Juan Manuel Iturbe

iturbe__sub_17.jpg

Nationality: flags_of_Argentina.gif Argentine

Date of birth: 4 June, 1993

Club: FC Porto

Position: AM/F

Rating: 83 (recently got a +3)

Potential meter:9.5/10

Juan Iturbe is a young winger playing for FC Porto. This comes after he had been widely linked tot Real Madrid, Tottenham Hotspur and Roma are keen to sign the youngster.

He was original thought to want to represent Paraguay but instead opted to play for Argentina. He played in the Under 20's Sudamerica in Peru in 2011.

He has been compared to Messi and many think he can be just as good as the Barcelona star.

He moved to Argentine side Quilmes from Cerro Porteño, who he played eleven games for. He moved in August 2010 as his contract was up. At this stage it was widely reported that Genoa and Real Madrid were the front runners for his signature. He has also been compared to Lionel Messi- big praise for such a young player. He recently got a +3 on the database to be rated 83. Still a huge bargain if you buy him now.

In 2011 he has been linked to Manchester United and most recently, in September, it was reported that Barcelona was monitoring his progress

9ity6dq5gzQ

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Juan Manuel Iturbe- the next Cristiano Ronaldo?

Still no indication of who he will sign for. Would actually prefer him to wait till hes in his late teens to move. Hes still young and if he fails to adapt to life in England or Spain it could ruin a career of a very promising player. I would like to see him as a regular at Cerro Porteño before he moves but then again playing for Real Madrid or Tottenham youth team would be a pretty big mental boost.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

on db at 75

wow thats great news and a definate buy for everyone. only surprise is he was added as a striker. most of read ive read says hes a winger

UPDATE: Played 5 times for his club and 3 for the Paraguyan Under 20's side scoring once.

He also received heavy interest from West Ham at the end of the last transfer window but no deal was reached. Manchester United have also been rumoured to be tracking him

• 5 months later...

Whilst Wikipedia is not the best source to quote I have noticed he moved to Quilmes

Being 17 years of age, Iturbe was not under professional contract with Cerro Porteño.[1] Therefore, he signed for Quilmes on a free transfer in August 2010

Probably a good move for him for now. Play a year or two in Argentina before moving abroad.... Real Madrid still want him as posted above

Whilst Wikipedia is not the best source to quote I have noticed he moved to Quilmes

Probably a good move for him for now. Play a year or two in Argentina before moving abroad.... Real Madrid still want him as posted above

However strong rumours say that genoa are very close to signing him but then again real madrid might snap him up from under there noses.

However strong rumours say that genoa are very close to signing him but then again real madrid might snap him up from under there noses.

Yer It's neck and neck at the moment between the two of them

Triball football article

Genoa President Enrico Preziosi has hinted they're chasing 17-year-old Juan Manuel Iturbe.

The Cerro Porteno starlet has been likened to Barcelona star Lionel Messi.

“I am also convinced that we'll sign an extraordinary talent' date=' who in my view will do incredible things. But I won't reveal his name…” said Preziosi on Saturday.

Those close to Preziosi say he is referring to Iturbe.[/quote']

Yes, he is supposed to sign for Genoa, as Prezioni (Genoa owner and president) has said that a certain 'Mr X' will sign for Genoa and that they are working hard to get his signature on the paper. The media believes it is Iturbe, and I, for one, believes that's the case aswell. But the stupid rule made by FIGC after this past World Cup (the Italian FA) is saying that you can only sign one non-EU player per season, and with Genoa already been using it, Iturbe will probably be sent out on loan to Quilmes for some seasons. All this is assumed if he'll sign for Genoa in the end...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update

Currently the youngster is barred from playing for any club apart from Cerro after FIFA passed an injunction against Quilmes' efforts to sign him. He will be eligible to sign a professional contract for any team when he reaches 18 in 2011, with Cerro Porteno eligible for an as yet undisclosed level of compensation. Roma and Napoli have also been linked with the prodigy, as have Manchester United and West Ham.

http://foreign.peacefmonline.com/sports/201010/95214.php

• 2 months later...

Report: Manchester United And Real Madrid Battle For Signature Of Wonderkid Juan Manuel Iturbe

Manchester United are reportedly hoping to snap up 17-year-old starlet Juan Manuel Iturbe, but face a fight from Real Madrid for his signature.

The youngster, who currently plays for Argentine Primera Division side Quilmes, is highly thought of in his own country and has alerted scouts both in England and on the continent, according to talkSPORT.

Iturbe joined Quilmes from Paraguayan outfit Cerro Porteno in August and has impressed since returning to his home country.

The Red Devils and the Spanish giants both have extensive scouting networks in South America and are reaping the benefits, with Iturbe seen as a potential superstar for the future.

It is now thought that both United and Madrid will look to tempt the prospect away from Argentina but a deal is more likely to place over the summer, with Quilmes unlikely to want to sell the attacking midfielder this January.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/85/england/2011/01/18/2311442/report-manchester-united-and-real-madrid-battle-for-signature-of-

another transfer and he is linked to big clubs AGAIN

Porto sign "New Messi"

Argentine whiz kid Juan Manuel Iturbe has signed a five-year deal with Porto, as his father has revealed earlier today.

Porto is set to pay Cerro Porteno €1 million for the player’s rights, with the player set to spend next six months on loan at Dragao Stadium before signing a permanent transfer.

The player’s father, Juan Del Carmen revealed the news in his interview for A Bola.

“I spoke with Iturbe by phone since he is in Peru, with Argentina Under-20 squad, and he was very happy and excited to have become Porto player.

”We have spent four beautiful days in Porto. My wife and I were treated very well and we wish to thank the club leaders for that. We love the club and the city.”

The 17-year-old Iturbe is considered one of the hottest prospects in Argentina, with his impressive displays earning him the tag of ‘New Messi’.

sauce:

http://soccer-magazine.com/soccer-gossip/transfer-gossip/porto-sign-new-messi-atletico-reject-e45-million-for-aguero/

• 2 weeks later...

A goal article on him

Goal.com Scouting Report: 'Guarani Lionel Messi' Juan Iturbe Scores Maradona-esque Wonder Goal Against Chile

Daniel Edwards watches new Argentina sensation Juan Iturbe score a wonder goal against Chile in the Under-20s and waits with baited breath for the weekend clash with Neymar's Brazil...By Daniel Edwards

Name: Juan Iturbe

Nation: Argentina

Position: Attacking Midfield/ Second Striker

Club: Quilmes/ Cerro Porteño (Disputed)

Coming in to this year's South American Under-20 Championships, Juan Iturbe was one of the best known players to arrive in Peru; and without a doubt the most controversial. The youngster was born in Buenos Aires but almost immediately moved back to Paraguay with his parents, and grew up both in the country of his parents' birth and in the youth system of Asuncion club Cerro Porteno.

Things got complicated however in the first few months of 2010, when after a handful of games for the Decano and for the Paraguayan youth divisions, the Iturbe family became angered by what they perceived as the exploitation of the 16-year-old wonderkid and the pittance he was being paid on an amateur contract while appearing for the first team.

The kid dubbed the 'Guarani Lionel Messi' walked out on both club and country; and Argentine officials were waiting with glee to welcome the dual-national into the Albiceleste fold. Part of the group who travelled to the World Cup with Messi, Tevez and co. to help with preparations, Iturbe appears set to continue his career with Argentina. The teenager has been used sparingly but with great effect in this year's Under-20s, but really announced himself as a force in yesterday's superb cameo against Chile, including this strike which immediately brought comparisons with Messi's predecessor as saviour at number 10, one Diego Maradona.

In a goal eerily reminiscent of 'El Pelusa's magical strike against England, Iturbe picked up the ball on the halfway line and blasted past the Chilean defence, showing an electric burst of pace before slotting the ball into the net. The goal put Argentina 2-1 up after a shaky start and there was more to come from the polemic youngster. He subsequently combined exquisitely with fellow hot prospect Facundo Ferreyra to set up the third goal, killing off the game and keeping Argentina's championship hopes very much alive.

After a stunning performance off the bench it will be very hard to leave Iturbe out against the mighty Brazil this Sunday, and the thought of the teenager lining up against fellow prodigies Neymar and Lucas is a prospect that any real football fan should find irrestible. The club future of the Guarani-Argentine will become clearer when he turns 18, but for now Argentine fans should count their blessings that the star of the future could be wearing the famous blue and white stripes for many years to come.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1784/south-american-u-20/2011/02/04/2337695/goalcom-scouting-report-guarani-lionel-messi-juan-iturbe

and a stunning goal

XROGoKAzAjE

Iturbe outshines Neymar

Sounds like Iturbe played another blinder, outshining Neymar according to this report.

http://www.mundoalbiceleste.com/Article.aspx?id=2267&rss=1&title=argentina-virtually-qualify-for-youth-world-cup-with-win-over-brazil

If Neymar was meant to be the next best thing in world football, where does that leave Iturbe?

Re: Iturbe outshines Neymar

Sounds like Iturbe played another blinder' date=' outshining Neymar according to this report.

[url']http://www.mundoalbiceleste.com/Article.aspx?id=2267&rss=1&title=argentina-virtually-qualify-for-youth-world-cup-with-win-over-brazil[/url]

If Neymar was meant to be the next best thing in world football, where does that leave Iturbe?

Steady on, Iturbe's a lot more raw than Neymar. Iturbe has next to no professional experience under his belt; once he has, we can make more confidant assertions as to whether he's a future superstar. But he has bags of talent, that's for sure - his goals in the last two games have been superb.

Re: Juan Manuel Iturbe- another Messi?

Tim Vickery the South American expert who reports for the BBC and Talksport has been bigging Juan Manuel up this week he believes a move to Porto would be a great move and at the right time for him.

He also said that the ball doesn't stick to his feet as good as with Messi at the same age.

That goal the other night was the first I'd seen of him and being a Man City fan it reminded me of watching Kinkladze.

his goals in the last two games have been superb.

any info on this?

i like players to be getting some game time before i buy prospects.

soccerway has no info on him at all.

can you show me your info sources or just tell me ?

not questioning if your right or not, just like to find a better source thats all :)

any info on this?

i like players to be getting some game time before i buy prospects.

soccerway has no info on him at all.

can you show me your info sources or just tell me ?

not questioning if your right or not' date=' just like to find a better source thats all :)[/quote']

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZeibzOG33E&feature=player_embedded

First one is against Brazil, the second is against Chile I think..

Archived