Sign in to follow this  
Ashh

When Sir Alex Leaves who will be Manager ?

With Fergie Getting older and his retirement looking ever nearer who do you think will get the United job ?

I Have about 3 managers who i think could take over and do a good job:

Jose Mourinhio - Even though he has managed chelsea i think he would be a great manager at United. He likes to play well balanced teams and has been very succsesful were ever he has been. The only problems with with mourinhio is that he hasnt really been settled at one club so he could just walk away after 4-5 years and that he has always had money to spend which may be a problem with the current financal situation.

Martin O'niel - What he has done at Villa has been very good. He has built a good young mainly english side that is challanging for a CL place. He has been very impessive and i would love to have him as our manager. The only things that may prevent this is the board may want a More expierenced (for example - Mourinhio) and that he may not want to leave Villa.

Pep Guardiola - The barcelona man is fairly inexpierneced but that diddnt stop Barcelona from making him manager so why should it stop us. He (at a very young age) is a great coach with lots of attacking influences while keeping the defence safe to. He has also showed that he is willing to give youth a chance and these can are all atributes for a great coach. He is already a CL winner and many newspapers and websites have spotted him as one of the great coaches of the future. The only reason why he would join us is the lack of money we have and the fact that he loves life at barcelona.

The Managers above are my 3 hopes for the job when Sir Alex finally decides to walk away but in our current situation i cannot predict who we will end up with.

Share your opinions on who you think should become the next United boss :)

Thanks for reading Ashh

Re: When Sir Alex Leaves who will be Manager ?

With Fergie Getting older and his retirement looking ever nearer who do you think will get the United job ?

I Have about 3 managers who i think could take over and do a good job:

Jose Mourinhio - Even though he has managed chelsea i think he would be a great manager at United. He likes to play well balanced teams and has been very succsesful were ever he has been. The only problems with with mourinhio is that he hasnt really been settled at one club so he could just walk away after 4-5 years and that he has always had money to spend which may be a problem with the current financal situation.

Martin O'niel - What he has done at Villa has been very good. He has built a good young mainly english side that is challanging for a CL place. He has been very impessive and i would love to have him as our manager. The only things that may prevent this is the board may want a More expierenced (for example - Mourinhio) and that he may not want to leave Villa.

Pep Guardiola - The barcelona man is fairly inexpierneced but that diddnt stop Barcelona from making him manager so why should it stop us. He (at a very young age) is a great coach with lots of attacking influences while keeping the defence safe to. He has also showed that he is willing to give youth a chance and these can are all atributes for a great coach. He is already a CL winner and many newspapers and websites have spotted him as one of the great coaches of the future. The only reason why he would join us is the lack of money we have and the fact that he loves life at barcelona.

The Managers above are my 3 hopes for the job when Sir Alex finally decides to walk away but in our current situation i cannot predict who we will end up with.

Share your opinions on who you think should become the next United boss :)

Thanks for reading Ashh

I think Pep could take over but I doubt Jose and O'Neil will leave Inter and Villa. I was thinking Darren Ferguson :)

mark hughes:p:p:p

I doubt we will go for him as he is A city reject now ;)

If I had to guess who'd get it' date=' I'd go for Laurent Blanc tbh.[/quote']

One of 2 others i was considering :) he has done great i france

I think Pep could take over but I doubt Jose and O'Neil will leave Inter and Villa. I was thinking Darren Ferguson :)

I doubt it, He isnt really ready and stll wont be for a goo 5-8 years

Out of interest how much longer has he got?' date=' i mean has he put a date on when he packs up?[/color']

I heard after he got 18 titles he would leave. I think he either meant himself or United, United already have 18 championships.

Unless SAF really pushes his case in a big way when he steps down I can't see United going after Mourinho, he just doesn't fit the United mould. His style of football doesn't match up well with the clubs tradition of fast, attacking, exciting football and he's never been as willing to blood the kids as he'd probably be expected to in Manchester. Not to mention when he pitches up somewhere he likes to have his £50m + to stamp his own brand on the squad.

I'd be inclined to plump for Blanc or Moyes as his most likely successor. Guardiola's definately possible, it depends largely on his leaving Barcelona coinciding with Fergie packing it in.

I heard after he got 18 titles he would leave. I think he either meant himself or United' date=' United already have 18 championships.[/quote']

No he said he would quit once he had won 5 European championships.

No he said he would quit once he had won 5 European championships.

Unless he's planning on carrying on literally until he drops dead I can't see that happening :o

Beating Liverpools haul of 18 league titles has always been big motivation for him. If he wins one more EPL title and one more CL I can see him stopping.

As for his replacement. Moyes or O'Neill would be obvious candidates, assuming they don't go foreign which I personally doubt they will....

I'd be shocked to see Moyes get the job, though he does deserve that kind of move.

Laurent Blanc would be my guess if he keeps up his current success. Pep Guardiola signing such a short contract extension might be an Omen though...

Some reports suggest ALEX MCLEASH will be in line ...

Here Are the top 10 candidates:

Jose Mourinho

Martin O'Neill

David Moyes

Laurent Blanc

Pepe Guardiola

Steve Bruce

Carlos Quierez

Fabio Capello

Mark Hughes

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Some reports suggest ALEX MCLEASH will be in line ...

Here Are the top 10 candidates:

Jose Mourinho

Martin O'Neill

David Moyes

Laurent Blanc

Pepe Guardiola

Steve Bruce

Carlos Quieroz

Fabio Capello

Mark Hughes

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

:confused:

David Moyes would be my pick. Not sure why some are ruling him out as undeserving? Hes worked wonders at Everton recently and is always not too far away from the top 4 at the end of the season. Of course, O'Neill has done a similarly great job at Villa. But you've got to imagine Ferguson will have a big say in who replaces him and I'm pretty sure Moyes is high up his list.

Some of the other names like Guardiola (can't see leaving Barca, him agreeing to a short-term contract is only safe guarding himself and role within the club), Blanc (no Premier League experience) and Mourinho (short-term manager, not the man United need long term) are all good options but I can't see them getting the job.

David Moyes would be my pick. Not sure why some are ruling him out as undeserving? Hes worked wonders at Everton recently and is always not too far away from the top 4 at the end of the season. Of course' date=' O'Neill has done a similarly great job at Villa. But you've got to imagine Ferguson will have a big say in who replaces him and I'm pretty sure Moyes is high up his list.

Some of the other names like Guardiola (can't see leaving Barca, him agreeing to a short-term contract is only safe guarding himself and role within the club), Blanc (no Premier League experience) and Mourinho (short-term manager, not the man United need long term) are all good options but I can't see them getting the job.[/quote']

I think Moyes would be a good choice but I just can't see the United hierachy plumping for him over a more glamorous or established name. Then again, Blanc or Guardiola careers are still in their infancy.