boring 4 4 2 is the most succesful formation these days

cristianoballotelli

Re: boring 4 4 2 is the most succesful formation these days

i'll try a 4-4-2 in a friendly match

i lost 5-3 against arsenal

i used a 3-5-2(strt av was 96) and the arsenal had 4-1-3-2

dominated the match aswell

anyways, in your 4-4-2 who do you play in the center mid--2cm's/cm-dm....

My team with 3-5-2 is winning (Fiorentina and Everton) :D

but only recently there's a slight drop in performance (two consecutive draws for Fiorentina), but that formation wins majority of their match and not lose any.

My team with 4-4-2 also doing well (Fulham), although at the moment they're performing somewhat poor (two defeats and two draws recently).

Surprisingly, my Fulham don't work well with 3-5-2 (lose 1-6 against Tottenham, and note that 3 of my defenders are injured).

For me, 3-5-2 is my best formation, then 4-4-2 if 3-5-2 doesn't work.

The match engine is too random to make a proper inference regarding a "successful" formation. Each team in each game world in the entire game seems to have a different compatibility with certain formations. The last thousand times I used 3-5-2 with my recent Inter Milan ended in me losing against weaklings. The 4-5-1 defensive proved the most powerful, and eventually even that formation lost it's flair (I then quit and joined Crewe Alexandre in EC 5579 :D). I have other teams that can't find any success with different formations. Players, tactics, morale, and maybe other factors probably have just led to a coincidental successfulness in the 3-5-2 that got people hooked on it like LSD, and the forum did the rest, I think. :P The 4-4-2 is rarely successful for me. The closest I got to a successful one was a 4-2-2-2 with my old Arsenal. I think it was a 3-2-2-2-1 that got me to Div 2 in EC 106 a while ago. It's failed in every other club. :o

The match engine is too random to make a proper inference regarding a "successful" formation. Each team in each game world in the entire game seems to have a different compatibility with certain formations. The last thousand times I used 3-5-2 with my recent Inter Milan ended in me losing against weaklings. The 4-5-1 defensive proved the most powerful' date=' and eventually even that formation lost it's flair (I then quit and joined Crewe Alexandre in EC 5579 :D). I have other teams that can't find any success with different formations. Players, tactics, morale, and maybe other factors probably have just led to a coincidental successfulness in the 3-5-2 that got people hooked on it like LSD, and the forum did the rest, I think. :P The 4-4-2 is rarely successful for me. The closest I got to a successful one was a 4-2-2-2 with my old Arsenal. I think it was a 3-2-2-2-1 that got me to Div 2 in EC 106 a while ago. It's failed in every other club. :o[/quote']

I find that (in EC's), the 352 gets you comfortably through divisions 4 and 3, and usually 2 as well but gets taken apart by better teams in the top league.

I then successfully used a 451 defensive formation and won the top division using this but that's not worked recently and so i've changed it again and i've won 3 of my last 4 games using the basic 442.

Im beginning to think that each team, has a formation attached to it, by sm.

This formation, when matched ensures success. I think thats why you see so many big teams eg Barcelona,Madrid struggling in various set ups, when clearly they have the best teams, player wise. Just a thought.

Ya, we have all identified the problem. I call it a problem becuase i don't like using it. It seems to easy to breach, but SM has made it stronger recently, and its winning a lot of games for those who use it. So the question for us(I mean those of us who are against it) is how do we counter the 4 4 2 formation now? since 3 5 2 and the others are failing against it.

Anyone know how to counter it, cos am about to face a side with the same rating as me 92. Who is undefeated in the league (6 matches through) using 4 4 2 only.

So how do i counter this formation.

Ya' date=' we have all identified the problem. I call it a problem becuase i don't like using it. It seems to easy to breach, but SM has made it stronger recently, and its winning a lot of games for those who use it. So the question for us(I mean those of us who are against it) is how do we counter the 4 4 2 formation now? since 3 5 2 and the others are failing against it.

Anyone know how to counter it, cos am about to face a side with the same rating as me 92. Who is undefeated in the league (6 matches through) using 4 4 2 only.

So how do i counter this formation.[/quote']

I dont think it is the 3 5 2 that isnt working, rather the tactics that go with it,im still havin plenty of success against this formation, after changing to defensive,counter attack.

I have tried playing 3 across the back but I never seem to get consistant results.

It also seemed a potential cheat as you could then do away with RBs and LBs and reinvest the money elsewhere. Far easier to maintain say 8 or 9 good cbs then having to look after and rotate RB/CB/LB's

I have gone back to using 4 at the back and the results definitely seem better.

this season i used 4-4-2 Diamond for my first 4 matchest but i lose 2 draw 1 and win 1!

so i changed it to 4-1-3-2 and now its turn 22 and i win all my matches and draw 2 and just lose in a friendly match with my reserves!

so i think 4-4-2 doesnt works for me!:confused:

Ya' date=' we have all identified the problem. I call it a problem becuase i don't like using it. It seems to easy to breach, but SM has made it stronger recently, and its winning a lot of games for those who use it. So the question for us(I mean those of us who are against it) is how do we counter the 4 4 2 formation now? since 3 5 2 and the others are failing against it.

So how do i counter this formation.[/quote']

i used 4-1-3-2 against 4-4-2 bayern and i won 4-2

i used 4-1-3-2 against 4-4-2 roma and i won 3-0

i used 4-1-3-2 against 4-4-2 chelsea and i won 2-1

so if you have the right players for this formation i think it wont let you down;)

so if you have the right players for this formation i think it wont let you down;)

Attacking Mentality or defensive mentality? or was it normal

• 11 months later...

all my teams withthis formation is winning' date='i wanna see how teams of others members doing[/quote']

not me haha. i just lost 3 and drew 1 with this!!!!

team: lloris, maicon, vidic, ferdinand, evra, higuain, sneijder, toulalan, ribery, berbatov, aguero

all the teams i face are weaker and i get beat using 4 4 2!

i think it just depends

Im beginning to think that each team' date=' has a formation attached to it, by sm.

This formation, when matched ensures success. I think thats why you see so many big teams eg Barcelona,Madrid struggling in various set ups, when clearly they have the best teams, player wise. Just a thought.[/quote']

i agree, ive always thought this.

ill second that' date=' my team that play that formation are 16 games unbeaten with 13 of the last 16 wins, ive also got the treble with the league basically rapped up so it definately works for me, 3-5-2 isnt so good for me while 4-4-2 is mixed results[/center']