whos overrated?

ronny77

Re: whos overrated?

gerrard and kaka

You do know every player has a dip in form.

Look at Drogba last season, was terrible. Now hes the best striker in the world...

Ronaldinho, was terrible, but now hes playing great.

Kakas just joined a new league, new language, give him time to settle

You do know every player has a dip in form.

Look at Drogba last season' date=' was terrible. Now hes the best striker in the world...

Ronaldinho, was terrible, but now hes playing great.

Kakas just joined a new league, new language, give him time to settle[/quote']

agree with what you say, but to be rated 97 a player has to be able to play anywhere, just look at ronaldo. kaka has not been convincing for the past two seasons. ac milan are playing better without him now and real operate better with van der vaart than kaka. kaka and gerrard are amazing players, just think they should be rated 96, not 97.

dont no but darren fletcher' date=' edin dzeko, rodriguez pedro and luis fabiano are all underrated on sm :([/quote']

fletcher and dzeko are where they should be currently. wolfsburg has been miserable this season and dzeko is a 91 striker for them, nothing more currently. if he moves this summer and performs, he will get the rise he deserves. pedro and fabiano will get their rises within a few weeks after the spanish ratings are finished ;)

no ive watched him for 4 seasons. 2006/07' date=' 2007/08, 08/09 and this season.[/quote']

If you've watched him for all that time then why is he overrated? Yes he and Liverpool are having a dip this season but in 07/08 he got 21 goals in 52 games and last season 24 in 44 games. 45 goals in 96 games. From midfield.

for me its steven gerrard. but im a man united fan. the reason why is because he plays bad some games' date='and in 2 out of 10 matches plays kinda well. he isnt that consistent either.[/quote']

As a united fan, i still have to disagree.

Gerrard is a good player only in the wrong team.

But he isn't overrated. Kinda being the 2nd best player behind Torres.

He is having a rough season. It's not his fault that the team is underachieving. He needs a good partnership with the DM, eg, Lucas and Aquilani. so yeah

As a united fan' date=' i still have to disagree.

Gerrard is a good player only in the wrong team.

But he isn't overrated. Kinda being the 2nd best player behind Torres.

He is having a rough season. It's not his fault that the team is underachieving. He needs a good partnership with the DM, eg, Lucas and Aquilani. so yeah[/quote']

agree with you, last season he formed a good understanding with xabi alonso and hence he shined. however, fact is he does not derserve his 97.

And won ZERO trophies is the process.

Nice try.

Does that make him a bad player then?

In that time he was named in the Premier league team of the year EVERY year, and last season was voted the Football writers player of the year and the fans player of the year as well.

So clearly not as over rated as you think.

in my opinion its not only his fault' date=' the whole L'pool squad is playing really bad, its always more difficult to play if your teammates didn't play well[/quote']

his teammates arent playing that badly (as seen in games without him such as lyon away, man u and spurs at home) - gerrard has been well below his usual standards this year and its been quite clear for me when he's played several of the other players (esp the younger ones like insua and lucas) dont play anywhere near as well

Most overrated players on the game are

Simao (93) ... How he has a higher rating than both Jesus Navas & Cazorla is a complete joke :S ... Can someone try and explain why he kept his 93?

Terry (95) ... John Terry is known for his hard hitting style, and last ditch tackles. Does it never occur to people, that the reason he has to make these last ditch tackles, is because he is out of position in the first place? So overrated, If it wasnt for Ledley Kings injuries, Terry wouldnt be a starter for England, let alone captain.

Pirlo (95) ... I cannot understand how this man is still a 95. On the ball, and from set pieces he is still fantastic. However he has been playing in an ageing Milan team, who have struggled. Although he is the main main in the middle of the park, he just doesnt deserve to be on a par with Fabregas or Lampard (both 95).

Robinho (94) ... Even at the hiehgt of his performances for Real Madrid, i wouldnt of had him at 94. Since then, hes gone to City and hardly set the world alight with his performances. Good performances at home, nothing more than good. But anonymous away from home, he simply does not warrant a 94 rating.

Anything from 94+ to me, is a world class player who can get into any team. Robinho does not fit that bill. I mean, Craig Bellamy is keeping him out of the City set-up, and has forced him to be loaned out back to his homeland.

Thoughts?