all good strikers do he didn't let it bother him and kept getting himself in good positions and a great lob in the end was worthy of the crucial equaliser. We'll be looking for a similar performance on Wednesday night from Lita.

Are you looking forward to the Shield Final on Monday night?

Perhaps, but at the same time dreading it. It will be a nerveracking affair for us, and we go into the game as underdogs. When i joined the club, i targeted a domestic cup final in the first five seasons, it's come for us in the first season which is a great achievment for the club. But we know we may not get this sort of opportunity again, so we'll have to make the most of it. I'll be looking forward to the affair in all.[/center]

Coventry-City.jpg

COVENTRY GO TOP DESPITE DRAW

The top 6 showed that they are under pressure as none of them managed to win on saturday, Coventrys 3-3 draw with Cardiff was enough for them to back on top of the league by goal difference, Huntelaar finally recorded his first goal for Coventry and strike partner Lucarelli got 2..

Wednesday game is going to very tough as we face Charlize QPR, a defeat for both of us could see that we drop down in the playoff position..

huntelaar_1124667c.jpg

HUNTELAAR shows his delight as he finally scores for Coventry

art.lucarelli.gi.jpg

LUCARELLI BAGS 2 GOALS IN THE 3-3 DRAW

Guest 1CapWonder

Bristol Rovers 0-5 Oldham Athletic

chrishall.jpg

Oldham partied on the pitch and off it last night...

Survival Finally On The Cards After Thumping Response

If Oldham weren't down and out already, a soul destroying 1-5 defeat at the hands of Plymouth meant they were effectively down. No one gave them a chance, even after the arrival of Sutcliffe at the helm. Oldham were embarrassed in front of their own fans, just a week after their 2-1 win against Gillingham, which gave them hope. A long trip down to Bristol was not looking promising for the diehard Northern support, but those who made the journey, were thoroughly rewarded. Bristol Rovers, hovering dangerously close to the relegation zone, knew that 3 points at home against a suffering Oldham, would more than likely relegate Athletic, and give them hope for survival. Sure enough, Sutcliffe's side, who were urged to respond bravely by their manager mid-week, turned up and turned Rovers over, with an incredible 5-0 victory, which no one could have predicted.

A Heroes Display

1147002718_small.jpg

Going into the game on the lowest of lows, Oldham knew they had to score, and win the game. Sure enough, an early goal settled the nerves, and from there, it was a stunning display of character, determination and class, all of which have been implemented by their new manager. Pappe Malik Diop, a £1.4m signing playing only his 2nd game, was advised to sit the game out due to a fitness worry. Sutcliffe fortunately, knows it is too close to worry about fitness, and played the big Senegal international without a second thought. A minute into the game, and Diop had rounded the keeper and slotted the opener (above) A gamble, but one worth making from Sutcliffe's point of view. 15 minutes later, a gritty Italian by the name of Fabio Firmani got on the ball. Bossing the game already from midfield, the 31 year old Italian played a defence splitting pass to set the veteran Brazilian, Emerson, through on goal. A top finish from an experienced midfielder, gave Athletic a 2-0 lead. 2 minutes later, and Paddy McCourt used all his skill to dummy the goalkeeper, and make it 3. The second half began, and Oldham remained dominant. Their back 4 controlling things, with Sven Ulreich pulling off the odd wonderful save. An hour into the game, and Brian Rodriguez latched onto a rebound to score his 2nd goal in English football, in only his 3rd game. His strike partner, signed for Oldham at the start of the season, has been shown faith by his manager. Alex Brosque had been suffering of late, but he was back in the scoring books, with his 5th in 12, finishing off what can be described as nothing less but a romp from the away side. They dished out a humiliation of their own, and sure enough, young McEvoy couldn't handle it.

McEvoy Quits After Drubbing

Gary-Waddock_1492295.jpg

Bristol Rovers have suffered all year, but likeable, gritty young manager McEvoy has stuck at it. Unfortunately, a defeat so heavy, to 19th placed Oldham was the final straw for himself, and for Rovers. In amidst the anguish, McEvoy quit Rovers, only to take over Wycombe Wanderers soon after. Wanderers have finished comfortably mid table, but have nothing really to play for at the back end of this season. This will allow McEvoy the chance to make the squad his own. McEvoy will be happy, that Wycombe played Oldham a week previous, before his tenure began. Sutcliffe will turn to MK Dons and Jonny Eller, in the hope of picking off another manager, and taking 3 desperately needed points.

Sutcliffe Has The Answers

28375922-28375926-large.jpg

"Hillcliffe" as they were affectionally known in EC106, have dominanted North West sport for a long time. Sutcliffe's heroics at Rochdale caught the headlines, as did his off-field antics. The young boss, has been criticised in the past for concentrating more on attractive celebrity women, than football on the pitch. However, not once has Sutcliffe dampened his managerial attributes by dating Paris Hilton and others. His impressive spell so far at Oldham proves that he is still amongst one of the best at this level, and it will not be long before a big club comes calling. Sutcliffe has served his apprenticeship in the bottom two tiers, and should he keep Oldham in Division 3, he might well be dubbed "the master" One things for sure, if anyone can keep Athletic up, it's Sutcliffe. He has the answers, and come Season 2, a bigger club is sure to come calling, to Sutcliffe, and all the baggage he brings with him...

Guest Ciaranmc2k10

McEvoy Talks Back to Sutcliffe

McEvoy replied to the astonishing defeat to Oldham I was offered Wycombe and after some bad defeats to some teams I knew I was heading for Division 4 so I prepared then Wycombe came along I took them partly because of Sutcliffes win against my Bristol Rovers but not all the reasons but I couldnt reject Wycombe so I took them and will work on them and hopefully we meet soon.

And will we organise a friendly Mr.Cocky and see who will win.

New Man At Wycombe

Maksim_Chmerkovskiy.jpg

McEvoy outside Wycombe

logo.png

I will be working hard for next season but we will see what the rest of the season holds

Tottenham Need Better Squad

_41234268_spursbadge.jpg

Tottenham Hotspur have some great players. They have Javier Saviola, Benzema and Milner to name a few but fans, pundits and the Tottenham manager himself will know that if Tottenham will want to win something next season then they will need to sell the dead wood and bring in quality players.

We are first are going to look at the goalkeepers Tottenham have.

Goalkeepers

Heurelho Gomes

3186_1209755861.jpg

Gomes has played 35 games this season in all competitions and isnt doing badly. He is a quality goalkeeper and maybe could break into the Brazil squad. The only game he has been bad was against Arsenal where he let in 4 goals, but other than that has been pretty consitent!

Keep!

Carlo Cudicini

450_1256198114.jpg

Cudicini is currently on loan to lower league club Southend. So far this season he has only played 10 games, and hasnt had one MotM or has he been impressive. He has let in 14 goals in 10 games for Southend. He is also at 37 and will be 38 next season. Despite this, he is very experienced. Tottenham should send him on loan and when needed he should be recalled.

Loan!

mcc3zc.gif

Keogh Switches Madrid for South-Wales

Andy Keogh will look to reach promotion to Divison 1 for the second time in his short career

Swansea City have completed the signing of Irish international Andrew Keogh as they look for a higher quality winger than Wes Hoolahan when weakend squads are needed to play.

Hoolahan has not been clinical when he's played this season, and although a player with good potential he's just not cut out for Divison 2 level. Andrew Keogh will take his place as a quality winger, who's done it all before with Wolves and the Swans boss is confident he can help them to reach promotion.

Keogh topped the list of the shortlist for a replacement winger, with the 23 year olds youth and potential helping him earn a move to Swansea, with the other targets being the likes of Tommy Smith & Jerome Thomas.

Andy joins from Real Madrid a fee of £275,000 & Wes Hoolahan, which is nothing major that Swansea will have to pay as the remain in a good financial state as they remain closely watcing a few young players.

The Swans boss wont throw him into the mix for tonight English Shield Final but Keogh is expected to be handed his debut on Wednesday as Swansea will look to pick up all three points away to Crystal Palace in what will be a crucial game for Swansea.

Keogh is delighted to have returned to Britain, although he did enjoy the weather in Madrid, but he'll look to adapt himself back to British football and get some game time from now untill the end of the season.

Aidan Radford has said that Keogh will be a needed signing for the team, and that he could be that little spark that helps them to reach Divison 1. Keogh has done it before, winning Divison 2 with Wolves and he'll look to win promotion once again with Swansea in what has been a great season for the Swans.

coca_cola_logo.jpg

Forest fairly beaten by Norwich

55_1203646337.gifForest 2-4 Norwich54_1197121760.gif

A. Johnson (13)

J. Otsemobor (14)

J. Garner (35) + (58)

Z. Whittbread (71)

J. Koller (75)

New Nottingham Forest manager SirJake's hopefuls of getting off to a first win was put at a hault against a rampant Norwich City. The green and yellow badged side traveled to the City Ground in some very good form and within 13 minute they had scored their first goal. Adam Johnson breaking clear of the Forest defence to send the travelling Norwich fans wild, not a good start for Forest. Things then got to double trouble, Osemobor this time troubling the Forest defence before letting rip as the ball flew past Campin the Nottingham goal, 2-0 City. Their was a response from Nottingham Forest nearing half time, Garner who has looked threatning this first half showing he's skill and determination, great goal. Garner then popped up just after half time to level the game up! The 22 year old breaking free of the Norwich defence, past 1, past 2 and past 3 before slotting in he's second of the game, remarkable scene's here at the City Ground. Two goals in quick succession then wrapped up all 3 points for Norwich City, with the score finishing Nottingham Forest 2-4 Nowrich City, so a first win for Jake put on standby whilst he's still looksto improve parts of the squad.

mcc3zc.gif

Swans Looking for Upset in Wembley Clash

The English Shield will be at stake, as Swansea & Bolton take to the field tonight

Swansea City boss Aidan Radford has called on his playes to produce an upset by winning the English Shield tonight and make it an occasion to remember.

He has said that this opportunity must be taken, as an English Shield Final may be an opportunity that his club never gets again. Although win or lose, he will try and get into a major cup final once more in his career.

Swansea face Bolton, with Aidan Radford set to meet Ashley Duffy at Wembley, with the Swans boss praising what Duffy has done with his squad. The Bolton boss will look to avoid a second defeat to Swansea this season, as Swansea pulled of a huge shock in beating Bolton in a friendly.

Swansea have reached this stage in the competition starting of with a 1st round bye. This was then followed up by a 4-1 victory over Shorpe, with Gary Hooper scoring 4 against his former side. The 3rd round produced another victory over a Divison 2 club, beating Blackpool 3-1.

In the 4th round Swansea once again managed victory, as they beat a strong Divison 3 side Barnsley, 3-2 at the Liberty Stadium. The quarter final was another difficult tie, as they faced a strong Divison 2 Preston side, where a sole Ilan goal put them through.

The Semi-Final then saw the greatest win as they beat major rivals Cardiff City 6-1 in what will be one of the greatest South-Wales derbies of all time. This put them through to the final where they awaited Bolton.

A fortnight after that tie and the day has come where they face Bolton later tonight in an epic Shield Final. Bolton will be looking for the win as huge favourites, but Swansea wont lie down and concede defeat as they look to pull of an upset.

The Wembley pitch needs to be graced by the Swansea players, as they may not get another opportunity to play at Wembley. Both bosses will look to open up there Trophy Cabinates tonight, but only one will get there hands on the trophy.

Guest Ciaranmc2k10

Wycombe sign two new loan stars

So far McEvoy has been in charge for One day and already has secured to loan starts who will help out big time.

The first signing came with an aggrement with Man City over Bolat and he moved straight away.

Sinan_Bolat_280x390_945696a.jpg

Thanking God he was allowed to move to Wycombe

Bolat will be in action against Southampton and will be a big part of my squad as we need him to be on top form for the last 7 games.

The second was Spainish youngster Ignacio Camacho he will be going straight into the squad against Southampton aswell and will be keeping the midfield together.

aos_les_pido_ir_champions.jpg

Camacho giveing a wave outside Wycombe and spoting a girl

n_atletico_de_madrid_camacho-107598.jpg

The lads passing can be vital for Wycombe and his deadly tackling

Doncaster Rovers Update

DoncasterRovers_633643415792031250.jpg

Doncaster boss, Chazza Bones has been awarded Division 2 Manager of the Month for April. Chazza has said that he was flattered when he heard the news, especially after the disgraceful loss to Ipswich by three goals to nil on Saturday.

"It's my honour to have such an award but the players deserve it more than me. They play the matches and they perform on the pitch, so they deserve to have the praise too". Chazza Said in his interview with Sky Sports. He also added, "I thank everyone who voted for me, I'm very thankful towards those who did so".

4923b2aa291913eacd43db252cd0-grande.jpg

Alex Ferguson presents the award to Chazza.

Ipswich V Doncaster

The new month only brought disaster to Doncaster as they suffered a three, nil away defeat to in-form Ipswich Town. Everything seemed to be going well until that match. Rory Mitchell, the Ipswich manager, was very impressed by his teams' performance also praising his strikers accuracy at goal.

Chazza was not impressed by the way Doncaster played, he was very disappointed and he is not happy that his team have slipped up with seven games to go. Doncaster are just seven points away from a playoff place. Chazza and the players know that they must fight for the points as the end of season games slowly come closer.

0,,10794~3746453,00.gif

The trophy that Doncaster will fight for.

Guest 1CapWonder

Sutcliffe: I'm Better Than This

0,,10324~6499011,00.jpg

Young Boss Admits Big Ambition

Oldham caretaker manager E.J Sutcliffe has admitted that he is "better than Division 3" and wants to impress at a higher level. Known for his good work in the lower leagues already, Sutcliffe agreed to take over Oldham Athletic when they were virtually dead and buried at the foot of the table. In just 7 games, Sutcliffe has helped revitalize the broken club, and try to save them from relegation. Oldham lie now 5 points from safety, and Sutcliffe is already looking to the future. The bad news for Oldham fans, is that he's looking to his own future. Sutcliffe tells a story of "doing his time" in the lower divisions, and has openly expressed an interest in "moving up to the bigtime" For Sutcliffe, this is higher than he's gone before in the big league's. Keeping Oldham in the 3rd division would almost certainly mean he has done himself justice, and a move to the 1st would not be out of his depth. The young boss admits that he'd happily "earn the right" to play in the 1st though, by doing time in the 2nd. He certainly talks a good game, always has. His belief in himself has endeared him to his players, at every team he has managed. Many claim that keeping Oldham in Division 3 in EC5579, would surpass a lot of what he has done at Rochdale in EC106. This however, is dismissed by the young man, who spoke in full to the SM Times today...

Reports are emerging that you want away from Oldham. Are you unhappy?

God no. You must be joking, I've been here 7 games. I like it here, but please remember, that I said from the very beginning that I would leave after the season is over. Should the club be relegated, I admit, it would be harder to leave, but I am not considering that possibility. It's not because I don't like it here, but I'm better than this. I deserve better than this. I have come from one of the finest setups in world management, to a survival scrap in EC5579. This is a fabulous league, blessed with excellent management, but I thoroughly believe that I have done my time in the 3rd and 4th division. I don't want another season here, and that's that.

So you would rather step out of management rather than stay with Oldham?

This is something I have to consider. If I don't get an offer in the week or so after the season has finished, then I will assess the situation once again. I don't want this to be a black mark against Oldham. I pick and choose my clubs very, very carefully. Rochdale I have a strong connection to, but agreeing to takeover at Oldham was extremely hard. They are major rivals to Rochdale, and there is a certain hatred that has spilled over in this move. I do not want to stay here and become a legend, I am not here for that. I have come to EC5579 for myself, to prove myself with a big club. Oldham is a stop gap. I want to keep Oldham in the division to show EC5579 what I can do and what I'm about. EC106 and followers of world football know. If I keep Oldham in the 3rd division, then everyone will know.

So what do you consider a step up?

The 2nd Division. I will be very surprised to get an offer from the 1st. I don't want to jump into there head first. I want to prove myself in the 2nd before moving up to the big time. I want to earn the right, just like everyone else should. I disagree with these top clubs employing relative unproven managers to take the hotseat, such as in Manchester, with United, and with young Sean Campbell at Man City. I am not saying I deserve to be there yet, but I am working hard to ensure that one day I will be. I don't want to jump in at the deepend straight away. Aston Villa is obviously the dream, and if I had the chance to manage them in this setup, then I'd be in my element, and I'd be there for life. I'd love to manage a 2nd division club with a big history though. Someone like Sheffield Wednesday, Preston or Newcastle. Also, I think everyone knows I'm a Northern boy, and wouldn't want to move down to London! Blackpool would suit me fine! (Laughs)

In EC106, you were called arrogant and cocky by fellow managers you had upset. Does this stop you getting the big jobs?

It would upset me if this is true. I haven't really had the opportunity to stamp my presence on EC5579. The setup is very different to EC106. There are a lot of younger managers here, younger heads. In 106, you have the old men running things, and all the youngsters like me, had to earn the right to be noticed. We had to compete with the Belkevitz's and the Izod's. The experience from Burrows and Fitzpatrick, you just don't get this anywhere else. I like to speak my mind, but I'm afraid if I do that here, some of the younger lads will take it the wrong way. Don't get me wrong, it's a fabulous league, but I've done my time, I've earned my reputation, and I deserve to be mixing it with the bigger boys in this setup, not scrapping it down here in the 3rd. However, I'm more than prepared to get my hands dirty, and not just with Paris, as I've shown by taking over Oldham. Should I keep them up, I will hopefully demand further respect, and in turn, there will be further demand for my managerial talent.

Never one to shy away from controversy, Sutcliffe has once again sparked high opinion with this one on one interview. The young manager's explosive no hold bars style has caused upset in the past, and whether or not the folk of EC5579 will take kindly to his words will be determined in the next day or so. Sutcliffe has certainly let everyone know where he stands, and he believes, he should be standing higher up...

paris_hilton_doug_reinhardt_.jpg

It's on the pitch where Sutcliffe demands to be respected, not off it...