English Championship 5579 -Match Report/Transfer Gossip Thread

Guest Higgy

Re: English Championship 5579 -Match Report/Transfer Gossip Thread

mcc3zc.gif

Swansea City Awards Night

Player of the Season - Ilan

Against the odds, Ilan wins this prestigace award despite only being a late introduction to the season, but some great form has shown why Aidan Radford bought him, as aswell as this award he's also won Division 2 Player of the season in the awards for the setup. It's been a great season for Ilan, and certainly one worth remembering, but unfortunatly it looks like his time at Swansea is gradually coming to an end.

Ilan Speaks On Winning The Award:

It's a great achievement for me, when i came here i could never have imagined winning such an award and having such a great season. When i was signed i was told not to expect to much football, to come off the bench every now and then and play the odd cup game, but i managed to break into the first team and just kept on scoring goals. It's been a great first season at Swansea and one of my best seasons in my career.

Others on Shortlist: Arouna Kone, Stephen Warnock

Top Goalscorer - Arouna Kone (15)

There's no suprise in this award, with now at Fulham Arouna Kone winning the award. He joined for a small fee, immeadiatly hit form and was the form man in England with 15 goals in half a season, before a big money move to Fulham ended his time at Swansea. He wasn't at the awards himself, and it was down to Fulham's Assistant Manager Ray Lewington to pick up the award for Kone, with Fulham boss Gadga preparing for the World Cup.

Lewington Spoke on Behalf of Kone:

He's happy to have won an award at Swansea. He enjoyed his time there and wishes everyone at the club all the best. He's hoping to re-start his career next season, but he's hoping for some success for his former club aswell next season

Others on Shortlist: Roque Santa Cruz (9), Ilan (8)

Young Player of the Season - James Tomkins

With a whole host of young players joining the club this season, reserve centre back James Tomkins has done very well to pick up the award. He came in, likely to only make one or two sub appearances towards the end of the season, but picked up 5 full-starts against the odds and impressed to win the award. But next season it will take a lot more than that to win an award such as that.

Tomkins Commented After Winning the Award:

Wow, i didn't expect this. I know i made a few solid appearances but i was thinking that Jack or Joe would have won the award. Anyway i'll take the award, i'm honoured to have won it. It was a hard thing for me to leave West Ham, and i'm glad i've returned to British football with Swansea, next season i want to push on get some more appearances and help the club to success.

Others on Shortlist: Jack Cork, Joe Allen

Acadamy's Player of the Season: Jonathan Franks

Young Jonathan Franks, has pipped Jazz Richards & Aaron Wildig to winning the award for the Acadamy's player of the season. There's been plenty of arrivals for the Acadamy, and Jonathan Franks done very well to win the award. Nowhere near a first team place but the £20,000 signing has won the award after a strong season with the reserves.

Franks Was Lost for Words after Winning the Award:

I'm a bit suprised i'm up here, speaking about winning the award to be honest. I'll just have to continue doing my stuff with the reserves and hopefully i'll get my chance next season to show the manager what i can do in the Youth Cup.

Others on Shortlist: Ashley Richards, Aaron Wildig

Signing of the Season: Ilan (£3.2M)

There was some good buys this season, but there could only be the stand out bargain buy of Ilan to win the award. Ilan won Divison 2's Bargain buy of the season, and he was given this award to add to that, along with a whole host of awards he's won over the past couple of days. He joined as a £3.2 million, free agent, but at the end of the season he's come out as the divisions player of the year.

Ilan Gave his Second Speech of the Evening:

I didn't expect to come up here again, i thought i could relax. But i'm once again delighted to have won another award, i'm glad i've won this it shows that i was worth signing. It's done wonders for my career, and whether or not i'm with Swansea next season i'll be in a much stronger position then i was at the start of this season.

Others on Shortlist: Arouna Kone (£4.0M), Michel Bastos (£8.6M)

Young Signing of the Season: Fran Merida (£2.2M & Britton)

There was a lot of young buys this season, from Enow Juvette Tabot to James Tomkins but the award went to a Spaniard in the end in former Arsenal youngstar Fran Merida. It was a shock when Arsenal let him go, and a host of clubs were interested in signing of him once he'd left Arsenal, but Swansea beat off competition to land the promosing midfielder who the Swansea boss has said will be a huge thing in a year or two's time.

Merida Gave a Quick Comment After Winning the Award:

I'm glad i've won the award, as Ilan said earlier, it can only mean you were worth the fee that they paid for you. It's pressure when you join for a multi-million pound fee, your expected to be a perfect player which never really seems to be the case, but this certainly eases the pressure off me.

Others on Shortlist: Jack Cork (£2.2M), Adam Matthews (£2.9M)

Loanee of the Season: Darron Gibson

There was three loan signings this season, all joining from Manchester United in Zoran Tosic, Darron Gibson & Rafael Da Silva but there could only be one winner of the award. That was Darron Gibson, althought closely followed by Rafael Da Silva. Gibson started off as a regular in the side, and despite some competition from Jamie O'Hara in the second half of the season he still picked up a lot of a game time, his shots from distance helped the goal tally whilst his performances were spotless.[

Gibson Was Able to give a Quick Word:

I'm delighted to have won the award, although my two other team-mates were both worthy winners off the award. I feel i had a very strong season, and it's helped me a lot, i'm thankfull for the manager and the coaching staff for this. I know that Swansea are looking to extend my loan deal, for another season, and i'd be glad to join the Swans for another season and hopefully help them to promotion.

Others on Shortlist: Rafael Da Silva, Zoran Tosic

Take One For the Team Award: Phil Jagielka (7 Points)

Yellow - 2 Points, Red - 5 Points

Phil Jagielka has picked up for the award for taking one for the team, with a yellow and a red card in just six games in what was a suspension rigged season for Jagielka. He has been superb though, when playing and maybe would have liked a more rewarding award then for the amount of cards he picked up over the course of the season.

Jagielka Was Unable to Comment, Currently preparing for the World Cup

Others on Shortlist: Gabriel Agbonlahor (6 Points), Leiva Lucas (6 Points)

Most Impact Out On Loan Award: Grant Holt - Notts County

Grant Holt won the award for the most impact out on loan, mainly for spending more time on loan to Notts County then the rest of the squad spent out on loan. Holt made 25 appearances with County, one of the least succesfull clubs in the divison, but he was one of there strongest performers with 3 goals, 8 assists and 1 Man of the Match award under a series of unsuccesfull managers.

Grant Holt Was Full of Words, After Winning the Award:

I'm delighted to have won the award, it's dissapointing how County done overall but for myself it's only been possitive. I've got myself playing regular football and scoring some goals, aswell as working well with the team. I played in a lot of there games, and i do expect to play out on loan again next season. One thing i have been told is that it wont be with Notts. County, which is slightly dissapointing as i'll need to find a club, but any club that's prepared to take me i'll play for. If possible i'd like to make an impact for Swansea, but it's not such a realistic aim as at the moment i've been told there's a total of six strikers certainlty ranked ahead of me in terms of game time. So possibly going out on loan would be a good thing for me.

Others on Shortlist: Nolan Roux - Northampton, Gary Hooper - Tranmere

Game of the Season Award: Cardiff City 1 - 6 Swansea City

The award for the game of the season can only be given to one match, and that's the Shield Semi-Final win over Cardiff at the Cardiff City Stadium, with Swansea striking six past Ben Foster for what was one of the greatest games in the history of the club. It put them in a Shield Final, nevermind bragging right, and although they could only manage a 1-0 defeat to Bolton it will live on as a memorable result.

Boss Aidan Radford, Gives his Memories Of the Game:

What a day that was for everyone at the club. A short drive there, stayed over night, relaxed we didn't overwork our selves, we had played a weakened side on the Saturday giving us our first team which punished what was a tired Cardiff side. We were 3-0 up with half an hour gone, and the remaining hour was a disco for the travelling fans, i was getting involved aswell, with some antics towards the Cardiff fans. Curtis told me not to overwork myself, i ignored him, possibly regretably and at half-time whilst Cardiff were having a team-talk, i was signing "Take me to the Vetch Field" I'm glad they didn't turn it around, looking back at it, but although i was getting carried away, the players weren't and sealed the victory. The celebrations at the end of the game are an experience that can only be decribed as out of this world.

Others on Shortlist: Middlesborough 3 - 4 Swansea City, West Bromich Albion 1 - 5 Swansea City

mcc3zc.gif

Kazim-Richards is The First Major Exit

Colin Kazim-Richards rejoins Fenerbache as the first of what look likes

plenty of departures at Swansea

Swansea City have announced there first major sale of the end of the season break, in English born winger Colin Kazim Richards who has rejoined former club Fenerbache as Swansea look to replace him with better quality on the right-wing. Swansea announced the sale of Kazim-Richards for a fee of £8,200,000 despite him joining the club less than three months ago. But the fee is considerably larger than the £5,700,000 Swansea paid for him at the end of March.

Kazim-Richards joined as a young player, eager to make it back in England and he notched up a total of 16 appearances for Swansea in his time at the club but he just wasn't clincal enough and the Swansea boss decided it was time to sell the Turkish International. He scored just 1 goal, from his 16 appearances which just wasn't enough for a side that were looking for some success and possibly promotion with Kazim-Richards looked upon for goals as a regular starter at Swansea, but he just couldn't deliver.

The winger just always seemed to be a regular in the Swansea squad though, replacing a young and in-form Nathan Dyer, but he couldn't live up to Dyer's standards and was in some ways a flop at Swansea despite being a consistant player as he just didn't bring anything to the team attackingly. Kazim-Richards is dissapointed that things have not worked out for him at Swansea and back in British football but is grateful for the opportunity to give it another go with Fenerbache and he'll look to make a name for himself there.

He has thanked boss Aidan Radford, despite looking to get rid of him, as he found him a place back at Fenerbache in a deal that's only going to be beneficial for Swansea, and he hopes the best for them in the future. Swansea boss Aidan Radford isn't pleased to see Kazim-Richards go, despite a lack of ability in attacking positions but will look to bring in a replacement as soon as possible with an act for goals.

Many names have been linked with Swansea, but it is believed they'll look to splash the cash on a replacement winger, with as much as £9,000,000 being given to the new manager for a new winger, he knows who he'll bring into the club and although he may face competition for his target he's just going to have to hope for the best and that they can get the winger that he's chasing.

!! COMPETITION TIME !!

I have decided to start a competition for STRICTLY EC5579 members only. The winner of the compeition will win a unique unknown prize which I can not reveal until the winner is announced! All I can possibly say is - if your in EC5579 - and you like EC5579 - you will like the prize!!! I hope... :o:D

Heres the aim of the game... I will post 5 different questions on here - all you have to do is reply to me with a PM - (strictly not allowed visitor messages, or a reply to the discussion or this thread). It must be through PM here either on forum or SM game itself! yeah anyway - reply your answers to me - and the person who gets the most right wins.

If there is a tie for the winners of this competition, the winner shall be decided from whoever gets the most points from the 'bonus question'. Should it still be a tie - the managers in the tie will be drawn out at random to determine the winner.

THE QUESTIONS

1. Who were the winners of the EC5579 Season 1 Championship?

2. When EC5579 was established - West Ham Utd were taken by a forumer. what was the name of the forumer at that time?

3. Who was the manager of England for the 1990 World Cup final?

4. Newcastle Utd - promoted back to the Premier league here in EC5579 thanks to the terrific playoff victory over Coventry City? That match was played at Wembley Stadium. However, Newcastle Utd do not play at Wembley, as their home ground is St James's Park. But who else plays at St James's Park?

5. What does Aidy Boothroyd, and The Kaito have in common?

THE BONUS QUESTION:

Name as many players as you can that are within EC5579 which are Spanish?

THE DEADLINE FOR THE ENTRIES TO THIS COMPETITION IS ON SATURDAY 5TH JUNE - 16:00 PM (GT) & (BST)

GOOD LUCK!

Guest Higgy

220px-West_Ham_United_FC.png

West Ham United snap up Basque talent!

o_athletic_de_bilbao_jonas_ramalho-816030.jpg

West Ham United have today beat competition form Birmingham City and Leeds United to the signature of 16 year old defender Jonas Ramalho. The youngster, who caused controversy when he was the registered for Bilbao for the Europa League due to being of Angolan decent, has revealed that he is happy to sign for West Ham United and that he will be looking forward to the Youth Cup.

"I am happy to have signed for West Ham, Gharib showed a lot of interest in me and met with me in Malaga, where they train for the World Cup. He told me that I would be a regular starter in this seasons Youth Cup and that I would get my chances in the Carling Cup and he convinced me to sign"

n_athletic_de_bilbao_jonas_ramalho-809415.jpg

West Ham have now made three transfers in the summer transfer window, with Ramalho following both Roman Eremenko and Jordi Codina to London and Gharib revealed that one more signing is to be expected before the squad is compete for the next season. West Ham finished 10th after being threatened with Relegation all season.. But an excellent display in the last month of the season from Gharib's men which saw them go undefeated for the whole of May, saw the Hammers end up finishing in a respectable 10th place.

!! COMPETITION TIME !!

I have decided to start a competition for STRICTLY EC5579 members only. The winner of the compeition will win a unique unknown prize which I can not reveal until the winner is announced! All I can possibly say is - if your in EC5579 - and you like EC5579 - you will like the prize!!! I hope... :o:D

Heres the aim of the game... I will post 5 different questions on here - all you have to do is reply to me with a PM - (strictly not allowed visitor messages, or a reply to the discussion or this thread). It must be through PM here either on forum or SM game itself! yeah anyway - reply your answers to me - and the person who gets the most right wins.

If there is a tie for the winners of this competition, the winner shall be decided from whoever gets the most points from the 'bonus question'. Should it still be a tie - the managers in the tie will be drawn out at random to determine the winner.

THE QUESTIONS

1. Who were the winners of the EC5579 Season 1 Championship?

2. When EC5579 was established - West Ham Utd were taken by a forumer. what was the name of the forumer at that time?

3. Who was the manager of England for the 1990 World Cup final?

4. Newcastle Utd - promoted back to the Premier league here in EC5579 thanks to the terrific playoff victory over Coventry City? That match was played at Wembley Stadium. However, Newcastle Utd do not play at Wembley, as their home ground is St James's Park. But who else plays at St James's Park?

5. What does Aidy Boothroyd, and The Kaito have in common?

THE BONUS QUESTION:

Name as many players as you can that are within EC5579 which are Spanish?

THE DEADLINE FOR THE ENTRIES TO THIS COMPETITION IS ON SATURDAY 5TH JUNE - 16:00 PM (GT) & (BST)

GOOD LUCK!

0,,10435~3693364,00.jpg

Sheffield Uniited Football club -Statement

Sheffield United Football club are delighted to announce the signing of Kevin Nolan from Newcastle on a 4 year deal.The club paid 4.1m for his signiture and believe this to be a very good deal for the club.Nolan will play alongside Leon Osman in the centre of midfield.Nolan has join the club at the pre season training camp and will be used as a first team regular.

nolanDM0510_468x354.jpg

Nolan above at the training ground shortly after signing his 4 year contract with the Blades

Nolan has spoken on his delight after joining his new team mates in spain during pre season preparation."I am really looking forward to working under Avram Grant and he one of the main reason l choice United over a move elsewhere."Avram did a great job last season finishing 2 points off a play off position and l believe with my help we will gain division one status this club deserves and l am proud to be part of a exciting future".I am to be honest a little upset with the Newcastle manager for moving me out after l scored 12 goals from midfield last season and my average was over 7 and 3man of the match awards,but thats football and l am glad Avram came in for me and cant wait to prove my worth to the United fans"

EC 5579 - EARLY CLOSE - SEASON BOOKIES ODDS - (FROM SKYBET)

THE CHAMPIONSHIP DIVISION - AS OF 04/06/2010 - (18:05 PM)

Bet #1 - To Win Season 2 League Outright

Hull City - 5/1

Wolverhampton Wanderes - 6/1

Coventry City - 6/1

Leicester City - 8/1

Stoke City - 8/1

Swansea City - 8/1

Bristol City - 10/1

Sheffield Utd - 12/1

Preston N.End - 12/1

Reading - 12/1

Millwall - 13/2

Middlesbrough - 15/1

Bet #2 - To Win Promotion To Premier League

Hull City - 3/1

Wolverhampton Wanderes - 4/1

Stoke City - 4/1

Coventry City - 4/1

Swansea City - 5/1

Leicester City - 5/1

Bristol City - 7/1

Middlesbrough - 7/1

Reading - 7/1

Millwall - 10/1

Sheffield Utd - 10/1

Preston N.End - 10/1

Derby - 16/1

Peterborough - 17/1

Barnsley - 20/1

Doncaster - 20/1

West Brom - 25/1

Cardiff - 27/3

Blackpool - 30/1

Bet #3 - To Be Relegated To 3rd Division

Barnsley - 6/1

Cardiff City - 6/1

Peterborough - 8/1

Derby County - 10/1

Millwall - 10/1

Blackpool - 11/1

West Bromwich Albion - 13/1

Namaste-Cultures.jpg

COLCHESTER UNTITED chairwoman katrina kaif welcomed all club fans

at the post season party organised to celebrate a good season finish by the club.

1137369_Katrina-kaif-in-saree_620.jpg

She arrived in her stunning attire and blew everyone's mind especially team manager was flattered by her looks and both were seen giggling and talking.

when asked by a reporter that what were they discussing they replied

"we are planning next season"

now that was the most ridiculous excuse given to a press reporter but no one was complaining as the night grew older some gorgeous dance performances were organised by the lady in red.

some sizzling performance from the bollywood stars on the night

kareenakapoor74937.jpg

Deepika_dance2.cms.jpg

after those sizzling dance performances it was the the time for Ms. Kaif to say a few words to the the supporters of the club before new season

here are the excerpts from her speech.

As long as i am at the club team manager Prateek Jain is going nowhere and we will fully support him both financially and emotionally.

We as in board are ecstatic over current state of the club and team and hence we congratulate Mr. Prateek and his team for their contribution towards building roots of the club
The club is currently in good state hence we would be eyeing for a top 6 finish next season.We would also hope that team gets together some good cup runs.

we would be participating in the EC 5579 YOUTH CUP and it would be one of our priorities to well in it

In the end i would like to thank EC 5579 FA and all the fellow managers for voting us as overachievers in DIV 3. We would like to share this award with our predecessors last season and would like to repeat the feat next season too.
GOOD BYE FOLKS
after her speech she got on her vehicle and left

katrina-kaif-7.jpg

P.S. - don't ask about the cloth she was wearing when she came

Dida Heads Back To Milan

2nb59aw.jpg

Dida in his final game for Leicester.

After only one season at the walkers stadium Leicester's Chairwomen Cheryl Cole has announced that veteran goal keeper Nelson Dida has been sold back to Milan.

Dida was brought from milan for 2,900,000 and appeared in every game while at leciester making a total of 40 appearance's making him an integral part of Leicester's push for promotion. Some people questioned the arrival of Dida At the start of the season with some managers thinking Humphries was off of his head but the signing has proved to be a shrewd piece of business with Dida being sold for a profit and making a string of fine performance's for the club.
Since nelson's arrival he has been an instrumental part of our team and i cant thank him enough for that but he's not getting any younger and a bid of over 5' date='000,000 was just to good to turn down,i wish him all the best at Milan but i feel i can now bring in someone younger and someone who has alot of potential[/quote']

[/font]

hereford.jpg

New Chairman at Hereford United

It has been confirmed toaday that Top Gear co-host Richard Hammond will be taking over as Hereford United Chairman at the start of the new season after current chairman David Keyte decided he could no longer do his job. This comes as a surprise as Hammond was due to be jetting off to South Africa to record a Top Gear World Cup special but it seems to be hold so he can focus on running the club.

topgeartopgear.jpg

Hammond and his co-stars Jeremy Clarkson and James May

Interview with Richard Hammond:

Q: What made you take up the job as Chairman?

A: Well I have always had a soft spot for Hereford since I was growing up as I was born just down the road. I have always wanted a carear in football and since I can't play or motivate people very well I thought that this was the job for me.

Q:What do you think about the current manager?

A: I think we have a very good manager, he is good tactically and makes smart decisions regarding transfers. Hopefully he can lead us to the higher divisions in the near future.

Q: Does this mean it is the end of Top Gear?

A: Erm....No, I lover doing that show, it is possibly the best job in the world, apart from this of course. I get to travel the world and drive nice cars, what more could a man want?

Q:Will we be seeing any of your co-stars around and about Hereford?

A: Probably not Jeremy is more of a Rugby man and sports arn't James' cup of tea, so your stuck with me.

mcc3zc.gif

Bentley Joins As Kazim-Richards Replacement

David Bentley has completed his move to Swansea, as he replaces Colin Kazim-Richards

With Colin Kazim Richards sold to Fenerbache just a couple of days ago, it didn't take Swansea long before they brought in a replacement for Kazim-Richards, with former Norwich, Blackburn, Arsenal & Spurs winger David Bentley joining Swansea from Lille. Bentley was always unhappy in France, ever since he completed his move from Spurs to French Ligue 1 side Lille as he always looked to play in Britain. And he has finally returned to Britain after Swansea managed to bring him into the club inplace of Colin Kazim Richards.

He joins for a £5,300,000 fee, a bargain seeing as Swansea boss Aidan Radford has said that he is a better player than Kazim Richards overall. With Kazim Richards being sold for £2,900,000 more than Bentley was brought in for. The Swansea boss insists that the large fee of profit which Swansea have seen themselves gain in the two transfer dealings will be spent back into the transfer market as they look to improve in a lot more positions then the right side of midfield.

He's a highly rated player in English football and the Swansea fans can only be over the moon with this transfer. He'll almost immeadiatly be a fans favourite at the Liberty Stadium, and if he can get a few goals to his name his manager will be feeling the praise for the signing of Bentley. Swansea City manager Aidan Radford has said that the only reason he sold Kazim Richards, was seeing David Bentley availible for that fee. So Radford couldn't do anything but sell the Turkish International, and replace him with an England International who although now well out of the side could work his way back into things.

Bentley is glad to be playing football back in England, and he knows that it's a great opportunity to make a name for himself back in British football after Spurs decided they didn't want him. He admits that being thrown out of Tottenham was a major blow for him, but if he knew that not so long later he'd be returning to Britain with Swansea and a chance to try and get regular football and get Swansea back up into Divison one then he'd of happily left Tottenham with that in mind. He'll get regular football at Swansea, which does give him a chance to prove himself but he will need to be more clinical than Colin Kazim Richards, who could only score one goal in his time at Swansea so a few goals for Bentley will do far from harming the team.

Swansea City manager Aidan Radford is delighted to have clinched the signature of David Bentley, and he does admit that he was suprised when no-one else came into rival there bid. With Liverpool, Sunderland, Sheffield United, Peterborough & Gillingham also keeping track of his progress at Lille. Radford said that although he didn't have the best of times at Lille that it wont matter much and he's sure that it wont take Bentley long to settle in at Swansea and make an impact on the team. He does have just over a week before the season starts, with Bentley expected to start the season opener so the manager is confident he will be fully fit for the match.

That can only do good for them, as they aim for promotion and Bentley is a player as good as any other winger in Divison 2. He'll be a real asset to Swansea down the right-side of midfield, with pace a strong cross and the well documented shot from range and volleys from the half way line. It's worked for Darron Gibson, and his time at the club so why shouldn't it work for Bentley. He's expected to be wearing the number 7 shirt for Swansea, as they will reveal there shirt numbers at the start of next season. But for now the manager has more important issues to deal with, starting with selling Roque Santa Cruz who has attracted no interest as of yet.

Guest Higgy

West Ham United sign Spanish Starlet!

12705527774bbb18c9f2f3a.jpg

West Ham United have announced that they have agreed a fee to sign Gimnàstic de Tarragona's 19 year old wonder, Alex Cruz. The 19 year old UD Vecindario Juvenil product broke into Nastic's first team, and became a regular off the bench and managed to bag 3 goals to his name.

"I am delighted to have signed for the Hammers, I expect to gradually break into the first team, although I will join the youth squad first. I have heard about the Youth Cup and am looking forward to taking part as it's something new."

Alex is currently in London to discuss his contract details and conduct a medical, he is expected to finalize his deal by late tonight. Alex is now Gharib's 54th signing as West Ham boss and he certainly is not his last.

Report: Watford Sign Spanish Wizard From Getafe

Spanish-born attacker stated to commit his future to Watford...

June 5, 2010

tumblr_l0tjjwILOV1qax2cwo1_400.jpg

| Dani caused troubles to Championship's defender |

Watford young striker Dani Pacheco is determined

to stay at the club despite speculative reports linked

him to a move to Burnley.

Watford's star is widely monitored by numbers of club

after a tremendous season helped Watford to finish

at the top of the Championship, scoring 16 league goals

and 9 assists last season. Besides, he was nominated

as one of the Young Player of the Year and became

Watford’s Best Player of the Season.

Watford on Friday rejected Burnley’s offer for the

19-year-old, who still has four years left on his contract

with the English club.

“I want to win with the Watford’s shirt.

I still have years left on my contract.

Why should i leave the club which

won the Championship for other

clubs?

“And, on the whole, I don't believe

that I will ever leave the club in near

future.” Dani said.

He also believes under Kaito’s management Watford

will find no difficult in the Premiership next season.

“Kaito is a world class manager,

very genius. I believe we will be

able to cope with the Premiership’s

club.” the 19-year-old Spanish

under-20 international revealed.

Related Link

Team

Burnley

Watford

Player

Dani Pacheco

mcc3zc.gif

Swansea Seal Crouch Swap Deal

Peter Crouch joins Swansea, in a swap deal in the place of Roque Santa Cruz

Swansea City have had a busy morning in terms of transfer talk, as after signing David Bentley as a replacement for Colin Kazim Richards, they sealed a deal for Peter Crouch in a swap deal for Roque Santa Cruz. A shocking deal since Swansea didn't even consider Crouch as a possible target this morning, but Sheffield United came to Swansea to try and agree a deal with the Blades interested in Santa Cruz, and after about an hours negoiations the two clubs settled on a £4,900,000 deal for Crouch, with Santa Cruz included.

Swansea had earlier completed the signing of David Bentley, which in itself was a result in the transfer market, but deals are speeding up as they've signed Crouch aswell as another target not far off a move to Swansea. The deal for Crouch, was funded with the profit with the money gained for bringing in Bentley for a much cheaper fee than they sold Kazim Richards for. The Swansea boss had said that the money would go straight into the transfer market, and he was true to his word as a deal got arranged pretty quickly between Swansea & Sheffield United.

The Swans boss has said that he knows it's a lot to pay aswell as putting Santa Cruz in the deal, but he insists that one or two reserves will be sold at big profits allowing them plenty of funds to agree other deals despite a lot of there current money being put into the deal. They still want to bring in a strong centre midfielder to partner Leiva Lucas, aswell as bringing in an attacking midfielder and a centre back this month as the new season starts off with a lot of buisness being done in Division 2 with a lot of the stronger sides looking to strengthen further in what will be a very tight division next season with a whole host of clubs looking to be battling at the right end of the table including Swansea & Sheffield United.

Santa Cruz is dissapointed to see his half a season at Swansea come to an end, after he was succesfull infront of goal despite a bit of goal draught towards the end of the season. Santa Cruz made 17 appearances for Swansea, with a total of 10 goals putting his goals to game ratio at more than a goal every other game. An impressive record for a player who's lacked form ever since moving on from Blackburn. He was a fans favourite at Swansea, but he'll now be a Sheffield United player where he's looking for regular football and some goals to his name to carry on his form from last season.

Peter Crouch has seen himself now at four clubs in the season, and he's looking for some stability at Swansea as he looks to be playing for a lot less clubs than he did in this season. He started of at Spurs, but found himself at Milan before long as part of the deal which saw Ronaldinho join Milan. He then joined Sheffield United as his third club in the season, in a deal involving Ched Evans and he now finds himself joining Swansea. He scored 7 goals in 17 appearances at Sheffield United, but seven of those appearances were from the bench as Sheffield United looked at other options. The manager is happy with the signing of Peter Crouch, a player he's always watched closely and can't wait to see him in a Swansea City shirt.

Guest Higgy

Swansea will never make it big, We'll be in the top four next season - West Ham Boss Gharib

muñiz.jpg

Ahmed Gharib today criticized Swansea City's new transfer policy and said that the club will never make it big with such a 'limiting' approach. Here are Gharib's exact words in the press conference which took place in Malaga where the English National Team prepares for the World Cup:

"Swansea are a very respectable team, but their philosophy will need to be altered slightly to ensure the club keeps going forward. With their transfer policy of only buying English or English based players. It can be very limiting and I cannot see Swansea ever making it big unless this transfer Policy which Mr. Radford has brought with him is altered."

Ahmed Gharib then discussed the season ahead, for which he claims he can see West Ham United making the top four. He also discussed the hammers' signings so far:

"I do believe we can make the top four, you don't need to look further than the last month of the season (May), were the squad was complete and we gave it our all.. We had an unbeaten month, beating title winners Liverpool, we also beat Giants chelsea and Manchester United. As well as an impressive 4-4 draw with Arsenal. What do I think about our signings? I'm very pleased with them to be perfectly honest. Eremenko is a great deep lying midfielder who should have no problem partnering De Rossi, Curci is a great goal keeper who I am confident in and Jordi Codina is another excellent Goalie who will be great back up. The youth we've brought in are great as well, I have nothing but praise for Alex Cruz and Ramalho, Geraldo is another big talent to have joined."

Leicester exodus underway

x3ssab.jpg

Humphries starts his transfer dealings

Since arriving back from his after season holiday Mat Humphries has now began the rebuilding of his squad in preparation for the long hard season ahead.

The first Player to leave was Nelson Dida who left the club after a fantastic season in which has saw AC Milan wanting to buy him back for nearly double the fee they initially sold him to Leicester City for.

today was no different as Leicester announced that they had accepted bids For David Sauzo and Lopes Wesley.

Sauzo settled in very quickly to the pace and rigours of division 2 and enjoyed his very first season at Leicester striking a potent partnership with Darren Bent scoring some very important goals while Picking up the award for the most assists in division 2, Lopes's fortunes were a stark contrast to that of Sauzo, Wesley Constantly Found him self on the periphery of humphries's Plans scoring just 2 goals which is ultimately the reason why he finds himself on the plane back to Brazil.

Two Other Players facing the chop are Swiss striker Albert Bunjaku and Bulgarian defender Aleksander Tunchev. Bunjaku was Humphries's first choice striker earlier on in the season where his goal scoring record was second to none but with the Arrival of Sauzo and then England hopeful Darren Bent Bunjaku found himself Quickly slipping down the pecking order at Leicester and now Humphries wants to cash in on him as soon as the chance a rise's.

With cash now available and burning a hole in Cheryl's Purse It is thought that Humphries has made several bids in which will prepare Leicester for the coming season.

THE QUIZ - ANSWERS REVEALED

Q1 ) Who were the winners of the EC5579 Season 1 Championship?

A1 ) The first of a couple of trick questions here for some I think. The Answer was Watford. They won the Championship division, and promotion to the Premier League this season.

Q2 ) When EC5579 was established - West Ham Utd were taken by a forumer. what was the name of the forumer at that time?

A2 ) That was MadridXxXLiete - Commonly now known as Higgy!!!

Q3 ) Who was the manager of England for the 1990 World Cup final?

A3 ) A nice little World Cup question here to celebrate the occasion. The answer was infact Bobby Robson. RIP!

Q4 ) Newcastle Utd - promoted back to the Premier league here in EC5579 thanks to the terrific playoff victory over Coventry City? That match was played at Wembley Stadium. However, Newcastle Utd do not play at Wembley, as their home ground is St James's Park. But who else plays at St James's Park?

A4 ) Haha well this was one hell of a prickly bush of a trick question. The correct answer was nobody else does. Research this alllll you like guys - it wasnt actually Exeter. Exeter play at St James' Park - not St James's Park :D If you paid close attention to the wording of this question - you might of got it!

Q5 ) What does Aidy Boothroyd, and The Kaito have in common?

A5 ) You will have scored 1 point for the following answers: They both secured promotion with Watford. They both secured promotion to the Premier League with Watford. I am only going to award 1/2 a point for giving the answers of: They both managed Watford. No point for saying that they managed a Football team!

NOW TIME TO COUNT UP AND ANNOUNCE THE WINNER!

mcc3zc.gif

Radford - "Why's The England Boss Complaining?"

Radford answers Ahmed Gharib's comments, that Swansea will never succeed with there transfer policy.

With Ahmed Gharib critising Swansea boss Aidan Radford's transfer policy, as he hit back at the man who calls himself the countries national team coach, yet critises Swansea's manager for bringing in a lot of English players into the club. Gharib hit out at Radford, after he signed Peter Crouch & David Bentley suggesting that buying only English or Engish based players will get Swansea absoloutly nowhere, whilst they look for promotion to Division 1. Gharib has been in the spotlight recentley, after Bolton boss Ashley Duffy wasn't happy that John Bostock was picked above Bolton midfielder Steve Sidwell for the World Cup. With Gharib's World Cup squad including Swansea player Gabriel Agbonlahor & Phil Jagielka.

The Swansea manager is bringing in players who he feels can do the job, and the managers contacts lie in England, and plenty of English players have joined the club. With the regular 11 at Swansea, now containing nine British players, with the other three being British based. But the Swansea boss is insisting that although a lot of his players are English that the squad is improving, and that he is open to bringing in one or two foreign players who are based outside England but only if the right player comes along. But as for the moment he feels that the best player in the market that are availible are currently British.

Radford has said that it doesn't really matter what nationality his players are, and he feels the foreign boss Ahmed Gharib just wants some Spanish or Egyptian influence of the Swansea squad despite him being the England manager. With the Swansea boss just a bit shocked that the current England boss and the manager that England feel can win them the World Cup, is critising managers and feeling that managers can't have any success with a squad full of English and British players. The Swansea boss is happy with the work that Gharib has done with England, in taking them to the World Cup but is worried if he's the right man for the job if he feels that English players can't bring success.

The Swansea Boss Replied to Gharib's Comments in a Press Conference:

I'm not quiet sure why Gharib's complaining. He's supposed to be managing England in the World Cup, and just before the World Cup he feels that a squad full of English players can't be succesfull and can't reach the heights of Divison 1. He's done a great job with England, but i'm not too shore that he's the right man for the job after these comments. I still feel we have a strong squad, there's plenty of succesfull squads in Division 2 who look to bring in English players just look at Sheffield United and to a limit Leicester City. If we got promoted, then there's not too many big British players in the market who could do a good job there, so we may look outside of our usual transfer targets and look to bring a few foreigners. We may decide to bring in a foreigner or two now, it's just we need to find the right transfer target. Were not just going to go out and completely change our way of thinking because of what Ahmed Gharib says. We've got to the English Shield final, reached the play-offs and brought in some England internationals, we are succesfull the fans are happy, the board is happy, the players are happy and i'm happy. Were still strengthening the side, and were just going to focus on the pitch and see if we can get the promotion we are after and reach Division 1.

THE RESULT

1) DarloFC

Score = 2 1/2 points

2) Higgy

Score = 4 points

3) Aaron The Harnett

Score = 2 points

4) The Candyman

Score = 2 points

5) Gozzy

Score = 3 1/2 points

6) SwanseaJack

Score = 3 points

7) EdMoses

Score = 3 points

8) .1878

Score = 3 points

9) JamesDuff

Score = 1 1/2 points

THE WINNER OF THE COMPETITION APPEARS TO BE THE ONE OF OUR VERY OWN - HIGGY!!!

THE CHAMPIONSHIP MAKES CHANGES

Coca+Cola_1665_19554832_0_0_7003816_300.jpg

As you may well, or may well not know - in real life football - The well known coke brand 'Coca - Cola' have stopped their sponsorship with the English Football League. It was once known as the Coca - Cola League Two, Coca - Cola League One, and the Coca Cola Championship.

In real life - it is now going to be the nPower League 2, nPower Championship etc. However - the twist is... NOT HERE!

716_10.th.jpg

The EC5579 Football League has agreed a deal with 'Higgy' to become the new sponsors of the bottom 3 divisions of English League Football!!!

So - you heard it here first. Season 2 offers something of a unique taste to the ear, and eye alike.

Welcome to the Higgy League 2, the Higgy League 1, and wait for it.... yes - The Higgy Championship!

Guest Higgy

Did I go in that hard? - Gharib

2500432w.jpg

Earlier today Gharib criticized Swansea City's new transfer policy and said that they would never make it big. Swansea boss replied by saying that as the England Manager Gharib shouldn't be complaining and Gharib think's Aidan missed the point of his criticism.

"Aidan's reply? It was off topic. He's clearly a bit slow and missed the point of the criticism. My point is that buying players from one nationality is a limiting approach whatever the nationality is. That is why in my opinion while under Aidan Radford Swansea will not succeed unless the philosophy he has brought with him is altered. He was obviously angry that I criticized him.. I didn't feel I wen't in that hard really."

hereford.jpg

Duo sign for Hereford

Hereford United chairman Richard Hammond has today confirmed the signing of two new players. The first to be confirmed was American full back Ryan Miller. Miller signs from Sweedish side Halmstads BK and he has agreed a four year deal worth £7,000 per week. The fee is believed to be around £475,000. Although this is a hefty price to pay for cash strapped Hereford, he provides some much needed cover in both the right back and leftback position however he prefers to play right back. The other signing was Spanish striker Maceira Ivan Perez who signs in a deal worth £350,000 from Spanish side Devortivo. However he will find it hard as Hereford already have a vast array striking options.

Ivan-Perez-Maceiras_006.jpg

Spanish Striker Perez

Gharib Is Ideed Correct

Yhanick Speaks

I am not getting into this really but Gharib is totally correct about the whole situation. In such a competitive setup trying to maintain a squad or first team from one nationality is only addding to the chances of failing to get promotion. There is no doubt that there are very highly rated and talented players that are English but Aidan will soon come to his sences and realise that he is putting added pressure on his club than helping them; in trying to maintain and achieve such personal goal.

Swansea City is in a lot of pressure to gain promotion next season......and many fans including me were disappointed in not achieving this. As a huge fan of Swansea City I hope the manager brings in who is best for the club no matter English or any other nationality. That does not mean the likes of Crouch are not extremely good signings.....but can the manager guarantee loyal Swansea fans such as myself that this will payoff at the end of season two as if it doesn't I will hope they fire him for this.

mcc3zc.gif

My Job Will be Safe, Promotion or Not

With the season not even started, Blackburn manager Yhannick Scott feels Radford should be sacked if he doesn't achieve promotion.

With earlier scenes today, seeing West Ham boss Ahmed Gharib feeling the Swansea manager needs to change his transfer policies calming down peacefully, it's all kicked off again as Blackburn boss Yhannick Scott feels he should have his say in things as usual with the loudmouth backing up Gharibs claims but added more controvesy to things, in saying that he's a fan of a club and that he feels that if Swansea don't reach promotion then Radford should face the sack. The Swansea manager had his views on things earlier today, in questioning the West Ham boss for critising an English based squad whilst he himself in managing the English National Team.

Radford's feeling it's mad that he should part ways with the club he's built up with his bare hands, guiding what was a squad lacking confidence into an English Shield Final something that Blackburn are from achieving, also managing to get into the play-offs and build up a strong squad. He's suprised that Yhannick would just judge his squad, without anythought into things without the seasonn even starting and he feels that he should get on with his own job at Blackburn, as he feels that's not safe after Yhannick was close to parting with the club last season.

Radford Responded to Scott's Comments:

It's fair that he can have an opinion, but he doesn't have to publically reveal them infront of the press. You don't see me commenting on his squad, performances or transfer policy, but he always has an opinion, he likes the sound of his own voice and it's not a good thing. He claims he's a fan, he hasn't watched us all season, not a good example of a fan but that's what you get in foreign football. Were looking for promotion, if we don't reach it it's not the end of the world, we'll be up there eventually, with me Swansea get stability i'll be here for years. There's no chance of Brydon sacking me, me and him have developed a close bond and he checks every deal in and out of the club and he is happy with my work in the market. I've built this squad up, with Brydon, i wont be leaving this club anytime soon. There's a lot of squads built around nationalitys, the success at the club is just attracting managers opinions, Sheffield United, Blackpool, Swindon there's plenty of clubs bringing in English or in the case of Swindon, American players. We'll continue in this manor, the season hasn't started yet, the possibility and talks of sacking is just ridicolous. I'm more than happy at Swansea, and i'm currently preparing with the squad for next season.

Millwall boss has his say in the war of words between Gharib and Radford

argument-380x258.jpg

Gharib and Radford both believe in different phylosophy

While Parker was on holiday in Spain to watch the world cup, "The soccermanager times" caught up with the Millwall boss and he answered a few question. The main question that will catch the eyes of most people will be his take on Ahmed Gharib and Aidan Radford's war of words. Ahmed Ghabir has publicly came out and had a go at Swansea boss Aidan Radford for his dealings in the transfer market. While being the England boss Ghabir has had the audacity to come out and say that Swansea will not be able to succeed in the top flight if they continue to buy only British players or British based players. Whilst being accused of only buying players who used to ply their trade in England, Swansea boss Radford claimed that he's found it really hard to believe that the England manager is criticising him when he should be congratulating him for bringing all these players back to England. This was the Millwall's boss take on what has been happening.

"I really hope that all these words coming from Ghabir doesn't come back to haunt him. He's got a whole nation expecting big things from this world cup and having said these things on the eve the tournament will not go down so well with the people back home. What was the point in criticising Radford anyway? It's his team and he's got the right to buy whoever he wants. You don't see other managers going up to Ghabir and suggesting that he should be buying this player or that player. He should have just stayed quiet and got on with his work. Also criticising a manager for buying English players is a total joke. Ghabir should be pleased with the players Radford is bringing in. It makes Ahmed's job easier as it saves him the pain from travelling to different countries to watch players play. For Ahmed's sake, I hope that he can atleast get us to reach the semis. In my opinion anything less will be a disaster. With the squad he has at his disposal and the experience he possesses it should be a piece of cake but if he doesn't achieve these goals then I expect people to pass all the blame onto Ghabir for his stupid rant.

If you were to ask me if I agree with Radford's dealing in the transfer market, then I would say that I'm not a big fan of his phylosophy as well. I'm not the greatest fan of buying English players but now's not the time to discuss this. It's none of my business and I don't intend to advice Aidan who he should buy or who he shouldn't.

There we have it. Those was the views of Millwall boss Hans Parker. Most of the points made by Parker will surely be read by both Gharib and Radford and he expects both of them to respond to his comments.