Site Maintenance

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gameworld not working My avatar scares you yet you have a living dead skeleton waving a British flag as a sig.

Re: Gameworld not working

Re: Site Maintenance I found it amusing that SM posted up a lengthy but honest sounding message in the Game Feed last week accepting the site's reliability problems. It only seemed to last a few hour

This is so poor..

I have some results in now and results from setups i could not do my tatic and still have a 2nd team out from cup games a few days ago.

Site went down 6 hours ago and the site should have been closed until fixed like it was in the old day when SM 1st started and all game world should have been run @ a later date to allow managers the chance to sort there team out..

Thing is though' date=' they would've moaned even then. Allow me to demonstrate.

[b']Australian Whinger:[/b] Why did you close the site down? I can't do my tactics and stare and some Swiss 16 year-old's profile for an ungodly amount of hours!

Scottish Whinger: I agree. Why didn't you just do the updates and keep the site running?

Lee who should be SM's PR guy: Because the last we did it this thread happened.

Old Whinger: Ahhh, they don't do 'em like they used to...

Put simply, no matter how you do these updates, people are still gonna whinge. :)

Im sure many ppl woud rather the site closed for a few hours then games run as norm than a half working site running games that cant be managed

i started on SM maybe 3yrs ago and every game night the site would shut from 8pm till maybe 10.30pm or untill all games are played.

that had to be the right thing to do if managers cant get accses to the clubs

This started just be 6pm so SM had 2 hours b4 games started to close the site.

SM - how long take to fix ?

im not having a moan by any means, but could an SM dev or anybody else possibly give an approximate timespan to how long the maintenance will carry on for / small problems like game worlds temporarily closed for ?

im not complaining at all , im just wondering roughly how long this will go on for ?

thanks for any help :)

Re: SM - how long take to fix ?

im not having a moan by any means' date=' but could an SM dev or anybody else possibly give an approximate timespan to how long the maintenance will carry on for / small problems like game worlds temporarily closed for ?

im not complaining at all , im just wondering roughly how long this will go on for ?

thanks for any help :)[/quote']

12 days more.....

only for a short period of time.....all i do is click on my home and keep refreshing till the sign goes....5mins max

i mean the site maintence , not game worlds being unavailable.

sorry

but i mean how long will SM be trying to imrpove the servers or whatever they are doing for ?

sorry for any confusion

I appreciate that the updates SM are trying to introduce will improve the game, but in doing so it's currently almost ruining it.

I'm in gameweek 3630, and the resu;lts usually come in just past 8:30, but they're becoming increasingly later now every time. It's past 10 30 and the results still are not in tonight - I always believed ALL results were in by 10?

The main thing thats annoying me is the ammount of time transfers are taking.

I'm doing a division 4 challenge with a Brentford, I am in div 4 (secured promotion, 3 games left) and I have the squad of a good championship/poor premier league side so you can immagine my finances arent great.

I need to revamp my squad for next season but offers arent coming in fast enough, and when I accept, it can take another turn for it to complete and I'm losing money all the time. Its very akward tbh.

Normally I'd sell a player and buy a replacement in 1 turn, so the money I lost every game wasnt an issue.