Stefan Savic (Man City's New Vidic)

Gorskino10

Stefan Savic

savic.jpg

Bio:

Stefan Savić (born 8 January 1991 in Mojkovac, SR Montenegro) is a Montenegrin football defender currently playing for BSK Borča in the Serbian Superliga. The winner of the Football Association of Montenegro Young Player of the Year award in 2009

Having completed the journey from his Serbian hometown of Mojkovac, via Borca, to the Emirates Stadium, the young Montenegro international reflects on the latest developments in his ever-promising and growing career.

- “There were offers from Tottenham and Birmingham City, but once a call came from Arsenal, I had no more doubts. Wenger made sure my papers were arranged for and my work permit extended so I can be at more training sessions. A pre-contract will be signed on Thursday and then I will return to Belgrade and join BSK for their preparations. I will be staying with BSK until May,” Savic said for Blic.

What is it like to train with the likes of Fabregas, Van Persie, Eduardo, Arshavin, Campbell and Gallas?

- “They are all great guys and don’t behave like stars. I am getting the most help from Wenger’s assistant coach Boro Primorac – a former Hajduk and Yugoslavia player – and, naturally, Eduardo. It’s excellent I have the opportunity to talk in my native language with someone, although I have good command of English. I’ve had some endurance tests and played in some friendlies. What matters most to me is that I have pleased the coaching staff.”

The way the team performed against Manchester United, you might as well join in Arsenal’s defence straight away.

- “I was on the terraces and it must have been hard for the lads on the pitch. United had a terrific game, especially Nani. Wenger was extremely mad during the training session yesterday. This defeat means the league title will be extremely hard to reach right now.”

What is Wenger like at training sessions?

- “He is the man. He has incredible authority at the club – everyone listens to him, assistants lead training sessions and he just supervises. Nothing can escape him.”

Having all but completed your move to Arsenal, you have fulfilled the dream of every young player in Serbia and Montenegro.

- “My childhood dreams of putting on the shirt of a great club have come true, although I am a Red Star fan. Although I am at the very start of my career, this is enormous motivation for me,” concluded Savic.

Stats:

2009/10 - FK BSK Borca (SuperLiga) 7 Games 1 Goal 1 Assist

2008/09 - FK BSK Borca (Prva Liga) 2 Games

Total: 810 Minutes

My View:

article-1247999-0821458A000005DC-490_468x353.jpg

Being 6ft 2 and at the age of 19 this guy is a "Strange" buy for Wenger as his Youth players are of the age of 16/18, so he must see this guy as being another "Vidic" a strong physical player bought relitivly unknown to many people and look at what he has become at Manchester United.

After missing out of Smalling this must be his "Plan B" but from what i can see he looks a solid buy, rumoured around 2.5 Million Euros (which is alot for a player in a Serbian team) so look out for this guy he must be earmarked as a possible player who can play for Arsenal in the next 1 to 2 years!

On SM he should be there for his team but Borca have NO PLAYERS on the SM but if they update it due to minutes he should possible be added :)

Link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1247999/Hot-prospect-Stefan-Savic-claims-shunned-Tottenham-sign-pre-contract-deal-Arsenal.html

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Re: Stefan Savic (Arsenal's New Vidic)

So whats up whit the kid?

Hasn't signed with Arsenal but Partizan as other people have menthioned' date=' in my OP they said a Pre Contract obviouslly they pulled out like Man United did to Adem Ljajic, anywho i saw the Arsenal game and he looked very good for how young he is and in a few years will be the main CB for Partizan, at the moment they know this and wont sell him for anything below £10 Million with Chelsea and Spurs & Roma and CSKA Moscow, Shakhtar Donetsk, rumoured to be interested.

([url']http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1332905/Chelsea-told-forget-Stefan-Savic-Partizan-Belgrade-stand-firm-starlet.html[/url])

Roma seem the most interested with Mexes leaving Vukicic has recommended Savic to take over Mexes's CB posistion which is a big place to fill but they have faith he is ready to be a regular starter for Roma.

Also found on the UEFA SITE Savic was placed in the top 10 revelations in Champions League alongside Bale etc...

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fsport.blic.rs%2FFudbal%2FEvropski-fudbal%2F189786%2FStefan-Savic-medju-deset-otkrovenja-Lige-sampiona

Seems he is going to have a BIG future ahead of him so snap him up while you can.

• 5 months later...

Re: Stefan Savic (Arsenal's New Vidic)

Well both Man City and Arenal are interested in him, i expect if Jerome is sold then City will move for Savic, Arsenal's interest is weaker and have him as a backup option if they dont get other targets.

I wouldnt be suprised if he leaves this Summer.

Re: Stefan Savic (Man City's New Vidic)

Savic Is Close To Joining Manchester City As Mancini Says That The Deal Is Done So He's Man City New Vidic.

Yeah saw the article this morning, but i cannot change the Main title of the thread so cannot change it :(

If Savic goes to city the CB area is probs one of the weakest, with Toure banned and getting older at 30, Kompany played very well but sometimes is suspect at the back, Lescott is pretty poor, so Savic has a BIG chance to show himself in Pre Season he could get some 1st team action sooner than at many other clubs so would be a good move i reckon.

Yeah saw the article this morning' date=' but i cannot change the Main title of the thread so cannot change it :(

If Savic goes to city the CB area is probs one of the weakest, with Toure banned and getting older at 30, Kompany played very well but sometimes is suspect at the back, Lescott is pretty poor, so Savic has a BIG chance to show himself in Pre Season he could get some 1st team action sooner than at many other clubs so would be a good move i reckon.[/quote']

Disappointed With Him Not Joining Arsenal But Nvm :)

Yeah saw the article this morning' date=' but i cannot change the Main title of the thread so cannot change it :([/b']

If Savic goes to city the CB area is probs one of the weakest, with Toure banned and getting older at 30, Kompany played very well but sometimes is suspect at the back, Lescott is pretty poor, so Savic has a BIG chance to show himself in Pre Season he could get some 1st team action sooner than at many other clubs so would be a good move i reckon.

You can. What you need to do is, go to your opening post and then click edit. Then go on advanced options and at the top there should be the title of the thread and you can edit that and then save :)

You can. What you need to do is' date=' go to your opening post and then click edit. Then go on advanced options and at the top there should be the title of the thread and you can edit that and then save :)[/quote']

Cheers i updated it now :D

Update:

steffan%20shirt3.ashx

Official: Manchester City sign Stefan Savic on a four-year deal

Savic faced no fewer than five City players in that game, with Joe Hart, Adam Johnson, Joleon Lescott, Gareth Barry and Shaun Wright-Phillips all in action that night – though it is the latter Savic remembers best.

“I was up against Shaun when he came on as a substitute and he was very tricky!” smiled Savic.

“I never imagined that I’d be team-mates with all those City players within a year and I’m so happy to be at this club.

“I can’t wait to play alongside them and all the other fantastic players we have here. It is a dream come true and I’m especially looking forward to meeting Edin Dzeko and Aleksandar Kolarov because they both speak my language and come from the Balkans, too.

“Aleks has already phoned me to welcome to City which makes me feel at home already.

“I watch the Premier League all the time and I know it’s the place to be so I am just looking forward to helping this club achieve great things. We have an incredible stadium and I’ve seen how passionate the City fans are many times on TV.

“Montenegro play England later this year so I’m expecting to have some great banter with the England lads. I’m just really happy to be a City player.”