English Championship 5579 -Match Report/Transfer Gossip Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 -Match Report/transfer Gossip Thread

mcc3zc.gif

Brydon announced as new Swans Chairman

Swansea City have also announced that Swansea City Fan, actor and stand-up comedian Rob Brydon is the new chairman of the club. Brydon bought the club yesterday from the well respected Huw Jenkins, for a fee of £35 million.

Brydon is a very well known stand-up comedian, aswell as playing "Bryn" in the hit Welsh T.V show Gavin and Stacey. With the final series of Gavin and Stacey ending on New Years Day, Rob has a lot of time on his hands and as a fan of Swansea City he was more than happy to take over the club.

He bought the club for a fee of £35 million, and has put an annicial investment of £4 million to the club, aswell as being likely to invest in the club during the course of season 1. Brydon was greeted by a full capacity crowd at the Liberty Stadium, when unvelied to the supports.

SNF2722MEAL-380_789958a.jpg

Brydon is the star of hit Welsh T.V show, Gavin and Stacey

peterborough-united-fc.jpg

"Im up for the challenge!" - Tomlins

The Posh today presented there new manager to the fans, press and players who all seemed egger about the new man in charge. Mr Tomlins was excited about his venture, and has had permission to go straight into the transfer kitty before Saturday's huge game vs title contenders Middlesborough. Chairman Darragh MacAnthony was happy with his new recruitment, and said he expects big things.

Darragh MacAnthony on Tomlins:

He's a young manager, who i help can take Peterborough to promotion like Darren Furguson did on two consecutive occasions through league two and one..

Dan Tomlins on Peterborough:

This is a great club and i hope to take them to the very top! i want to make history here and i hope to spend a possible long term future here.

About the new man? How about you wait and find out...

Swansea City Transfer News

mcc3zc.gif

Grant Holt agree's to join Swansea

Norwich have accepted a bid from Swansea for Grant Holt, for a swap with Stephen Dobbie

Norwich City last night accepted a bid from Swansea City for striker Grant Holt. It was a straight swap deal for Swansea striker Stephen Dobbie. Former Swans, Owain Tudor Jones, Thomas Butler and Matthew Collins are also at Norwich and Dobbie can't wait to join them and make an impact as Marlon Harewood's strike partner.

Holt's signing makes way for Gorka Pintado to leave, with Swansea content with their four strikers, Okaka Chuka, Trundle, Beattie and now Holt. Holt will be a back up striker for the time being, but in the future he will hope to break through to become a contender for a regular first team place.

Holt has agreed personal terms at Swansea, and will complete a medical today to make the step up to division 2.

Dobbie will join up with former Swans, Collins, Tudor-Jones and Butler at Norwich.

mcc3zc.gif

Swansea battle it out for Matthews

Swansea born, Matthews, would love to join Swansea

Cardiff City have today announced that both Swansea City and Peterborough United have made bids for young right back Adam Matthews. Matthews has been transfer listed at £2.8 million and although Swansea met that price tag on Monday, Cardiff didn't reply to the offer.

Swansea were frustrated with no reply from Cardiff, and this morning it looked as if they might not get their main target with Peterborough making a bid for the Welshman.

Swansea upped their bid, adding Albert Serran to the bid which surely secured Matthews chances of playing for his boyhood club. Peterborough, although bidding of what is said to be though of around £3 million for the Wales U21 interational, then withdrew their bid for Matthews, purely not having the funds for Matthews.

Swansea then put their orignal offer back on the table for Matthews, but has sympothy for Peterborough United boss Dan Tomlins with the Peterborough chairman investing very little into the club.

Swansea are desperate to land their man, and with Sheffield United also interested in Matthews they are prepared to put another bid bid down if a club comes in for Matthews.

Matthews said in a press conference this morning:

I'm glad theirs a lot of interest in me, it must mean that i'm doing the right things, on and off the field. I know that Peterborough and Sheffield United are both also interested in me, and their both great clubs which will do very well not just this season but with many seasons to come. But I would love to join Swansea, their the team i've always dreamed of playing for, and although it didn't work out when i was younger, i hope that i can join Swansea and be very succesfull their.

Coventry-City.png

LOCAL RIVALS BATTLE TO SIGN STRIKER

Midlands rivals WBA have put in a bid for a strker that coventry's gadga is trying to sign, gadga is refusing to name him as he feels that there would be a vast interest in the young player, meanwhile gadga is confident that he will sign for the sky blues.

Gadga as announced that there is two more players on the way with the bids being excepted its just waiting for them them to come of the plane,

33037_1229444585.jpg

Argentinian Luciano Monzon is arriving from Real Betis, the 22yr old left back rated 85 will fit in the back four nicely, gadga said that he as got a strong left foot and apart from playing in defence he can play down the wing and whip in balls..

2666_1227007219.jpg

Italian striker Vincenzo Iaquinta is arriving from italian giants Juventus, the 30yr old rated 91 will sure bang in the goals for us as we aim for promotion.

Now we have sign four players and one pending, we are looking for loans,

transfers todate

ARTUR BORUC

MASSIMO ODDO

2 WAITNG FOR ARRIVAL

1 PENDING.

Coleman signs for 'The Posh'

Peterborough today finalised transfer of Everton defender, Seamus Coleman.

Coleman becomes Tomlins' first transfer since taking over late yesterday evening, Coleman signed a 1 year loan deal from parent club Everton and was said to be very excited about his new club.

Peterborough have been linked with many players since Tomlins took over yesterday and is set to compete another signing within the next 48 hours, depending on the weather.

Coleman will bound to be starting at the weekend against title contenders Middlesborough if the game can beat the Freeeeeezing weather.

Peterborough have also been linked with Swansea bound striker Grant Holt who's set to sign for Swansea in the coming hours and then might be loaned to Peterborough as they hunt down prolific goal scorers. As The Posh expect promotion this season..

0,,10355~7334359,00.jpg

Top Transfers

Swansea City manager Aidan Radford reports on what he thinks are the Top Transfers of the last few days.

There's been a lot of transfers in the last couple of days, so i've had to put a lot of thought into what I feel are the "Top" transfers. Not necesserialy the biggest and most expensive buys, but the best value for money, and how well they'll do for the team.

Marlon Harewood, Aston Villa to Norwich, £3 million

For Just £3 million, Norwich have got themselves a fantastic buy in Marlon Harewood. Harewood is a solid championship striker, and in this market you would expected a striker like Marlon to be going for around the £5 million mark. Norwich have managed to get him on the cheap, but it's not only his value for money that puts him in the Top Transfers list, it's also the impact he'll make on the team. With Norwich in divison 3, Marlon will be key to them and if he can play to his ability there's no doubt that he can score 25-30 goals this season.

Park Ji Sung, Manchester United to Bolton, £8 million

Bolton managed to sign Park Ji Sung from Manchester United for a fee of £8 million. United were looking to get a rid of a few players, with United not needing Park with better replacements coming in. Park will be crucial to how Bolton do this season, and Bolton will look to keep him fit and playing as much as possible.

Michael Owen, Manchester United to Fulham, £5 million

Fulham pulled off a great signing, buying Michael Owen from Manchester United for a fee of £5 million. The bargain buy, is not just good value for money but will be crucial for Fulham this season alongside either Johnson or Zamora. Former England International, Owen, will be a huge goal threat and will carry their hopes this season. Definatly deserved a place on the list.

Ryan Giggs, Manchester United to Norwich, £10 million

The final "Top Transfer" is not nesecerially on the list for the value for money, but for the impact he will make on Norwich's season. Giggs left United for a fair fee of £10 million, joining Norwich and their ambitions of promotion. Giggs has a lot of experience, aswell as of course his amazing talent. Giggs wll be looking to supply Harewood as much as possible, aswell as looking to get himself on the scoresheet as much as possible. With Giggs and Harewood at Norwich, they surely should reach promotion.

DEAL DID NOT GO THROUGH

321_front_small.png47_1190143104.gif1_front_small.png

Four More Join the City Revolution

Yes Manchester City have broke the bank yet again to capture 4 more world class players.They are:

• Georgi Schennikov

• Francisco Javi Garcia

• Kwadwo Asamoah

• Dmytro Chygrynskiy

S. Campbell is delighted with the signings. All penned 5 year deals at the club. All are on high wages. Since failing to bring in Pique,Rannochia and Bonucci Campbell had to think of some replacements quickly. So that's where Schennikov & Chygrynskiy come into the team.Javi Garcia will add some depth and act as cover for Barry & Ramires. Asamoah will be fearuring in all cup games and may break into the first team. A bright talent.Here's a round up of all City's new players:

In

Bolat

Ramires

Gourcuff

Hazard

David Villa

Bocchetti

Motta

Drenthe

Schennikov

Javi Garcia

Asamoah

Chygrynskiy

Guest MR. HAMMER

0,,10794~3735546,00.gif&usg=AFQjCNE9Sh-WAGlc3ARjx1mHlLjORAV1kA

ROUND UP FOR LEAGUE 1 SINCE NEW SEASON STARTED

NORWICH CITY - Derby County

THE 1ST GAME OF THE SEASON TWO X CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM THIS COULD BE THE MACH TO WHACH NORWICH HAS SIGNED SOME GOOD PLAYERS WITH HERWOOD IN FOR ONLY 3M WHAT A DEAL FOR THERE MANAGER DARBY HAS NOT SIGNED A SINGLE PLAYER AND THAT COULD COST THEM THE MACH.

MY PREDICTION 2-1 TO NORWICH

Huddersfield Town - Southampton

BOTH TEAMS LOOKING FOR PROMOTION THE SANTS ARE FAVE BUT WE WILL NOT FROW THE TOWLE IN YET AS HUDDERSFIELD HAS A GOOD TEAM ALSO THIS IS ANOTHER GAME TO WHACH.

MY PREDICTION 3-3

Oldham Athletic - Southend United

THERE ARE A LOT OF GAMES TO WHACH BUT THIS IS ALSO ONE AS BOTH ARE RUMMERD TO BE IN A RELAGATION BATTLE THIS SEASON THE TWO MANAGERS MIGHT NOT THINK THAT BUT THE LEAGUE IS LOOKING VERRY GOOD WITH TEAMS THAT JUST A FEW SEASONS AGO WAS IN THE PREMISHIP SO THIS COULD BE THE BEST START FOR BOTH MANAGERS.

MY PREDICTION 2-2

Millwall - Tranmere Rovers

MILLWALL KEEPS FALING AT THE LAST HERDILE AND THIS YEAR WILL BE PUSHING WITH ROVERS IN THE HUNT TO STAY AWAY FROM THE DROP THIS IS THE GAME THAT MILLWALL WOULD WHANT AND ARE OUT RIGHT FAVS FOR THIS GAME.

PREDICTION 4-1

Brentford - Leeds United

LEEDS ARE IN THE HUNT TO GET BACK TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP AND HAVE THE PLAYERS TO GET THEM THERE SO THIS COULD BE A GOOD SEASON FOR THEM TO SHOW THAY HAVE GOT WHAT IT TAKES AND ARE ALSO OUT RIGHT FAVES FOR THE 1ST GAME.

PREDICTION 0-2

Exeter City - Nottingham Forest

FOREST ARE ANOTHER TEAM AIMING FOR PROMOTION AND GO IN TO THIS GAME WITH A BIG HOPE OF A WALK IN THE PARK I WOULD SEE THIS TEAM WINING THE LEAGUE BUT THE MANAGER NEEDS TO GET THEM MOVING WILL TOGETHER AS FOR EXETER IN THE PAST SEASONS HAS BEAT UNITED AND THE HAMMERS.

PREDICTION 2-2

Milton Keynes Dons - Charlton Athletic

CHARLTON IS AIMING FOR A QWICK RE JOIN TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP AND HAVE THE MANAGER TO HELP THEM THIS IS A GRATE GAME TO WHACH AND IS THE ONLY ONE ON SKY SO GET TO THE GAME NIGHT OR DAY AND WHACH THIS.

PREDICTION 4-3

Bristol Rovers - Barnsley

BARNSLEY IS AIMING FOR A TOP 10 FINISH AND COULD GET THAT THIS IS A GOOD GAME ALSO AND THE TWO MANAGERS WILL BE AIMING TO GET OFF TO A BANG BUT THE GAME MIGHT BE TO TIGHT TO CALL AND BOTH TEAMS CANCLE EACH OVER OUT.

PREDICTION 0-0

Plymouth Argyle - Colchester United

ANOTHER GOOD GAME WITH UNITED LOOKING FOR A PROMOTION BATTLE BUT SO IS ARGYLE SO ONE FOR THE FANS GOING THIS IS ALSO A TIGHT MACH AND BOTH TEAMS WILL DO THE BEST THAY CAN FOR THER NEW MANAGERS.

PREDICTION 2-3

Wycombe Wanderers - Gillingham

GILLINGHAM CAME TO LEAUE ONE WITH JACKSON AND HE IS WHANTED BY LEAGUE PROMOTION BATTLESIST NORWICH AND CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM SHEFFILD UNITED IT IS BELEVED A 2M OFFER HAS BEEN MADE BUT THIS MAY NOT HAPPEN FOR THE STAR STRIKER.

PREDICTION 1-2

C_71_article_1021804_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg&usg=AFQjCNGOgxa0u7_CL0clekxsrug3HntJbA

Guest MR. HAMMER

Coventry+v+Everton+Pre+Season+Friendly+2NM42anjK_Bm.jpg

saying good biy to his team mates.

Today Shaun Jeffers has landed in Norwich the star is beleved to be having a medical with the League 1 Team and could be geting games this season the manager has told press the 17 year old has a big fucher with him and will only league if I did to come with me we have offerd him a biy out corce on his contract and it has been agread at 2.5m wich is a bit hiy for the youth but worth it.

Coventry-City.png

DUO ARRIVE IN THE MIDLANDS.

Coventry manager gadga is happy to see his latest signings on brittish soil, with the planes running behind schedule because of the snow it took longer for MONZON and IAQUINTA to arrive but now they are here they can settle in before saturdays clash with leicester, Gadga was also delighted after a fax saying that the transfer as been excepted, Inters young striker as decided to come to coventry instead of wba. MARKO ARNAUTOVIC age 20 rated 85 had a last rise of 8 on 25.02.09.. The Austrian striker will play up front with Iaquinta.... Coventrys chairman as already put a cap on arnautovic of 6mill...

30rqqmw.gif

DIVISION 1 PREDICTION LEAGUE.

1ST POSITION

6qeblx.gif

Chelsea are the team to beat this year.I really feel that Chelsea have a lot to prove this season and that this season will be their year. It’s a combination of things. Didier Drogba looks like a man reborn. There’s a renewed sense of optimism throughout the team under the tutelage of adam iman they are the team to beat world class signigs such as xavi ribery and fabiano it will only help there title push.

1st position i think

2ND POSITION

28l9x8w.gif

2nd position could be any of 3 teams but i feel that liverpool have the advantage.

any team who have torres and gerrard with the like of pato and higuan are going to be very hard to beat the only thing i worry about is the size of liverpools squad but im sure he will bring in a few more players.

2nd position

3RD POSITION

2ahscvc.gif

Man utd are the most sucsessful team in england but are not the same team without ronaldo and tevez, i know they still have over 50 mill transfer budget but unless they spend it wisely i can see them winning the title.

3rd position but higher if they strenghten wisely.

ao6uk5.jpg

4th position

i dont think the top 4 will change this year but arsenals place is the one most underpressure.

arsenal will rely heavily on on van persie, fabregas and arshavin.

there weakiest position is goalkeeper and unless they invest in that position i can see them struggleing in reatining there top 4 credentials.

5TH POSITION

swzuqr.gif

For all there multi billions you could say man city have been quite this window but for there quietness they have brought david villa and Gourcuff and in them two players they have enough quality to worry arsenal and man utd.

6TH POSITION

2cx71qc.jpg

Tottenham have some class players but other teams around them have brought while they have been pretty quiet none the less i think they have what it takes to finish above villa and everton.

7TH POSITION

95ucn6.jpg

Aston villa and Everton are both evenly matched sides but i think everton are that little bit stronger they have that little bit more class in midfield with fellaini and arteta who can cause any team problems.

8TH POSITION

2euqser.jpg

As ive said before it was very hard to seperate the two teams but i just felt everton would nick it.villa have sold milner which i though was a mistake as he is very versatile but they may have lost milner but they more than make up for it in young carew and agbonlahor who have give any team a problem.

8TH POSITION - 10TH POSITION

11bqn2p.gif2d8kft0.jpg

8th position to 12 position could go anyway west ham look very good and have brought some good players in so if any team have the most chance of causing problems to the top eight it will be west ham, but lets not rule out bolton blackburn and wigan who all have there own strenghts.

Manchester United Transfer News

Manchester United has brought in 3 main players into the squad with 6 youngsters joining the ranks. Azrul Asyriqien is looking forward to this players growth and maturity along the season though he might send some of them on loan. More will be coming said the Singaporean. Giorgio Chiellini has been brought in for a fee of 1.7 Million and Rio Ferdinand going the other way with Azrul Asyriqien finding the injury prone defender a bit of a problem that has caused the defense to fumble.

Another center back also joined in the name of Gabriel Milito. The Argentine has find it hard to find first team experience in order to follow Diego Maradona's NT to South Africa for the World Cup. Manchester United brought him to Old Trafford for a bargain price of 10.6 Million. The other big name to arrive was former Ajax utility player, Jan Vertonghen. He will probably be back-up to Patrice Evra as Manchester United needs cover in case he is injured, with Fabio out on loan.

Tommy Oar, Vincenzo Fiorillo, Aiman Napoli, Gianmarco Zigoni, Ignachio Camacho and Davide Santon has join Manchester United. Tommy Oar, Vincenzo Fiorillo, Aiman Napoli and Gianmarco Zigoni are ready to be loaned out to gain first team experience with Camacho and Santon to stay to provide back up to Anderson and Scholes, who decided that he would end his career at Old Trafford.

Manchester United maybe forced to hold on to Nani if no bids are bidded for him unless they could find a player exchange deal which would bring in another quality winger or wingers to Old Trafford. In other news, Ryan Giggs has surprisingly rejected to move to Norwich City after a deal worth of 10 Million was agreed. Ryan [Giggs] didn't seem to want to move out of Old Trafford and prefers to stay as long as possible and if he has to go, he would prefer to go to a Premiership club.

mcc3zc.gif

New signing, Grant Holt, to go out on loan

Former Norwich, Shrewbury, Forest and Rochdale striker Grant Holt is very likely to go out on-loan, just a couple of hours after joining Swansea

Swansea City have said that newly signed striker Grant Holt is now very likely to go out on-loan. Swansea are happy with Holt, but with Trundle, Beattie and Okaka Chuka in a squad with just one up front, Holt is likely to be loaned out to get some action.

The most likely destitanation is Peterborough, who have said the they would consider taking Holt in on loan. Swansea, aswell as Holt, would like the player to join Posh on-loan as they have a great manager in charge and their making some good deals in the transfer market.

If a deal collapses though, with Peterborough trying to find a more suitable loan buy, Holt will become availible to all the teams in the setup. Swansea would consider asking Holt's former club Norwich if they would want him, aswell as asking Swindon Town, who already have Swansea midfielder Jazz Richards on-loan.

Grant Holt might also be loaned out for the season to secure the signings of a couple of targets, with him possibly joining Shrewbury on-loan to secure a deal for Owain Fon Williams. But Peterborough are the club that Swansea want to loan him out too, over the others.

Peterborough are the favourites to sign Holt

Norwich, Swindon and Shrewsbury could all be in with a chance of signing Holt on loan aswell, if a move with Peterborough breaks down

Swansea City manager, Aidan Radford, commented on the issue:

We want to keep Holt for the long term, but this season were likely to only be playing one striker for most of our games. We have three other very good strikers in the club, in Trundle, Beattie and Okaka Chuka, so it is very unlikely that Holt would get any game time this season. We want to be playing more than anything, and under the right boss, who wont overuse him, aswell as giving him some playing time.

Grant Holt also commented on this:

Swansea told me that this was to be the case before I signed, I would be going out on loan for the season, but in the long term this is the right move for me. I would like to join Peterborough on-loan, they've got a great manager in charge and are signing some very good players, aswell as hanging on to the good players that they've already got. They don't have as big of a budget as other teams in this division, so if i went out on-loan their I know that I would have to do very well.

150808SSlogo450200.jpg

85_1193758928.gif

Daniel Parejo Moves To West Ham United!

daniel-parejo-6.jpg

The Real Madrid Youth Product Moves To West Ham United...

West Ham have pulled off yet another great signing, In the name of 21 year old Spanish Super star Daniel Parejo. The Player who spent a lenghtly time in Real Madrid's Youth Team(Castilla) before moving on loan to QPR, only to be recalled later in the season, where he would get around 4 games. After showcasing his skill at Real Madrid he was again loaned out to Getafe, But Real Madrid would instead Opt to send the player to West Ham United, with 1 Million Euros coming Real Madrid's way, Kieron Dyer also moves to Real Madrid as a part exchange, to pay off the rest of the fee.

the Player Commented on the transfer:

I am very glad to have signed for West Ham United, Now I am only thinking about Performing well, I just left Real Madrid and Getafe and I would like to return to Real Madrid later in the future, if possible..

I am only thinking about here for now. This is another chapter of my life. Let's hope everything will be fine.

Premiership Predictions

Turn 1

Hull City
vs
Wigan Athletic

Two great managers in Simon & Andy. Both will be looking to survive this seaon so a win may be crucial although it seems early on. It will be tough as both are expert tacticians.This is what football was made for!

Prediction 0-0

Sunderland
vs
Manchester City

A very tough match for Campbell's City who face Pazzano's Sunderland at the stadium of light. City are looking to break the top 4 whilst Sunderland are looking for a top 8 finish.David Villa will be crucial for City up front. A tough encounter.

Prediction 1-2

West
Ham
vs Bolton

]This should be a good match when two great forumers face off. Both these teams also hopeful of a top 8 finish also. Lass Diarra and Daniel Pajero are a only a couple of players expected to feature or the Hammers on Saturday.

Prediction: 3-2

Other Predictions:

Everton
1-3
Arsenal

Wolves
0-2
Aston
Villa

Tottenham 1-2
Chelsea

Birmingham
1-0
Blackburn

Portsmouth
1-4 Liverpool

Burnley
1-1 Fulham

Koman Joins,Super Mario set to Arrive.

balotelli.JPG

Balotelli hopes to win more trophies at Hull City.

It has been a slow start at Hull City for new manager Andrew Clifford,it seems the SMFA placed a transfer embargo on the club which has now been lifted and transfers can now be completed,the first of the two signings is Bari's Hungarian international Vladimir Koman,he is expected to not make much of an impact this season and will be made available for loan so he can pick up vital match experience,but still he is expected to make some impact at the club next year.

Hull City have also now managed to pull of a major signing in former Inter Milan star Mario Balotelli,he is already known on Humberside as Super Mario and they are sure he will fire the goals to keep them in the top division,this is what one estatic Hull fan said to BBC Radio Humberside.

Quote:

This is one of the best days in my life as a Hull City supporter,he is a fantastic player and will be one of the worlds best strikers in a few years time,providing he has the right temprament and wants to play here he will be a Hull City legend no doubt about it,he also has one of the best nicknames in the land and I am sure numerous songs will be shouted from the terraces whilst he is here.

Parker takes charge of the Lions and has already made an impact in the transfer market

MillwallFC.gif

On sunday afternoon around 5.30 pm, it was confirmed that Millwall Fc had appointed Hans Parker to take charge of the team. Parker comes along with very little management in football. His last job was working for Division 4 side Yeovil Town where he managed to keep the team in division 4 avoiding relegation to the Blue Square.

Parker has promised the fans that he is hoping to build a good young team with an eye in the future. He also expressed his desire to get a couple of loan signings in the next couple of days but admitted it has been hard finding teams who are willing to send him some players on loan.

"I am absolutely over the moon to be getting the chance to manage a team such as Millwall Fc. It came as a real shock when the chairman approched me and said "Do you want the job".

My immediate answer was yes of course I want the job." Now that i've got the job the chairman has set up a target of getting as close to the play-offs as possible and the following season promote to division 2"

In the short time he's been at Millwall he's already completed the signing of some promising youngsters, the likes of Krhin, Michel and Griezmann have all joined the club with more set to join the other 10 in the next 24 hours.

"I'm very proud to see young players come to Millwall Fc to further their career and it shows what fantastic scouts this team has. It shows that we have the dedication to get to places and I hope in the next 2 season we can be playing in division 2 as I truely believe that's where we belong."

Asked about if he intended to get a couple of players on loan. He responded by saying:-

"Yes I want some players on loan so that they can help me in the rebuilding process. This might take as little as 5 matches to as much as 10 matches and I want every manager in this league reading this interview to inform me if they are willing to send a couple of 80+ on loan.

The players we've brought in won't be ready for a couple of weeks and I need some cover in places and that's why we need some loan players.

Quizzed about the £1.5 million paid for Right Back Michel

"Michel will be a future star for this team and I'm totally convinced that the money spend will pay dividend at the end. I believe that in a couple of seasons he could easily be worth around £5-10 million. The likes of Watford. Bristol City. Plymouth Argyle. Wycombe Wanderers and Bolton Wanderers were interested in his services but he chose to come to the Den and I'm extremely excited about the prospect of seeing him on the field."

n_almeria_michel-693.jpg

Michel touted by Parker to be a future star

coca_cola_championship2.jpg

Coca-Cola Championship Predictions

Season 1 - Turn 1

Sheffield United 2 - 2 Sheffield Wednesday

Brian Sandall's first game in charge of the Blades, sees them play City rivals Sheffield Wednesday. United have to make any serious buisness in the transfer market, but have kept the better players of the squad. Wednesday however might have spent a bit more than they should have on their signings, but at least they have managed to bring in quality to the club. I think this will be a very close game.

Peterborough United 2 - 1 Middlesborough

An all forumer clash, between Koplfc's Peterborough and NinoBrown's Middlesborough. Koplfc has only recentley took charge of Peterborough, the only signing so far is the loan deal of Seamus Coleman but plenty more are expected to arrive before the opening match. Middlesbrough have brought quality into the side with Caldwell and Giroud joining. But with Folan and Kitson leaving to secure the deal for Caldwell, borough are in need of somebody to stand out as a serious strike partner for Alliadiare. I think Posh will cause a upset, with home advantage on their side.

Coventry City 2 - 3 Leicester City

Another all forumer clash, with Gadga's Coventry taking on Villa91's Leicester. Coventry have brought in the likes of Iaquinta, Boruc and Oddo to the club, with some real quality now availible to them. Their squad is now very good, and they will have some real fire power infront of goal aswell as a solid backline, although missing some guidance in midfield. Leicester however have managed to sign Esteban Granero aswell as Dida. Aswell as three great loan signings, with Hulk, Collison and Soel on loan to Leicester. They have a very good balance in their squad, and i feel they might just about manage a win in a tight contest.

Other Games:

Bristol City 2 - 1 Blackpool

Queens Park Rangers 1 - 1 Shorpe United

Cardiff City 0 - 1 Crystal Palace

Doncaster Rovers 0 - 0 Reading

Watford 1 - 2 West Bromich Albion

Ipswich Town 1 - 1 Preston North End

Newcastle United 2 - 1 Swansea City

150808SSlogo450200.jpg

85_1193758928.gif

Ahmed Gharib Answers The Fans Questions!

2009_giro_del_trentino_press_conference_ivan_basso.jpg

Today young West Ham United manager and recently appointed England Coach Ahmed Gharib answer the fans questions. The manager has made a lot of top notch signings, and the fans expect success, Here are your questions answered..

Who would you back for Promotion to the Premier League here in season 1?

Parker, Middlesbrough

Well if I had to pick now, I'd say Swansea, Leicester and Watford stand the biggest chance. They all have great managers and have signed young players each. Leicester also have our player Jack Collison and I'm interested in seeing how he performs with them..

What are your aims for this season?

James, Tranmere

I don’t want to tempt fate by saying we will finish in the top four, as to be honest, I don’t think we will. The Premiership is becoming more competitive now and there are no longer such a thing called 'an easy game'. We should make the top 6, as we have the class and depth to do so.

It is reported that apart from Parejo more players are expected to sign by midnight?

Hernan, London

I cannot disclose any names as I have mentioned before but I am happy with negotiations and the club should officially announce the signings later tonight.

Out of all your signings I'm mostly impressed that you managed to have signed Lassana Diarra, Do you think such a class player can be kept at West Ham United for long?

Aidan, Glasgow

We now have a strong Midfeild with Parejo joining and maybe one more, our midfeild is complete for years to come as all the players are young. Lassana expressed his delight at signing for the Club and has made it clear he doesn't intend to leave any time soon..

who from the original squad has impressed you most so far?

Jamey King, London

Alessandro Diamanti, he's such a determined player, with great technical and physical Ability. I have no doubt he will turn out to be a West Ham United Legend.

You’ve recently taken on the England job. What do you hope to achieve while in Charge?

Mohsen, Cairo

The England job is something I've wanted for a long time. Qualification for the World Cup is a need! I have put together a strong preliminary squad which I expect will get the results asked of them.

How long do you intend to stay at West Ham United? do you see yourself leaving them soon?

Hendawi, Alexandria

Definitely not, I love West Ham United and I'm glad to have finally been named as the man in charge here, Rosella has shown faith in me and I hope to reward all the fans who trust me with success.

Who do you think will win the Premiership this season?

William Crawford, Newcastle

If I had to back just one club it would be Liverpool, although Chelsea have made a lot of big name signing Liverpool seem to be concentrating on depth and bringing in young stars and with a great manager like theirs, I don't see why they can't pull it off!

Brazilian Fernando Agrees Terms At Anfield

Wednesday, 13th January 2010

2189626046-soccer-uefa-champions-league-group-g-arsenal-v-fc-porto.jpg

Fernando Happy With Move To Liverpool

Today Liverpool made a step towards adding yet another young talent to their powerful squad. FC Porto's Fernando has agreed a contract at Liverpool but is yet to complete a medical and a further move. The 22 year old said 'I am delighted to be moving to such a developing squad and I would like to show Bail that I have what it takes to be starting as a regular'.

Following Fernando will be rising Portugese star Daniel Carrico who might be loaned out for the season to gain extra experience. Yesterday three players completed their moves Van Der Wiel, Marcelo and Marin all successfully completed there medicals.

Recently many resources have been tipping Liverpool to finish high up in the table this season and Bail said 'I am glad all of our fans are getting behind us and giving us all the confidence we need for the season and I hope we can pull it off and win the Premiership along with some silverware'

Prediction

Everton 1 - 2 Arsenal

Everton are looking very simular tohow they ould for any new manager apart from the signing of 90 rated attacking midfielder Ozil who may bekey to succses this season . The Everton Manager has transfer listed many of the current squad so it may all change by Saturdays game but at the moment they look strong.

Arsenal have mae many signings in the off season but most are only youth players who will be looking to impress in the Under 25 competition. The Big signing Busquets adds to the good midfield arsenal already posses. The team overall look very strong with match winners Fabragas and Arshavin on the field Arsenal will be looking to win the game in the midfield.

I can see this game being a draw as Everton even though they are weaker are still a good side. But im going to take a risk and go for Arsenal to win 2-1.

Stoke City 0 - 4 Manchester United

Stoke City Have made no transfers in or ou and there squad seems to be very hit and miss. The manager hasnt put any effort into the team and doesnt seem to be intreasted in them. They are going to have to hope for the best

Man United on the other hand have made some great signings in the transfer window bringing in juventus centre back Chiellini rated 94 and also Milito from Barcelona. The manager has done very well with his team. The only Negative thing that could b suggested is that he sold experience forward micheal Owen to fulham for only 5 million a very low price for such a great player.

Manchester United will win this without Doubt.

Tottenham Hotspur 1-3 Chelsea

Spurs have a very good forward line with 8 players rated over 90 abl to play in the attacking section ofthe field. The Manager seems to be intrested in buying the bet player avalible to him, with every signing seeming to be well thought out and for the benifit of the team.

Chelsea have made some fantastic signings, Xavi, Ribery and Maicon all will be key players to there title push this season. The addition of Fabiano upfront will also bring lot of goals. The team is looking to be one of the strongest if not the strongest in the league.

On paper Chelsea look imposible to beat. But this is soccermanager so anything could happen :)

Wolverhampton Wanderers 0 - 3 Aston Villa

West Ham United 2-2 Bolton Wanderers

Sunderland 1-2 Manchester City

Burnley 0- 1 Fulham

Portsmouth 0 -2 Liverpool

Hull City 3 - 3 Wigan Athletic

Birmingham City 1-2 Blackburn Rovers

Spanish Trio Sign Up

birmingham-city-256x256.png

Birmingham City today have confirmed the signing of Spaniards César Azpilicueta. The highly rated full back who can also operate on the wing is a signing many Birmingham fans have said good things about, he has joined on a deal that see's Gary O'connor and Giovanny Espinoza going the other way with no cash being exchanged. The second of the three is Aritz Aduriz from Mallorca. The striker has been playing well recently and is rumored to be in for a +1 rise to 89. This deal also see's no money being exchanged but Teemu Tainio and Stephen Carr have been sacraficed to capture the striker. The third player, Gaizka Toquero signed from Athletic Club. He is also expecting a rise of around +2/1 is going to be used as backup and likely to play in the youth cup as he is not 26 until early August. However the capture of Toquero meant that a further 2 players had to be sacraficed as Gregory Vignal and James O'shea also leave for Spain. Fans have already begun calling the trio the "Three Amigo's" and they are very optimistic about the signings. One fan was quoted saying:

Well if the only way to improve our squad is to let two players go to sign one player well you would have to do it. I hope that it pays off for the manager.

The Spanish trio were not the only signing made by birmingham today, French defender Kevin Gomis has joined from Naval for a fee of around £850k. As one Frenchman arrives another departs as vetran defender Frank Queudrue will be joining Gillingham in a £2.5m move. Also exiting St. Andrews is striker Cameron Jerome who is not needed by manager Adam Devitt and has made a £5.5m switch to Norwich. Manager Adam Devitt assured as at a press conference that there will be plenty of new faces arriving at Birmingham in the not so distant future.

Jobi McAnuff makes Peterborough move

Peterborough have completed the signing of Jobi McAnuff from Reading for a believed fee of 2.3m. McAnuff was out of favour at Reading after they completed the loan signing of Junior Stanislas, Peterborough we’re more than happy to take Jobi on, as they try to boost their promotion chase.

Reading+v+Blackpool+zweYGSXz58Km.jpg

McAnuff whilst at Reading

Tomlins on McAnuff

McAnuff will hopefully bring something that we don’t have here, he’s a young but still experienced player, playing for the likes of Wimbledon, West ham and Watford to name afew.

McAnuff signed a 3 year contract at the club.

McAnuff on his move to Peterborough..

I'm very happy with the move to Peterborough, they have great facilities, a great chairman and a great gaffer and i think this club can go forward and i hope to be a part of that.

Mr Tomlins was asked about new signings and he said..

Where in talks with agents and clubs on signings afew more players but names i cannot disclose. But some transfers should be complete before the game against Middlesborough, we hope..

Division Four

Season Preview

Crewe Alexandra

With a young and light squad serious investment is needed at Gresty Road if manager Digital Dreams can have hopes of a push to the top half of the table. With no sign of transfers in or out of the club, fans are expecting a relegation fight rather than a promotion push. With virtually no noise coming out of the club, survival will be the name of the game. Whilst time remains to shake things up, other clubs have moved far more swiftly and there are genuine concerns that already Crewe may be lagging too far behind – unless something happens this is the home game most will want as soon as possible.

Bury

With the experienced Lee Young at the helm, big things are rightly expected of Bury in this first season. With little in the way of transfer activity in the pre season, the existing squad are expected to provide the back bone of the first quarters results. With a mixture of youth and experience through the team, hopes are high that veteran Andy Morrell and 21 year old Jordan Robertson can form destructive partnership up front.

Yeovil Town

With Nicky Agnew taking over first team affairs at Huish Park, the expectations are high for a sustained promotion push this year. Using his long formed relationships in world football, Agnew has already secured the loan signings of Birmingham’s Sirigu, Hull’s Koman and Fulham’s Smalling. No slouch in the investment of youth players, the signings of the highly desired Muniesa from Barcelona and and CSKA’s Piliev could be crucial. With at least two further players due to leave the squad further investment is expected. Yeovil could be very influential in this division.

Walsall

The most significant signing for Walsall this year is easily the acquisition of Jonathan Crawford as manager. Unrivalled in the division in terms of SM experience this guy knows what it takes to build solid, promotion winning teams and this surely will see Walsall as one of the favourites for the divisional title. Although he has inherited a small squad, players have already been shown the door to make way for players like the exciting Christos Tanis – who we can expect to play a big part in their season. If others want promotion, expect Walsall to be a significant road block to success.

Bradford City

Already huge investment has been made in the squad, with no fewer than nine pre season signings. As is traditional in the lower leagues all of these players have been bought for their potential, but with a current squad of 30 players, it would be wise to assume that a number of players will not be part of Josep Guardiola’s plans. The manager has pulled players form all around the world, making this team one of the more multi cultural and until the expected rises are seen Guardiola will need to blend these players through some acute tactical thinking. Expect Bradford to be involved in the shake up come May.

Stockport County

Another of the young, smaller squads, manager Iman Ahmed has already invested in Greek centre forward Nikos Soultanidis form Kavala. The player can expect to carry the goal hunt burden, with supply possibly limited – the midfield will need significant strengthening in the transfer market or the reliance on the younger, less experienced and low rated current midfielders may see Stockport struggle. With bids already in place on at least one of Stockports players, the Edgeley Park faithful will be expecting the cash to go straight into the transfer market – that desire from the fans will surely also demand a number of key loan signings.

Leyton Orient

A small squad of mostly youthful and less established players will need to play well to achieve in the tight 4th division. Therefore all eyes will be on manager Alex Strickelton’s tactical awareness. The ace up Leyton Orients sleeve could be midfield general Luke Summerfield, whilst his form has seen his rating decrease recently the expected competition in the centre of the park from potential rising star Jason Demetriou should propel these two into becoming the heartbeat of any of the teams future achievements. Clearly though investment in the squad will be needed.

Notts County

Again with a small squad, the very experienced Tony T has taken no time at all to tell squad members where their future lies – placing no less than 12 on the transfer list. Whilst the squad aren’t looking that threatening on paper, you can expect that those raised funds will be spent on immediate improvements – however, unless a healthy transfer kitty already exists, time will be needed. With only 22 players Tony can expect to either gradually make changes to ensure his squad size is maintained or take a financial hit via part exchange. His experience will be vital, but expect an organised and very tactically aware welcome at Meadow Lane.

Rochdale

The Spotland faithful will be expecting big things this year. Already with a decent backbone of future stars, manager James Weeks didn’t wait long before adding experienced defensive/midfield utility man Toninho from Brazil. With future goalkeeping starlet Tom Heaton between the sticks Rochdale will be hard to beat, and with future signings expected, the build form the back philosophy may prove to be vital in a division often decided by how many you concede.

Swindon Town

Amy Nakamura has wasted no time in taking one of the favourites for the divisional title by the scruff of the neck, bringing in 5 players that prove to be a mix of players like American Darius Barnes form New England Revolution who can impact on the first team immediately to up coming risers and money makers like Ghanaian Bright Addae. With a further five players expected to leave shortly, further transfers are inevitable.

Carlisle United

Although quiet in preseason, new faces are expected at Brunton park with veteran Irishman Graham Kavanagh on his way out of the club, along with Tony Kane. The Irish hearbeat will remain however with Ian Harte, Richard Keogh and Peter Murphy currently expected to stay. Manager Ryan Dayt will probably look to strengthen in the centre of the park, but has a decent cover all over the park. In its present form, Carlisle will expect to be involved at the top end of the table.

Brighton & Hove Albion

Transformed by new man Ed Moses – who brings in 7 new signings and a further 3 loan signings, the Seagulls are looking to compete at the top end of the table. How long they can keep hold of Eden Hazard – regarded as one of the best 19 year old’s around – on loan from Manchester City will be key. With a bloated squad of 36 players it is no surprise that 6 players have already been told they have no future at the club. The wage bill will need to be reduced, but other new faces are expected at the Withdean Stadium.

Burton Albion

With the exception of forwards Webber and Kabba, Burton look to be lacking in the overall quality that would see them do anything other than struggle at present – and with none of the existing playing staff told that they are leaving, manager Grant Keeble is not expected to make further changes. This speculation is unfounded however as there is still time to spend any transfer war chest and just ¾ signings could transform this squad – therefore the next few days may dictate Burton’s ambitions for the season.

Dagenham & Redbridge

Toby Bell takes charge of a team that is both light in numbers and quality. The Victoria Road team look to be weak all over at present and with no activity in the transfer market and a manager not seen since he took over, could Dagenham prove to provide not just the whipping boys of the division but also the first managerial causality of the fourth tier? Unless action is taken soon, this may end in tears.

Torquay United

The smallest squad in the league at just 21 players, will need to rely on an injury free season to their key players. The biggest problem Markus Sender faces as manager is in the middle of the park with little in the way of creativity or quality. The signing of Krajnik is certainly made with an eye on future potential but immediate impact will be needed if Torquay are to avoid a battle at the base of the table.

Barnet

Shakira Espinoza has been very busy since taking over at Underhill. Samba flair has been added at Barnet with the acquisition of 3 Brazilians – Bambam, Wellington and Jefferson. In addition, Barnet nabbed potential riser Sergio Oliveira for FC Porto. With a further four players set to exit the club, more transfers in are expected. These are exciting times for Barnet and it expected that a serious promotion push is possible. This big, young squad will certainly improve over the season and with more players set to join, success is more than possible.

Shrewsbury Town

The Shrews are looking to new manager Kyle Fisher to provide the cement that promotion can be built on. And what a job he has on his hands, a small squad of 24 – including no less than four keepers – is light. Furthermore there is a lack of quality around the field. You would expect a furore of transfer activity but with no players arriving or leaving and the manager not seen since his welcoming press conference, could it be that the harsh realities of Division 4 have already proven to tough for Fisher?

Northampton Town

The Cobblers already have a solid core to their team and would have expected to be right up there at the close of the season. However with no news of any new signings coming out of Sixfields, combined with no players exiting, there is suddenly a question mark over the commitment of the manager to the club – not seen since taking over - and their ability to achieve this year. One f the favourites for the division, Northampton are no looking up at other teams that have already progressed far quicker than them.

Hereford United

One of the busiest managers in the 4th division, Ty93 Ty has already shaken things up at Edgar Street with no fewer than 10 new faces – including Serbian Danijel Subotic from Portsmouth. 8 players remain on the transfer list, but its expected that further new signings will be sought once the cash is made available – if so Hereford will boast a decent sized squad, full of potential. If Ty93 Ty can deliver on the tactics front as well as he has in the transfer market Hereford will be one to watch.

Hartlepool

One of the pre season favourite to take the Division 4 title, new manager Robert Jarni has been careful in the transfer market, adding one name – Spanish centre back and expected riser Mikel Dominquez. Boasting one of the best central midfielders in the division in Joe Gamble, big things are possible for Hartlepool this year. The squad is solid all around the pitch and is a good enough size to cope with any injuries or suspensions, expect them to be amongst the front runners from the off.

MU5579.png

Deal for "Kun" Agreed.

aguero-stays.jpg

A deal has been agreed for Athletico Madrid star, Sergio "Kun" Aguero. The Argentinian was brought in to replace Dimitar Berbatov, who wanted out. The deal included 7 Million with Berbatov and Fletcher going the other way. High expectations are set for this young man when he arrives in Old Trafford. With Berbatov gone, and Rooney and Aguero being the front 2 strikers and Mame Diouf as a back-up, Azrul Asyriqien is trying to bring in Dani Aquino and Silva Neymar to provide more attacking depth.

Unhappy Michael Carrick has his wish being granted after being part in a player exchange deal for Fernando Gago, a more younger and talented player. With Fletcher leaving, Gago, Anderson and Scholes are left with the center midfield role. Fans are questioning the decision to let Fletcher go. But Azrul Asyriqien insists that new boy Ignachio Camacho will grow and fill in Fletcher's role as he rejected a loan bid for him.

In other news, Manchester United has bids accepted to "re-sign" Brazilian midfielder, Rodrigo Possebon and Greek midfielder, Giannis Papadopoulos. Both are not set for loan as they are needed for the English Shield and cups. Manchester United are looking to sell John O'Shea and Wes Brown to build their team of youths for the future. Bids from any club will be accepted if they bid 6 Million for Brown and 8 Million for O'Shea.