Hi everyone, I should first explain that I'm not a complete 'noob' on SM, my rep is 101 and I currently own three gameworlds. Not that it's relevant but I've won a few trophies with several teams and I like to think that I'm not too bad at most aspects of the game.

However just now I've purchased a 'Custom Gameworld Slot' which when I use will be my fourth gameworld. The reason I've created this thread is because I'm a bit stuck for ideas for my team, the setup type, amount of teams etc.

I manage two Barcelona's, Real Madrid, Chelsea, Inter, Marsielle and Liverpool. Like most people I would normally straightaway take Barcelona as my team, but having three similar teams isn't the most exciting thing. Next I thought AC Milan, but they aren't all that amazing and the same goes for Man United. Arsenal aren't exactly world beaters either and well, I manage most of the remaining 'top' teams. So what team should I take?

Next I'd like some of your opinions on the setup type. My gameworld's currently are a standard Spanish Championship, a custom but basically standard World Championship and a custom league similar to a European Championship. Ideally I'd like to have the top European clubs involved, so if anyone could give their thoughts on this they'd be much appreciated.

And what about the other rules? Bearing in mind I want to keep it active like my other gameworlds and appealing to other players, what should I do with the economy etc?

Replies don't have to be too long, just write any ideas you might have. Please don't request jobs- you will be ignored if you simply reply 'Can I have Barca'. I may offer jobs out soon on the forum. And one last thing, any ideas for a name?!

Cheers guys, I guess I've just run out of ideas!:o:D

Re: New Setup Tips?

In the Special Setup I am in the main rule is that each club can only have a 1st team player and young player from the same nationality.

For example

I have Manchester United and I decided out of all my English players I was going to keep Wayne Rooney and a youth player (under 21)

So you need to have only one player from 1 Nation on First Team and Youth. So If you have Barcelona and want to keep Xavi (First Team) Bojan (Youth) then you must sell Puyol, Valdes, Iniesta, and etc.

Well some random ideas. many have been mentioned before on here but still make good fun.

The Letter Challenge- Would only work for 26 teams. Each team gets a letter and can only have players beginning with that letter

Worlds Minnows No Big names allowed- A harder setup where teams must have a maximum player rating of 80. No buying from external clubs.

Country of origin- Each manager must manage a club from a country they are from. Bigger clubs like Chelsea and Barcelona will not be allowed

National teams- A more popular idea where each team can only buy players from a selected national side.

Standard setup with no external- Pick a standard setup e.g English, Spanish, Australian and forbid buying from external clubs.

I'm not to experience with custom setups as i've never been in one, but when you think about it, what makes a game world fun for everyone, and keeps people in it? Imo it is keeping the game world equal. Instead of putting in the barcas and Chelsea who are already so far ahead, make it all smaller clubs, who are all relatively equal. And put the better clubs in the lower divisions so that the smaller clubs have a chance to catch up a bit. Also, making it something different would also be exciting. The suggestions in earlier posts sound quite good. You could also do something like each club can only have 3 players from external clubs or something like that, which would stop any star hogging.

i am in one setup called clared smarf tour moor or something like that all clubs are almost equal so it s very interesting and always full with managers and bigger clubs are in division 4 but not so much bigger world where u having big club it is boring and managers quit soon specially with opening new worlds every hour ,setups where u have yours nationality also boring and where u cant buy i dont know someone over 33 or over 80 managers also quit fast u ll see

• 5 months later...

Creating gameworlds where half of the teams are say the cream of Europe and the other half are some of the smallest stadium in the UK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_football_stadiums_by_capacity

Another idea would be to throw in a few teams where the stadium cap is not in proportion to the population of that town.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jan/13/stadiums-capacity-town-population-knowledge

Not sure is it just me, but feels like 99% of leagues has same top 40 or 60 teams, with only minor differences.

I would like to play with not so top teams, thats why i created scabal-challenge for example.

I think there were some talk about league between few european nations. I think Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Belgium and few other countries were planning it but it collapsed for some reason (uefa propably).

Havent been able to find information about it. Reason for this leagues was that in those countries had few dominating teams (rosenborg at Norway for example) which did not play in hard league enough.