Sign in to follow this  
Guest Higgy

English Championship 5579 -Match Report/Transfer Gossip Thread

Re: English Championship 5579 -Match Report/transfer Gossip Thread

Millwall Fc manage to grap 3-2 victory on the road against a very good Southend side

league1.jpg

Division 3 match (Turn 23)

Wednesday 20th January

Venue: Roots Hall

Capacity:12,306

Attendance:9,579

Referee: Alberto Undiano Mallenco

Southend_United_badge.gif 2-3 Millwall.gif

Carlao (22)

Quilez (28)

Pancrate (43)

Carlao (75)

Barron (87)

fabrice-pancrate1.jpg

Fabrice Prancante after giving Millwall the lead at the break

Millwall Fc managed to put the disapointment oof losing their first game behind their backs to come out and grab the 3 points on offer against Romano Valente's Southend side. Parker's side were very poor and created very little but they still managed to sneak a late winner thanks to loanee Fabrice Prancante.

Southend being the home side started the game tremendously well and they could have been rewarded minutes in the game but Barrett couldn't keep his shot down after a lovely one-two with Marcone. Millwall got into the game and Andre Santos saw his 35 yarder tipped out of play a minute later. The game started to open up a bit more and gaps started to appear for both teams to take advantage and it Southend who took the lead. A lovely chip from Carlao left Ventura rooted to the spot and all the young Portuguese could do was pick the ball from the back of the net. 6 minutes later Millwall replied with a goal of their own when Quilez finished from inside the box and it was game on again. Prancante started to show his class and 2 minutes before the interval the frenchman scored on his debut for Millwall. A cooly finished goal passed into the left corner of the goal. Millwall took the lead going in at the break but they knew they were going to have to work hard in the second half if the were to keep Southend at bay.

After the 15 minutes that the players had in the company of their manager's, both teams came out the second half with the same motivation. The game started the same way as the first finished. Millwall dominating the possession without and chances while Southend had very little of the ball yet created more chances. Carlao then showed his talents again when he got his team level with 25 minutes remaining on the clock and the near 10,000 fans in the stadium started to roar their team to the 3 points and the players started to show the passion that every supporter likes to see. Young Spannish wizard Canales then hit the crossbar on the 80th minute but there seemed like Southend were'nt going to get the 3 points they deserved. On the contrary Millwall punished them on the counter attack with Andre Santos's crossfield pass finding Barron in achers of space and he got past the defenders and slotted it home to send the away fans crazy. Millwall hanaged onto the lead and Parker hopes that when the next match comes along he'll have a completely new players to chose from.

Liverpool Thrash Hull To Go Top

Thursday, 21th January 2010

Liverpool 9-0 Hull City

Higuain (10,33)

Pique (14)

Pato (20,35)

Moutinho (23,67)

Mata (46,54)

Referee - Khalil Al Ghamdi

Attendance - 44,451

gonzalo.jpg

Higuain Hits The Net Twice

With Anfield jam packed with eager supporters Liverpool had to win last night's game against Hull to save embarresment. The first half kicked of with numourus attacks from Liverpool but hardly any play from Hull and after just ten minutes Gonzalo Higuain lobbed the ball over the distant keeper to put Liverpool up. Pato was quick to continue the assult craving through Hull's weak defence until the fourteenth minute when in form defender Pique lashed in a fifteen yard shot.

With Hull struggling to even get past the Liverpool defence they failed to get any shots on target and with Higuain grazing the bar and Mata in astonishing form it was only six more minutes until the next goal came from Brazilian Pato literally walked past the defenders and into the net. Little hope was to come from Hull now the closest shot was from Ashbee who just went wide of the bar. But only three minutes after Pato's goal Moutinho struck in his first of the game to make it 4-0. Two more goals came before the end of the first half from Pato and Higuain making it impossible for Hull to get back in the game.

Hull could save themselves from embarresment at the start of the second half but their players looked tired and all over the place failing to keep up with Liverpool young generation of players. After an amazing performance the man that deserved goals was Mata who slipped in the seventh goal of the game on the 46th minute and not giving up adding another to his tally with a nod into the top hand corner just a few minutes later. The final goal of the game came from Moutinho to grab his second and after that Hull threatened with a few shots but with poor finishing they failed to hit the net.

The amazing performance put Liverpool up to first in the table with an in form City holding on in second. Liverpool will face Bristol City in a friendly on Thursday and travel to Burnley in the league on saturday which Bail has stated should be another three points.

mcc3zc.gif

Cedric Van Der Gun to join Peterborough

Former Ajax winger, Van Der Gun, set to join Swansea's division 2 rivals for a fee of £4,400,000

Swansea City have today announced that they have accepted a bid from Peterborough United for winger Cedric Van Der Gun. Since Radford took over, he has placed Van Der Gun on the transfer list, as they want to bring in more quality in other positions with plenty of quality on the wings at Swansea.

Van Der Gun has played the opening two fixtures of the season, where he played well in both. He scored in the first match of the season, as Swansea lost to Newcastle, and played very well in yesterday's 3-2 win over Bristol City.

He's set to become a vital players in Peterborough's squad, as he's expected to play regularly on the wings along with Jobi McAnuff. With Peterborough hoping for promotion, they will need more players like Van Der Gun amonst their squad, so it's a good deal for both sides.

Swansea City boss, Aidan Radford, commented on the news:

We can confirm that a bid for Van Der Gun has been accepted. He's a very good player, and of course in an ideal world, we would have liked to keep him at the club. But, we've got plenty of quality on the wings, with the likes of Hoolahan, Dyer and Cotterill, boosted by having Tosic on-loan. So, we would like to improve in other areas, with a lack of quality in the centre of defence.

BRISTOL CITY SET TO ANNOUNCE 'BIG SIGNING' NEWS IN JUST UNDER 1 HOURS TIME

Bristol City have announced that they lodged a bid for an unnamed player and that it would - if successful be a 'Big signing' that would lift the fans. The news is set to be going around Ashton Gate for sure during their friendly match against rampant Liverpool.

No more news on the player can be given - other than Bristol City say more will be revealed come just udner around another hour. This news could become double equits as another big name could also join him.

Stand by!

SAMARAS AND DANNY OFFERS ACCEPTED BY CELTIC AND ZENIT RESPECTIVLY

And there you go. A double swoop is half way there to completion. Firstly Celtic star Giorgios Samaras. The Greek could join Bristol City for an undisclosed fee + a player. Then you have Miguel Danny from Zenit st Petersburg, for a similar kind of deal (players & cash).

No more can be revealed as of yet, and all now goes down to whether the deals get accepted or not by the players themselves.

sheffield-wednesday.png

-

Salvio and Sosa arrived today at England

-

Two young argentinians Salvio and José Sosa have arrived today at Sheffield, South Yorkshire medical center to complete their medical exams, before they join the british club.

-

Lanus have sold Salvio to Sheffield Wednesday the deals seems to be around 8.5 millions. Sosa arrived at Sheffield for deal worth 7.9 millions.

-

eduardo-salvio1.jpg

Salvio playing for the Argentina under-20 team.

-

On other news, manager Jorge Dias has sent today some scouts to look for a new promising striker to join Sheffield Wednesday in the next few weeks.

coventry beat boro 2-1 lastnite in a friendly, gadga stated that his coventry side are looking in great form at the moment and hopes that they can do the same on saturday when they meet boro in the league, lastnite was just a warm up for us claimed gadga..

gadga said that he would love to take on the wee club called liverpool in a friendly if not any club will do.

150px-Tottenham_Hotspur_Badge.png

Tottenham Set To Sign Sturridge

Tottenham Hotspur has today been linked with Chelsea youngster Daniel Sturridge. The young English talent is rumoured to boost up Tottenham's youth team and will be playing in the U-25 friendly tournament.

C_71_article_1083441_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpg

Daniel Sturridge for Man City before moving to Chelsea.

Tottneham manager Tom said " He is a quality player and i will say that we did make an offer of value for £5m but Chelsea made a counter offer to us which would see Palacious leave to Chelsea. I can confirmlly say that this deal will not be happening".

Pacheco Scores As Watford Comes From Behind

272184Sheffield%20Wednesday.jpgV watford-fc-1.png

Sheffield Wednesday 1-2 Watford

Division 2 - Wednesday 20 Jan 2010

Hillsborough (39,814)

Attendance - 22,287

M.TUDGAY'20

D.PACHECO'32

T.CLEVERLEY'57

Watford manager Khai has admitted he has been

impressed by Dani Pacheco’s recent performances

and has expected him to become a great player

at the club. The 19 year old hit his first personal

goal in the 2-1 victory over Sheffield Wednesday

in midweek. The other goal scorer was Tom Cleverley

and Marcus Tudgay scored for the home side.

The teenager arrived at Watford from Liverpool and

had signed a four-year-contract. The Malaysian

tactician was delighted and wants to see him

succeed.

“I am really pleased because he is training very well,

working really hard and showing his quality. To see

him playing upfront in the first two games and scoring

his first league goal is good for him and good for the

team."

His impressive display last time out has clearly

impressed Khai. He also delighted to get off the mark

for Watford and wants to improve his weaknesses.

“The first year in the English football is always difficult,

but even more so for a young player because it is more

physical here. But I have to learn more from the manager

and senior teammates. It was a nice moment for me.

I’m so delight [to get the goal] and hopefully I can score

more goals for the team in the future.”

The Spaniard who blasts the ball past Croatian Goalkeeper,

Matej Delac to score his first ever goal, also expresses his

desire to be an important player for the club.

"There is some big games coming up and I wants to be

involved in them. If the manager gives me time to play,

either from the start or as a substitute, then I will give

everything. I believe that I have enough quality to be a

good striker for the club."

pacheco%20herta.jpg

| Give me the big role, Khai ! |

Related Link

Team

Sheffield Wednesday

Watford

Player

Dani Pacheco

Marcus Tudgay

Matej Delac

Tom Cleverley

Official: Planus joins Sunderland!

planus-off2.jpg

Planus seen just outside Stadium of Light

The rumors about Planus is true! The former Bordeaux defender has just signed for Sunderland, he has agreed to sign a 3-years deal. Planus has been playing for Bordeaux through his career but now his dream has been made by playing for a Premiership side and in this case it's Sunderland. Planus arrived for a fee of 2.6£ + Michael Turner. This is coach Alexandre Pato's 21th signing for the season!

It was hard to leave Bordeaux after 8 years there but my dream has comen through by joining Sunderland. I know some players here, my old friend Plasil who used to play with me in Bordeaux and Lorik Cana who is one of the best Defensive Midfielder I've ever played against. I also belive that we in the future can fight for the Premiership title.

What to look out for this weekend!

Division 1- Manchester united vs Arsenal! - In my opinion possibly the best game of the season, Arsenal recently completed a 40m transfer of Fernando Torres. Could he be the difference? I believe the scores will be 2-1, with Manchester united without Rooney due to suspension i think they might just struggle, after his incredible hat trick on the opening day of the season.

Another fixture is Manchester city vs West Ham, struggled to come to an agreement on a result on this but i think Manchester city may just win this, David Villa to get the winner.

Fernando-Torres2.jpg

Fernando Torres is set to make debut this weekend.

Division 2- Swansea vs Peterborough- sorry guys but i had to choose this, this is around about the biggest game IMO, my Peterborough up against swanseajack's Swansea, hopefully it should be a cracker! with Van der Gun set to make his debut.

Another game that stands out is the Newcastle vs Bristol City game, Bristol City have made some good deals over the past few days and Newcatle have also brought some highly rated players, just to name a few Lincoln and Campbell.

Division 3- Southampton vs Derby County- Southampton will be without top scorer Rickie Lambert, but with Victor Anichebe another big striker im sure it'll be a goal fest, and Derby with there class in attack with a probable front line off Hulse and Porter it's sure to be a cracker. A win for Southampton would be there first win of the season, and a win for Derby would take them to there 3rd win of the season, witch could take them to the top of the table.

Southampton+v+Brighton+Hove+Albion+Nq4VSoLyfVcm.jpg

Southampton will be without Rickie Lambert due to suspension

Another game to watch would be Leeds United vs Millwall, Leeds looking for promotion to division 2, and with Sam Vokes and Jermaine Beckford on fine form it could well be great game, and with Millwall completing the loan signing of Pancrate from Newcastle it could sure provide some class.

Division 4- Torquay United vs Yeovil Town- division 4 is a tough league to get out of and Yeovil Town will be hoping to record there first win of the season after two disappointing games.

another big game in Division 4 this weekend is Northampton vs Stockport County, 2nd vs 3rd, both teams taken maximum points this team, probably a 1-1 result. But im sure both teams will be going for the win.

mcc3zc.gif

Chad Bond joins Crawley Town

Bond, will join non-league Crawley, for a fee of just over £10,000

Swansea City have announced the sale of 22-year Welsh forward Chad Bond, who joins non-league side Crawley Town for a fee of just over £10,000. Bond is a promosing young player, but Swansea feel that he doesn't have the potential to achieve anything above divison 3 level in the future.

Bond was set to be a cover forward, for Beattie and Okaka Chuka for the youth cup, but young forward Casey Thomas will have to step up in place of Bond.

Chad Bond is a product of Swansea's youth system, signing a proffesional contract in 2003. He was then released in early 2005, with Bond joining Port Talbot. But in 2006, he was resigned at Swansea. He's made just two appearances at Swansea in his career, both of which were starts.

peterborough-united-fc.jpg

Peterborough, active on the market

Peterborough today signed 30 year old dutch winger, Sedric Van der Gun for a club record fee of £4.4m from Swansea. After a week of controversy at London Road many have thought Tomlins will be leaving, but he is said to be staying with the club for the time being, and still wants to build a great squad fit for promotion. Van der Gun becomes Tomlins' 4th permanent transfer since he took over the managerial job 10 days ago.

0,,10354~7087987,00.jpg

Sedric Van der Gun could make his debut against his former club Swansea on Saturday.

Van der Gun previous clubs have been Ajax, FC Den Bosch, Den Haag, FC Utrecht, Borussia Dortmand and Willem II.

Peterborough are also said to be interested in Mwaruwari Benjani and Danny tu. And apparently had a bid rejected 48 hours ago for Alan Smith.

Mwaruwari Benjani said:

I'm flattered to be linked with Peterborough, but after Manchester city let me go the other day i'm now transfer banned till March so i won't be playing in the championship yet.

Peterborough have received bids for Ryan Bennett, Krystian Pearce and Exodus Geohaghan and are tipped to let them go, to relieve the wage bills and to raise some funds at the club.

benjanimwaruwari.jpg

Could Benjani join Peterborough in March?

Toumani Diagouraga is in France tonight and is set to make his move to EA Guingamp for a fee we believe to be around £1.3m. Diagouraga said:

I'm feeling mixed emotions at the moment, i feel happy that i'm going to be moving back to France where i was born and lived for much of my childhood, but i'm disappointed that i have to leave England where the best league is, and witch i one day hope to return to.

0,,10427~6902489,00.jpg

Diagouraga is set for a return to France.

Posh are hopeful to improve the team after resent results witch have seen them slip into the bottom 3 and only take 1 point from the last two games.

Manager Dan Tomlins reply when asked about transfers..

We're in talks with many players, some look bleek and some look bright but we only have a minimum budget and we can't go around splashing our cash. We hope that Van der Gun will be at the club in today.

43066_hp.jpg

Van Der Gun celebrating goal, whilst at Swansea.

38.gif

Holland manager anncounes sqaud for todays game

Manager lewis scorgie had to name his sqaud for the world cup quailfyer with Austrillia.

1. Van der sar

2. Mathjsen

3. emanulson

4. Hegitnga

5.Van brockeshert

6. Van der varrt

7. Kuyt

8. Snejder

9. Van nistreloy

10. Van persie

11. Robben

12. Bouma

13. Huntlear

14. seedorf

15 . De Veris

16. Van bommel.

so scorgie has decied to go with a 4-4-2 and has managed to get Van der sar and Van nistelrooy out of reiterment.

postives.

the dutch have a good midfiled and strike force

great playermarkers and finshers.

Negatives

The defence is old and weak and not very good.

Only three players play in the epl

Guest MR. HAMMER

notts-county_1506171c.jpg

CHERMAN AND BORD TALK ABOUT MANAGER

TODAY NOTTS COUNTYS CHERMAN AND TRANFER DIRECTOR HAS HAD THERE 1ST INTERVIW SINCE MATTUIE BECKETT TOOK OVER THE TWO WAS HAPPY TO TELL PRESS THAY ARE BACKING THE MANAGER WITH ALL THAY CAN TO GET THE TEAM TO LEAGUE 1 THIS SEASON AND WAS HAPPY TO SEE HIS TACKTICS WORK PARTLY IN A 3-3 DRAW ON WEDNESDAY BUT WAS SHOCKED WHEN THE TEAM WENT 2-0 DOWN IN THE GAME BUT THE CHERMAN HAS TOLD PRESS THE MANAGER IS BEING BACKED AND HE WOULD NOT TALK ABOUT A BIG NAME LINKED WITH A TAKE OVER OF NOTTS COUNTY AND TO CHOP THE MANAGER AFTER HIS TAKE OVER.

TRANFER NEWS:

0,,10324~6938852,00.jpg

LAST GAME FOR X TEAM

TODAY NOTTS COUNTY HAVE SIGNED 23 YEAR OLD WINGER LIAM FEENEY THE YOUNG ENGLAND WINGER JOINED THE LEAGUE 2 SIDE FOR 225K AND THE MANAGER HAS TOLD PRESS HE IS IN THE 1ST TEAM HERE AND IS HOPING HE CAN DO WELL THIS SEASON AFTER HERING BIG THINGS FROM THE BORD ABOUT THE ENGLAND YOUTH.

saponara.jpg

TODAY 18 YEAR OLD FORWORD RICCARDO SAPONARA HAS SWICHED ITALY FOR ENGLAND AND HAS SIGNED A 3 YEAR DEAL ON 3.4K A WEEK TO SIGN FOR NOTTS COUNTY THE FORWORD SIGNED FOR 100K AND THE MANAGER HAS TOLD PRESS HE IS LOOKING FOR THE YOUTH TO BAG SOME GOALS THIS SEASON.

soccer-manager-logo-b.gif

English Championship 5579 News

Turn 3

Division One

Division One is a quality division, with teams having a large substancial amount of cash. Teams surprise us all the time, so lets see what has been happening in Division 1.

Starting with Sunderland as they are on the verge of signing Argentine forward Alejandro Dominguez from Valencia. The deal is a sum of £3.5m plus young English talent Frazier Cambell. This deal see's one of Valencia's best strikers leave the club.

Everton are also in the market to sign a top striker and thats exactly what they did as there big for Germany's Klose has been accepted. The deal came to £13.7m. This season looks as though its got alot of goals in it already.

As speculation of over Arsenal was going to buy to place upfront, no one expected them to bid for one of the best strikers in the league, Liverpool's Fernando Torres. But thats exactly what they did and Liverpool accepted the deal which was worth a massive £40m pounds. Brilliant, cant wait to see who Liverpool replace him with.

0d61e327644ab3aeb9e8f0d56c4821edmiroslaw_klose.jpg

Everton Bound

Division 2

Division two have already seen some great signings this year but lets have a look to see who the teams bourght this turn.

Watford have been the busiest in the league this turn, with bids being accepted for a total of 6 players. The players are Trasch for £4m, Felipe Azevedo for 40k, Miguel for £40m, Douglas for £850k plus M.Bryan, Nieto for £500k and last but not least Rodrigo Rantas for £150k. These players are expected to bulk up Watfords first team aswell as thier youth team.

Bristol City capture the signing of celtic player Samaras for around £5m plus Wilson. Great deal which brings an expericenced player to bulk up the team and could maybe be the club captain because of his oustanding knowlege and experience of the game.

Sheffield Wednesday have captured the signing of Sosa from Estudiantes for a fee of around £7-8m pounds. This brings in another argentine into the setup and a quality midfielder.

As peterbourgh fans think they have what it takes to stay up, now most of the football pundits think that aswell as they sign Swansea City's Van Der Gun for around £4.4m. This is a quality signing because Van Der Gun is a key player.

samaras_280x390_472474a.jpg

Bristol City

Division 3

Division 3 may not be the richest league out the divisions, but it is sure one of the most exciting ones. With the odd star moving down the leagues to end the carear, Division 3 could be the place for them. Unfortunaley no stars have moved to Division 3 in this turn but lets have alook at who has been wheeling and dealing.

Plymouth Argyle have been the most active team in the Division signing 3 players. These players are Aranda for £2.2m, Varas for 1.8m and Victor Casadesus £3.3m. These players are quality and it looks as though Plymouth Argyle are going back up to Division 2 and beyond.

Millwall have also been in the market this turn and have bought Schelotto for under £1m pounds. Good sighing there for a team struggling for money.

schelotto_200.jpg

Millwall - Schelotto

Division 4

The lowest division in the league cannot be laughed at as some teams proved that they can take on Division 1 teams as Brentford showed in a 1-0 game against Pompey. From my knowledge and looking at the teams, i belive that no players moved to a division 4 team this turn. Im sure someone will correct me as my knowledge and understanding of Division 4 is limited, and this newspaper column has alot of players who have moved to this league and is hard to keep track of all the players. Correct me guys.

Best buy this turn:

Fernando Torres

Liverpool Football Club ---- Arsenal Football Club

fernando_torres_280_500340a2.jpg

Italy manager anncounes sqaud for todays game

Flag_of_italy.gif

Manager Federico Macheda has named his starting XI for the World Cup Qualifier with Bosnia & Herzegovina.

---------------------Buffon---------------------

-------Zambrotta------Cannavaro------Chiellini-------

-------------------------Nesta----------------------

---Gattuso------De Rossi------Pirlo------Grosso---

---------------Gilardino-------Rossi---------------

Italy will be looking for the win to kick start there aim of winning the World Cup.

25_1217871592.jpg

COVENTRY AIM TO MAKE IT 3 OUT OF 3

Gadga takes league leaders coventry to 2nd place boro tommorrow with one thing on the players and gadga's mind, a away win to make it 3 out of 3 for the sky blues, we played boro lastnite in a 2-1 coventry win in a friendly but that means nothing its tommorrow that counts and we will be looking to carry on the excellent start of the season, gadga has said that there won't be any changes.

On the transfer front it has been announced that gadga as put a bid in for a cm/dm, without saying to much gadga only said that he is a french cm/dm.. he is a 87 rated,

Guest Higgy

PromotionEnglandFootballFlagArt.jpg

England 3 - 2 Bulgaria

16, Owen

25, Bojinov

48, Petrov

52, Owen

59, Rooney

owenD1209_468x355.jpg

the In-form Fulham striker scored a stunning double!

England managed to pull of a home win against Bulgaria, winning 3-2 in what was a good debut for Ahmed Gharib as the man in charge. Ahmed stated many times, that he would pick squads based on form and not reputation and Fulham Striker Michael Owen backed up Gharib's views with a stunning performance.

Michael Owen gave England the lead on 16 minutes, after he finished off a slick passing move with a clever finish. While England controlled the game, Bulgaria were looking threatening and equalized on the 25 minute mark, when Bojinov rose majestically and headed the in-swinging corner into the net!

barry595getty.jpg

Gareth Barry was another great performer!

But just 3 minutes into the second half and Bulgaria went ahead. Petrov hit a powerful right foot shot into the onion bag, He'll be proud of that one! Then just two minutes later Owen leveled, after Using his blistering pace, he left the defenders in his wake and chipped the keeper with aplomb.

then 7 minutes later, The Golden Boy, Wayne Rooney put England ahead. After he superbly controlled a long ball over the defence, before volleying past the motionless keeper!.

_41086030_rooney.jpg

Wayne Rooney delighted after giving England the lead

England will now prepare for next Friday's Qualifier away against Romania. Where they'll be looking to pick up their second win to boost their World Cup hopes!.

Italy stick two past Bosnia & Herzegovina

Flag_of_italy.gif

Italy came out 2-0 winners against Bosnia & Herzegovina with Daniele De Rossi rounding the keeper and finishing from an acute angle in the 22nd minute and Andrea Pirlo running onto a through ball and thumping it into the top corner on 57 minutes. The win puts Italy top of there group but their next game is a tough one against Ukraine who are just behind Italy on goal difference after there 1-0 win against Iceland, the next game is on the 29th, however neither De Rossi or Pirlo got man of the match with it going to goal-keeper Gianluigi Buffon.

derossiEPA_450x300.jpg

De Rossi celebrating his goal

Manager Federico Macheda said after the game that he was delighted with the win and wanted to thank the fans for there support, we asked him what it was like to manage both a club and an international team and he replied “Yes I admit it is hard but with Italy top of their group and West Brom 3rd in the Championship I have no complaints!”

Match Stats

Possession

37% - 63%

Total Shots

7 - 25

Shots On Target

4 - 11

Corners

6 - 8

Yellow Cards

1 - 1

Red Cards

0 - 0

peterborough-united-fc.jpg

Peterborough United vs Swansea City Preview

After taking an away point from the Walker's stadium on Wednesday, manager Dan Tomlins will be hopping to take his first 3 points of the season, but he has tuff opposition in Swansea who sit 8th in the league.

Swansea this week sold 30 year old winger Sedric Van der Gun to Peterborough, Whom had scored 1 out of there 4 goals this season and set up 2 goals.

Posh are yet to win this season, but tonight will hope to take something out of the game, witch should be a tough contest.

Cedric-van-Der-Gun-001.jpg

Van der Gun set to face Swansea, whom he was only with 2 days ago!

hollandflag.jpg

Nerthlands vs Austrailla live text

0:

Kick-Off

1: Urby EMANUELSON is put through into the six yard box, but the linesman raises his flag

4: GOAL!! - Mark VIDUKA beats the offside trap and slides it under the advancing keeper!

6: Mark VIDUKA chip beats the keeper but it is cleared off the line by the waiting defender

9: A fingertip save by Mark SCHWARZER denies what would have been a lovely worked goal

10: Mark VIDUKA takes the ball around two defenders but then fluffs his shot

11: A smooth one-two between Ruud VAN NISTELROOY and his team mate to create some nice passing moves

13: Scott MCDONALD trys to chip the keeper, but hits it over the crossbar

16: GOAL!! - Wesley SNEIJDER caresses in a curling shot! What technique!

18: GOAL!! - Arjen ROBBEN pokes the ball past the defender on the line following a goalmouth scramble! Not one for the purists but they all count!

26: BOOKED - A stupid challenge by Giovanni VAN BRONCKHORST results in a yellow card

28: GOAL!! - Mark MILLIGAN nonchalantly lobs it over the advancing keeper!

32: GOAL!! - Wesley SNEIJDER rises majestically and heads the in-swinging corner into the net!

40: The ball ricochets off Giovanni VAN BRONCKHORST and out of play

44: A dazzling run by Mark VIDUKA is ended with a crisp strike that goes agonisingly wide

45:

Half Time

48: A shot from Harry KEWELL is cleared off the line and out to safety

49: GOAL!! - Lightning quick Harry KEWELL bursts into the box and lashes home from 15-yards!

53: BOOKED - The ref brandishes a yellow card to Jade NORTH for kicking the ball away

54: Joshua ROSE will be kicking himself for failing to capitalise on the break

56: Mark SCHWARZER didn't see the shot but some how manages to save it!

58: The imposing Mark VIDUKA heads inches over

62: Harry KEWELL has his head in his hands, after he blasts wide infront of an open goal!!!!

64: A poor finish by Wesley SNEIJDER

66: Arjen ROBBEN drags his shot wide

67: BOOKED - After a foolish foul on the edge of the box Arjen ROBBEN receives an instant caution!

69: A free header by Harry KEWELL hardly troubles the keeper

72: Some brilliant work down the flank by Arjen ROBBEN leaves him in plenty of space, but a weak pass is easily intercepted

75: Excellent first touch by Scott MCDONALD, he turns skillfully, but rifles his shot wide

76: Robin VAN PERSIE heads onto the roof of the goal

82: Good passing by Tim CAHILL, helps to keep the midfield together

89: A lovely ball falls to Arjen ROBBEN but he shoots wide

90:

Full Time

Guest Higgy

150808SSlogo450200.jpg

85_1193758928.gif

Scwaab Swaps Leverkusen for West Ham United!

blog-schwaab.jpg

The young Right-Back has signed for West Ham ..

The German youngster who moved to West Ham United is expected to play a big role in the Dfense for West Ham from now on. Especially since Tomkins been sold to Slavia Sofia for 6 Million.

Schwaab was shortly Interviewed after arriving in London.. "I am proud To be moving to such a club as West Ham United and to get the chance to work with Manager Ahmed Gharib."

West Ham United take on Manchester City tonight in Manchester in the league and West Ham United will look to remain unbeaten against a Manchester City side that will be challenging for a top four place.

mcc3zc.gif

Swansea announce new signing, Oguchi Onyewu

U.S International centre-back, Oguchi Onyewu, joins Swansea for £4,300,000

Swansea City have today announced that they have had an accepted bid, from Italian giants AC Milan, for American centre-back Oguchi Onyewu.

The American international, is a certainty for the American world cup squad, and could be a very good buy. At just £4,300,000, he is a bargain buy, and with Swansea desperatly needing a centre-back, he will get guarenteed regular football.

With a very competitive market, Swansea City boss Aidan Radford was extermely suprised that Onyewu was availible, and immeadiatly put a bid in for the centre-back.

The deal has been funded, with the cash from Cedric Van Der Gun's move to Peterborough, for the same transfer fee. But Swansea believe Onyewu has more quality than Van Der Gun. Swansea are delighted to do what was targeted, and sign a quality centre-back, with the money recieved from Van Der Gun's transfer.

Although Onyewu does not quality for the U-25 cup, he will play every league game availible to him when fit, according to Swansea boss Aidan Radford. Radford also said that the partnership of Williams and Onyewu was as good of a partnership of any in the divison, including Sol Campbell and Fabricio Coloccini's partnership at Newcastle.

Swansea City boss Aidan Radford, has said that Williams's and Oneywu's partnership will be as good as any in the divison.

Onyewu will watch tommorow's game against Peterborough from the stands, and is set to make his debut in Wednesday's away trip to the Ricoh Arena. Where Swansea will face a goal frenzy Coventry City, with Onyewu set to be more than a help in that fixture.

Swansea City manager Aidan Radford commented on the signing:

He's exactly what we've been trying to sign. Sign selling Van Der Gun to Peterborough a couple of days ago, we've been after a couple of possible targets. But none of the quality that Onyewu has, when i saw him availible, i was shocked that he wasn't already signed by a rival club. We were expecting to have to sell another defender to complete the move, but we've managed to complete the transfer with the money from the Van Der Gun sale. We're delighted with the signing, and looking forward to Onyewu's debut on wednesday, which will be perfect timing against a Coventry side who know how to score.

Onuchi Onyewu commented on switching Milan, for Swansea:

I'm delighted to be here. It's a club where i can reach my full potential, and hopefully i can get a spot in the team on a regular basis. The club has big , whilst realistic, ambitations, and i want to achieve their future goals with them. I'm happy to be here for a long period of time, as it's a great club to be involved in. I was greeted very well by the fans, on my arrival, and hopefully i can get the fans behind me, as soon as i start playing. I enjoyed my time at Milan, but both me aswell as Milan thought it was the right decision for me to move on, i wasn't getting enough game time, and Swansea offered a price that Milan was happy with. I'm looking forward to my time at the right side of South-Wales

mcc3zc.gif

Gorka Pintado joins Recreativo

Pintado will move back to Spain, as Swansea look to replace him with younger strikers

Swansea City have today announced that striker, Gorka Pintado has completed his move to Spanish side Recreavito for a fee of £1,305,600.

Gorka Pintado has spent two years at Swansea, since arriving from Giranda. But has never really got the fans behind him, and has slipt out of favour of the new manager.

Pintado was well down the pecking order, with Swansea boss Aidan Radford preffering Beattie, Trundle, Okaka Chuka & Holt to the 31-year old forward.

Pintado is now likely to spend the rest of his career in Spain, but has said that he would love to return back to England in the future, if a club came in for him.