Sign in to follow this  
Ashh

When Sir Alex Leaves who will be Manager ?

Re: When Sir Alex Leaves who will be Manager ?

giggs has won more trophies than you've had hot dinners..

He'll be an excellent manger imo

Looking at the list of 'top' managers over the years, very very very rarely does a succesful player make the transition into an equally as succesful manager.

Coupled with the fact that Giggs is a dirty bar steward with the morals of a tin of tuna, then I would rather he retired gracefully and at absolute best took a backseat coaching role.

it will be mourinho
it will be mourinho' date=' he is the man of the job[/quote']
why won't he?
it will be mourinho
i will carry on saying
i take the bet' date=' i could do with a new house lol

mourinho will be the next manager[/quote']

i think mourinho will be manager' date='[/quote']
no' date=' it will be mourinho[/quote']
i still think mourinho
next manager will be jose mourinho' date=' 100%

1. Mourinho wants to come back to england

2. Jose wants his dream job

3. He wants to win more trophies

4. He has hinted that he might come back to manager a team when they are taken over

5. He is friends with sir alex, and when sir alex steps down, he will still have a part with united like sir bobby carlton

6. Manchester united needs a manager that has a great record and tactical minded and that points to mourinho[/quote']

just wait... I await til you say..oh talentsearcher was right

:D

10 characters

Eh, 6 year contract? Hope there's a clause that allows United to fire him cheaply.

I hope he works out but you never know at this level when a manager is taking a big step up.

There were a couple of questions that went unanswered when Manchester United were busy making public yesterday their decision to usher in David Moyes as the club's new manager: does the somewhat frazzled former United player Paddy Crerand know that Sir Alex Ferguson will no longer be running the joint next season?

And what does Jose Mourinho make of some of the statements to have come out of Old Trafford over the past few days?

Mourinho came as close as he ever will to doing a job interview after his Real Madrid side ousted Manchester United from the Champions League in March.

"The best team lost. We didn't play well, we didn't deserve to win,” he said, in lavishing upon United a level of praise that barely seemed credible.

Having been booed by Real Madrid's fans before this week’s 6-2 walloping of Malaga in La Liga, Mourinho seems in the death throes of his time at the Bernabeu. But he won’t be succeeding Fergie next season.

Mourinho seems to have been written off by United as some sort of untrustworthy foreign schemer, who lacks integrity or any type of ability to build and rebuild football teams.

The word integrity or the notion of integrity cropped up a couple of times in comments attributed to Bobby Charlton and Sir Alex Ferguson, both of whom are now vocal figures on the United board, in explaining the decision to opt for Moyes on a whopping six-year contract ahead of any other coach in the world game. Namely Mourinho, whose return to Chelsea grows ever likelier with Moyes in at Old Trafford.

It was not highlighted why Mourinho was overlooked, but what was not said spoke volumes about the United football board’s attitude towards the Portuguese coach.

“When we discussed the candidates that we felt had the right attributes we unanimously agreed on David Moyes," said Ferguson. "David is a man of great integrity with a strong work ethic. There is no question he has all the qualities we expect of a manager at this club."

Warming to the theme of United being some sort of 'Dignity FC', Charlton added: "I have always said that we wanted the next manager to be a genuine Manchester United man. In David Moyes, we have someone who understands the things that make this such a special club. We have secured a man who is committed to the long term and will build teams for the future as well as now. Stability breeds success.”

Ferguson’s comments regarding “candidates” suggest Mourinho was discussed and rejected by United. His statement about “integrity” and “work ethic” shows the United board did not feel Mourinho possessed the characteristics Moyes brings with him from Everton. Otherwise they would have approached him.

Charlton’s statement regarding the “long term” hints at the belief that United felt Mourinho is not a manager to be trusted with lengthy projects.

Charlton had already aired his displeasure with Mourinho during an interview with The Guardian last year. Much of it seems to stem from Mourinho prodding the then Barcelona assistant coach Tito Vilanova in the eye during the Spanish Super Cup match in 2011.

"A United manager wouldn't do that," said Charlton. "Mourinho is a really good coach but that's as far as I would go, really.”

It would not be outlandish to suggest Mourinho has been treated with suspicion at Old Trafford since he raced down the touchline in a long coat when his Porto side ousted United late on on their way to snaring the Champions League in 2004.

Integrity is an overused word. There is no integrity in football. Certainly not at the elite level. To say otherwise is as bonkers as the frothy Paddy Crerand emerging from his cave to tell Irish radio it was utter rubbish Fergie would leave his job, seconds before United came clean with the news.

Charlton’s outburst regarding Mourinho, a coach with two Champions League trophies and national titles in four countries to his name, lacks the very integrity he claims his organisation instils.

Ferguson’s retirement has been greeted with a widespread sadness, but his antics as United manager provide several of the reasons why he will be missed. He was gloriously successful with his 38 trophies in 27 years at Old Trafford, but you can hardly describe his conduct as classy. Sir Furious was and remains a real character.

This is a figure who was as comfortable when publicly berating referees, lamenting the Football Association and banning journalists from the club as he was at lifting trophies. He turned griping about perceived injustices against Aberdeen and United into as much of a sport as football, taking aim at most things that walked with some industrial language.

If somebody describes Fergie as brimming with values and integrity, you might as well say Crerand is in the know. Remember "big-time Charlie" Paul Ince?

There continues to be some ancient drivel spouted by old hacks about working class values of honesty, fair play and decency shaping the vision of men such as Ferguson.

Fergie was almost like Tony Soprano when he said to a PR sort “we’ll get him” when an unsuspecting reporter asked a question about the affair-ridden Ryan Giggs at a presser before the Champions League final two years ago.

Moyes, a manager full of integrity, suggested the referee Mike Riley was a United supporter before Everton faced his new club in the 2009 FA Cup semi-finals.

This notion of Moyes being somehow guaranteed to be a long-term appointment is also balderdash.

United were fortunate that Fergie turned out to be the manager he was. But he was also given four years to get it right. Moyes would be lucky to get half the time without picking up some sort of medallion. Especially if he spends heavily to spruce up the squad.

Ron Atkinson lasted five years at Old Trafford between 1981-1986 before he was sacked in November 1986. He won a couple of FA Cups. But that was not enough to stave off the axe.

Contrary to Charlton’s claims, Moyes is not a Manchester United man. He is a Celtic man like Ferguson is famously a Rangers man. Both come from Glasgow. Both played for Scotland’s largest clubs.

Moyes was asked who his favourite player was during a phone-in on Sky recently and came up with the bearded former Celtic full-back Danny McGrain, a hardened team-mate of Moyes who looked the same in his thirties as he did when he was in his teens. Moyes has always stated his desire to manage Celtic.

There was no hankering for United in his formative years, but that does not mean he cannot become a United man, a clichéd figure Jose can only dream of.

The problem about opting against appointing Jose Mourinho as your manager is that you do not have Jose Mourinho as your manager. It means you may well come across him in England. Which means the greatest coach in employment in world football is managing somebody else. Probably Chelsea next season.

“For me, he is the greatest,” said the Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard in anticipation of Mourinho’s return to Stamford Bridge.

The Moyes project may or may not prove to be a boondoggle. What we do know is that the Special One is now the Snubbed One. That could make him a very dangerous foe.

Moyes may revel in his good fortune at landing the United post, but Mourinho has suddenly been handed fresh purpose before any return to Chelsea. With or without integrity.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/early-doors/united-mourinho-two-fingered-salute-opting-moyes-063918212.html

Popular view? No.

Accurate view? Yes.

I expect everyone to reject this view but I'm posting it anyways :)