Gold Championship 98 - Match and Transfer Reports thread

Guest Abdel Zizi

Guest MR. HAMMER

Re: Gold Championship 98 - Match and Transfer Reports thread

hibs_logo.gif

senedd-03-contract-signing-1.7.03-lg-2.jpg

New Manager Meats The New Bord!!

Today Hibernian FC have named Mattuie Beckett there new manager the Scotish team was looking for a good manager and he has one a few cups in his time as a manager the new gafa has signed a two and a half year deal and is hoping to push for the league tittle in that time also the manager has told press he is hoping to get in to urop this season to get the name out there and will be looking for a top 3 finish and to beat iver celtic or rangers this season.

1-FC-Koeln.jpg

GADGA IS THE NEW MAN AT FC KOLN

Gadga became the new manager today and already rejected bids for PODOLOSKI, IF HE WAS GOING TO LEAVE IT WILL BE FOR A PX DEAL stated gadga but for now he is staying.. The chairman and gagda spoke about a youth system and may decide to bring in some youths for the german cup and shield but this is not 100% confimed.. The aim for this season is to get KOLN into europe next season..

Took Southampton, Lambert and Papa Waigo can go if there's a good cash offer. :)

Murty - 80

Jaidi - 82

Perry - 79

Thomas - 78

Wotton - 79

Waigo - 82

Lambert - 80

Connolly - 80

are the ones that can leave for now. All can leave for chairman's value except Waigo and Lambert who'd need a bit more ;)

picture.php?albumid=134&pictureid=985

FLAMENGO SWAP ADRIANO FOR ASAMOAH AND FLORO FLORES

Perennial chubber Adriano has left Flamengo to join Italian side Udinese in a deal that sees the prodigious youth Kwadwo Asamoah and the useful Antonio Floro Flores move to Brazil.

It is believed that Adriano was given his marching orders following an unsavoury incident at the Rio branch of KFC, where it is believed he ran riot after being told that they had run out of hot wings.

2537719328.jpg

Asamoah in action for his former club

100_1202377805.gif

630-99399-dubarbier.jpg

Cagliari Calcio Complete Signing of Sebastián Dubarbier, Beating 3 Other Teams to Sign Him

The Argentine who played 80 games for former Side CFR Cluj in Romania over a two year span, and playing well in the Champions League last season, has earned him a big move to Italian side Calgiari, who beta of competition from Paris Saint-Germain , Toulouse and Atletico Mineiro, to get his signature, and eventually paying £3.5million and Two players, for the 23 year old, he complateted a Medical this morning and is now officially a Calgiari player.

100_1202377805.gif

vedad-ibisevic-nach-op-514.jpg

Cagliari Are In Advanced Talks With TSG Over Ibisevic

Tonight we understand that TSG Hoffenheim and Cagliari are in advanced talks over a possible transfer of Vedad Ibisevic, a part of the deal has already been agreed according to the Bosnian's Agents its just a minor part of the deal has yet to be agreed with both Clubs, however We believe that Ibisevic by midweek will more than defernatly be a Cagliari Player.

100_1202377805.gif

julio-sergio-roma.jpg_370468210.jpg

Cagliari Sign Roma's Hotstoper Julio Sergio To Back Up Marchetti

Cagliari Have today completed their 3rd signing under new boss Nick Justice, and its in the form of Brazilan Goalkeeper Julio Sergio from fellow Serie A Rivals AS Roma, the deal is thought to be in the region of £4million, the 31 year old Goalkeepeer will provide back-up and cover for Starting keeper Marchetti.

l_101.gif

691.gif

Lack of activity frustrates Winston

Cardiff have only managed to sign three players so far since Dai Winston took over from Dave Jones as the clubs manager. Winston has made his feelings public and stated that he is fine with the current squad but really wants to significantly change the personel in the team. Cardiff have been trying to bring in Welsh players but other managers are refusing to negotiate let alone reply to Winston's bids. Time will tell wether the Bluebirds manage to sign any more players before the opening League game this Saturday.

The three players that have arrived are, Sam Ricketts from Bolton Wanderers for a fee believed to be around 6 million. This transfer is a strange one. Ricketts used to play for Crdiff's arch enemies, Swansea and its rumoured that a number of fans were going to protest this signing. Winston held a press conference saying that it was a proffesional decision based on what is good for the club. Many fans are still not happy but Winston is confident Ricketts will impress.

15761.jpg

The other two players to arrive at Cardiff are promising youngsters, Rodrigo Pastorini and Andrej Kramaric. WInston is hopeful of more arrivals soon.

The whole of the Cradiff squad is available. Apart from fan favourite Joe Ledley. It will take a good offer to get Chopra and Whittingham but they are available. Most players can leave for cash.

100_1202377805.gif

_R4H9122_1.JPG

Erton Fejzullahu Makes Cagliari Switch From NEC.

Earlier Today, Swedish 21 year old striker Erton Fejzullahu completed his £4.4million move from dutch club NEC to Italy and Cagliari Calcio. The Sweish under 21 International, said he realishes the chance to compete in one of the most illustious league's in the world, and hopes to further his career in Italy.

5th Tier British Side Morecambe Appoint Beddie as manager!!

Lowly British side Morecambe announced in a press conference that Japanese-American manager Tadashi Beddie as their new manager.

"This is something new for me" Beddie said, and it certainly is something new, as the SMFA Cup winning manager uasually sticks to the elites of each country, having managed many clubs throughout his career including Club America, Inter. Milan, Barcelona, Hamberger SV and Feyenoord just to name a few. "I hope that I can be as successful here as I have been anywhere else. Our goal is to get past the 3rd round of each the Shield and Cup, and to somehow make it into the 4th division for next season, whether it be through league placements or play-offs."

Beddie has already made a couple of transfer offers to over a dozen clubs, as well as loan offers to 3 clubs, and has already even sent a player home after being unimpressed.

"Garry [O'connor] was a good player, a great striker, but he didn't fit within my plans. I was not very impressed with the signings the the manager before me had made for the new season prior him leaving. I want to make a young squad. I do hope to get some good loans in, and all the loanies will be first team players, but Garry [O'Connor] wasn't the type of player that I was looking for."

As for the players that he is aiming to sign, he gave a small comment:

"I do have some players in my sight that I am confident of signing very soon, but I also have others that will have to wait, due to our financial situation. I plan to build a young squad, though, and give this squad a "makeover". Although Doyle is an amazing goal keeper and that the manager before me bought him for a relatively good deal, I have another Goalkeeper on in my sights, that will be traded for him once his transfer ban is lifted. I will say this though, I plan to "import" some talent from many places. This season, Morecambe will have players from Japan, Ghana, Hungary, Serbia, Bosnia, Germany, Slovenia, Holland, Ireland, Iceland, Scotland, Estonia, Slovakia, Belgium, and France playing alongside the Britts, Italian, Irish, Scottish and Welsh talent we already have. If we are lucky, we may also see some talent from Denmark and Spain join us as well."

Finally, Beddie addressed the size of Morecambe's current home stadium, Christie Park.

1580197521_41028222f5.jpg?v=00,,10794~3777272,00.gif

Christie Park

"Its hard for us to make money, being in the 5th division, but it is especially so when we have a small stadium. I don't think that we will be seeing any upgrades during this season, but if we progress to the 4th division, I hope to see more seats added, and if we move to the 3rd in two season time, as it is our goal, I am very sure that it will be upgraded. All that I can say now though, is that it is a big disadvantage to us as a club, when other clubs such as Darlington (that have a stadium capacity of 25,000), Wrexham (15,550), Notss Country (19,588), and Port Vale (22,356) have such bid stadiums, while we (Christie Park capacity: 6,400) have such a small one.

l_101.gif

691.gif

Disappointing start

2_front_small.pngCardiff City 0 - 1 Doncaster25_front_small.png

S. RALSTON (8)

The English second division kicked off tonight with Cardiff City welcoming Doncaster to the Cardiff City stadium. Bluebirds boss, Dai Winston has been disappointed with the transfer market since taking over stating that he wanted to sell some of his squad to fund moving for players he thought could help the team push for promotion. This didn't happen as bids for players just didn't come in.

The match was pretty even and it could have gone either way. Cardiff will be unhappy with not getting a goal. Something they will be working on in training this week. Hopefully with some fresh faces before the next league game.

Winston has secured the signings of a few Welsh youth players though. Goalkeeper, Rhys Taylor joined from Chelsea. Christian Ribeiro from Colchester. Darcy Blake rejoined the club from Plymouth. Winston was also delighted to secure the signing of Andy King from Leicester. Big things are expected of King.

Good Start for Morecambe

Morecambe kicked off their first campaign under new manager Tadashi Beddie with a comfortable win against Altrincham. New signings by Beddie, Jonathan (on loan), Usami, and S. Adams all made their debuts, as did new off-season signings from before Beddie, Doyle, Belmonte, and Butler.

Morecambe won 3-1, with goals from Mullin, Butler, and 20 year old Sadick Adams. The young Ghanian striker also made the contribution of an assist, and was awarded man of the match.

l_101.gif

691.gif

The old enemy get SMASHED!

98_front_small.pngSwansea City 1 - 4 CARDIFF CITY2_front_small.png

P. WHITTINGHAM (14)

S. MCPHAIL (42)

M. CHOPRA (53)

J. BOTHROYD (63)

C. BEATTIE (74)

44_1209755861.jpg68_1209755861.jpg1217_1209755861.jpg121_1245704165.jpg

There are mad scenes in Cardiff City centre tonight as their fans celebrate an amazing win against fierce rivals Swansea City at the Liberty Stadium tonight. Winston was looking to this game as a platform to launch the season following the opening day loss. Not only have the fans been won over by this one result but the board were praising Winston's influence already.

The game was tight at times and the scoreline might flatter Cardiff slightly. They deserved the victory but Swansea will be disappointed with missing a good number of chances.

Following the game, stewards at the Liberty Stadium got "heavy" with the Cardiff fans as they were kept behind after the game to save any trouble. Something sparked the stewards into violent reactions towards the Bluebirds fans as they sang and celebrated. Winston has asked for a full investigation as he feels the fans deserve that much.

380_Image_PA_swansea_cardiff_police_edited.jpg

( An investigation will be made into whether Cardiff fans were mis-treated )

l_101.gif

691.gif

Cardiff hit four, again

191_front_small.pngMiddlesbrough 1 - 4 Cardiff City2_front_small.png

C. BURKE (12), (13)

J. LEDLEY (22)

L. MILLER (33)

S. MCPHAIL (78)

5039_1209755861.jpg401_1245704173.jpg68_1209755861.jpg

Cardiff have continued their great away form with another classy performance. This time they travelled up to the North of England to take on Middlesbrough. 'Boro are contenders for the Championship this season so it was important to get a result against them and prove that the Bluebirds mean business.

They had the perfect start, taking a three goal lead after just a quarter of the game. Captain, Joe Ledley had a very good game, earning the man of the match award also. Winston has put alot of faith in his captain this season and he is believed to be the key to Cardiff's promoition push.

100_1266376174.jpg

0013729ece6b0ccc9aed2a.jpg

Egyptian International Mohamed 'Gedo' Nagy Joins Cagliari

Italian Serie A side Cagliari complete theyre 14th signing under the guidance of Coach Nick Justice, The Englishman has brough in Egyptian International Mohamed 'Gedo' Nagy from The Egyptian Premier league side Ittihad, the Midfielder Joins fellow Egyptian Abdel Shafi who was brough in earlier this month by Justice also, the reason behind these transfers is that Justice send a scout to both the ACON and to Scout Egypt and both players where picked out as being great players. Gedo was also joined by brazilian Striker Marcelo today. The Duo completed their moves during Cagliairi 3-0 win over Chievio last night and were seen in the stands watching the game, to see there new club in action!

l_101.gif

691.gif

Another Bluebird goal fest

2_front_small.pngCardiff City 5 - 1 Bristol City10_front_small.png

A. BRUNO GAMA (21)

J. BOTHROYD (29)

P. WHITTINGHAM (31)

M. CHOPRA (36)

A. KING (44)

C. BURKE (51)

121_1245704165.jpg44_1209755861.jpg1217_1209755861.jpg30335_1220945527.jpg5039_1209755861.jpg

The Cardiff City stadium was treated to an awesome display by their team tonight. The Bluebirds are in great goal scoring form in the Championship and continued that against a very poor Bristol City side.

Alexandre Bruno Gama gave Bristol a shock lead after twenty minutes. The Portuguese star is very much the stand out player at Bristol and they will find it very hard to keep him at Ashton Gate. Their lead only lasted eight minutes and Cardiff took control of the game, scoring four goals within fifteen minutes. They deserved their half time lead but the scoreline might have been slightly harsh on Bristol.

Just the one goal in the second half, going to Cardiff. On the whole, Bristol played some decent football but Cardiff were just too good. Youngster, Andy King was awarded the man of the match award. Winston is a huge fan of the Welsh U21 International and said King would be a regular started this season. Especially after the display tonight.

l_101.gif

691.gif

Its FOUR, AGAIN!

7_front_small.pngBlackpool 1 - 4 Cardiff City2_front_small.png

I. SHECHTER (18)

R. MCCORMACK (23), (47)

M. CHOPRA (34)

P. MORALES (87)

5044_1238924532.jpg1217_1209755861.jpg19856_1219484702.jpg

Cardiff are taking the Championship by storm this season. They have scored four goals for the fourth League game in a row. They are playing some wonderful football under their new manager and the fans are already starting to hail Winston as the new messiah that could take the club to the heights of the Premiership.

There is a long way to ge yet this season so Winston wants to keep his players grounded as much as possible as complacency might set in and thats where things will start going wrong. Winston's post match interview focussed on the fact that the team haven't kept a clean sheet all season. He seemed slightly worried and mentioned that he might be looking to strengthen in that area in the coming days.

Cardiff's scoring run comes to an end tonight as they suffer a 1-0 loss away to Leicester City. Ross McCormack and Kyle McNaughton were both sent off for the Bluebirds. Disappointing but not the end of the world.