Sign in to follow this  
Ashh

When Sir Alex Leaves who will be Manager ?

Re: When Sir Alex Leaves who will be Manager ?

they'll probably end up picking someone fairly young (i.e. 45 or under) who's done well in europe (the current business model at mufc requires good european runs to be viable), so that would rule out the likes of oneill and moyes so they'd probably target someone like blanc or guardiola, and i wouldnt totally rule out mike phelan

I would like to see David O'Leary as manager and Peter Ridsdale as chairman because they did a fantastic job at a United in the past.:D

I don't understand this sarcasm, Leeds didn't get relegated under O'leary. He was sacked because Leeds didn't get in the Champions League and was replaced with idiots. When he left Leeds they were still a top 6 club.

My guess would be Blanc.

Didn't Mourinho publicly state he wants the Utd job when Fergy pops it... sorry.. leaves?

I'd say it's between Mourinho and Guardiola for sure, I reckon the two clubs might of already spoken between themselves about it you know and think Fergy will leave after next season and be swiftly replaced by Guardiola, it all makes perfect sense haha.

I can't see O'neil wanting to leave Villa any time soon tbh, he's invested and brought in a lot of young talent and I think he wants to develop the side he's pretty much molded himself. I think Villa might be a big force to reckon with come 2 seasons time.

Didn't Mourinho publicly state he wants the Utd job when Fergy pops it... sorry.. leaves?

I'd say it's between Mourinho and Guardiola for sure' date=' I reckon the two clubs might of already spoken between themselves about it you know and think Fergy will leave after next season and be swiftly replaced by Guardiola, it all makes perfect sense haha.

I can't see O'neil wanting to leave Villa any time soon tbh, he's invested and brought in a lot of young talent and I think he wants to develop the side he's pretty much molded himself. I think Villa might be a big force to reckon with come 2 seasons time.[/quote']

I agree wit the O'neil part that is one of the things that would proberbly prevent him from becoming our manager but you never know.

Personally, I reckon United will go for somebody who has previous ties with the club - either a player or a coach. Blanc or Queiroz would be a good shout but there are plenty of guys managing today who have played under Fergie, like Hughes, Bruce and Ince. I don't think he'll retire for another couple of seasons yet, so there's a lot of time for one of these guys to step up to the plate in that time. I'm surprised that there hasn't been any shouts for Steve McLaren. Yes, I know - he was absolutely dreadful with England and that will put off almost every single United fan in the country. However, at a club level, he's proven to be very, very good, particularly since moving to Holland with FC Twente. I'm not saying that he will be the one to succeed Fergie, but if he can lead his side to an Eredivisie title and a half-decent Champions League run, then he'll certainly be in the reckoning, in my opinion.

Also, does anyone remember that one version of Champ/Football Manager where Fergie always retired at the end of the first season and, in my experience, he was always replaced by David O'Leary? I think it was when Fergie said that he would retire at the end of the season one year but he then went back on his word and hasn't looked back since. You can bet your life that O'Leary wouldn't be the favourite when Fergie finally does hang up his boots.

pepe guardiola.

he was only offerd a 1 year contact extension. i would love to see him at old trafford

I doubt he will come after reading reports on the internet :( , looks like hes gunna be barce's manager for years to come

Next manager will be Jose Mourinho, 100%

1. Mourinho wants to come back to England

2. Jose wants his dream job

3. He wants to win more trophies

4. He has hinted that he might come back to manager a team when they are taken over

5. He is friends with Sir Alex, and when Sir Alex steps down, he will still have a part with united like Sir Bobby Carlton

6. Manchester United needs a manager that has a great record and tactical minded and that points to Mourinho

Next manager will be Jose Mourinho' date=' 100%

4. He has hinted that he might come back to manager a team when they are taken over

5. He is friends with Sir Alex, and when Sir Alex steps down, he will still have a part with united like Sir Bobby Carlton

6. Manchester United needs a manager that has a great record and tactical minded and that points to Mourinho[/quote']

exaclly what i think :)

Next manager will be Jose Mourinho' date=' 100%

6. Manchester United needs a manager that has a great record and tactical minded and that points to Mourinho[/quote']

1. Well known fact that Liverpool could be after a new manager soon also and Man City only have Mancini 'til the end of the season and knowing them probably won't offer him a new deal.

2. Whats his dream job? I don't remember him saying it was Uniited..

3. Who doesn't want to win.

4. ...Does this mean he wouldn't consider taking over United under the Glazers?

5. Sam Allardyce is friends with Sir Alex, but that hardly means he is in line to replace him. I also don't know how much love is lost between Alex and Jose tbh...

6. Yup no doubting Mourinho's record. Although he does play negative football which is not United. But more importantly, United also need a manager with stability... Mourinho (if appointed) will be manager for 3-4 years before moving off again. Exactly what United don't need.

As much as I love the man, hes not the right man for United. Moyes or O'Neill for me, the Scot probably the more likely. We all know how well Moyes and Alex get on and the job he has done with Everton too has been unbelievable and is a long-term manager, not a short-term fix like Mourinho.

Kensational, most people know Mournho manager inter and waiting for Sir Alex to more on

Mourinho wants to do his dream job, everyone mostly would like to be manager of manchester united.

Liverpool and Man city might want Mourinho but i cant see it happening, Mourinho wants trophies and the team that can do that are manchester united or chelsea atm

Mourinho said one time that he might come back if the team taken over, atm Man utd being talked about, Glazier got so much debt and pressure and a certain price he got to go for

Mourinho might play negative football, but he does get the 3 points, which matters. He only left chelsea because of the owner otherwise he probably still be chelsea manager. If Machester United his dream move then he wouldnt leave.

Jose and Sir Alex has a good relationsip, whenever they used to face the loser always had to pay for dinner and wine after the game.

You can say Moyes or O'neill but they havent got the experience in winning trophies and that what you need nowadays. look at Mourinho, won titles for Porto and Champs league(?), with chelsea won titles and an undefeated streak at home, and now look at Inter and their titles.

If Man Utd are looking for a fairly young manager who has done quite well, then here's there answer:

100124.jpg

Look no further than Sweden. ;) Mikael Stahre, only 34 years of age. Already won 3 titles and 1 promotion in his short managerial career so far (3 years).

1st season in the top flight of Swedish football, with AIK, he won the league and cup double. This season (It's just started), he won the Supercupen (Super Cup). That's quite remarkable for a 34 year old. Just wait for a couple of years and he will become a big household name. ;)

105287.jpg

But then again, he hasn't managed outside of Sweden, so he's quite inexperienced, so are Man Utd willing to take the risk? Don't think so. :o

So, As I said before on this thread, It will probably be Blanc or Moyes :)

Mourinho or Blanc.

I can see it being Mourinho though, as he has always hinted that he's wanted to manage United, and I think he's one of the only managers in the world who can try and fill Fergies boots.

But Blanc could be a good bet, considering how well he is doing with Bordeaux. :)

Kensational' date=' most people know Mournho manager inter and waiting for Sir Alex to more on

Mourinho wants to do his dream job, everyone mostly would like to be manager of manchester united.

Liverpool and Man city might want Mourinho but i cant see it happening, Mourinho wants trophies and the team that can do that are manchester united or chelsea atm

Mourinho said one time that he might come back if the team taken over, atm Man utd being talked about, Glazier got so much debt and pressure and a certain price he got to go for

Mourinho might play negative football, but he does get the 3 points, which matters. He only left chelsea because of the owner otherwise he probably still be chelsea manager. If Machester United his dream move then he wouldnt leave.

Jose and Sir Alex has a good relationsip, whenever they used to face the loser always had to pay for dinner and wine after the game.

You can say Moyes or O'neill but they havent got the experience in winning trophies and that what you need nowadays. look at Mourinho, won titles for Porto and Champs league(?), with chelsea won titles and an undefeated streak at home, and now look at Inter and their titles.[/quote']

Yeah, he probably is but that doesn't mean he will get the job by any stretch of the imagination. Like I said about 'Mourinho's dream job' before, I don't think he has mentioned that as United and I would be more inclined to say that it would be the Portuguese National Team job tbh.

You made some good points, but you've missed the main point of my last post. Stability. As I said, Mourinho is a short-term fix. Say United appoint him, he does well for 4-5 years, wins a load of trophies, then leaves. Granted that could be any manager, but its more likely to be Mourinho than Moyes or O'Neill. I don't think experience in winning titles has got anything to do with it... Pep Guardiola anyone? Never managed a professional team in his career before Barca yet exceeded all expectations last season. I would rather see United go a season or two trophyless and have a secure future than have short-term success and long-term failures. Alex also has a great relationship with Moyes and its well-known Alex wanted Moyes as his assistant at United when he left Preston... And going back to a point you previously made about Alex being at United after he retires as manager, didn't he say that he wouldn't be doing a job upstairs and that he would be spending the time with his wife...? Anyway, if he did stay it would be more likely he would be a mentor to Moyes than having a say with such a decorated manager like Mourinho.

At the end of the day, I think Sir Alex will have a huge say in who is appointed as his successor and I think Moyes is his No.1 choice.

You can talk about Stability. but he is look for his dream job which he hasnt got yet.

He managed Porto, wanted a bigger club

He managed Chelsea, Had a good career but didnt get on with the owner

At Inter now, Winning titles but looking for his dream job

Mourinho never had a stable job, he would of if he got on with the chelsea owner.

you can say experience doesnt count but I think it does, You can say Pep Guardiola, but its not hard to manage Barcelona, just look at there team plus they shouldn't of been in the champs league final last season, it was fixed.

I still think Mourinho

Behave. It's nowhere near as clear cut as you're making out. His style of football certainly won't tick any boxes with the United hierarchy for a start. Perhaps more important is his apparent reluctance to blood young players with any sort of consistency. It's part of the culture going all the way back to Busby to bring young players through, something that Ferguson has been fairly adept at. It's only going to get more important with the current financial circumstance, which as an aside means Mourinho wouldn't get the £50m+ budget he's become accustomed to blowing when he walks into a club.

I think Moyes would be a fantastic appointment, he's achieved relative success at Everton while evolving that side into a team that gets the ball down and plays some superb football. He's got a comparatively excellent record with regards to placing his trust in young players. Hibbert and Osman were still fairly raw when he took over and since then they've churned out Rooney, Rodwell, Gosling, Vaughan, Anichebe with a few more looking to break through at the moment. And he'd be far more likely to work within a budget that would be dwarfed by anything Mourinho would probably expect.

Personally, if I were expecting to see Mourinho in Manchester any time soon then I'd be putting my money firmly behind City.

you can say Moyes all you like, he has brought in great youth and has made Everton as Everton

I think Mourinho will be manager, you might not like his football but he goes get the 3 points. Mourinho had hardly any chances of buying £50+ players in Chelsea because the chelsea owner always got invovled. the highest player he got was Drogba for 24 mil and look at him now(not the diving part, the goalscoring part).

Mourinho is great tactically minded just like others but Mourinho was the first to use the defensive midfielder (makelele) which now most clubs has done now. Mourinho has brought in players that has turned good just like Moyes, like Drogba and Carvalho but before you say it, he has brought in flops

You only say Mourinho will go to Man city is the money

Interesting fact : Mourinho is currently on a run of 131 home league matches unbeaten (38 with Porto, 60 with Chelsea and 33 with Inter). His last and only home league defeat came when Porto were defeated 3–2 by Beira-Mar on 23 February 2002.

you can say Moyes all you like' date=' he has brought in great youth and has made Everton as Everton

I think Mourinho will be manager, you might not like his football but he goes get the 3 points. Mourinho had hardly any chances of buying £50+ players in Chelsea because the chelsea owner always got invovled. the highest player he got was Drogba for 24 mil and look at him now(not the diving part, the goalscoring part).

Mourinho is great tactically minded just like others but Mourinho was the first to use the defensive midfielder (makelele) which now most clubs has done now. Mourinho has brought in players that has turned good just like Moyes, like Drogba and Carvalho but before you say it, he has brought in flops

You only say Mourinho will go to Man city is the money

Interesting fact : Mourinho is currently on a run of 131 home league matches unbeaten (38 with Porto, 60 with Chelsea and 33 with Inter). His last and only home league defeat came when Porto were defeated 3–2 by Beira-Mar on 23 February 2002.[/quote']

I don't necessarily think it will be Moyes, but alongside Blanc and possibly O'Neill I'd put him amongst the favourites because he fits the profile. For all his merits as a manger, of which there are many, Mourinho just doesn't seem to tick as many boxes that are specific to United.

Are you seriously suggesting that Mourinho discovered the defensive midfield role? Where do you think Makelele was playing at Madrid? Right wing? It's been around well before Mourinho adopted it. Yes he's brought good players but the list of players he's nurtured through is considerably shorter. His handling of Balotelli is questionable and though he introduced Santon to the first team he hasn't been getting as many games as he perhaps needs or justifies. I honestly can't think of a single young player he brought through effectively at Chelsea off the top of my head, either.

City is a project, if they get rid of Mancini as is rumoured they'll throw money at any top manager who wishes to try their arm. It's the sort of challenge that might appeal to Mourinho, particularly if they qualify for the Champions League, which will increase their appeal to prospective targets who would likely be more willing to take a risky move in a post-World cup year anyway.

i meant Mourinho made the idea in england, of the makelele rolewhich most teams have done now

If you don't think Mourinho fine, but i do, he ticks many of my boxes.

Man Utd Manager needs to be experience in the league yes

Man Utd manager needs to be experienced in Europe yes

Needs to handle pressure yes

Good record yes

Ability to buy quality players yes

Ability to win trophies yes

Tactical Minded yes

The best buy Mourinho done was Drogba and look at him, he is deadly.

I can't see him at Man City, Mourinho wants a side that can win top trophies, and if he goes there he has to do a lot of chages to improve them