Sign in to follow this  
Guest Higgy

English Championship 5579 -Match Report/Transfer Gossip Thread

Re: English Championship 5579 -Match Report/transfer Gossip Thread

MU5579.png

Manchester United Come Out Tops

Manchester United tops the table on the opening day of 5579. Manchester United opened the goal scoring mania with 4 goals in 21 minutes with Wayne Rooney claiming a hat-trick and Mame Diouf, making his first team debut, scores the last out of the Manchester United goals. Sanli Tuncay finishes the goals galore of the half and match with a very, very nice goal. Wayne Rooney would have gotten the Man of the Match but it turns to Mame Diouf after Rooney was given a straight red in the second half.

wayne-rooney-24309313.jpg

Rooney reacts to the red card

Not much action in the second half though. Here are the highlights:

Welcome to the Brittania Stadium where we look to see the opening match of the season for both Manchester United and Stoke City. Well, many pundits have expected Manchester United not to win the Premiership as they think United have not taken full advantage of the Transfer Window and they have big gaps to fill in from those who have left. Let's see the round up of the transfers that both Manchester United and Stoke City have gone through with. Let's start with the home side, Stoke City. Well basically, they did nothing during the Transfer Windows. Not surprised. Now Manchester United had some surprising transfers, from Michael Owen leaving for only 5 Million pounds to signing former Liverpool full-back, Alvaro Arbeloa. But mainly the transfers are focused on the back-line and center-forwards of United, with a shaky back-line and most are injury prone, this has seen Rio Ferdinand, Gary Neville, John O'Shea, Wes Brown and some others including Ben Foster to leave with Giorgio Chiellini, Gabriel Milito, Jan Vertonghen, Davide Santon all being brought in, to name a few. The lack of energy and enthusiasm has caused Azrul Asyriqien to axe Berbatov out of the team with Sergio Aguero brought in to replace him. Now after a hugh bust-up between Azrul Asyriqien and the trio of Owen Hargreaves, Darren Fletcher and Michael Carrick, all three has left with Hargreaves gone to Birmingham and Carrick and Fletcher going to other countries. United brought in Ignacio Camacho, Josue David Silva and Fernando Gago. Now United lacks in wingers with only Obertan and Valencia currently natural to the position, United have secured deals for Turan Arda and Marco Reus. Now over with the transfer overviews for these two clubs, let's get on to the match.

Pweeeeeeeeep. The first-half whistle has been blown and Stoke starts off but loses the ball to Manchester United. Anderson pases the ball to Scholes. Scholes move forward, now outside the box, is this going to be one of his trademark goals?!?! Ohhhh noo! The ball just whistles past the post! That's something to keep the fans rowdy. Now Tuncay with the ball, loses it. United on the break through. Evra, passes forward to Valencia. Valencia passes across to Scholes. Scholes to give another try! Oooofft. Stopped by Sorensen. Scholes having a great first half. Diao with the ball, cuts through Chiellini and shoots. Ohh !?! It grazes the post and its a goal kick! Diouf with the ball, puts it wide with a through ball for Obertan to chase. Obertan cuts back for Anderson. Anderson shoots! Sorenson manages to save it even with his defenders blocking his view! Goalkick. Vidic intercepts the ball, passes it through Anderson. Anderson passes it to Diouf who in turn, pass it back to Valencia. Valencia looking for options, cuts it back to Scholes. Scholes finds Rooney unmark. GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL! Superb passing leads to an easy, slick goal for Rooney! What a goal. Stoke with the restart. Rooney booked after an aggresive challenge for the ball. Anderson intercepts the ball, finds Rooney returning back from his half, lays it off for him. GOAALL!! What a trademark screamer from Wayne Rooney! A brilliant effort and run. Pure genious. Continuing on, Scholes looking for a pass. Finds Rooney with space. GOOOAAAAL!!! Rooney rifles it in-off the post! And it completes his hatrick! Magnificent play. Obertan does well to keep the ball in United's possession, and puts a low cross towards Anderson. Anderson fails to control it but Diouf manages to shoot it to the net! GOOOALLLLL!!!!! 4-0 United already! Surely it's game over for Stokes! Back with the restart, Stoke are pressuring United for a consolation goal. And they get just that, Matthew Ethrington crosses the ball and Tuncay with a THUNDEROUS over head kick manages to get the ball behind Van Der Sar. That's it for the first half.

Well that was a very, very exciting first half with 4 goals in 21 minutes for United and Tuncay scoring a beauty for a consolation. Will Stoke make a comeback? Will United exend their lead? Or will it just be a stalemate? Let's now look at the second half highlights.

First 5 minutes has nothing exciting only passing, some fans were bored some fans were rowdy. But when this happens. Everyone was rowdy. -Goes into Highlights- Tuncay on the breakthrough with no defenders and Rooney on the chase. Rooney is the last man here and Tuncay could win a one on one with Van Der Sar. Oooofffff. Rooney tackles Tuncay and the referee quickly throws at a red card in Rooney's face. Rooney knew that they need a very high goal difference in order to stay on top of the league with alot of up and coming teams turning from Mid-Tables teams to a team with Champions League caliber. I think he just did a Solskjaer. Taking one for the team. So Rooney will miss the next 3 games. That was the climax of the second half, with the rest, all of missed chances from both Stoke and Mame Diouf. See you next time on MUTV at Old Trafford, agaisnt Burnley.

Interview with Azrul Asyriqien

So, Azrul Asyriqien, what did you think about the performance of the team?
Well I think they did a great job but I feel that the back four still needs time to gel well. I'm happy with the goals given by our forwards, both Wayne (Rooney) and Mame (Diouf) did a very great job.

What do you think about Rooney being sent off in the second half?
Well I'm not mad or anything at him, he's just a team player. And in that situation, that is what a team player does.

With Rooney being out for 3 matches, will you be giving Aguero his debut against Burnley?
Well I intended to, but I decided I would keep Sergio (Aguero) rested and give Dani Aquino his debut maybe rest Mame and give Gianmarco (Zigoni) his debut too. Winning or losing to Burnley is not that important as too winning or losing to Arsenal.

So what's the team you're currently thinking about sending against Burnley?
No comment

-----------------------------------------------------------

Well that's it for the post-match interview with Manchester United manager, Azrul Asyriqien.

Liverpool Edge Past Pompey

Sunday, 17th January 2010

Portsmouth 0-1 Liverpool

Moutinho (56)

Referee - Duarte Pereira Gomes

Attendance - 20,316

moutinho-205.jpg

Moutinho Grabs His First Goal For Liverpool

Liverpool kicked off the long awaited season last night with a fixture against Portsmouth which proved to be tougher than it looked. Bail knew his team had to win the game to kick start their season. The game started of with some bright chances from Liverpool, Higuain managed to take a shot in the second minute but with David James in top form nothing managed to get past him. Many shots came from both halfs in the rest of the fist half but nothing was going to get past the two top keepers.

Liverpool went into the second half knowing they had to use their possession to get a goal or two and this is jsu twhat they did. A wonderful attack from Liverpool young players proved promising when Moutinho managed to net the ball from a corner and James knew he could do nothing about it. The game went in a downfall for Pompey after the goal with the Portsmouth manager introducing hard tactics which lead to Belhadj being sent off on the sixtieth minute. Liverpool failed to grab anymore goals in the rest of the game which meant the full time whistle blew at ninety minutes giving Liverpool a narrow win.

Bail told press after the game 'I am glad we managed to pick up all three points but I feel we did not manage to convirt enough chances into goals, so I think we will be training alot on finishing this week before our game on wednesday with Hull City'. Marcelo picked up an injury in the game last night that will put him out of play for nine days while Aogo will replace him until he becomes fit again.

skysportsthesun.jpg

We Need Strikers

huddles.jpg

Jack Lees Gives His Shorpe A Team Talk About Strikers

After Shorpes Game With QPR Jack Lees Clearly Sead To His Team He Will Get Rid Of Strikers If They Dont Start Shooting He Also Was Talking About It In Press Confrence

I Will Not Keep Strikers If They Dont Buck Up There Ideas

What If You Cant Find Funds For New Strikers ??

I Will Half To Try All Different Strikers Youngsters And The Older Strikers

Makes Sense

Thankyou

Report: Watford Sign Spanish Wizard From Getafe

Getafe winger Adrian Gonzalez Morales will arrive in England

in the next day to sign for Watford, according to reports from Spain...

Jan 17, 2010

The 21-year-old has established himself as one

of the hottest young player in Spain and has been

heavily linked with Watford in recent weeks.

291296383.jpg

| Adrian visits the Vicarage Road |

It was reported last week that Adrian was on the verge

of agreeing a ₤2.6m plus
Jure Travner
to the English side,

and has claimed the playmaker will travel to Watford to

undergo a medical and agree personal terms.

Adrian is a product of Real Madrid’s youth system.

He spent two seasons with the Madrid side but failed

to make an appearance. He then been loan to second

division team before sold to Getafe.

The Spanish playmaker is expected to make a significant

impact as Watford manager Kaito attempts to add depth

to the squad. Malaysian tactician Kaito is likely to install

Adrian on the left flank with either Argentine loanee
Angel

Di Maria
or Italian
Abate
on the other side.

Quick Fact

Name
Adrian Gonzalez Morales

Birth
May 25 of 1988

Nationality
Spain

Position
Midfielder

Height
1.84 meters

Related Link

Team

Getafe

Watford

Player

Adrian Gonzalez

Angel Di Maria

Gomes Fredy

mcc3zc.gif

Craig Beattie expresses his desire to play first-team football

Swansea Striker Craig Beattie, has expressed his desire to play first-team football for Swansea this season

Craig Beattie has today expressed his desire to play first-team football this season. Beattie, 25, has been told by his manager Aidan Radford, that he will have to wait for his chance, with Stefan Okaka making an impressive debut. Beattie said in an interview, that he is desperate for first team football.

The former Scottish International striker has said that he feels he can make an impact on the squad, and score goals when he's need to.

There's a lot of competition with forwards at the club. With Bouza and Pintado transfer listed, and with Grant Holt out on loan to Peterborough as their not needed this season.

Trundle, Beattie and Okaka Chuka are the three forwards who will be used throughout the season. All are capable of scoring goals, which they will be needed to do, with a long season ahead.

Beattie spoke to us this morning:

I want to play first-team football, as does everyone who has passion for the game. Stefano's did a great job yesterday, and i want to show that i can do as well, if not, better. I know i can score goals when i'm needed to, i've done it all my life, but i want to show to the manager that i can do it on a regular basis and get myself in the first-team on a regular basis.

Tottenham Hotspur 1-1 Chelsea FC

Tottenham Delighted With Draw

43% - Possesion - 57%

6 - Total Shots - 15

6 - On Target - 8

8 - Corners - 4

1 - Yellow Cards - 2

0 - Red Cards - 0

tottenham-fans-2.jpg

A brilliant night for everyone at Spurs, Tottenham Hotspurs draw against the team tipped for the title. Teams came out as expected, but suprisingly Ronaldinho didnt play his debut for Tottenham with his fitness not 100% but Milner did. Chelsea played new players Maicon, Albiol, Puyol, Ribery and Xavi. They also had on the bench players like Luis Fabinano.

The first 20 minutes of the game was 50-50 possesion with both teams looking for that early goal to put them in the driving seat.

The first goal came to Chelsea though after 24 minutes. The cross came in and after a goal line scramble Micheal Ballack poked the ball in. Not one for the purists but they all count.

ballack_18781t.jpg

As everyone thought Chelsea would carry on from there, it was Tottenham who got the next goal by Robbie Keane. Keane rounded the keeper with some suburb skill and finished it with ease.

Tottenham%27s%20Robbie%20Keane.jpg

James Milner then showed why he was a class sighing with a 25 yard shot hitting the cross bar.

Chelsea started the second half more attacking with Ballack & Drogba coming close with a couple of chances each.

The game wasnt the most exciting in the second half, with both teams making chances, but none to trouble the keeper. Tottenham will be over the moon with todays result, but Chelsea may need to change thier tactics.

Final Score - 1-1

Portsmouth Close In On Italian Starlet

sunday-times-logo.jpg

The Sunday Times has learned that Portsmouth FC are on the verge of signing Italian starlet Alberto Paloschi. The 20 year old, who is currently on loan at Parma, will join up with his new club within the next 48 we understand.

Paloschi's parent club Milan have accepted a bid of 500k with veteran striker Kanu heading to the San Siro as part of the deal.

albertopaloschi1.jpg

Wonderkid Paloschi set to boost Pompey's strikeforce

16_front_small.png5_1241541577.jpg12_front_small.png

Edin Dzeko Inks Deal With Blackburn

edin%20dzeko%208.jpg

(Commenting on his move to the English Championship)

How do you feel about your move to Blackburn Rovers?

It's a great day for me. I feel like great things are going to happen for me at Blackburn. I had my doubts about coming here but I'm sure now it is the best move possible for me.
What was the main factor in your decision?
Well my agent and I were in constant dialogue with Manager Scott and he really showed to us what his plans were for me and what I could achieve at Blackburn. I was still not convinced, hahahahaha. Then he said just with our season opener against Birmingham and you'll see that here is where you belong and indeed I do believe here is where i belong.

I guessed if Manager Scott had lost that game we would not be having this conversation?
Hahaha....Well lets be glad that he won.

Critics are saying you WILL win the golden boot award. Any comments on that?
It's an honor but they are some really good strikers in this league. I will be happy if I could make the top 5.
We wish you all the best and looking forward to seeing you on the field.
Thank You. I'll be getting in some match time against Norwich today. Hopefully I'll make my debut against the Spurs and I'm not forgotten as how Ronaldinho was. It was really unprofessional to forget to put such an influential player on the field. I heard Ronaldinho was really upset about it.

sheffield-wednesday.png

New boss arrives at Sheffield

Earlier today in England Sheffield Wednesday have appointed Portuguese Jorge Dias as their new coach.

Jorge Dias told in a local newspaper that he is delighted at the massive challenge ahead of him and he is looking to increase his team with some new fresh players.

soton4.JPG

Rookie takes charge of Saints

In a shock appointment, Southampton have appointed rookie manager Katia Khizhnichenko on a season-long contract. The appoinment follows the sudden departures of Alan Pardew and Bellamy Rewbury.

The manager, quoted on the club's website said she was looking forward to the challenge of getting the club promoted and wants to see how far the club can go in the future.

The new manager hopes to get to the best possible start as her first game in charge of the team is at home against Oldham Athletic.

Division 3 Team of the Turn:Turn 1

These players in my opinion were the best performers from the third division. The players are judged by performance and not reputation.

GK: Willy Gueret (Milton Keynes)

For the first turn Derby County, Milton Keynes Dons, Huddersfield Town and Leeds United all kept clean sheets so this was a tough decision but Milton Keynes keeper Willy Gueret was in my eyes the most impressive. The French veteran made 8 saves which played an important part in his side clinching a 1-0 victory. The pick of the saves was in the 21st minute when Gueret saved "tremendously to deny the opposition a goal". In the 79th minute the keeper even made a "great run" down the wing but lacked a good final ball.

LB:Kelvin Lomax (Oldham)

Kelvin Lomax was without a doubt the best left back in the first turn. He scored a vital goal in the 14th minute to put Oldham 1-0 up against Southend. This proved to be the only goal of the game which made it all the more important. Lomax was a vital part of Oldham grabbing all three points and getting off to a great start to the season. His performance earned him the man of the match award. A great achievement for a right footed player playing on his weaker side.

RB: Rob Kozluk (Barnsley)

Although Barnsley let in 3 goals this turn Rob Kozluk helped to keep this number down. This proved to be significant as Barnsley won the match by one goal. As well as helping out in defence the English fullback managed to get up the wings on a couple of occasions and support the front men.

CB: O’Neil Thompson (Barnsley)

There is no doubt that Thompson was the best player in this position for turn 1. Although Barnsley were questionable defensively letting in 3 goals offensively they done better. 2 of their 4 goals came from the Jamaican CB. Both goals (8 and 49 minutes) were cool penalty box finishes. There is no question that these goals were vital in getting his team all 3 points.

LM: Kris Commons (Derby)

Kris Commons was another player who scored 2 goals in turn 1. These were the only goals of the match which made sure Derby got off to a good start as they went top of the league. The first goal came only 3 minutes into the match as the left sided midfielder managed to take the ball past Norwich’s Fraser Foster and pass the ball into an empty net. Kommons managed to seal the victory and top spot for Derby 5 minutes before the end of the game with a long ranged effort which went into the top corner.

RM: Adam Hammill (Barnsley)

Another Barnsley player to have a terrific performance was the 21 year old winger, Adam Hammill. His performance earned him Man of The Match in one of the best games in turn 1. He scored a vital goal in the 12th minute which put his team 3-0 up. He managed to lose his marker and slot the ball into the net.

CM: Chris Lines (Bristol Rovers)

Chris Lines was another outstanding performer in this game scoring once on 50 minutes and could of had another if it wasn’ for a terrific save by the Barnsley keeper. The goal came at a time when his team were 4-1 down so it showed real character to get a goal at this time. It almost started a late comeback for Bristol but they fell one goal short.

CM: Yoann Folly (Plymouth Argyle)

The 26 year old Frenchman who has recently been transfer listed has given manager, Kevin James a reason to reconsider selling the player. Although it is not easy for a player to play under a manager who doesn’t want him in the club Folly managed to “Dart past defenders” to score a vital goal in a game which his team ended up winning by a solitary goal.

DM: Nadjim Abdou (Millwall)

There were not any outstanding performances in this position but Abdou managed to get an assist for Millwall’s only goal of the game. Although the game ended 2-1 in favour of Tranmere, the goal was significant at the time as it was the equaliser for Millwall.

ST: Clive Platt (Colchester)

Platt was the best forward without a doubt in turn 1. The English veteran managed to equalise twice but could not stop Plymouth Argyle from winning the game 3-2. His first goal was controversial as it was arguably offside but a good finish none the less. There was no doubt that the second goal was a piece of brilliance as Platt managed to beat the Plymouth defence almost single handedly before beating the keeper once again.

ST: Rory Fallon (Plymouth Argyle)

Another striker in that game who impressed was Plymouth’s Rory Fallon. As well as scoring he also provided an assist and managed to win Man of The Match. With some help from his teammates Fallon found himself through on goal on 55 minutes. From there it was easy to pass the ball past the helpless Colchester keeper. Fallon then turned provider for the match winning goal 6 minutes before the end as his long inch-perfect pass found Sheridan.

Gueret(Milton Keynes)

Kozluk(Barnsley) Thompson(Barnsley) Lomax(Oldham)

Abdou(Millwall)

Hammill(Barnsley) Lines(Bristol) Folly(Plymouth) Commons(Derby)

Platt(Colchester) Fallon(Plymouth)

Guest Higgy

Team of the Turn (Friendlies Edition):

Formation: 4-2-3-1

Goalkeeper:

Nélson Dida (Leicester City) – The Brazilian shot stopper has had his fair share of criticism since joining Leicester City Last week, but he has silenced his critics with an outstanding performances. Dida was one of the key performers at the Leicester as they thrashed Yoevil Town 5-0.

Milan-Dida.jpg

Defenders:

Míchel Salgado (Blackburn Rovers) – a good performance from the Spaniard. Was absolutely outstanding in the game tonight and one of the main reasons Blackburn Came out as winners!

Dennis Aogo (Liverpool) – Aogo put in a class Performance for Liverpool, as they cam out 2-0 winners. Aogo kept the Tottenham attack at bay and was a threat to the opposition with his threatening long balls!

Albert Serran (Swansea) – Serran scored the winning goal late into the game to give Swansea a Hugely motivating win over Division 1 Side Bolton. As he slotted home an amazing finish after some neat footwork! He also had a great game Defensively

Jeremy Mathieu (West Ham United) – Put in a great performance for West Ham United and topped it off by scoring an amazing goal, Great performance by the newly signed Frenchman!

orig.JPG

Defensive Midfielders

Owen Hargreaves (Birmingham) – Man of the match for Birmingham, Great performance defensively kept the opposition quiet and had a few chances to score himself.

Menegazzo Fernando (Leicester) – The holding midfielder was instrumental in Leicesters success tonight. he is the one pulling the strings in midfield for the Division 2 side and his presence allowed the Leicester attackers the chance to excel.

owen_hargreaves_1250046c.jpg

Attacking Midfielders

Franco Di Santo (Blackburn Rovers) – Di Santo was Inspirational as he scored one goal and assisted another. Always looked lively and managed to walk away with the Man of the match award!

Gazika Toquero (Birmingham) – The Forward was played in a creative midfielder role and prevented the opposition form scoring, as well as Getting on the Scoresheet himself, Great performance!

Carlos Vela (West Ham United) – The Mexican winger proved his class tonight with a hat-trick against Aston Villa as his side came out 4-1 winners. With him grabbing some amazing goals which will no doubt see him book a place in the starting XI for West Ham United.

vela.jpg

Striker

Fernando Torres (Liverpool) – Fernando Torres is in hot form and he showed that tonight as he scored and assisted as well as being given the match ball after the match for an amazing performance, as he once again shows, why he is the worlds Best Striker

fernando_torres_steven_gerrard.jpg

Dida

Salgado – Serran - Aogo – Mathieu

Hargreaves - Fernando

Di Santo - Toquero – Vela

Torres

Friendly Match: Blackburn Roves vs Norwich City

5_1241541577.jpg6 - 2 54_1197121760.gif

F. Di Santo - 2nd

B. Emerton - 6th

S. Eguren - 14th

B.Emerton - 32nd

B. Emerton - 47th

C. Jerome - 49th

R. Nelsen - 69th

M. Harewood - 85th

Prime Sports

It was a match that brought a result most would have expected. The result itself is meaningless to both managers. Both men trying different tactics and trying different players. The REAL STORY IS THE OBVIOUS ABSENCE OF MANAGER SCOTT ALONG THE BLACKBURN'S SIDELINE.
64-080109nbc_show051.slideshow_main.prod_affiliate.80.jpg
It is being reported that the man seen above is Manager Scott having a look at the Liverpool vs Tottenham game. If it is indeed him Blackburn will be surely ready for the Spurs as the manager would have had a first hand look at their tactics and how they have chose to use their star player :Ronaldinho.

Guest Higgy

150808SSlogo450200.jpg

85_1193758928.gif

Gervinho Swaps Lille for West Ham United!

301109_Gervinho_ff.jpg

The young Winger has signed for West Ham ..

The Côte d'Ivoire International who has scored 11 goals in 18 games for Lille before moving to West Ham United is expected to play a big role in the midfield for West Ham from now on. Especially since Valon Behrami has moved to Lille as part of the deal to be the french clubs Replacement for Gervinho.

Gervinho was shortly Interviewed after arriving in London.. "I am proud To be moving to such a club as West Ham United and to get the chance to work with Manager Ahmed Gharib. There are a few other africans here so I guess they will help me adapt to this league."

"I watched the West Ham United 4-1 Aston Villa friendly from the stands and the players gave in an outstanding performance and I hope we can repeat such heights in our next game, Also against Villa, but this time it's no friendly!"

peterborough-united-fc.jpg

Posh board and manager in dispute?

Peterborough United boss Dan Tomlins this week announced his desire to move to a division 1 team in the coming months, if the offer is right.

He said:

If the team was right, i'd love to manage at the top level, if i struggle to take Peterborough to the top. It's always been a dream off mine. it could also allow me to work with internationally recognized players, witch i have to say is a dream.

This has now forced questions to the Peterborough board of directors.

Is there something going on behind the scene's?

Yet if Peterborough did let manager Dan Tomlins leave it could relieve there poor budget in compensation funds and make it more stable.

bruno-labbadia-514.jpg

Tomlins after 5-1 defeat to Middlesbrough.

Peterborough chairman Darragh MacAnthony released a statement saying:

After many talks with Dan he said that he would be happy to leave but only if he had the right offer, and the right club. But we'll do everything in our power to keep him at the club as we believe he is the right man to take the club forward.

BrunoLabbadia.jpg

Tomlins will take Peterborough to a very strong Leicester City side on Wednesday hoping to take 3 points to please the fans and the board, for now at least.

mcc3zc.gif

Serran to be Given First Team Chance

Serran was named as the star of the many friendlies played

Swansea City have announced that Albert Serran will be named in the starting line-up, for Swansea's league match with Bristol City at the Libert Stadium.

Serran is set to partner Ashley Williams, after he earned a man of the match, as Swansea beat Bolton 2-1, with Serran scoring the winning goal, just a few minutes short of full time.

Despite Serran being placed on the transfer list, Swansea will select him. Sending a message, that players can earn themselves a place in the starting line-up if they do well in friendlies, as Serran did.

Team of the Turn – Week One

Division Four

Gk Heaton - Rochdale

Def Anderson - Bradford

Def Stam - Yeovil

Def Smith - Walsall

Mid Hazard - Brighton

Mid Stokes - Brighton

Mid Whaley - Bradford

Mid Lundberg - Bradford

Fwd Nardiello - Bury

Fwd Guinan - Northampton

Fwd Forster - Brighton

A turn that saw only two clean sheets and a total of 40 goals in the 10 ties, if ever there was a time for attacking players to stake a claim in the team of the turn this was it.

Exceptional team displays from both Bradford and Brighton saw maximum points secured for both teams although Brighton only just won in the 5-4 game of the day against Burton Albion.

At the back, there were no hands down exceptional displays but Heaton's performance in the sticks helped secure the points for Rochdale with his first clean sheet.

Yeovil and Walsall cancelled each other out in a very tight game, Yeovil rescuing a point in the 85th minute, the game ending 1 a piece.

Duffy Annoyed at Swansea Display

Bolton Wanderers boss Ashley Duffy has this evening stated his absoloute anger at his sides display against 2nd division side swansea. Bolton lost 2-1 after a weakened looking side was fielded by Duffy. The team with only 1 first team regular in Jussi Jasskalien conceded first only for winger Lee to pull the game back level moments later. Swansea then scored there second and managed to hold on for the win.

Duffy in a statement today

" I am very annoyed that we lost last night, i thought the team we put out n the pitch was enough to over come them but obviouslly i was wrong. Swansea were the better team on the night and if they can keep up performances like that they will be in division 1 next season"

The squad that faced swansea last night are only expected to be cup players at the most but with this result many fans will be wanting a better quality of player.

mcc3zc.gif

Radford replies to Ashley Duffy's comments

Albert Serran, superb, as Swansea ease to victory against Bolton

Swansea City manager Aidan Radford has replied to Bolton Wanderers manager, Ashley Duffy's, comment after Swansea managed to beat Bolton 2-1, thanks to goals from Craig Beattie and Albert Serran.

Ashley Duffy had said:

"I am very annoyed that we lost last night, i thought the team we put out n the pitch was enough to over come them but obviouslly i was wrong. Swansea were the better team on the night and if they can keep up performances like that they will be in division 1 next season"

Swansea City boss, Aidan Radford, has said that it was no major upset on the night, despite the division gap between the two clubs. Swansea also fielded a reserve side, with the only first teamer being Dorus De Vries. They also decided to play youngsters Matthews, Spence and Allen, ahead of Bodde, Rangel & Monk. With the youngsters having more energy, aswell as adding a bit more of an edge over Bolton.

Bolton fielded an older side than Swansea, going with quality over youth. And suffered the defeat, with them being outplayed by a Swansea side looking to pass the ball. Swansea were patient, and in the end deserved the win, with spectacular displays all round.

Fulham-FC-icon.png

Fulham 1-3 Sunderland

Furster 17

Brown 20

Jones 54

Mortiz 53

Scorgie blats team after freindly deafeat

340x.jpg

Pawlett in action for his former team

Fulham manager scorgie blasts his team after friendly deaft to sunderland, David fuster blasted home form pazzano sunderland then Fulham went staright up the park and eqaulised with Wayne Brown the sparlking youth geting a debut goal. But then Fulham were to go in unhappy at half-time after Kenwyne Jones scored apart a mix up scorgie screams could be heard from mars as went nuts at his reserve team schoking dispaly and to compete the dissapionting. The Fulham defence allowed Mortiz to run onto the ball and Fire past Delac. Even thought there was about 9 fulham debutans they looked very dissapionting. Fulham need to close the gap between them and the strongest teams if they are to be rearged as a top ten team

I am dissapinted after such a good first game that when our reserves had a change to prove themselves they disspaionted ok there about 9 debutans and no first teams regulars but we will need signifanct improvemtes for the game against pompy

Liverpool Ease Past Tottenham

Monday, 18th January 2010

Liverpool 2-0 Tottenham Hotspur

Fernando Torres (27)

Mata (60)

Referee - Mohamed Benouza

Attendance - 11,003

mata.jpg

Mata Scores On His Liverpool Debut

Despite a low turnout at Anfield for a friendly game against Tottenham Hotspur last night Liverpool were still determined to come out of the game winners. With a strong lineup on the pitch it would take a miracle to beat high flying Liverpool, a combination of Pato, Fernando Torres and Higuain is enough to frighten even the toughest of defences and these men did not let down.

Tottenham came out strong and ready to fight till the end and they dominated almost all possession but with only four shots on target there strike force failed to produce the goods which put them down and after just twenty seven minutes Liverpool were showing spectators what they were made of. The rest of the first half was brought many chances but no goals.

At the start of the second half Tottenham players were getting very frustrated with big money signing Ronaldinho receiving a yellow card for shirt pulling. But Liverpool player Mata was in shining form on his debut for the club and after a few chances he took advantage of a decision that should have been offside but with the Tottenham defence raging at the referee Mata almost walked the ball into the back of the goal. The rest of the game was more of a fight with Marin obtaining a red card. A dazzling performance from hotshots Liverpool but only anger and frustration was in the Tottenham's players heads.

Guest Higgy

150808SSlogo450200.jpg

85_1193758928.gif

West Ham United 4 - 1 Aston Villa

5, Carlos Vela

37, Carlos Vela

59, Carlos Vela

65, Giampoalo Pazzini

75, Jeremy Mathieu

zidan_mo_468x345_.jpg

West Ham Forward Mohamed Zidan Controls the ball well.

West Ham United came out as 4-1 winners against Aston Villa in a friendly game on Sunday night. West Ham United drew their opening league game at home against Bolton and before facing Aston Villa in the league, both sides met in a friendly game which West Ham dominated!

Carlos Vela Opened up the scoring after just 5 minutes when he hammered in a strong shot leaving Romero stranded. The Game would be controlled by West Ham who looked to have the edge over their opponents and in the 37th Minute The london club doubled their lead again through Carlos Vela! as he bundled it over the line!

carlos_vela2_1396005c.jpg

Vela celebrates putting West Ham United in the lead

As the second half began West Ham would again dominate the game and Vela would get his hat-trick just below the 60 minute mark after he hit it on the half-volley into the roof of the net! Pazzini would however pull one back for Aston Villa 5 minutes later by finishing it at the second attempt with a toe-poke. But West Ham would score again to end the game at 4-1 after Jeremy Mathieu turned quickly and fired a low shot into the bottom corner!

mathieu-horizontal-grande.jpg

New left back Jeremy Mathieu Celebrates his first goal for West Ham United

West Ham United will now start preparations to face Aston Villa again, this time how ever, it will be no friendly and you can expect both sides to go all out for the win!.

Guest MR. HAMMER

clubhistory_team2_art.png

Today Norwich Citys manager gareth southgate has welcomed new Bristol City manager Tom G to his new team the new manager has been back by the new Norwich manager to do grate thing there and is willing to help the manager any way Norwich can he has told press the League 1 team has some players for loan and is hoping the new boss will sign them to help his Championship side this season it is also beleved that Jackson has been linked with Norwich for 2.8M but the manager has told press he is no longer in need to sign the forword.

BRISTOL CITY SET FOR QUICK DOUBLE SWOOP?

Could there be a set of exits also at Ashton gate?

Also, is it true the new manager Tom Greenfield is looking to mark his arrival with a proposed idea which would mean a new stand being built in at Ashton gate to increase its capacity?

Is it true Tom will wear a red bowtie to every single home match this season?

What are Tom's objectives for his new Bristol City club for the season ahead? Does he belive Bristol City have what it takes for the Championship title? or maybe just a top 6 finish? Maybe just a top half finish even?

All revealed at 6pm with the news conference LIVE from ashton gate - all here!

BRISTOL CITY WELCOME NEW MANAGER TOM GREENFIELD

PRESS CONFERENCE - FROM ASHTON GATE, BRISTOL

Bristol-City-icon.png

Q: Welcome Tom, you sit here as the newly appointed manager of Championship team Bristol City, firstly how do you feel about getting hired?

A: Thanks, it feels great! It feels great i am even a manager in this setup, let alone at a club like Bristol city.

Q: Have you had a chance to meet the players, and staff yet?

A: I met with the chairman, and the staff earlier today, we had a little chat here and there, yeah everythings great.

Q: What was it that made you come to Bristol City then?

A: I was looking for a job, as i was unemployed, then the ex manager (Gozzy) told me he was set to leave, and that I could replace him. it wasnt as easy as it sounds though.

Q: Is it true you tried getting in at lots of other teams aswell?

A: No, I think I tried getting in at every single club in England! nah, I asked around 10 other managers about their position and stance at their clubs, but Bristol came out ontop! Couldnt of asked for anything better there really.

Q: What other teams did you try and get into?

A: I think it would be unfair to name the clubs. Lets just say they were Championship - D4 standard teams, a variety.

Nicky-Maynard-jumps-for-joy-Bristol-City-v-Ca_2009134.jpg

Q: What are your goals for Bristol City this season?

A: Well, its not really easy. Normally, I would come here and say - top 6 finish at end of season - Challenge for promotion. I cant really say that with the amount of quality in this division around us. I could be unrealistic and say were better than all of them and we'll win the league. Ive decided ill be real. I think a top half finish at the end of the season would be fantastic, and on good progress. I want to throw a few fireworks along the way - some good performances against class opposition will please the fans and do the club justice.

Q: In that case, where do you see your club in 5 seasons?

A: Hopefully in the Premier league. I think 5 seasons is more than enough to get there. I just think this season we need to treat as a learning curve. Learn how tough it is, then next season we'll mentally be stronger, and capable enough to launch a serious promotion bid.

Q: Tomorrow night, you face a tough trip to Swansea, are you confident about winning?

A: Weve got a chance, whilst we are neutral. All I know is they have a great manager. Normally, we could win this, but with a good manager there, it isnt easy now.

Q: Which game are you most looking forward to in charge of Bristol this season?

A: Both games against Middlesbrough will be special. The team i support, but not in EC5579. I want to get 6 points against them to prove a point. Newcastle will be interesting. As i said earlier, I will aim to throw a few fireworks in the form.

Q: Are you expecting a visit to the transfer market soon?

A: Yes, i will wheel and deal.

Q: Is that it?

A: I cant say no more. We will be audacious, as thats the way to succeed.