Sign in to follow this  
Ashh

When Sir Alex Leaves who will be Manager ?

Re: When Sir Alex Leaves who will be Manager ?

i meant Mourinho made the idea in england' date=' of the makelele rolewhich most teams have done now

If you don't think Mourinho fine, but i do, he ticks many of my boxes.

Man Utd Manager needs to be experience in the league yes

Man Utd manager needs to be experienced in Europe yes

Needs to handle pressure yes

Good record yes

Ability to buy quality players yes

Ability to win trophies yes

Tactical Minded yes

The best buy Mourinho done was Drogba and look at him, he is deadly.

I can't see him at Man City, Mourinho wants a side that can win top trophies, and if he goes there he has to do a lot of chages to improve them[/quote']

Even if you discount anything that happened pre-Premier league, as seems the fashion these days, you still have the likes of Butt, Ince, Petit and Batty. He in no way invented, created or was the first to use the defensive midfielder. There's a case for saying his use of Makelele may have popularised it in England, but that's as much as you could say.

I'm not suggesting Mourinho isn't a quality manager, but it's the clubs ethos he has to fit, not yours or mine.

Yup. David Moyes or Martin O'Neill.

could you honestly see those two manage a real madrid/barca/juve/ac milan/bayern? because i cant, and if cant see them manage those teams i cant see why would be good enough for man united

(and for the record i dont think there is any british manager good enough for man united)

could you honestly see those two manage a real madrid/barca/juve/ac milan/bayern? because i cant' date=' and if cant see them manage those teams i cant see why would be good enough for man united

(and for the record i dont think there is any british manager good enough for man united)[/quote']

The only reason why I couldn't probably see them manage a Real or Barca is the fact that there are no British managers at a big foreign team....

I certainly think they're good enough. Moyes is better than the current RM manager.

could you honestly see those two manage a real madrid/barca/juve/ac milan/bayern? because i cant' date=' and if cant see them manage those teams i cant see why would be good enough for man united

(and for the record i dont think there is any british manager good enough for man united)[/quote']

Well, could you see Leonardo coaching Milan 2 years ago perhaps? Pellegrini 2 years ago for Real? Van Gaal back in 2001 when he build up an Dutch army at Barca, could you see him coaching Bayern now? Ferrara to Juve?

Moyes and O'Neill hasnt won titles etc' date=' their is no British manager that could replace Fergie

Look foreign, who out there that is a good manager and knows the english game, 1 man, The Special One, Jose Mourinho[/quote']

It's almost impossible to win a title in England with all the big spendings big teams does there. In Italy for example; non of the teams there give a rat about the Cup. Every big teams puts up a reserv lineup or plays there youths.

Moyes and O'Neill hasnt won titles etc' date=' their is no British manager that could replace Fergie

Look foreign, who out there that is a good manager and knows the english game, 1 man, The Special One, Jose Mourinho[/quote']

They haven't won titles because of the teams they're with. Give Mourinho Villa or Everton and see what he wins with them.

The only reason why I couldn't probably see them manage a Real or Barca is the fact that there are no British managers at a big foreign team....

historically there have been british managers at the big foreign teams (hodgson at inter' date=' venables and robson at barca, toshack at madrid twice) so they've not been averse to hiring british managers - the point more was whether a top european club outside england would hire those two based on their ability, and as far as i know only wolfsburg have ever made moyes a solid offer and whilst they're reigning german champions they arent on the same level as a bayern, tbh they're more on the similar sort of level as everton tbh. and if they arent good enough for a top european team outside of england, then IMO they arent good enough for man united

I certainly think they're good enough. Moyes is better than the current RM manager.

i wouldnt say moyes is better than pellegrini who to be fair is undermined in his work (like anyone under perez) but his record in europe would make me slightly wary for the man united job in all honesty whereas pellegrini's got a fairly good record in europe with villareal

Well' date=' could you see Leonardo coaching Milan 2 years ago perhaps? Pellegrini 2 years ago for Real? Van Gaal back in 2001 when he build up an Dutch army at Barca, could you see him coaching Bayern now? Ferrara to Juve?[/quote']

in the case of leonardo and ferrara they were both at milan/juve for many years so those two getting the jobs is by no means a surprise as they went with people who knew the club inside out

pellegrini did very well in building up villareal, got 2nd and 3rd in the league, very unlucky to go out in the CL semis and had a CL QF, so his CV is better than the likes of moyes, and it doesnt totally shock me to see him as a madrid manager as he is a good coach and he's not the demanding coach like say a mourinho who'd give the likes of perez a hard time

van gaal - like him or not he is a very good coach and did an oustanding job at ajax in the 90s, did pretty well at barca in his first spell (not so much his second spell) so he is someone who has experience of winning the biggest prize in club football, has a couple of la liga titles so he has a very good pedigree, and he won the dutch league with az which boosted his recent stock so its not a huge shock to see him at bayern really with his past and more recent successes.

in the case of leonardo and ferrara they were both at milan/juve for many years so those two getting the jobs is by no means a surprise as they went with people who knew the club inside out

pellegrini did very well in building up villareal' date=' got 2nd and 3rd in the league, very unlucky to go out in the CL semis and had a CL QF, so his CV is better than the likes of moyes, and it doesnt totally shock me to see him as a madrid manager as he is a good coach and he's not the demanding coach like say a mourinho who'd give the likes of perez a hard time

van gaal - like him or not he is a very good coach and did an oustanding job at ajax in the 90s, did pretty well at barca in his first spell (not so much his second spell) so he is someone who has experience of winning the biggest prize in club football, has a couple of la liga titles so he has a very good pedigree, and he won the dutch league with az which boosted his recent stock so its not a huge shock to see him at bayern really with his past and more recent successes.[/quote']

Milan and Juve took a very big risk when they appointed their respective coaches for this season. So,, why can't United try to get Moyes? He is doing a very, very good job at Everton with limited resources, so what can he do with a bigger pocket?

Moyes has also been taking Everton to Europe for some seasons and was on the verge of getting them into CL for the season 05/06 and it's harder to get an more underdog team to get in CL in England than in Spain. I'm not saying he is better than Pellegrini but Moyes is doing a great job with Everton.

Milan and Juve took a very big risk when they appointed their respective coaches for this season. So' date=', why can't United try to get Moyes? [/quote']

as explained earlier, different situations. milan and juve's coaches are people who know the club very well, moyes doesnt know united very well

He is doing a very' date=' very good job at Everton with limited resources, so what can he do with a bigger pocket?[/quote']

he has spent big a few times and a fair few of his bigger buys have been poor (richard wright and beattie were very bad signings) and he did overpay for a fair few players (fellaini and yakubu). so not saying that he'd do badly, but his record isnt all sunshine as some make it out to be, like many managers he's made some bad buys

Moyes has also been taking Everton to Europe for some seasons and was on the verge of getting them into CL for the season 05/06 and it's harder to get an more underdog team to get in CL in England than in Spain. I'm not saying he is better than Pellegrini but Moyes is doing a great job with Everton.

moyes has done an excellent job there taking them from probable relegation to regular top 6 finishes but his record in the europe (most notably the tactical acumen shown) for me isnt good enough for a club like man united as he hasnt been able to achieve similar levels of success in europe (getting knocked out by the likes of liege and lisbon, two teams that they should have done better against, esp lisbon)

Just out of curiosity burs' date=' who do you think is most likely to be appointed United manager then? From a neutral point of view... I.e not Brian Laws :P[/quote']

honestly, if i was one of their board members, i'd be looking at the following critieria:

1) someone fairly young (i.e. under 50) who'll stick around for the next 15 years+ a la ferguson to build a legacy and provide continuity

2) got a good track record in europe

3) has shown a willingness to blood youngsters into the team who are good enough to play for the club and

4) got a good track record domestically relative to resources

as for those who'd be considered:

moyes - the only domestic candidate who should be on the shortlist - meets 1, 3 and 4 but falls down on point 2

mourinho - meets 1 and 2, 3 not so much and whilst he's won quite a few domestic league titles he's done so at the team with the greatest resources in that country (porto, chelsea and inter), so he wouldnt get as many marks as someone like moyes in that respect, and he hasnt really shown me that he's too interested with the long term vision

blanc - meets 1 and 4, still a little bit too soon to say definitively on point 2 due to how long his career has been but he'd get more points than moyes in that category. and unlike the other 4, he's a former player so will know the club well.

guardiola - meets 1 and 3 (for criteria #3 he's the best of the 4), still very early to definitively judge point 2 and as for point 4 they were a mess the year before he came and had a great deal of success after one year so deserves a lot of credit for, and a large part of his success is partly due to the knowledge he has of his club. one black mark against him is that he doesnt strike me as the type who'd be willing to be the manager at one club for more than a few years (strong rumours that he'd be gone by 2011 from barca) so in terms of the long term he may not be the right man as he strikes me as someone who wants to manage in many different countries

so in summary, i'd rank them in the following order:

blanc

guardiola

mourinho

moyes

Why not give an English manager a chance to manage a top club?

Shteeeve Van Claren has done a fabulous job at Twente with limited resources plus he has connection to SAF and Man Utd.

Steve-McClaren-001.jpg

Go on, give him a chance, I'm sure he would do a tremendous job. ;)

Why not give an English manager a chance to manage a top club?

Shteeeve Van Claren has done a fabulous job at Twente with limited resources plus he has connection to SAF and Man Utd.

Steve-McClaren-001.jpg

Go on' date=' give him a chance, I'm sure he would do a tremendous job. ;)[/quote']

When I see him, I only think of when he failed to qualify England to Euro 2008 :P

When I see him' date=' I only think of when he failed to qualify England to Euro 2008 :P[/quote']

Ahh yes :D

'The Wolly With A Brolly' :P

wallyDM2111_468x819.jpg

Anyway, another possibility (well an unlikely candidate) for the job -> Unai Emery.

Young-ish manager, doing quite well with the Los Ches. :)

i doubt moyes will come to united after everything with Rooney , my head is slightly pushing me in the direction of blanc now after origanlly being with mourinhio.

honestly' date=' if i was one of their board members, i'd be looking at the following critieria:

1) someone fairly young (i.e. under 50) who'll stick around for the next 15 years+ a la ferguson to build a legacy and provide continuity

2) got a good track record in europe

3) has shown a willingness to blood youngsters into the team who are good enough to play for the club and

4) got a good track record domestically relative to resources

as for those who'd be considered:

moyes - the only domestic candidate who should be on the shortlist - meets 1, 3 and 4 but falls down on point 2

mourinho - meets 1 and 2, 3 not so much and whilst he's won quite a few domestic league titles he's done so at the team with the greatest resources in that country (porto, chelsea and inter), so he wouldnt get as many marks as someone like moyes in that respect, and he hasnt really shown me that he's too interested with the long term vision

blanc - meets 1 and 4, still a little bit too soon to say definitively on point 2 due to how long his career has been but he'd get more points than moyes in that category. and unlike the other 4, he's a former player so will know the club well.

guardiola - meets 1 and 3 (for criteria #3 he's the best of the 4), still very early to definitively judge point 2 and as for point 4 they were a mess the year before he came and had a great deal of success after one year so deserves a lot of credit for, and a large part of his success is partly due to the knowledge he has of his club. one black mark against him is that he doesnt strike me as the type who'd be willing to be the manager at one club for more than a few years (strong rumours that he'd be gone by 2011 from barca) so in terms of the long term he may not be the right man as he strikes me as someone who wants to manage in many different countries

so in summary, i'd rank them in the following order:

blanc

guardiola

mourinho

moyes[/quote']

Rudi Garcia has to fit into the frame somewhere doesn't he? An outsider?