Sign in to follow this  
Guest Higgy

English Championship 5579 -Match Report/Transfer Gossip Thread

Re: English Championship 5579 -Match Report/Transfer Gossip Thread

THE JOOLES S&M CHAMPIONSHIP

THE LATEST CONFIRMED TELEVISED MATCHES

Turn 9

Hull City vs Reading

Two of the early high flyers meet at the KC Stadium, in what is probably the biggest game so far this season. Both sides look like they can mount an automatic promotion fight already this season, and this game will certainly be an entertaining one.

BBC1

Middlesbrough vs Barnsley

Barnsley started off the campaign very well, but there form has worn off and there left just trying to get back to the sort of form that saw them win the first three games of the season. Middlesbrough haven't had a great start to the season, and there looking for a win to start a turn around this season as they'll probably be looking to at least push for the play-offs this season.

SKYSPORTS2

Turn 10

Bristol City vs Crystal Palace

Bristol City have had a very good start to the season, whilst Crystal Palace are proving to be Divison 2 quality so far this season. The two meet at Ashton Gate in what will be a very well fought out and tight fixture which could go either way.

SKY SPORTS 1

Turn 11

Queens Park Rangers vs Wolverhampton Wanderers

Two very entertaining sides meet at Loftus Road on the 11th December. It'll certainly be a tight fixture, but it should also be full of goals with the attacking talent on display at both clubs.

BBC2

Turn 12

Shrewsbury Town vs Aston Villa

Two seasons ago, who would have thought these two sides would be playing eachover in a league fixture on this date. Well they are, and the way Shrewsbury have been going about things they'll be fancied to get something from the game.

SKY SPORTS 1

Turn 13

Derby County vs Peterborough United

It's not the biggest of fixtures that'll be televised, but it should still be a game well worth watching. Peterborough are having a strong start to the season as ever, whilst Derby have been two completely different teams at times to say the least.

SKY SPORTS 2

Turn 14

Swansea City vs Barnsley

Despite having a stronger squad, Swansea aren't going to be fancied to win this game. Barnsley are improving and the manager gets the best out of his side, unlike Swansea but this game will be interesting and certainly entertaining.

SKY SPORTS 2

Re: English Championship 5579 - Match Report/Transfer Thread

4qlwuh.png

CHAMPIONSHIP CHECK UPS - TURN 8

Believe it or not, where in December and we'll be hoping for some Christmas crakers over the next three and a half weeks as the countdown to christmas is underway. There's plenty of great games tonight, and a lot of enjoyable fixtures which i'm sure will end up with a lot of good and entertaining games.

aQzlJRjXSGY

Reading vs Ipswich Town

Positions: 1st vs 18th

• After a convincing 4-1 away win against Millwall, Reading face a much easier task as they play Ipswich Town at the Madejski Stadium. I can only see this one going one way, and that's a Reading victory. They've been doing so well recentley and deserve to be top of the league, whilst Ipswich haven't showed much this season and look likely relegation contenders.

Prediction: 4-0

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Hull City

Positions: 3rd vs 2nd

• The game of the day see's Hull City likely to need a win from this fixture to remain in the promotion places. A defeat would mean Wolves would be a certainty to overtake them, whilst a draw wouldn't be enough with so many sides just lurking behind them and waiting to pounce. I don't think they'll get a win though, with Wolves being a very strong side and difficult to beat - especially at Molineux.

Prediction: 1-1

Bristol City vs Coventry City

Positions: 4th vs 6th

• This game see's another two sides that have been doing very well for themselves this season meet at Ashton Gate. Both sides are in the play-offs after some very good performances, and they've both proved that can win against anybody in this divison over the last season and so. I think Bristol City will edge it though with the home advantage.

Prediction: 3-2

Barnsley vs Derby County

Positions: 5th vs 14th

• Barnsley ended a run of poor form with a suprising win away from home against top of the league Hull City to put themselves back in a strong league position. Derby County are very inconsistant, going from a 4-0 away win at Middlesbrough to a 2-0 home defeat against Queens Park Rangers and you never know what your going to get out of them. I think with Derby's inconsistancy you can't be sure of a good performance, and i think Barnsley will take all three points from the game.

Prediction: 2-0

Queens Park Rangers vs Middlesbrough

Positions: 7th vs 10th

• In there last match, QPR managed to beat Derby County away from home 2-0. A week ago, Middlesbrough managed to loose to Derby County at home 4-0. But both of these sides are two of the many inconsistant sides in the divison and you never know what your going to get out of either of them, i personally think that this game will be a let down and not live up to hyped expectation.

Prediction: 0-0

Cardiff City vs Aston Villa LIVE ON SKYSPORTS1 - COVERAGE STARTS AT 19:30

Positions: 15th vs 8th

• Cardiff haven't been doing well recentley, whilst Aston Villa are on the back of just the one point from there last two games, not bad for the average side but not good enough for Aston Villa. Aston Villa managed to show there high Divison class by beating Chelsea 4-1 but with some tired players, there bound to play a weakend side and i think Cardiff City can get back to winning ways.

Prediction: 2-1

Peterborough United vs Crystal Palace

Positions: 9th vs 11th

• Peterborough are doing very well for themselves, and having beat Sheffield United on Saturday there looking for another win as they place Crystal Palace. It'll be a difficult task though gainst the side who's had the best start to the season after seven games from the three promoted sides. I think this'll probably end up level.

Prediction: 2-2

Swansea City vs Millwall

Positions: 19th vs 12th

• Swansea have been boosted by the signing of Moussa Dembele and after three draws they'll be looking for a win now to get themselves out of there current position. Millwall is a difficult fixture, but after Reading won comfortably at The New Den on Saturday i think this might well be Swansea's first home win of the season.

Prediction: 1-0

Watford vs Shrewsbury Town

Positions: 17th vs 13th

• Both sides are capable of beating one another, and although i feel it'll be a tight game Shrewsbury have been the more consistant side so i feel there more likely to get the three points from the game.

Prediction: 1-2

Brighton and Hove Albion vs Sheffield United

Positions: 16th vs 20th

• Sheffield United are still without a win this season, and it doesn't look like they'll pick it up as they go to Brighton in search of some points. Brighton have been doing very well and i think they'll edge the win tonight.

Not 100% sure if div3 is still being done, anyway just incase i've done a quick one, if i stood on anyone's toes, i'll bow down and apologise..

DIVISION 3 CHECKUPS

WYCOMBE (8) v CHARLTON (4)

Both clubs are unbeaten in their last 4 games and charlton will want to keep the pressure on the top 3 while wycombe will be tryingto get in the top 6..

prediction 1-2

PLYMOUTH (18) V SHORPE (6)

Shorpe will be looking to keep their top 6 status and will be looking to pile more misery on SOP poor Plymouth,

prediction 0-4

MKD (15) V SHEFF WEDS (7)

Mid table MKD will be hoping to get 3points from an unmanaged Wednesday, while Wednesday will be trying to get into the top 6

prediction 1-1

SOUTHEND (9) V STOKE (10)

Stoke will go into tonites game knowing that they are in better form than southend..

prediction 0-0

DAGENHAM (5) V NORWICH (16)

Shack will be hoping that a win will put more pressure on the 4 clubs above him, while Ryan will be looking to stop the bad run of 1 win out of 6

prediction 4-1

DONCASTER (20) V OLDHAM (3)

Chazza has got to get his troops together to stop the winless streak, while Reddevil will want to get back on winning terms after 3 defeats on the bounce..

prediction 0-2

WBA (1) V HARTLEPOOL (11)

League leaders will be going to keep the top spot status, while Hartlepool will be looking for 3 points and climb closer to the top 6

prediction 2-1

TRANMERE (2)V BRISTOL ROVERS (14)

Tranmere will be hoping for all 3points to keep pressure on leaders WBA, while Bristol will hope to get back into the top 10, looking on the form over the last 6 matches Bristol are the inform team out of the two..

prediction 2-0

SOUTHAMPTON (12) V BURY (13)

Both teams will be looking to break into the top 10 but Southampton will go into tonites match as the inform team out the two..

prediction 1-0

NOTTS FOREST (19) V COLCHESTER (17)

Radebe will be looking to get out of the relegation zone and will be looking for a win since they avn't won in the last 6 games, Colchester will be looking to pile more problems on the Midlands club and pull away from the relegation zone..

prediction 2-2

LENNY'S BEN & JERRYS PREMIER LEAGUE

m9ubdt.jpg

PREMIER CHECK UP - TURN (8)

fLb213lak5s

The festive season is now underway! Christmas is just around the corner, and we are sure to provide some real christmas crackers to end the year 2010!!! 2010 has brought us some memorable moments - and througout this final month of the year, we will be bringing back the TOP 10 MOMENTS OF ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP 5579 2010!!!! DO NOT MISS OUT!!!

Chelsea vs Black Burn Rovers - LIVE ON SKY SPORTS 1 & HD 1 - COVERAGE STARTS AT 7:30 PM GT

League Positions = 9th vs 1st

Chelsea host Black Burn at Stamford Bridge in part 1 of Wednesday Night Football Live! Can Chelsea end the rather bizzarly incredible start to Bibi and Black Burn Rover's season? Tonight is by far Blackburn's toughest test to date, and their 100% record is in threat. But, victory tonight and you would have to say - forget being a suprise top 4 candidate - count them in for the title race! But, can Chelsea win and keep their title dream well on?

LAWRO'S VITAL VERDICT: 3-2

Liverpool vs Newcastle

League Positions = 5th vs 19th

Pre Season title favirotes Liverpool face slight relegation threatened outfit Newcastle at Anfield, as part 2 of W.N.F.L! Can Bail's strong unit damage Newcastle more, and keep them grounded inside the Premier League's bottom 3? Or Can Femme Fatalie and her Toon claim a massive win?

LAWRO'S VITAL VERDICT: 2-0

Bolton Wanderes vs Tottenham Hotspur

League Positions = 3rd vs 2nd

Two fast starters meet at the Reebok tonight in search of continuing that. Ashh set his Bolton mission this season as a top 6 finish. Their start shows that it is certainly well within their reach, if not better! Spurs were my pre season tip for a top 4 finish, and theyre showing they could even win the division right now! Their start has done no harm! But theyve just been beaten by Bail's Liverpool, which has seen them fall 3 points more adift of suprise leaders Blackburn. You feel tonight is a must win if they want to win the big prize!

LAWRO'S VITAL VERDICT: 1-1

Everton vs Manchester City

League Positions = 17th vs 10th

One of the bookies favirotes for the title this season Manchester City go into tonights game no less than 15 points adrift of top spot. If man City want to win the title, then yes, ALARM BELLS!!! They are 17th at the minute, and hovering around relegation!!! Tonight wouldnt be a bad place to get a win and restore some of the confidence the FA Cup holders showed us last season and during pre season!

Arsenal vs Blackpool

League Positions = 4th vs 13th

One of the key rewards for Blackpool's dramatic promotion last season comes tonight. They travel to London, Emirates Stadium, to take on title contenders Arsenal. Can the Gunners keep out the suprise threat of the newboys. Rememer this team beat Man Utd (current 5579 champions) on Manchester turf alredy this season. They are certainly capable of adding Arsenal to their list! This week we caught up with new boss Doru at Blackpool!

Q: You are fairly new here at Blackpool. Hows life here so far?

A:Life's great so far. I have a weak squad and I was expecting to fight for relegation and gain a few points against some of the weakest teams , but so far I had some nice results. And the GW is pretty competitive which I also enjoy.

Q: Has EC5579 been pretty much what you was expecting personally?

A:Not at all. You see...I'm not very comfortable with older game worlds , I prefer the new ones where I can go and fight for any player available and where I can build the squad in the way I want to , but here it's different and that's why I like this new challenge.

Q: You are not the most popular manager within the setup. Do you think by achieving a high standard with the Seasiders will lead to a rise in your popularity?

A:Honestly, I don't care about my popularity , I have to be honest with you. I'm playing other online games too and in one of them I'm a moderator and I'm kinda used with not being too popular between the members , but it's just a game in the end. You like me or not , I've paid to play this game and I'll play it. Don't get me wrong ,I won't be arrogant I just won't quit the GW , only because there are a few guys who are jealous that I've got a first division team and they're working hard to reach the top. I respect them and I admire them for what they're doing.

Q: You havent the strongest of squads. Your aim is to survive relegation I guess. Can you do just that?

A:I won't be able to survive relegation... this is not my nature. My only aim is a SMFA place at the end of season and I really hate setting myself low targets , I always want to be the best and I hope that in 2-3 seasons I'll be able to set as my aim , the first division title.Till then I'll work hard to improve my squad and my tactics.

Q: How big a bonus will survival be for the club?

A:As long as I won't reach SMFA Shield at least , there won't be any bonuses. I'm pretty confident that I can survive in first division , but there's no bonus in surviving here if this is all you do . I have to catch a high position to get more money and improve my squad faster.

Q: Finally, tonight you face a tough trip to Arsenal. Youve beaten current champions Man Utd alredy this season. Surely that makes you feel you can beat anyone on your day?

A:But I've also been crushed by Chelsea for being too confident. I have some surprises prepared for Arsenal tonight and I hope it will work , if not I'll just get used with it. It's a top 4 team , both in real life and in this Game World with one of the best squads , I won't be disappointed if I lose. But 3 points are always welcomed and I'll wait for them :D.

This guy certainly has a got a unique personallity, and I do like it! I think Blackpool are going places here with Doru! I think they'll steal a sharing tonight.

LAWRO'S VITAL VERDICT: 2-2

Manchester Utd vs Preston N.End

League Positions = 11th vs 8th

Who would of predicted Preston to be above the champions Manchester United after 7 games? Hmmm. They are struggling the red devils. But, they cans till win the title and make it successful defence. Tonights huge though if they'll do that!

LAWRO'S VITAL VERDICT: 1-2

Portsmouth vs Fulham

League Positions = 6th vs 12th

Theyre finding life too tough in the Champions League, but if they want another bite of the highest level, Pompey need to reproduce a top 4 finish this season? Theyre 6th through 7 which is good going really, but tonight they face tough opposition in Scout's Fulham.

West Ham Utd vs Wigan Athletic

League Positions = 7th vs 18th

Lastly we see West Ham and Destine host struggling Latics, Wigan at Upton Park. The question all Hammers fans are wondering is "How far can we go this season?" Well the sky's the limit, but they need to get on a nice run of wins first. Tonights a starting point, yes but after 4-0 to preston on Saturday - I beg to differ!

LAWRO'S VITAL VERDICT: 1-3

AND ALSO TONIGHT....

Leicester City vs Sunderland

League Positions = 16th vs 15th

LAWRO'S VITAL VERDICT: 2-3

Birmingham City vs Burnley

League Positions = 14th vs 20th

LAWRO'S VITAL VERDICT: 2-2

WHATS BEEN THE "HIGHLIGHT" MOMENT OF 2010 IN EC 5579?

Stoke's back to back relegation?

Peterborough's resistence in the first 2 seasons to stay in the Championship?

Cardiff's amazing relegation battle fightback lasts eason under Dudeskin?

Arouna Kone's presence?

Higgy's departure?

The creation of EC5579 in general?

Roque Santa Cruz?

Doomed Doncaster?

THERES SO MANY CONTENDERS - BUT WHO'LL BE #01?

STARTING FROM SOMETIME SOON THIS MONTH - TO THE END OF 2010 (THIS MONTH) WE WILL BE COUNTING DOWN FROM 10, TO 1 OF THE BEST MOMENTS OF 2010 IN EC5579! THE FIRST YEAR OF THE AMAZING SETUP!

STAY TUNED!

Sheffield%20United%20274.png

Blades On The Trail Of Top Duo

Sheffield United Football Club are pleased to confirm the club are currently trying to bring in two new faces to the club proir to the next home game against Bristol on Saturday.Both the targets have a very high pedigree and would add much experience and quality to the squad ,but the club face huge interest from other club's for players signitures.

mystery_man.jpg

The club are hopefull that they have the upper hand in both deals,as Avram knows both players well and they have indicted that if there clubs can agree a fee they would both be happy to sign for the club,but as yet a deal is sone way off and other clubs could also become interested all the time a fee hasnt been agreed with the players clubs.

A win at last

The club board of directors and fans where delighted with last nights 5-1 away win against Brighton,but the board are still very aware of the fact the team still remain bottem of the league and one win ,is just that and the club and the team know we need to follow that up on Saturday against Bristol City.Grant Holt who played his first game for the club last night on loan from Man City,started off the scoring with Cole,Pennant and eagle(sub) all adding to a good night work,Holt looks set to start again up front with out of form Santa Cruz warming the bench.

Grant Holt below following his loan move from Manchester City

article-0-0AB1C7E9000005DC-113_306x423.jpg

mcc3zc.gif

Swansea City 2 - 2 Millwall

22, Hughes (O.G)

23, Giggs

74, Davis

87, Cattermole

mcc3zc.gif

lee-cattermole001.jpg

The Big Picture

Lee Cattermole saves Swansea at the death, with his first goal for Swansea earning them a points

Swansea City managed to pick up a point, which puts them out of the relegation zone with them now lying in 17th position. They got some goals aswell, which is a bonus, with them only scoring the one goal in the last five games before the game but they did find the net twice today which does give them some confidence. It was certainly a tale of yesterday and tommorow on the scoresheet, captain fantastic Ryan Giggs showed he still has it in him despite being at the old age of 36, whilst young 22 year old hard tackler Lee Cattermole scored his first Swansea City goal and more moments like that will certainly help his Swansea City future. Moussa Dembele's name in the teamsheet was the talking point before kick off, the Belgian's move to Swansea has been labelled as the biggest signing for the club since Ryan Giggs and he was in the squad upfront in place of Michael Chopra who had to settle for a place on the bench. Dean Whitehead was eligible to play for Swansea City for the first time tonight, but he was only given a place on the bench as Lee Cattermole was given the nod ahead of him to play alongside Mikel Arteta. Fabio Aurelio was given a starting place ahead of Michael Turner once again, whilst Michael Kightly was left with a place on the bench and recent signing Stephen Ward didn't even make the bench.

Moussa-Dembele.jpg

Moussa Dembele was in the starting line-up for his Swansea City debut

Ledley King came close with the first chance of the match, he picked up the ball on the edge of the box but he sliced his shot wide of the target in a chance he probably should have done better out of and at least hit the target. Mounir El Hamdaoui then should have scored, a cross to the far post found him left with a sitter but it was met with a poor contact and the ball went over the crossbar. Mikel Arteta was then left in the spotlight, having gone down in the box for a penalty. But instead of pointing for a penalty, he pointed for a free-kick and booked Arteta for diving. Later replays showed that Arteta clearly dived, and it was certainly one of the controversial moments of the game. Soon after that and it was the away side who took the lead, after having a lot of the ball and a lot of the chances. Steven Davis whipped the ball into the box, and Aaron Hughes under little pressure sliced the ball into his own net. A minute later and the scores were level, as Ryan Giggs showed his quality with a free-kick. Expertley curling the ball over the wall and into the top hand corner. Daniel Agger whipped the ball into the box, setting up a great chance but Milos Krasic couldn't take advantage of the chance as he fluffed the shot wide of the target and was left kicking himself in what turned out to be the last chance of the half.

ryan-giggs_1548971c.jpg

Ryan Giggs's free-kick was enough to put Swansea level at half-time

Oleksandr Kucher was brought down in the box, in what was the first event of the second half, and the referee waved played on as he waved away the penalty claims. It looked to be a penalty but Radford was left fuming on the sidelines as he felts Kucher should have been booked having not one the penalty, after seeing Mikel Arteta booked for diving in the first half of the game. Ledley King came close with half an hour remaining, King had lots of time on the edge of box which left him invited to take the shot but although his effort looked a good one it was deflected by a brave Daniel Agger block which limited the chance to being just a corner. King came close soon after aswell, with his third effort of the game as he looked Swansea City's main effort. A cross was whipped into the box finding Ledley King, he came close but his header grazed the top of the net leaving King frustrated as he felt he should have scored. But despite having all of the chances, it was Millwall who found the net in what well could have been the match winner. Steven Davis got on the end of a Milan Krasic cross, with a well placed header enough to beat Samir Handanovic. But it didn't turn out to be the match winner though, as Lee Cattermole found the net with three minutes to go. It was Cattermole's first goal for Swansea as he had an effort from 20 yards out which turned out to be not far from perfection as it went into the net like a rocket, and Cattermole celebrated in style infront of a delighted home support who were delighted to be going out of the game with a point.

_41513828_cattermole416.jpg

Cattermole was extatic after scoring the goal that earned Swansea a point

That Lee Cattermole goal was enough to give Swansea a point, which turned out to be the point to take Swansea City out of the relegation zone with 8 games played. There now back in with the pack, and some more decent results and they should rise out of there relegation troubles. They are in need of a win sooner or later though, to get there points tally above the number of games played, and that game might well be against Ipswich Town on Saturday. They play Ipswich looking for a win, they have a stronger side then there opposition and after draws against most stronger sides like Millwall, Sheffield United, Crystal Palace & Aston Villa they've got to be looking for a win from the game. There's a bit of confidence about Swansea now having managed to succesfully stop defeats but they do need to do a bit more and pick up some wins. They probably need to defend better then they have done, and score more goals when they have there opportunties as they have suffered infront of goal recentley. They'll be hoping Moussa Dembele starts getting some goals and they'll also be hoping for Gabriel Agbonlahor to get back into some sort of goalscoring form with him not scoring in sometime now.

mcc3zc.gif

Ryan Giggs Pleased To Still Have It At 37

ryangiggsPA_450x250.jpg

Ryan Giggs found the net on Saturday in his first game since turning 37

Swansea City super skipper Ryan Giggs has said today that's he's pleased to have played so well and scored a goal in his first game since turning the retiring age of 37. A lot of players would have retired by the time they'd turned the age of Ryan Giggs, but he's still going at the top of his game, still in the game and still playing to the top of his ability. He scored on Wednesday night, with a free-kick on 23 minutes the perfect comeback for Swansea having gone 1-0 down to an Aaron Hughes own goal just a minute earlier. Giggs remains a star player at Swansea City, despite so many young players looking to try and take over the likes of Ryan Giggs places in the squad. Giggs admits that he has been, and remains worried of loosing his place in the side, down to his age so he's trying his best to try and keep himself in the Swansea City first team to make sure that he remains in the squad on a regular basis. But Radford has given his captain a vote of confidence, telling him that he will remain a captain and a regular of the team for sometime. Radford's just hoping that he can remain injury free for the course of the season, so that he can play 30 games or more and make a succesfull impact on the first team and really be crucial to the first team. As for the retirement front, Giggs is certainly expected to remain at the club for at least untill May, and whilst the likely date of retirement is expected to be May 2012 when Giggs will be 38, Giggs is never likely to announce his retirement in advance. Giggs should be staying at Swansea for two more seasons, but after that he's likely to be sold in advance before his retirement as Swansea would like to get some sort of cash back on a player that they dished out a hefty sum on originally. Giggs will be looking to be a key figure on Saturday, as Swansea face Ipswich Town away from home. He's looking for a similar sor of impact that he made against Millwall as Swansea aim for all three points away to Ipswich. There on the back of four straight draws, and whilst they've been avoiding defeats they'd like to pick up a win to really boost there spirits and confidence. Giggs is the skipper for the game and he'll be left to fire the squad up before the game, the experience he gives to the side is unmatchable, and with the likes of Lee Cattermole, Gabriel Agbonlahor & Moussa Dembele still at a learning stage in there careers, Giggs will look to be playing for sometime. Giggs is certainly still at the top of his game, despite his age.

mcc3zc.gif

The Unopenness Of A Certain Burnley Manager

That special partnership of Ashley Young and Gabriel Agbonlahor is of the cards, with an uncoperative Burnley boss holding off any possible deal

Swansea City boss Aidan Radford is left to rant at his anger at a certain Burnley manager, who's he's particularly frustrated about. Radford's always been open to deals, and even currently has Mikel Arteta up for a possible part exchange deal but he doesn't see any sort of coperation or openness from the manager of Burnley Football Club. Burnley are currently struggling in Divison 2, and do seem to be doing some buisness in the transfer market but only to teams abroad, with Mario Gomez on his way into the club in a move that'll see Andrei Arshavin leave the club. This particular deal leaving a lot of people suprised, as Arshavin looks to clearly be the better player but it's the unopenness of the players currently at the club that are leaving certain managers frustrated, as Radford he knows it's not just him that's been left frustrated at what's happening at Burnley. He believes that this sort of management will never get this setup anywhere, as if no-one does any deals with eachover the activeness of the setup will fall and never beable to be a rival as the very best setup in the land. Despite Burnley's league position, they do have a lot of talented player who will drum up a lot of interest. The likes of Jermain Defoe, Ashley Young, Gyan Asamoah, Scott Parker, Johnny Evans, Micah Richards, Michael Dawson & Jordan Henderson will all attract a lot of interest, and a lot of bids but the way the managers being responding to them has not pleased the Swansea City boss. Radford recentley enquited to the possible bids of Ashley Young, Gyan Asmoah, Johnny Evans, Micah Richards & Michael Dawson and even though Radford wasn't confident of getting a deal done, he expected a reply, and that did not come. Maybe Radford was a bit too optomostic, after all this is not the first time this has occured, this doesn't make it right but a lot worse though. He believes why bother, why bother constantly doing M/R's to express news and inside beliefs taking time and effort, and trying not to turn out poor M/R's, not only that but a lot of discussion and a lot of work behind the scenes along with Tom to try and make this setup, and mainly the check-ups a lot better, when some managers aren't even going to bother to reply about an enquiry. Not even a "no thanks, don't really want to sell one of these players" just look at the message, saw it was me looking to do some deals and just didn't even think of replying. He's not that bothered about the deals not going through, even though it would be exciting to see the likes of Ashley Young teaming up with Gabriel Agbonlahor to bring back a very strong partnership, he's more concerned about the openess of the manager. He doesn't like to see anyone lose, but he feels it's at no fault of his own that he doesn't like to see Burnley do well anymore, as he doesn't feel the manager is contributing to the setup in a way he easily could with even a simple "no thanks" or a bit of decancy and respect.

5aqk36.jpg

Duo arrive at Deepdale

_zapater_bb2be199.jpg

Zapater likes the view

Preston North End unveiled two signings to the media today - Alberto Zapater and Dejan Lovren. Zapater was signed after the side missed out on Mauricio Isla who chose Bury over the the Premier League side. Alberto Zapater has been brought in to add strength to an already packed midfield consisting of Mateo Brighi, Michael Bradley, Mathieu Bodmer (who has been deployed as a centre half), Kwadawo Asamoah, Hamit Altintop and Yuri Zhirkov. It is expected that Zapater is going to contest Brighi for the defensive midfield slot and one day, take over Brighi's place as he has been linked with a move back to Roma, which would surprise many as he's a well liked figure at Preston.

lovren_lyon_dres_p_240984S1_crop_340x234.jpg?1285937998

Lovren given the number 26 jersey after his presentation

Dejan Lovren is a highly rated defender and had become a cult favourite for Lyon. he forced his way into the starting line-up and has gone on to become a big player for the Croatian national team in recent months. Lovren joined the club for £6 million and young Spanish wiz kid - Ezequiel Calvente, a plyer Walshe was reluctant, but was forced to paet with as lyon were desperate for him in exchange for Lovren. Rumour has it that Lovren will be heavily invloved in the Preston defence later in the season as Mathieu Bodmer and Alexis have both said that they are fed up with life in England and want to return to their homelands. These two signings have been well recieved by The Lilywhite faithful and are another two coupes by the manager, Mr. Walshe.

mcc3zc.gif

Bennett Joins Up With Austin At Stockport County

b2a01f490225a181fb422f1773938dee.jpg

Ryan Bennett teams up with ex Swansea team mate Charlie Austin at Stockport

Swansea City have announced the sale of Ryan Bennett ahead of there game with Ipswich Town tommorow night. Bennett completes a move to Stockport County where he'll team up with ex Swansea City player Charlie Austin, who was sold along with Ryan Bennett as part of there major sale which has seen plenty of youth players along with a few high profile players leave the club. Bennett leaves the club for £1,500,000 as part of a double signing from Stockport which see's Craig Dawson join Stockport for £2,000,000 aswell as Bennett, a large investment from a small club like Stockport but it's one they'll feel is well worth taking. Bennett's much more likely to get first team football at Stockport, then at Swansea where although picking up an appearance already this season in the English Cup as Swansea beat rivals Cardiff with him partnering Jack Cork in defence. He wants to play football a lot more frequently and he'll get that at Swansea. Radford admitted that he certainly wasn't in a hurry to sale Ryan Bennett, but when he knew that the sale of Bennett would mean him going to a good home in Stockport where he knew that he would be appreciated by Elliot Hilton, who he knew would know his full potential, he knew it was right to sell him. He joined originally for just £350,000 & Mihran Manyasan, so Swansea will be making a profit on him and despite never playing a minute of first team action for Swansea City he was very much a part of the Swansea City squad.

THE 5579 "HIGHLIGHT" OF THE YEAR 2010

TOP 15 HIGHLIGHTS - IN NO PARTICULAR ODER

VOTED ON BY 5579 REGULARS & VETERANS!

• Arouna Kone proves to be a real suprise big hit in EC5579! He nets over a dozen goals for Swansea, only to then be sold to premier league side Fulham!

• Peterborough manager Koplfc's Peterborough Telegraph Reports!!!

• Leicester rock the Championship division in Season 2 and enjoy promotion to the Premier League.

• Ashh's recent begining of 'Premier League review'! Includes team of the week!

• Higgy - the founder of EC5579 leaves Wst Ham United, and the setup!

• Portsmouth OF ALL SIDES - qualify to Season 3's edition of the Champions League! This is after a terrific top 4 finish in Season 2's Premier League!

• The beginning of Check Up reports on the M/R Thread

• Cardiff City in season 2 were on their ways and packing their suitcases for League One status. The fans were booking their tickets for a trip to Carrow Road to face Norwich, or a trip to Oldham! However - welcome Mr Dudeskin! From being right on the brink of joining Donny going Down - Dudeskin recorded an incredible points tally in the remaining games of the season to against all the odds out there - survive another season in the Championship division! Wow!!!

• Swansea manager Swanseajack's very much often reports on his Swansea matches WIN OR LOSE!

• Bail ends the Liverpool title draught by claiming the Season 1 Premier League crown! Much to the Kop's delight!!!

• Higgy Opens up EC5579!!!

• Aston Villa suffer a shock relegation to the Championship! Call them a top 4 contender still??

• Liverpool & Bail have not only taken the Premier League by hand, but also the Transfer Market! They possess an almightly strong squad!

• Gadga, after performing heroics at Coventry, resigns! But a few months down the line, he is back with Bristol Rovers!!!!

• Brighton Hove Albion & Shrewsbury are the EC5579 super ladder leapers! From League Two Football, to now 2 competitive Championship sides! All in 2 seasons! Wow!

DIV 3

Shorpe (9) v Charlton (8)

Both clubs will be looking for all 3 points as they push for the top 6. Charlton will be hoping to put their 5-1 defeat against Wycombe behind them,

PREDICTION 1-1

SHEFFIELD WEDS (7) V PLYMOUTH (16)

SOP will be looking to get 3 points against Sheffield as he looks to pull away from the relegation zone but will Sheffields new manager put a stop to it..

PREDICTION 1-3

STOKE (11) V MKD (15)

With both clubs getting draws on weds nite both of them will be looking to get the 3 points and both have injuries to big players..

PREDICTION 1-0

NORWICH (18) V SOUTHEND (10)

Southend will be looking to pile more pressure on Norwich, as the Canaries manager is away on holiday can the produce a shock win..

PREDICTION 0-2

OLDHAM (1) V DAGENHAM (3)

Two good managers go head to head in the clash of the day, Both had good wins on weds nite but who will get the points..

PREDICTION 0-0

HARTLEPOOL (6) V DONCASTER (20)

Chazza is really struggling to get Doncaster to gel, while Hartlepool will not want to lose this match as they want to keep their top 6 place..

PREDICTION 4-0

BRISTOL ROVERS (14) V WBA (4)

Gadga was a happy manager on weds nite getting a draw with 2nd place Tranmere will league leaders WBA went on to lose... This could be Bristols Zidan's last match as he rumoured to be off to Germany..

PREDICTION 1-2

BURY (12) V TRANMERE (2)

With 2 wins out of 6 games for both teams, you can be sure that both clubs will be going all out for the points..

PREDICTION 1-1

COLCHESTER (17) V SOUTHAMPTON (13)

Colchester will want the 3 points to move away from the drop zone while Southampton are pushing to break into the top 6

PREDICTION 0-2

NOTTS FOREST (19) V WYCOMBE (5)

Forest are struggling to find a win while Wycombe seem to be flying, Radebe will need to find something special to stop Terrence in his paces..

PREDICTION 0-5

LogoSheffieldWednesday.jpg

Wednesday Get A New Manager.

When Timo Sautter, Wednesday's most successful manager left after 41 games, the club was in shambles. The players were described as "A bunch of pansies" by the board and they needed a disciplined tactical genius to replace Sautter (Not that Sautter was any of those things though).

That's when Dunga recommended Nikido de Assis Moreira. Moreira was described as a usually laid back person with a fierce loyalty and dedication towards the club and their players.

David+Luiz+eorXaabBOCVm.jpg

Moreira playing for Brazil.

The Owls have a new manager.

Reopening old wounds.

A few minutes into the job and he got a sarcastic welcome from none other than the manager of The Blades. It was obvious that Wednesday was the weaker of the two Sheffield's but Moreira being the fiery Brazilian he is, hit back at Brian yesterday.

Ha! just because he beat a bunch of pansies doesn't mean faeces. He can talk when he beats me.

They've run away to the second division and got us relegated by very obviously bribing the officials. Now they want to get relegated when we're promoted so he escapes from my clutches once again.

I however, can't be wasting my time with this low life scum. My first priority for this club is silverware and I can't waste my energy on him.

After hearing these words, local Wednesday supporter Olof Mifrindsagay was absolutely delighted with what he heard.

We finally have a good manager! After so many years of smashing the chairs against the away bench at Hillsborough I can finally make fun of someone else! I'm looking forward to thrashing the scum whenever we meet.

arnold-schwarzenegger-vince-gironda.jpg

Warning from the Editor:

Don't make fun of Olof's name, that's how he got those guns.

His wife, Maya Normusbut is the only one who can put him down after his drunken sprawls.

Finally, thanks to Moreira, I won't have to go hunting for him and take him down. He has cost us too much in expenses and now, no bar even allows him in. They can't stop him though.

japanese-muscle.jpg

Maya showing her power.

Match Preview

Wednesday take on Plymouth today in their first match under new management. Wednesday supporters are fearful of a wounded SoP who's battling relegation and Pundits are putting their money on the veteran.

Wednesday are short of quality upfront, with Stefan Kiessling short of match fitness. On loan attacking midfielder, James Rodriguez, will be starting this one along with captain Arne Friedrich.

Moreira exerted confidence before the game, saying:

I'm relishing my first match against Simon. I've been in a number of leagues in which he was involved, but never had the opportunity to play him. If the squad can stick together and do what I tell them, we always have a chance.

Neuer bid being seriously considered

11_VAN%20DER%20SAR.jpg

Manuel Neuer in action

Bolton Wanderers have in the last few minutes confirmed to bbc sport that German international goalkeeper Manuel Neuer is subject to an undiscolsed offer from newly promoted division one side Watford. The 24 year old was a season one signing for manager Ashley Duffy and for the past 2 seasons has managed to make 52 league appearences for the side playing in all of Boltons 38 league games last season.

If Manuel does leave the chances of a possible replacement of his quality coming in to fill the gap he would leave behind are minimal , with only a few quality keepers now playing outside of the English Divisions it seems Duffy will hae to dig deep to find a possible replacment and certify the Neuer deal with Watford.

Division 4 Match Previews:

Have been unable to do these lately due to having alot of priorities like school and stuff so today is a good day for me not having alot of things to do. Anyway, it's turn 9 hasn't the start to this season started fast wow. We have gone into the christmas period now with only 21 days till christmas. So who's going to be victorious tonight...

-UhcmUU0QpY

Notts County vs Exeter City

4th vs 10th

Well my Exeter were really picking up points now we have dropped to 10th but are tied for 6th where are a win tonight could really help me move up the league but face an on form Notts County.

Prediction : 3:1

Rochdale vs Barnet

20th vs 18th

This game is perfect for either one of these getting any points as being honest both teams haven't really had the perfect start with both being in the bottom 3 after the first 10 games.

Prediction : 1:3

Carlisle vs Hereford(LIVE 20:00 PM ON ITV4)

13th vs 16th

A win for either side tonight could really move them up the league tonight with Division 4 being as tight as it is. I think Carlisle tonight will be the dominant force in this match tie. But it could go either way with it being a close tie.

Prediction : 1:0

Northampton vs Walsall(LIVE TONIGHT 20:00PM ON CHANNEL 5)

17th vs 3rd

This game tonight should be a cracker. With Lenny's side who were tipped to be promoted this season haven't started off well only recieving 7 points in 8 games. With that form they may well struggle against an on form Walsall side. Doubt there will be an outright winner but it should be close.

Prediction 1:2

Gillingham vs Huddersfield

19th vs 1st

This is a game that should be displayed on either Channel 5 or ITV 4 but for some reason it hasn't been put on so it's one to watch on iraqigoals.net. Should be an easy game for Huddersfield tonight as they statistically have the best looking side ratings wise in the division.

Prediction 1:4

Crewe vs Torquay

9th vs 15th

Torquay caused the biggest shock on Wednesday night losing 3-1 to Gillingham. Torquay face Crewe Alexandra tonight in a close match although there a 6 places between either team. Although this is a close match I think Crewe Alexandra will come out with the 3 points very narrowly.

Prediction 1:0

Bradford vs Swindon

11th vs 12th

This should also be a close game with Bradford and Swindon both sitting right next to each other in the division. Bradford who started off the league extremely well looking set to go up have recently dropped down to 11th should move back up the league with the important 3 points.

Prediction 2:1

Brentford vs Yeovil

2nd vs 5th

BIG BIG BIG GAME TONIGHT! Top 5 favourites Yeovil and Brentford face each other tonight. Thease are the only 2 teams along with Huddersfield in the top 5 favourites that have started well with Exeter and Northampton starting off the league a bit more dissappointing than expected. Think tonights game will end out in a draw as it's way too close to decide.

Prediction 2:2

Stockport vs Leyton Orient

14th vs 6th

Leyton Orient have started off the first 8 games alot better than I thought. Leyton could most likely move up a few more places after tonights match against Stockport depending on some other results. Leyton should win but Stockport could cause the shock of the night.

Prediction 1:2

Burton vs Leeds

8th vs 7th

Both sides are tied on 13 points but there is only 1 goal on goal difference that seperates these two teams. With both looking set to finish in a promotion/play-off spot tonights game could be vital like everyother game to earn them 3 points.

Prediction: 2:1

mcc3zc.gif

Matthew Ethrington Joins In Time For Tractors Clash

Matthew-Etherington-006.jpg

Matthew Ethrington joins Swansea in a deal that see's Ruben Amorim leave the club

Swansea City have confirmed that Matthew Ethrington has completed a medical, and signed a contract in time to travel up with Swansea as they travel up to Snowy England to face Ipswich Town tonight as Swansea look for all three points. Ethrington joins up with former Stoke City team mate Dean Whitehead at Swansea, with Swansea City boss Aidan Radford a fan of a number of Stoke players, believing they have the right mentality and the likes of Whitehead and Ethrington have the sort of mentality that he's looking for in his players. Ethrington joins the club in a part exchange deal, that see's him join in a direct swap with Ruben Amorim leaving the club to cover any fee's that it might have cost Swansea to buy Ethrington without a player involved. Amorim has been a player that's had plenty of first team action in his time at Swansea. Amorim played 16 times, 15 of which starts, in his time at Swansea since joining from Benfica for a fee of £200,000 & James Tomkins. Amorim played fairly well when playing, either at right-back or at right-wing but he hasn't been deployed since Swansea switched to a 4-2-4 formation and someone like Matthew Ethrington is more likely to be deployed in that formation as he is much more attacking then Amorim. Amorim had a spell at Reading previous to his time at Swansea, and would like to return to English Football again but someone would need to come in with an offer for him to take him away from Roma. Ethrington is delighted to have returned to English football, having been abroad since half way through Season 1 since being let go in a deal that saw Ibrahim Affeley join Stoke City. He went along with now Swansea City midfielder Dean Whitehead, as they both had to get used to life in Holland but the two seperated as Whitehead went to Wolfsburg and Ethrington went to Atletico Madrid. It looked like the two would team up with eachover at Atletico Madrid as Whitehead joined, but on the same day Ethrington left Atletico Madrid for Roma but the two meet up with eachover again at Swansea. Ethrington could be used as cover for Ryan Giggs, but he's more likely to be used on the right of the front four. His cross will be lethal, although his set pieces are unlikely to be used with Ryan Giggs having those covered. Swansea will be hoping Ethrington can make an impact today as Swansea face Ipswich Town away from home later tonight.

Matthew Ethrington Spoke After Joining Swansea:

I'm happy to have joined Swansea City. I wanted to return to English football since leaving Stoke a couple of seasons ago, but no-one's come in with an offer for me up untill now. I don't want to be playng abroad, i want to be playing here, and i've been given a great chance to show that i can prove to be worth a signing. I need to perform well now, and hopefully i can do well tonight and prove to add that little bit extra for the Swans.

Radford Spoke On The Ethrington Signing Aswell As Tonight's Match:

I'm really happy with the signing, and it's gives us that bit of a boost going into the Ipswich game. He'll definatly play, from our first sights of him in training yesterday he was sharp and full of energy so he's definatly fit enough to play and he's likely to start infact. He might not have gelled fully into the side yet, but he knows one or two of the players and he's already starting to feel at home here. It's going to take him a couple of games to get into things, but when he plays well he'll be a good asset and it'll prove to be a good signing. We're sad to see a player like Ruben Amorim go, but Ethrington more then fills the gap, and were very happy to replace Amorim with Ethrington.

We'll be hoping he can add enough to the side to help us to a win tonight, we want to be beating sides like Ipswich and push ourself up the table. The four draws have all been decent results, and as a result we've been moving up the table but we do need to win games and in the first eight games we've only managed to win the one match. A win would really give us some confidence and give us confidence in future matches, we want to be battling towards the top of the table and a win will help us towards that.

Bolton's toughest test yet !

As the quest goes on for the top 6 positions Bolton Wanderers will face there biggest test yet today in season 1 champions Liverpool. With players in the first team boasting world cup winners medals , World player of the year nominations and of course that special premier league title they are not seen as an unknown quantity.

When you have a strike force of David Villa who was signed off Manchester City and Gonzalho Higuain one of the worlds best young strikers plus the creative and ever improving Chamakh there is obviously reason to fear , however when that strike force is backed up with players of the quality of Iniesta , Gourcuff and Nani aswell as the solid defensive line in Lahm , Silva , Pique , Ramos with Valdez in goal there is reason to be terrified. The squad at Anfield is one of unbelivable talent and on there day are the best team in the world. With such a strong backline the opposition doesnt get much chance to test out Valdez who when asked can produce some magical saves. On the break there midfield is packed with Flair and pace with also the stronger more defensive options in Rameries , M'Villa and Banega a former Bolton cult hero. The attacking line should also produce the goals with Villa a highlighted 30 goal a season hitman and Higuain a powerful , quick young forward. Its just if manager Bail the man who built the team can control all the ego's and world class players and change them from the best team on paper to the best team on the pitch.

After having there title snatched off the last season by an arguably weaker Manchester United side Bail came out and claimed the title will this season be his again. However the early form hasnt lived up to the hype his team was getting and now Liver languish in 8th position 8 points off unbeaten Blackburn at the top of the table and a point behind Bolton who they visit today.

Bolton on the other hand sit in 5th position after the opening 8 games and look good for carrying out there seasons expectations of a top 6 finish with Duffy even insisting top 4 is not out of the question. The wanderers were hammered in mid week my title challengers Tottenham hotspur 3-0 and now the visit of Liverpool does not look like such an enjoyable fixture. The added drama of Poulson and Carragher , to former reds midweek drop has also seemed to have slashed the tiers on the Bolton bus with Poulsons value plumiting and Carragher proving the fact hes not the player he once was.

BBC Sport: " The game should be a cracker , Ashh's Boton are really impressing with the early season form after being so poor early on in the last 2 seasons and look good to keep there form going but with there loss in midweek and now the vist of Liverpool the wheels on the Bolton bus could be coming off"

dag0.png

Daggers boss aiming high

After gaining what many deem as a shock promotion from division 4 last season many believed the Daggers as they are effectionatly know were expected to fall quietly back down to the bottom tier of english football. However after a total squad overhaul with only 2 players from the side that gained promotion last season the Daggers currently sit joint top of division 3 ammasing a total of 16 points from their first 8 games.

The likes of Roger Johnson, Lukasz Fabianski, Stuart Holden, Johan Djourou, Jose Sosa have all joined adding a huge quality to the side as well as many others the likes of Luke Varney, Suarez Jeffren, Sebastian Larsson and loaness Ricky van Wolfswinkel and Thomas Hendry add a real depth to the squad.

All in all im delighted with how my boys are currently performing. We've made some pretty big changes at the club and the fear was that the new boys wouldnt gel with eachother or my current tactics but fortunatley we seem to have hit the ground running. Im sure many expected us to just make up the numbers and get drawn into a relegation battle but im not here for that, i want to push my boys to the best of their abilities and i fully beleive that can be making a serious challange for the playoffs and push our club forward once more.

Would it be out the question to see Dagenham do what the likes of Shrewsbury and Brighton have done gaining back to back promotions from the bottom tier of english football. Who knows, but the fans and everybody involved at Victoria Road are currently enjoying the ride.

sheffield_united_football_club.gif

Sheffield United Football Club Press Release

Sheffield United Football Club have decided to release this press release after the new Sheffield Wednesday managers unprevoked attack against our club.Wednesdays new manager was qouted as saying we bribed officials and as a manager and club had no repect for the nieghbours across the steele city.

The board has meet with its lawyers after this very unprevoked attack by the new wednesday manager and the club lawyers have told the club not to reply except for a statement saying if Wednesday have any proof of any bribes taking place ,we are more than happy to prove our selfs inniccent in a court of law as we've nothink to him.The club lawyer has also stated the negative remarks towards the club,could be used in a slander court case,if anymore negative remarks where made towards us or our employee's as as a a whole.

1282411498_spt_ai_westham_bolton_47.jpg

Avram hits back

Avram Grant is very shocked after reading what the new Wednesday manager has said and would like to add a few words,against advice given by the clubs lawyers.

"I don't want to get too personal here,but this guys been in the job one day and his first press conferance was to hit out at us and accusations of brides taking place is a real disgrace"."The players have all seen this attack on us and we as a unit are now more motivated to do become the best team in Sheffield,though to be honest we already are in my option. Wednesday are a big club,but have a small minded view of football,a team of foriegn players and mercenarys with no English based heart to there team,but thats what you get with a Brizillian manager l guess"." I would have thought that there new managers first job would be to bring in some English based player and rid of the foriegn base to his new squad,but no his first job was to attack his better half".

"I dont really care what goes on over there the proofs in the pudding,we are a established second division team and they are a mid table div three team ,l really have no respect for them or there manager after his negative remarks towards us,absolute disgrace".

"this is war ,we are determinded to show Wednesday who is the biggest club in Sheffield and who's the kings of the steele city once and for all".

Avram wants a game with his City rivals

"Avram has also said he want to arrange a friendly against his near niegbours,as with them being in Division three a league games unlikely,we want to play them on the field and beat them to be totally honest for the fans as much as us a team,but l am not sure they are up for it".

wpid-Sheffield-Wednesday-vs-Sheffield-United.jpg

A typical Wednesday fan,who did eat all the pie's

sheffield-wednesday-fan.jpg

Re: English Championship 5579 - Match Report/Transfer Thread

4qlwuh.png

CHAMPIONSHIP CHECK UPS - TURN 9

There's another great round of fixtures in todays Championship schedule, including what is dubbed as the biggest game of the season so far at the KC Stadium. There's two televised games tonight, and i'm sure as always there'll be some enjoyable fixtures and if you don't enjoy them they'll certainly be entertaining.

MBagqdscIdQ&feature=related

Hull City vs Reading LIVE ON BBC1 - COVERAGE STARTS AT 19:30

Positions: 2nd vs 1st

• It's the biggest game of the season so far, with Hull meeting Reading at the KC Stadium - live on BBC1.
  • Despite the presence of Aston Villa, these two sides currently occupy the automatic promotion places. With Reading top of the league, and Hull sitting in 2nd just 2 points behind them.
  • With one of these sides bound to slip up, Coventry, Aston Villa and co will be looking above them. With Hull's worst case scenario, meaning they would drop down to 7th. Although Reading are certain to end the week in the automatic promotion places.
  • I think this'll be a very tight game, and too tight for either side to get three points from the fixture. But if anyone is going to snatch it, i'd say it'd be Hull with home advantage on there side.

Coventry City vs Shrewsbury Town

Positions: 3rd vs 11th

• Both sides are on the back of victories on the road, with Shrewsbury beating Watford at Vicarage Road and Coventry beating Bristol City at Ashton Gate.
  • Coventry's 4-2-4 system has been working wonders, and no-one's been able to stop it. And i think this will remain, despite Shrewsbury's tactical abilities.

Aston Villa vs Peterborough United

Positions: 4th vs 6th

• It's the biggest side in the league against one of the smallest at Villa Park in a David vs Goliath match.
  • But Peterborough are level on points with Aston Villa so far this season, and they'll certainly give the home side a run for there money. And i think this could end up as one of the shocks of the season, as i'm backing Peterborough to pick up a suprise three points.

Prediction: 1-2

Middlesbrough vs Barnsley LIVE ON SKYSPORTS2 - COVERAGE STARTS AT 19:30

Positions: 7th vs 5th

• Middlesbrough and Barnsley are two inconsistant sides, currently battling for a play-off place, and they face eachover tonight at the Riverside Stadium live on Sky Sports 2.
  • Barnsley have ended a fairly shakey spale with four points from six, whilst Middlesbrough came back from a 4-0 home defeat to Derby to achieve back to back wins. I think with both sides being inconsistant, you don't really know what's coming, so i'm going to predict a draw.

Prediction: 0-0

Derby County vs Wolverhampton Wanderers

Positions: 14th vs 8th

• Wolves dropped five places after a defeat to promotion candidates Hull City. They'll look to come back from that to beat Derby County at Pride Park to put themselves back in the play-offs. But that'll be a difficult feat against a Derby side who've been doing well recentley and i think the game will end in a draw.

Sheffield United vs Bristol City

Positions: 20th vs 9th

• Sheffield United finally achieved there first win of the season on Wednesday, with a fantastic display ending in a 5-1 away hammering of Brighton. There looking for there first home win thought tonight, and against a very strong Bristol City side. I think Sheffield United will pick up a point, but a win will be hard to come by against a Bristol City side who've had a good start to the season.

Prediction: 2-2

Queens Park Rangers vs Watford

Positions: 10th vs 18th

• These two london sides meet again, with some history together in EC5579. Both of these sides were promoted automatically back in Season 1, and were both relegated together in Season 2, but so far this season there's been quiet a lot seperating the two sides.
  • Watford have been poor, and are in the relegation zone with them failing to hit any sort of form. Whilst QPR have been inconsistant, but despite not reaching there best there pushing on the play-offs. I think this game will only go one way, and that's three points to QPR.

Prediction: 3-0

Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion

Positions: 12th vs 16th

• Both of these sides are new two the division, but have both had decent starts to the season although Crystal Palace more then Brighton. Brighton have been doing well, but they do have something to prove having been beaten 5-1 at home to early strugglers Sheffield United. Whilst Crystal Palace have been doing well, but a home win here would really help there cause as they look to push on the play-offs.

Millwall vs Cardiff City

Positions: 13th vs 15th

• Two of the most troublesome fans in English football meet at The New Den in what i'm sure will end up with as much of a game off the pitch by the fans as it is on it.
  • On the pitch is what we'll focus on though, Cardiff City have not been doing well at all recentley and a defeat at home to weakend Aston Villa side doesn't help them at all. Whilst Millwall have been one of many inconsistant sides in the divison, with Lee Cattermole's late strike preventing them from beating Swansea. But i think they'll get the win there after here.

Ipswich Town vs Swansea City

Positions: 19th vs 17th

• Lee Cattermole rescued Swansea out of the relegation zone on Wednesday night, but there going to need to be a lot more convincing away to Ipswich if there going to pick up three points. Ipswich have been poor recentley, and Swansea really need to get the win, and i think they will get the win.

Prediction: 0-2

LENNY'S BEN & JERRYS PREMIER LEAGUE

m9ubdt.jpg

PREMIER CHECK UP - TURN (9)

QNzIKoAy2pk

The season hits turn 9, and Wednesday marks the night that we will hit double figures for the third and most anticipated season to date! Who will win the ultimate prize in 5579? Blackburn slip up in midweek to Chelsea, which tells everyone that they are certain not unbeatable! Lets see what drama will unfold tonight in X Factor semies night and Im a Celebrity Finals night!!!

Burnley vs Chelsea - LIVE ON SKY SPORTS 1 & HD 1 (SUPER SATURDAY) LIVE COVERAGE FROM 7:30 PM GT

League Positions = 20th vs 7th

Part 1 of Super Saturday sees bottom and winless Burnley host title hopefuls Chelsea at Turf Moor. Burnley have drawn 2 and lost 6 so far, which suggests a few problems for the Clarets. However, can they get a real morale boosting first league win tonight and ease the fears slighty? Theyre loosing ground on getting out the bottom 3...

Wigan Athletic vs Manchester Utd - LIVE ON SKY SPORTS 2 & HD 2 (SUPER SATURDAY) LIVE COVERAGE STARTS AT 7:30 PM GT

League Positions = 19th vs 15th

Premierleague trophy holders Manchester United have had a poor start to the season in reality. Uncertainty, change in management, and sitting in lowly 15th! Tonight theyre on Sky Sports and theyre off to Wigan, who lie even lower in 19th. If Wigan can beat United tonight they can go level on points with them and give United a monumentally tough task in defending their crown this season.

Manchester City vs Birmingham City

League Positions = 14th vs 10th

On ESPN tonight, you can see another pre season title favirote Man City. Theyre the FA Cup holders too. They sit currently no less than 11 points off the top spot. Thats a lot, but its not impossible to turn around. But theres a lot of work to be done! The host Birmingham who sit mid table. Theyve had a rather up & down start swaying in the bottom 3, then out, then mid - bottom half of table, and now 10th. Can they upset the Citizens tonight?

LAWRO'S VITAL VERDICT: 2-1

Blackburn Rovers vs West Ham Utd

League Positions = 1st vs 4th

Tonight could be just all such a crucial night in Black Burn Rover's entire season. Tonight is a big test for them. So they made a magical start to the season - 7 wins out of 7! Wow, 21 points from 21 possible! Then, Wednesday just gone they get outsmarted by Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, not an easy place to go! How do they react to losing? West Ham are on their tails, and looking to hunt them down tonight and to see how much this loss hurt them. Big game!

Bolton Wanderes vs Liverpool

League Positions = 5th vs 8th

Bolton have enjoyed a great start to this season, and sit in 5th place with 14 points earned. Can they keep it going tonight against a title contender Liverpool? They need to pick their pace up though if they want to reclaim the title, as they sit 8 adrift right now!

LAWRO'S VITAL VERDICT: 2-3

Sunderland vs Arsenal

League Positions = 18th vs 3rd

Sunderland and Pazzano host Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium. Arsenal have had a very good start to this season, and they lie in 3rd with 17 points. Their midweek 1-0 win over newboys Blackpool shows they are now up for the fight. But an away day to Sunderland and the cold snowy weather is never ever an easy task!

Tottenham Hotspur vs Portsmouth

League Positions = 2nd vs 9th

Theyre flying high at the minute, let alone searching down a top 4 finish, Spurs. had Bcfc finally injected that final ingrediant to his side? Blackburn's midweek loss will fill Spurs with some confidence. Can they keep chasing them, because if they do, theyve got certainly every oppotunity of Champions League action next season. They could even beat that! But Portsmouth will be looking for another top 4 finish this season, but may need a good result here to do so!

LAWRO'S VITAL VERDICT: 3-1

Preston N.End vs Leicester City

League Positions = 6th vs 13th

Lastly we witness the Championship's two elite from last season! Thats the Champions of the Championship from last season Leicester, against their runner up Preston. Despite that, its Preston whove been making the real most of it so far, sitting in the dizzy heights of 6th in Premier League, with 13 points. And hey, theyre just 8 points off the very top! Theyre in dream land, and Rob Walshe should make the most of it. Both sides come into tonights game with a real sense of optimism. Leicester beat Sunderland in midweek at the Walkers to move up to 13th. Whilst Preston, went to Old Trafford to face the current champs, and torn them off 3-1!!! Theyre in dream land, but will they be back to reality tonight?

AND ALSO TONIGHT....

Fulham vs Everton

League Positions = 12th vs 11th

Blackpool vs Newcastle

League Positions = 17th vs 16th

THE 5579 "HIGHLIGHT" OF THE YEAR 2010

VOTED ON BY 5579 REGULARS & VETERANS!

# NO. 10

Gadga, after performing heroics at Coventry, resigns! But a few months down the line, he is back with Bristol Rovers!!!!

old_ccfc_logo.gif

BUT DO THEY MISS HIM?

RICK JAMES IN 3RD RIGHT NOW, AND LOOKING TO TAKE THE SKY BLUES BACK TO THE TOP FLIGHT!