Sign in to follow this  
KopStar

Mustafa Amini- trialling with Borrusia Dortmund and Newcastle United

Re: Mustafa Amini- HUGE POTENTIAL!

Since making his debut he has gone from strength to strength. Still yet to play the full 90 but very impressive in most of his matches.

Tonight was the first full game of his I've seen in a while and he was just brilliant in helping his side to a 4-0 win over Sydney and was involved in the lead up to most of the goals.

Rumors that he is going to Bayern Munich on trial.

Just logged on to say that :eek:

So a starting a grand final and then off to trial for one of the biggest clubs in Germany... pretty big week for the kid.. and he is only 17!

Just logged on to say that :eek:

So a starting a grand final and then off to trial for one of the biggest clubs in Germany... pretty big week for the kid.. and he is only 17!

Yep! Should have been in the winning team though...

Amini Is Heading Over

EXCLUSIVE: Central Coast Mariners teenage playmaker Mustafa Amini WILL head to Europe later this week for trials with Borussia Dortmund followed by England’s Newcastle United, we can confirm.

And with the praise of the Socceroos’ German coach Holger Osieck still ringing in his ears, Amini heads to Europe later this week full of confidence and excitement.

Earlier this week, reports claimed the Mariners hadn’t yet granted permission for the Bluetongue cult hero to trial in Europe. Other reports said he’d be spending time at German giants Bayern Munich.

However, au.fourfourtwo.com can confirm the player will leave Australia this Thursday bound for the German Bundesliga leaders, and that he leaves with the club’s blessings.

Amini is set to spend ten days with Dortmund - Mitch Langerak’s club - followed by a trip to Geordieland to train with EPL side Newcastle United.

Both clubs have invited the Mariner to train with them - a sign of the buzz around this exciting new talent.

And that buzz has been ramped up by Socceroo coach Holger Osieck’s assessment of the exciting 17-year-old.

"He has something special, he is very courageous and he plays some risky balls upfront, which I really like," Osieck said this week.

"I don't want to have the 100 per cent passers playing the square ball two metres right, two metres left, you have to have the guts, the balls to really go for it, and he has got it."

The Young Socceroo is set to be in Europe for around a month before returning for national U/20 training camps in Australia ahead of the World Youth Cup next July in Colombia.

"I think he's in a good situation with the Young Socceroos, Jan (Versleijen, coach) is an excellent guy to convey the way he should go and so is Arnie (Graham Arnold, Mariners coach),” added Osieck.

"Maybe I can be down the road one of the people to help him as well.

"If he goes to a try-out it is never a mistake to experience a new atmosphere, new mentality, new environment.

"I think he looks to me already a pretty mature guy who can pick up and is willing to learn. He is still in a state of learning, we can't forget that. But he is a good prospect, that is for sure."

The youngster said the experience will be an eye-opener.

"Football is massive over there. It’s like a religion, they’re really crazy about it,” Amini told au.fourfourtwo.com today.

“So it’s Newcastle United after Borussia Dortmund. Hopefully I do well then I'll come back."

The trip will be a vital part of the player's preparations for the World Youth Cup in July.

“We’ll be playing the best in the world. That’ll be amazing, so training with a Bundesliga club that’s coming first in the league, it’s pretty crazy," Amini added.

"Jan [Versleijen] supports the trip fully - he’s really happy and looking forward to me coming into camp after.”

The trip comes just days after the Mariners heart-breaking grand final loss in the A-League to Brisbane Roar. While hugely disappointed, Amini said the game was a great advert for the A-League and his club.

“I don’t feel so well but what can you do? That’s football. It was just a great experience to be playing in it. And Arnie had the confidence to start me which was great. Just a bad way to lose it.

“Arnie told us before the game no matter how long the game goes, we’ve got to concentrate and maybe we lacked that little bit of concentration at the end. And it cost us.”

For a 17-year-old to walk out onto a Suncorp stadium that was a sea of orange and the din of 50,000 odd fans was something that will stay with Amini for a long time.

“My heart was beating so fast. It was crazy,” he recalled.

“I had my parents there, my brother and little sister too. I saw them actually when we were singing the national anthem and they were sitting with all the Mariners fans.

“Just seeing them was crazy and 50,000 around them was really great.”

During his down-time on Tuesday, Amini dropped by the award-winning Toni&Guy (www.toniandguy.com.au) hair salon in Parramatta, Sydney.

It was the first time he'd visited such a salon and the Mariner was given the full treatment as the team went to work on the most recognizable afros in the A-League.

Stylists Nathan and Jessie said it wasn’t about cutting the player's trademark look; rather it was about restyling it so it would grow more evenly.

Amini hoped his afro would look just right for Colombia in July when no doubt there will be comparisons made with that country’s legendary playmaker Carlos Valderrama – known for his extraordinary afro just as much as his wonderful skills.

“It’s a bit shorter but it’s got more texture so it’s cool,” Amini said after inspecting his reshaped afro.

“They’ve given me a moisturiser too which I have to put in my hair after I shower. The players will probably give it to me a bit when I turn up to training with this.”

And the hair has not escaped Osieck’s attention either.

The Socceroos coach added: "He has ginger hair and that shows something already - we say in Germany if someone has ginger hair they are always a little bit more aggressive.”

To see Musty at the hair salon...

http://au.fourfourtwo.com/news.aspx?CIaNID=198980#comments

Re: Mustafa Amini- trialling with Borrusia Dortmund and Newcastle United

He had the hair trimmed a bit this week.

Good luck to him and our other young prospects! :D

I guess it's mostly training with them for the u20 WC coming up, but obviously trialling is the important thing. Better off with Dortmund for development, he'll be around and behind the likes of Gotze and that other young German they just bought... Moritz Leitner.

I like our u20 age group quite a lot, especially compared to some from the last batches.

Another who could be pushing to start in that u20 WC (well decent chance) will be Terry Antonis; yet to turn 18 until in the later part of the year.

;) Wait and see until then (hopefully they all perform to potential).

It looked like he wouldn't end up there this coming season, but CCM may have reached an agreement and deal it looks like now after one declined offer last month. Happy for him and for his future development. A great move for him, despite the likelihood of playing full games in the A-League when it starts later in the year (much better development training with them and playing at youth and reserve level).

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/mustafa-amini/klopp-holt-pumuckl-amini-18304840.bild.html

I used a translator and it says:

Hooray, hooray, Dortmund gets the super-talent with the red hair!

Football Pumuckl Mustafa Amini (18) is satisfied BVB coach Jürgen Klopp (43) in the sample training in March (BILD reported). Result: The Australian U-20 national team with the fiery red curly hair is now Borusse.

Borussia Dortmund manager Michael Zorc (48) to BILD: "We have the Central Coast Mariners made a new offer for Mustafa. We are confident that we can agree now ... "

Champion Klopp brings Pumuckl!

250 000 € Dortmund must release to the Australian Vice-champion (they would mean runner-up in the premiership and championship) Central Coast Mariners pay. Just a few weeks ago, the A-League club from Gosford (50 km north of Sydney) more than twice requested. Meanwhile, there has leadership changed and the club used a rethink.

Dortmund gets the football Pumuckl!

Down Under is the strong-running midfield technicians already become a cult figure.

Amini: grin: "My hair is naturally pure. Our games are the fans in the stadium even red wigs. "

Not at all imagine, will look how crazy the south stand (25 000 fans), if in the future will break out the wigs fever ...

Amini (mother from Nicaragua, Afghan father) says: "The BVB is an indescribable club with an incredible coach. I really want to go there! "

Now the football dream is probably true. Klopp on the "kicking goblin": "The boy is a huge talent!

Beat me to it.. great for him to join such a big club with a good focus on youth. Its also a pretty decent fee concerning that he is only 17 and not South American.

However big times for CCM now loosing Perez and Amini

It looked like he wouldn't end up there this coming season' date=' but CCM may have reached an agreement and deal it looks like now after one declined offer last month. Happy for him and for his future development. A great move for him, despite the likelihood of playing full games in the A-League when it starts later in the year (much better development training with them and playing at youth and reserve level).

[url']http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/mustafa-amini/klopp-holt-pumuckl-amini-18304840.bild.html[/url]

I used a translator and it says:

Hooray, hooray, Dortmund gets the super-talent with the red hair!

Football Pumuckl Mustafa Amini (18) is satisfied BVB coach Jürgen Klopp (43) in the sample training in March (BILD reported). Result: The Australian U-20 national team with the fiery red curly hair is now Borusse.

Borussia Dortmund manager Michael Zorc (48) to BILD: "We have the Central Coast Mariners made a new offer for Mustafa. We are confident that we can agree now ... "

Champion Klopp brings Pumuckl!

250 000 € Dortmund must release to the Australian Vice-champion (they would mean runner-up in the premiership and championship) Central Coast Mariners pay. Just a few weeks ago, the A-League club from Gosford (50 km north of Sydney) more than twice requested. Meanwhile, there has leadership changed and the club used a rethink.

Dortmund gets the football Pumuckl!

Down Under is the strong-running midfield technicians already become a cult figure.

Amini: grin: "My hair is naturally pure. Our games are the fans in the stadium even red wigs. "

Not at all imagine, will look how crazy the south stand (25 000 fans), if in the future will break out the wigs fever ...

Amini (mother from Nicaragua, Afghan father) says: "The BVB is an indescribable club with an incredible coach. I really want to go there! "

Now the football dream is probably true. Klopp on the "kicking goblin": "The boy is a huge talent!

Nice work on the translation, pretty accurate (I'm german!) ;)

The "Pumuckl" reference is related to a children's cartoon figure "Meister Eder und sein Pumuckl" which is a fiery red haired (afro style) figure with freckles much like Amini himself. I'm sure the fans will use the theme song to make a chant or song for him. :D

Check out the resemblance!!!

pumuckl1.jpg

41817_164906740202314_3156653_n.jpg

Beat me to it.. great for him to join such a big club with a good focus on youth. Its also a pretty decent fee concerning that he is only 17 and not South American.

However big times for CCM now loosing Perez and Amini

He's 18 now :P hence why he was able to sign a contract. ;)

By all accounts Dortmund's Zorc, financial director at Dortmund, was concerned that Amini could star at the U20 WC and therefore wanted to "wrap up" the deal before he left for S. America. No doubt a good tournament could've raised his valuation and may have attracted more scouts and interest from abroad. :rolleyes:

(I'm german!) ;)

i have only just found this out.

2 years ago when doing my gcse coursework you could have been the most useful person i know. its too late now i guess ;) suddenly hit me, football manager games are a very good way to pass your german coursework !

He's 18 now :P hence why he was able to sign a contract. ;)

By all accounts Dortmund's Zorc' date=' financial director at Dortmund, was concerned that Amini could star at the U20 WC and therefore wanted to "wrap up" the deal before he left for S. America. No doubt a good tournament could've raised his valuation and may have attracted more scouts and interest from abroad. :rolleyes:[/quote']

Only problem there was that he has one year left on his contract.. so they couldn't hold out too long because then his contract would expire and Central Coast would get nothing... still 340k is decent enough especially concerning the first bid was 150k (even though central coast say they havent received the 340k bid yet)

Only problem there was that he has one year left on his contract.. so they couldn't hold out too long because then his contract would expire and Central Coast would get nothing... still 340k is decent enough especially concerning the first bid was 150k (even though central coast say they havent received the 340k bid yet)

haha :D

yeah mate' date=' I'm aware of all that. The 1 yr left of the contract, the original 100K euro bid, etc

Fact is that CCM could have gambled and waited til after the U20 WC BUT what if he'd injured himself badly, the whole deal could have collapsed!!! :rolleyes:

On the other hand, he could have done a Ned Zelic and become an overnight starlet and made a name for himself. Then his value might have skyrocketed!!!

The germans have a saying, "better to have the sparrow in the hand than the pigeon on the roof!" ;) Maybe Zorc told the CCM this and they could see his point. :P

For all those on the forum that are old enough to remember, here is a flashback to 1992 :eek: hmmmmm if I could turn back time!!! :D

[url']

[/url]

By all accounts' date=' a 4 year contract but Dortmund will look to loan him back to CCM for another season. :rolleyes:[/quote']

So we basically have to wait another year before he'll be able to get a decent rise for his minutes (assuming SM also hate Australia so they won't give him much more than +2/3 even if he plays every single minute and scores 15 goals..).