The transfer market need a revamp

No doubt this subject has been mentioned before. I,ve searched for a thread but cannt find one.

Anyway here is my thoughts on the subject. I,m relating to the GC in this thread.

At the moment it is nigh on impossible to buy a decent player without you having to give away one or even two of your decent players! Kinda defeats the object in my opinion! It used to be 90+ or the odd good 89 would be put up for part ex only, which was okay. But now managers are expecting 85/86 rated players to be part ex only! I have even seen an 82 up for part ex only in one wold! The value of cash on the game has gone compleatly. I know the powers that be at SM have changed a few things, most have,nt worked, in fact i think the transfer market is worse now than it was 12 months ago! The player concerns seem like a good idea but are as yet to take effect and even then managers will find ways around the system. It will take a lot more than the player concerns change to bring back a more realistic transfer system.

Here are a few of my ideas to improve the transfer market which should benifit the all the clubs big or small.

1) Only 90+ rated players can be used in part exchange deals.

2) All squads should have a wage budget. Brings a new element into the managment of a team. A bigger challange.

3) The players concern system needs to be bought forward faster than it is at the moment.

4) Chairmen should provide a transfer budget at the start of the season. Any other money made i.e gate money or prize winnings go straight back into the running of a club. Money raised through the sale of players stays in the transfer kitty.

Just a few ideas and open to debate. I just think as it is at the moment the transfer market is getting worse and spoiling the game for many.

Re: The transfer market need a revamp

I disagree. I ALL game worlds there are tons of good players available.

Maybe not at 87+ skill but at 84-86 there are many. There are also lots of risers who will get 85 or more with the next ratings change.

The problem is not that there aren't any available players. The problem is that most people just depend on well-known players from big leagues or threads on this forum and have no clue how to scout players themselves.

Learn to scout players on your own. Its actually fairly easy.

I always try and bring in a good youth system at every club i manage. The problem comes to the fore when you need a player to plug a gap until the younger players are ready to sustain first team action. Everybody i persum plays the game to win matches, therefore you try and play your best sides. i would,nt want a team full of superstars, that would spoil the game for me, but the odd decent player would be nice. The point i was trying to make was that the Part ex system is over riding the value of cash! and its getting worse. Any improvements to the game is a benifit to all who play the game and a more realistic transfer system would not be that hard to implement.

No doubt this subject has been mentioned before. I' date='ve searched for a thread but cannt find one.

[b']3) The players concern system needs to be bought forward faster than it is at the moment.[/b]

Just a few ideas and open to debate. I just think as it is at the moment the transfer market is getting worse and spoiling the game for many.

strongly agree with this point

Guest SM Dev (Ste)

Here are a few of my ideas to improve the transfer market which should benifit the all the clubs big or small.

1) Only 90+ rated players can be used in part exchange deals.

2) All squads should have a wage budget. Brings a new element into the managment of a team. A bigger challange.

3) The players concern system needs to be bought forward faster than it is at the moment.

4) Chairmen should provide a transfer budget at the start of the season. Any other money made i.e gate money or prize winnings go straight back into the running of a club. Money raised through the sale of players stays in the transfer kitty.

Perhaps the above idea is something which we could introduce within Custom Game Worlds?

That would be a good starting point to gauge the popularity of the ideas.

Perhaps the above idea is something which we could introduce within Custom Game Worlds?

That would be a good starting point to gauge the popularity of the ideas.

For GC's i think there should be a rating block on who you can display as for part exchange because it's absolutely ridiculous seeing an 84 up for player exchange.

I suspect it's the ability to swap two players for one which is ruining the transfer market. It also makes it less realistic.

How about limiting each transfer deal to ONE part exchange player instead of two? This would get managers including cash more often in part exchange deals. As a result, cash will start flowing between clubs in the GC's. More managers would be willing to sell for cash if they knew they could use the cash received to make offers on other players.

Originally Posted by thenaughtyforty View Post

No doubt this subject has been mentioned before. I,ve searched for a thread but cannt find one.

strongly agree with this point

im not having a go at you, but just going to point out how on the player concerns thread everybody is moaning.

player AI is too strict :( making all my players want to leave :mad:

whereas you are saying it needs to be more strict.

i dont know who is right or wrong, im just saying i dont think your idea is popular / will be brought in by SM cos of the number of people already complaining about concerns !

" 2) All squads should have a wage budget. Brings a new element into the managment of a team. A bigger challange. "

I cannot see anybody taking on the lower league teams with an enforced wage budget. The only way you can ensure success with a small club is through shrewd buying and selling in the transfer market. The profits made enable you to bring in better quality players. Their wages are paid using these profits too.

It's an important part of the gameplay,and sorts out the better players from the rest.

If your small club has an enforced wage budget,then you will never compile a team that will challenge the larger clubs.