2uruh5y.jpg

l_650.gif

172_1245420019.jpgValencia 2-1 Athletic Club138_1199723643.gif

D.PABLO HERNANDEZ (59)

M.BERNBURG (67)

É.BANEGA (72)

Pablo-Hernandez.jpg

Valencia off to a great start under Jake

What a weekend it has been for Valencia. Their manager walked out of the club on Friday evening after doing all he could for the club, later that Friday night they found their replacement, former Falkirk manager SirJake stepped up to take the Spanish giants on a 3 season management job at the football club. Speculation was surrounding the young Englishmen after in his past he has had experience in Spanish football but didn't last long but all critisism was put aside Saturday night, Valencia came out 2-1 winners over the top 4 hopeful Atheltic Club at the Mestalla stadium, Jake's home debut gets off with a win.

The game didn't get off to the best of start's though, after a complete stalemate first half, chances were created by either side but the likes of Villa and David Silva just couldn't put the ball in the net for Valencia. The second half was a different chapter, the game suddenly hit top gear, chances being created either way and with the deadlock coming close to be broke it was Valencia that took the lead, Spaniard Pablo Hernandez who has a point to prove to new manager SirJake skinning Iraola and finishing neatly past Iraizoz in the Atheltic Club goal, advantage Valencia. The game still had that very high tempo and just 8 minutes later Atheltic Club equalised, Bernburg who had just come on as a substitute showing his legs against the tired looking Valencia defence and slotting neatly past Sanchez, this time it's the Atheltic Club fans chance to go wild. After massive pressure from Atheltic Club, they were caught on the break on the 72nd minute, Ever Banega sprinting clear of the Club midfield then a nice 1-2 with Villa enabled the pass to wipe out the whole Atheltic Club defence and the Argentine neatly slotting home he's first goal of the season, brilliant.

So the game finished 2-1 in the end at the Mestalla, Pablo Hernandez and Banega the scorers for Valencia and Bernburg for Atheltic Club. Jake off to the best possible start with his new side on Saturday night and after the tough encounter at the Mestalla SkySportsNews caught up with the new Valencia manager and this is what he had to say on he's sides victory tonight:

"Overall, my team played very well tonight, improvements still need to be made but now we will concentrate on our Spanish Shield Round 3 game on Monday night now against Gimnàstic who could produce a shock as the Mestalla so we need to be on high alert. Me and my team were under big pressure tonight and it wasn't going to be easy having a great club such as Athletic Club who have a great manager too as my first game in charge so I myself would like to congratulate the team on how they played tonight. That's all I can say really from tonight's performance and on Monday night I hope we can progress to the Spanish Shield Round 4, thanks."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gold Championship 91 Results nights are never the same when there is no GC91 result to check. No transfers to update, although I've got a few targets in mind. Over half my squad is on transfer

Re: Gold Championship 91 Old Boy Comes Back To Haunt Old Club! Manchester City 2-1 Aston Villa Ireland 9 Heskey 60 Barry 89 Barry Celebrates His Late Winner! After a disappointing defeat

Re: Gold Championship 91 my best deal was heinze for 8 mil. which isnt bril but a 90 for cash is rear also just won my 1st GC Championship with Shakthar in GC91.:D:D

Re: Gold Championship 91

gc91banner.png

Manchester City Unveil French Sensation.

FIFA_World_Cup_017e.JPG?adImageId=7984164&imageId=7052326

Gignac Certainly Has Plenty Of Goals In Him.

Manchester City have completed the signing of French International Striker and ex Toulouse man Pierre-Andre Gignac. The Striker will cost Man City £7 million, Roque Santa Cruz and Nedum Onouha. Although, the deal is costly for Man City their boss believes Gignac is a fantastic player and will fit in alongside Carlos Tevez and Emmanuel Adebayor. Gignac was a phenominal goalscorer for Toulouse last year and was rewarded with the chance to represent his national side. With the World Cup coming up in the Summer, Gignac wants to seal his place in the French squad by getting regular football at a top Club in Europe. With an injury to Adebayor and a suspension for Tevez, Gignac will be set to make his debut against Liverpool on Wednesday night.

Rumours have revealed Man City are trying to tempt his old team mate Moussa Sissoko on leaving France for England. However, Toulouse are reluctant to sell the young French man. It is also believed that Brazilian midfielder Michel Bastos is on Man City's radar with a reported offer have been placed for the Lyon man.

Moussa%20Sissoko2.jpg

City Eye Up Move For Moussa!

• 3 weeks later...

gc91banner.png

Old Boy Comes Back To Haunt Old Club!

1cff6ce45516c8aa40b82a030e8f08ca.image.100x100.jpgManchester City 2-1 Aston Villaaston%20villa.gif

Ireland 9

Heskey 60

Barry 89

Gareth-Barry-celebrates-s-001.jpg

Barry Celebrates His Late Winner!

After a disappointing defeat to Hull City on Wednesday, Manchester City bounced back and picked up a big three points against second placed Aston Villa. It was a big game for both sides as the battle for the fourth spot looks really interesting. It only took nine minutes until the familiar chimes of, "Ireland is Superman", were ringing through the ground. Ireland placed a beautiful cross from Dirk Kuyt into the corner of the net to put the Blues ahead. Villa almost equalised a few minutes later, but were denied by Shay Given as he tipped Agbonlahor's header onto the crossbar. The on-form Tevez nearly scored from 30 yard, but his shot was slightly too ambitious as it flew over the bar.

Villa started the better team in the second half and all their creativity was rewarded when Emile Hesky carefully slid the ball under Shay Given to equal out the game. Both teams pushed for the winner, but some smart defending made it difficult for the attackers to score. But with one minute to go, Barry picked up a fine pass from Riera only to hammer the ball emphatically past the flat-footed Freidel. The goal silenced the Villa fans, as they watched their ex-captain run right past them to celebrate right in front of the Kippax. The win leaves City 6th in the league and they face Everton in the English Shield Semi-Final on Monday night.

gc91banner.png

Wembley Here We Come!

1cff6ce45516c8aa40b82a030e8f08ca.image.100x100.jpgManchester City 2-0 EvertonEverton%20Football%20Club%20Logo.jpg

Riera 49

Kuyt 80

adebayorjoy1.jpg

The City Fans Were In Good Voice To Chear On The Boys!

Manchester City are on the verge of ending a 35 year nightmare of not winning a trophy. It comes after City beat Everton in the semi-finals of the English Shield, giving City a chance to win that long awaited piece of silverware. There was a fantastic atmosphere across the blue half of Manchester, as the fans urged on the players to put in the performance of their lives. City had home advantage and their fans made use of this by singing their hearts out all game.

The first half was frustrating for both sets of fans, as both sides looked extremely cautious and were playing a defensive style of play. Both Keepers had very little to do and the best chance fell to Carlos Tevez. His darting run bamboozled the Everton defence and he was clean through only for a great last ditch tackle from Eric Abidal to stop his goal scoring chance.

The second half got off to a lively start as both sets of fans encoureged their players on. It only took four minutes before the blue half of Manchester could celebrate a goal. A lovely cross from Bellamy fell to Albert Riera, who fired his shot into the bottom corner of the net. The stadium erupted as the Spaniard ran to his delighted manager. Tim Howard was then forced into making some smart saves, from a Kuyt volley and then a few minutes later he tipped over an Adebayor header. Everton tried to force themselves back into the match, but the momentum lay with City. However, on the 80th minute City wrapped it up when substitute Dirk Kuyt headed home Gareth Barry's cross. City fans could sense the smell of silverware, as Kuyt ran to the Kippax. Everton were frustrated and American defender Onyewu got sent off after a second bookable offence, when he caught Nigel De Jong late. Adebayor nearly made it three, but Lucas Neill managed to clear it off the line. It was a fantastic win for City and they are now rewarded with a trip to Wembley, where they will face West Brom.

• 3 weeks later...

gc91banner.png

Glory For City At Last!

1cff6ce45516c8aa40b82a030e8f08ca.image.100x100.jpgManchester City 4-0 West Bromt189754150_5833_3.jpg

Ireland 9

Riera 22

Barry 32

Kuyt 86

Barcelona+V+Manchester+City+Joan+Gamp+Trophy+r8cBDEhPaMMl.jpg

City Showed Real Character as they struck glory in the English Shield Final

Manchester City football finally got their hands on a trophy after beating West Brom 4-0 in the English Shield Final at Wembley. Many young City fans had never experienced the delights of seeing their side lift a trophy, after all City have been in the shadows of big rivals United for the last 35 years. However, things are about to change in Manchester and United fans can't deny that their City rivals are starting to make a bit of noise. Even the odd United fans are hoping that City can challenge United for titles in the future and make Manchester the footballing capital of the World.

Just over Eighty five thousand fans packed out Wembley to watch the first domestic final of the season. West Brom made a bright start with a long range effort from James Morrison tested Shay Given's reflexes early on. It was Manchester City who struck first though, when Stephen Ireland's miss hit of a shot somehow squirmed under Butt. It certainly won't go down as one of the greatest ever goals scored in a cup final! However, not long after the first goal, Albert Riera struck the net for the blues. Unlike Ireland's goal, this one had a bit of quality and brilliance to it. Riera skipped inside to curl home a 25 yard scorcher to put City two up after twenty two minutes. City were enjoying themselves and the on-form Riera supplied a delicate cross for Barry to head home and give City their third just after the half hour. Credit to Man City's Nigel De Jong who held the City midfield together and gave the Baggies no space to maneuver, as West Brom struggled to break through City's midfield.

As the second half begun, City came out to enjoy themselves and try and make it a memorable day. Riera came close to getting his second when his delicate chip came off the crossbar. West Brom came close to pulling one back when Camel Meriem was clean through only for his shot to hit the post. Russian defender Berezutsky came close for City but failed to connect to Adebayor's parried cross. City did finally get the fourth goal, when Dirk Kuyt lobbed Butt to round off a perfect day in the blue half of Manchester. A great roar was heard around Wembley as the referee blew the whistle, as City had finally ended a 35 year nightmare. And as City fans would say the, "Blue Moon is rising!"

City's Road To Success

Round 2 - Derby County v City - It all started on a cold night at Pride Park, Sylvinho struck early in the first half. It was anyones to play for just before the hour until City scored three goals in three minutes from Bellamy, Adebayor and Petrov. City won the match 4-0 after a super second half display.

Round 3 - Aston Villa v City - Manchester City went to Villa Park for a real tough test and young Michael Johnson put the blues ahead early on. Young equalised after twenty five minutes and made it a real open game for the next half an hour or so. However, two goals from Nigel De Jong finished Villa off on 63 and 85 minutes.

Round 4 - City v Arsenal - After Arsenal beat them in the league a week before the match, City were out for revenge. Lescott fired City an early lead after seven minutes. Zabaleta and Petrov added to City's goals in the first half. With Tevez getting sent off just before the break, City held on without conceding and managed to win 3-0.

Round 5 (Quarter Final) City v Spurs - Two sides desperate for silverware made this an exciting encounter. Dirk Kuyt put the blue ahead just after the half four and netted his second just before the interval. After the break Adebayor put City's third in and had looked to have sealed a win. Young Striker Balotelli pulled one back just after the hour and doubled his scoring account twenty minutes later. However, City held on for a 3-2 victory after a nervy ending.

Round 6 (Semi Finals) City v Everton - A valliant display from the blues sent them to Wembley. Two ex Liverpool players linked up well to help them win. The first came from Albert Riera just after the break. The second from Dirk Kuyt towards the end of the match gave the Blues the chance to visit Wembley.

Final - City v West Brom - City 4-0 West Brom, see report above!

• 3 weeks later...

Benfica In The Hunt For A New LB

There was speculation about a LB from Milan joining but the Milan manager recieved a better offer but Benfica still want a new LB the manager had this to say "We really need a LB under 27 and a rating of 88+ so that we can be more solid at the back".

ac_milan_c.gif

Milan Add Strength at the Back!

After worldwide transfer news heated up, Milan decided to lead the pack with a quick deal for Argentine fullback Christian Ansaldi. The defender leaves Rubin Kazin where he has progressed as a class defender wonderfully. Going to the Russian side in exchange for Ansaldi are Leighton Baines and Luca Antonnini. Manager Nolan had this to say:

"Cristian only adds to our defense, which is our strength. I'm really impressed with the depth of our fullbacks, with Rafinha and Oddo on the right and Adriano and Ansaldi on the left. Our defense is our rock, that is what we rely on to win games. I'm not taking away from our attack, I think Clarence and Ronnie lead the attack brilliantly, but its clear what our forte is. Although Cristian comes at a hefty price, it is definitely worth it."

Milan have struck some of the purest form ever, winning 9 of their last 11 in the league, and drawing one also. This run has vaulted them into a Champions league spot with 11 games left. Just six points behind second place Genoa and 10 points above 8th place Lazio, the race for Italian glory is tight.

Have agreed a couple of deals with Nino's Milan and although I like the deals we are doing, by the end of it I will short of players to play out wide.

Gignac's TB is up tomorrow and am keen to swap him for a RM/LM/Winger of a similar rating. So PM me if you have a midfielder rated 89/90 that can play in any of those positions that you'd be willing to swap for Gignac.

Have agreed a couple of deals with Nino's Milan and although I like the deals we are doing' date=' by the end of it I will short of players to play out wide.

Gignac's TB is up tomorrow and am keen to swap him for a RM/LM/Winger of a similar rating. So PM me if you have a midfielder rated 89/90 that can play in any of those positions that you'd be willing to swap for Gignac.[/quote']

Aimar? :)