Hulk and Di Maria!

Re: Hulk and Di Maria!

Finally! Finally a thread like that. I've been waiting the whole day for this thread. Short time ago there has been a discussion about Fletcher that he deserves a 91. And within this there has been explained how to suggest SM that a player would deserve a (higher) rise. But I personally love threads like this with an thread opener saying "mimimi. why didn't they rise? Everything unfair. Everytime me. Will leave this game. mimimi".

I love them because I can give a good advice: Feel free to do so and leave the game. Feel also free to create your own soccermanager. Feel free to let those people rise who you like.

Well. After talking about my attitude to a thread like this, I will have to say sth serious about the changes even if this thread seems not to be the right place to discuss serious.

I've noticed it especially at the German changes (as a German), I've noticed it at the English changes and I've noticed it today again. SM is getting to be more conservative regarding ratings. Misimovic stayed on his 90 though he became German champion with Wolfsburg and was the player with the most assists. As mentioned above almost the whole British SM community was terrified when Fletcher first didn't rise. And now Hulk didn't get his (almost certain) predicted 90. Sure, it's disappointing but making such threads don't help him to get his 90.

90-95 - A player who has proved his class on a regular basis in one of the major world leagues or for a top ranked national team or on the continental stage

I would imagine that they feel that Hulk or Di Maria didn't fulfil the criteria for this.

Rather they kept him in this category

85-90 - A player who has proved himself on a regular basis in one of the major world leagues or excelled in a 'lesser' league;

:)

89 is right for both of them.

Still young with alot to prove playing in a secondary league' date=' not regulars for their countries.

89 spot on.[/quote']

Actually when you look at it, 90 is probably right for both of them, especially Hulk. You don't need NT caps to get to 90. It may be a secondary league but Porto are a great team (in Hulks case) and Benfica are pretty good too. Porto are in last 16 or CL i believe. They have won the Portuguese league, and i remember reading on another thread that they won a whole bunch of other silverware.

They both DESERVE 90, but like Timesle said, SM have become very conservative with rating changes. There are many players who should rise or drop who don't. This is why i reckon Pedro of Barca, will only rise to like 85/86. If SM are being conservative then 6 months of playing for barca probably isn;t enough anymore for a rise that big.

All in all, most people are probably annoyed when rating changes don't go their way. Move on though mate. I have Di maria and Hulk, and so many other players who won;t get their deserved rise, but if we all made threads about every player, the forum would be a mess.

I don't get the chance to see any Portuguese football apart from when either Sporting, Benfica or Porto are playing in European competition so my opinion doesn't hold much weight. However my opinion is that Hulk may not have gained his 90 rating due to his goal return this season falling way below that of his strike partner Falcao who just gained his 90 rating. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Hulk's goal record is something like 5 in all competitions compared to Falcao who has 13 in all competitions. If you look at it like that and remember that both Hulk and Falcao did rise by one, then Hulks rating starts to look a little fairer.

hulk is lucky to rise.

he has scored twice this season.

he plays in a average league in comparison to the major european leagues.

aston villa = 6th in strongest / 2nd strongest leagues in the world.

got a great league position last season too so consistently strong team.

Agbonlahor = 89 rated. he has scored 8 goals for a strong team in the epl

hulk can be 89 also, but does not deserve a 90 as he is not better than Agbonlahor.

di maria hasn't scored in protguse league if my stats are right.

hulk + di maria cannot get 90's until they score more / play in a strong league. i know stats arent everything but they mean something when sm do ratings.

I personally think hulks rating dictates his experience and record. Where as Di Maria deserves a 90 due to the role he played in Argentina's qualification for the world cup. He performed pretty well for Argentina and looks like he will be going to the world cup as he is playing very well for Benfica judging by what i have seen in the europa league.

hulk is lucky to rise.

he has scored twice this season.

he plays in a average league in comparison to the major european leagues.

aston villa = 6th in strongest / 2nd strongest leagues in the world.

got a great league position last season too so consistently strong team.

Agbonlahor = 89 rated. he has scored 8 goals for a strong team in the epl

hulk can be 89 also' date=' but does not deserve a 90 as he is not better than Agbonlahor.

di maria hasn't scored in protguse league if my stats are right.

hulk + di maria cannot get 90's until they score more / play in a strong league. i know stats arent everything but they mean something when sm do ratings.[/quote']

Aston Villa were beat by Rapid Vienna...? :rolleyes:

Aston Villa were beat by Rapid Vienna...? :rolleyes:

and ?

manchester united beat by leeds.

chelsea wigan

every team loses at some point.

for fact.

please come up with a better reply than because anybody with any intelligence would realise aston villa are a big club in the first / 2nd strongest league in the world.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

and ?

manchester united beat by leeds.

chelsea wigan

every team loses at some point.

for fact.

please come up with a better reply than because anybody with any intelligence would realise aston villa are a big club in the first / 2nd strongest league in the world.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

are you trying to say that Villa is better than Porto?

are you trying to say that Villa is better than Porto?

no not at all ' date=' im merely stating that aston villa are a big club, as are porto.

porto have an excellent champions league history = no way would i say they are a small club.

therefore , gabby has scored much more than hulk and is an 89 , so why do people want hulk to get a 90 ?

im comparing them as they are [i']similar clubs[/i] / both very good and big clubs.

if you compare their strikers youd see gabby playing a lot more / scoring more then hulk , so would be silly for hulk to be a 90 and gabby only an 89.

make sense ?

if not ill have to explain it better lol :P

Hulk is not a forward' date=' he is more like a winger(same position of Messi in Barça) so his main purpose isn't score ;)

i think Porto are slight better than Villa and Hulk than Agbonlahor ;x the time will prove the 2nd aspect because i think both agree in first :)[/quote']

oh ok i just thought hulk as a forward , but still the point stands:

he isn't as good as valencia of man united, lennon for spurs,

they are both 90 wingers and they are quite far ahead of him: so i think 89 was a fair rise for him :)

oh ok i just thought hulk as a forward ' date=' but still the point stands:

he isn't as good as valencia of man united, lennon for spurs,

they are both 90 wingers and they are quite far ahead of him: so i think 89 was a fair rise for him :)[/quote']

From reading your comments on this thread you weren't even entirely sure on Hulk's playing position, so i'd like to ask exactly how often you've seen him play to state that he's not as good as Valencia or Lennon?

Firstly you tell us he is no better than Agbonlahor because he doesn't score enough then when Gizb tells you he plays wide, you tell us he's not as good as some wingers.

How many times have you seen him play?

From reading your comments on this thread you weren't even entirely sure on Hulk's playing position' date=' so i'd like to ask exactly how often you've seen him play to state that he's not as good as Valencia or Lennon?

Firstly you tell us he is no better than Agbonlahor because he doesn't score enough then when Gizb tells you he plays wide, you tell us he's not as good as some wingers.

How many times have you seen him play?[/quote']

yeah that is weird

From reading your comments on this thread you weren't even entirely sure on Hulk's playing position' date=' so i'd like to ask exactly how often you've seen him play to state that he's not as good as Valencia or Lennon?

How many times have you seen him play?[/quote']

not that often only a few times.

my point is he is not a 90 rated player, seeing as SM class him as a forward , i compared him to another forward.

you said winger ( and rightly so as you watch him more) but he is still in my opinion not a 90 rated player.