CAN'T WIN with the BEST team of the championship!

str8jackit

I can't believe in this... I was champion 2 seasons ago, on last round draw in points with the 1rst, now... I can't win a game even with a better team than last seasons.

Can anyone help me? I need a new tactic for my new squad. Can anyone tell me what to use, and wich instrutions should I give to team?

My Squad is:

CASILLAS, Iker - Gk - 96

MESSI, Lionel - Fwd/AM - 98

MAICON, Douglas - RB - 95

SERGIO RAMOS, García - RB/CB - 94

LAHM, Philipp - RB/LB - 93

DANI ALVES, Silva - RB/RM - 94

PIQUE, Gerard - CB/DM - 92

ALBIOL, Raúl - CB/RB - 92

MARCELO, Vieira - LM/LB - 90

RONALDO, Cristiano - Wing/Fwd - 98

FABREGAS, Cesc - CM/AM - 95

SNEIJDER, Wesley - AM/CM - 94

PATO, Alexandre - Fwd - 92

Re: CAN'T WIN with the BEST team of the championship!

352 defensive, slow, down both flanks, mixed passing, messi as playmaker, pato as playmaker.

Casillas

Maicon, Ramos, Lahm

Pique

Alves, Fabregas, Sneijder, Ronaldo

Messi, Pato

Midfield 4 on forward runs, Pique running back. Try Pato diagonally behind Messi or Messi diagonally behind Pato :)

I also had this, but I think I know the problem. As I see you have only young attackers. My experience is that you need at least one attacker that is 28 years old or older. Go check the goal scorer's list of last season, you'll see that 75 % of the players is older than 28. So buy an old attacker like Van Nistelrooy, he'll stay at the top for a few seasons.

When you need different tactics, check the "Guide for newcomers".

You might try 3-5-2

------------------Casillas

----------Maicon - Albiol - Lahm

-------------------Pique

Dani Alves - Fabregas - Sneijder - Ronaldo

----------------Pato - Messi

--------------------------

Tackling Style ------- Mentality

Normal --------------- Normal

Passing Style ------- Attacking Style

Direct---------------- Mixed

Tempo -------------- Pressing

Normal --------------- Own Half

Play Style

Counter Attack - No

Men Behind Ball - No

Tight Marking - No

Play Offside Trap - No

Use Playmaker - No

Use Target Man - No

Captain - Casillas

Penalty Taker - Messi

Free Kicks - Sneijder

Corner Taker - Marcelo

Playmaker - Fabregas

Target Man - Messi

--------------------------

Honestly though Mate you have like the 4 best RB's in the game and no LB's or DM's, also you have no squad depth, which probably has something to do with losing the league. No point having the best squad if you don't have anyone who can fill in when 1 gets injured or having 4 RB's and no where to play them.

3-5-2 formation has been suffering recently (there are few threads in tactical section). many managers who had enjoyed success with the formation in the past have admitted that the system has made it difficult for it to win now a days. i'd suggest you to go with 4-1-3-2 formation. it has worked wonders with my newcastle united......

I haven't noticed that yet, 3-5-2 is still doing wonders for me, In one of my setups, Arsenal, top of the league, only lost 2 so far this season played 21 matches, good defensive record 23 let in, only Newcastle (plays 4-1-3-2) is better with 22. Highest scoring team amassing a total 58 goals, Tottenham (plays 4-4-2) the next best with 54 goals, then onto 3rd place Newcastle 39 Goals scored.

My Bradford team (3-5-2), 5 played = 5 won Goals scored = 17, goals against = 4 , leagues top scoring team, 1st in the league, best defence in the league

Leeds United (3-5-2), 17 played 2 loses, 1st in the league, goals scored = 40 (once again leagues top scoring team), 3rd best defence letting in 19 goals,

2nd = 18 (Unmanaged 4-4-2)

1st = 17 (Unmanaged 4-4-2)

Do I need to go on...

for me, 3-5-2 is still working well too :D

u can try 4-4-2 with short passing and defensive strategy, counter attack, men behind ball, hard tackling and tight marking (this works pretty well with one of my team). Anyway, you'll need some LB for this strategy to work.