Australian Open 2010

Kroitzz

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian Open 2010

watching nadal and kohlshreiber match and the german is playing really well without reward i think. has a very good backhand' date=' probably the best one handed backhand around.

also saw cjlisters get demolished by petrova beforehand :eek: 6-0 6-1[/quote']

haha i watched that, u kno what i also watched, cilic beat Tomic :D, nd wat annoyed me was that when Tomic won a point the crowed went spastic, and when Cilic won a point the fans hardly clapped :mad::mad:

haha i watched that' date=' u kno what i also watched, cilic beat Tomic :D, nd wat annoyed me was that when Tomic won a point the crowed went spastic, and when Cilic won a point the fans hardly clapped :mad::mad:[/quote']

coz tomic is an aussie :rolleyes::P

also we havent a good mens player to rally around for a while. hewitt is decent but wont reach the top 10 again i wouldnt think.

cilic is good young player no doubting that but and i was surprised how close the match was tbh.

tomic changes his pace very well but aye

coz tomic is an aussie :rolleyes::P

also we havent a good mens player to rally around for a while. hewitt is decent but wont reach the top 10 again i wouldnt think.

cilic is good young player no doubting that but and i was surprised how close the match was tbh.

tomic changes his pace very well but aye

tomic is a gun, ohh do u know Wat background he is :P:P yer thats right, croatiannnnnnnn.

I was getting so annoyed at tomic, he was playing so defensive with his little taps, while cilic was smashing the ball, and then when tomic found opportunity he took out the point, but he will be a gun later

tomic is a gun' date=' ohh do u know Wat background he is :P:P yer thats right, croatiannnnnnnn.

I was getting so annoyed at tomic, he was playing so defensive with his little taps, while cilic was smashing the ball, and then when tomic found opportunity he took out the point, but he will be a gun later[/quote']

i know but he doesnt want 2 claim it :P

those defensive taps are unique but and make many players make unforced errors so in a way its attacking lol

he hopefully will :D

heyy i will be back later' date=' gonna watch tennis, and i should be back later, if not, its cause i gone to bed, got training at 9 30 tomorrow, with reserves aswell, only 15 :rolleyes: what my dad makes me do[/quote']

haha training for what?

i play tennis and have done for almost 10 yrs lol

i love it :D

Murray really impressed me this morning, continued his more aggressive play and really took the game to Nadal. Never allowed him to settle either, kept mixing up the pattern with slices, drops and even some surprisingly effective serve volleying. It's a shame Nadal had to retire but he certainly wasn't pulling a Djokovic, you could see he was struggling to chase balls down early in the third and he simply can't afford to take risks with that knee.

Now he's got to avoid the pitfall of getting this far and losing to a 'lesser' player. Cillic has already upset him in a slam before so he really has no excuses.

Just a note on Henin as well, I really am chuffed she decided to come back. Even though she wasn't at her best against Petrova yesterday she was still an absolute joy to watch at times, the angles she generates are breathtaking on occasion and her court management is fantastic. Without a doubt my favourite female player to watch since Hingis.

Murray really impressed me this morning' date=' continued his more aggressive play and really took the game to Nadal. Never allowed him to settle either, kept mixing up the pattern with slices, drops and even some surprisingly effective serve volleying. It's a shame Nadal had to retire but he certainly wasn't pulling a Djokovic, you could see he was struggling to chase balls down early in the third and he simply can't afford to take risks with that knee.

Now he's got to avoid the pitfall of getting this far and losing to a 'lesser' player. Cillic has already upset him in a slam before so he really has no excuses.

Just a note on Henin as well, I really am chuffed she decided to come back. Even though she wasn't at her best against Petrova yesterday she was still an absolute joy to watch at times, the angles she generates are breathtaking on occasion and her court management is fantastic. Without a doubt my favourite female player to watch since Hingis.[/quote']

Murray: Really impressed that first set. Had no idea he was that quick.

Roddick: Guy isn't a tennis player. Anyone can smash the ball. As soon as Cilic put any sort of finesse on the ball Roddick was cooked. Love seeing that whiner lose.

Zheng: Anybody else watch this match. She is a little power pack.

Federer/Djokovic: I hope we see this match-up in the semis. Love the fact that nice-guy Federer actually HATES this guy with every fiber of his being

I hope Federer does this again to him

Roddick: Guy isn't a tennis player. Anyone can smash the ball. As soon as Cilic put any sort of finesse on the ball Roddick was cooked. Love seeing that whiner lose.

Federer/Djokovic: I hope we see this match-up in the semis. Love the fact that nice-guy Federer actually HATES this guy with every fiber of his being

I hope Federer does this again to him

It definitely looks like Murray's done some work on being faster around the court over December and January. It's become quite interesting to watch him early in the season to see what he's worked on over the break, last year he came back a lot stronger and fitter after obviously doing a lot of cardio and gym work, this year he looks like he's a step quicker and happier to attack the net and volley.

I never know where to stand on Roddick, on the one hand I don't particularly like the way he plays and the fact he basically lives and dies by his serve. On the other you kind of have to admire a guy with fairly limited talent having the drive to achieve what he has.

I only managed to catch the first set but from what I saw she just demolished Kirilenko. I honestly thought it would be closer given that Kirilenko has obviously done some upper bodywork herself coming into this year and looks a lot stronger for it, but Zheng was just on a different level.

Yeah I'm rooting for a Federer v Djokovic semi as well, it's not often Federer comes up against a player who so obviously gets under his skin. Murray seems to, but in a very different way, I suspect. I have a sneaky feeling Tsonga might edge past him though.

Edit: Great clips, the second particularly.

Murray was fantastic and he beat Rafa, I don't care if he got a niggle in a worrying spot for him. Rafa was beat because his game wasn't being affected really.

Roddick: I like the bloke. Don't like his rants but. Wjen he is in a controlled manner he can be extremly funny.

I was going for Kirilenko and was extremly dissapointed when she lost...lol

I think Tsonga is going to worry Federer more than Djokovic because of his power and athletic ability. Tsonga has to keep his level up for a whole match but and I haven't seen him do that.

brilliant play from murray. i thnk nadal faked it cos he was 3 games from losing in straight sets and didnt want to be embarrassed

exatcly right, now hopefully if cilic beats murry, which is unlikely, but he did it last year in the US open, it will be the best grandslam for him, and he will probly break into the top 10

and i also wanted kirelenko to win, she is hoooott