E-Mail From SM

Flux

Hey guys,

In a spot of bother. :confused:

I just got this e-mail supposedly from SoccerManager. The sender was 'Alan Ian' and the e-mail message subject was 'Soccermanager'. I was immediately suspicious of this as this wasn't a very convincing subject title, it even missed out the capital 'M' on manager.

I was reluctant to open it, but seem's I had a good security programme (Kaspersky) I opened it.

I was also cautious because the sender's e-mail address was a Hotmail one, and I know for a fact that SM wouldn't have a Hotmail address, it would be something like 'BlahBlahBlah@SoccerManager.com'.

This is what it looked like:

SMDodgyE-Mail.png?t=1266247870

Did anyone else get this message?

Please let me know, thanks.

Re: E-Mail From SM

I received this message in my forum inbox (private messages).

It was titled:

SPAM.

Recipients: Aaron_Dhandli, Fercasti, gadga, Grotolo, Vorxstiengort

The message read:

Your computer was noticed in email spam. It is quite possible that it is a part of botnet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botnet). Strongly recommend you to scan your computer for malware. You can do it online, for example, at:

http://virus-total.in/detected/spamm...andli;Fercasti

Please, follow this. Otherwise I have to send abuse mail to your ISP with all the ensuing consequences.

Thank you, Reuben Allen.

The sender was:

Rubieeallenn

Banned

I have not clicked on any of the links. This is concerning though. Has anyone else received this message? Should I report this user? If so, how do I report it properly?

I received this message in my forum inbox (private messages).

It was titled:

The message read:

The sender was:

I have not clicked on any of the links. This is concerning though. Has anyone else received this message? Should I report this user? If so' date=' how do I report it properly?[/quote']

Its a spam bot mate. Just out of interest, what time exactly did you receive this PM? I banned him earlier, yet he is still online and still sending PM's (or so I'm read to believe :confused:).

I got a similar one, I just reported it and he was banned soon after,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear, JEDISTEVE;amer;alareaviks;Aitken123;Skytown!

A virus alert was noticed on your computer.

We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately:

If you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).

----------------------------------------------------

Forum Administration forum.soccermanager.com.

i received this

Dear, Ninydrend;Ant Spencer;Dabzo;Fabregas.;Kevthered!

We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://securitytool2010.com/Ninydrend;Ant Spencer;Dabzo;Fabregas.;Kevthered

If you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).

i didnt click the site just incase what should i do? i have no viruses...

find out where it came from, then report them. If it was on SoccerManager you recieved this message, contact support,

also, delete the message as soon as possible, and also edit your message to remove the link, as it would download a virus onto the persons computer

ps, you don't have a virus... they just want to get a virus on you

find out where it came from' date=' then report them. If it was on SoccerManager you recieved this message, contact support,

also, delete the message as soon as possible, and also edit your message to remove the link, as it would download a virus onto the persons computer

ps, you don't have a virus... they just want to get a virus on you[/quote']

I had a message like that the other day.

It said something like' date=' go on this website to get rid of all your virus problems. I immediately deleted the message as I had heard that someone had got thousands of Virus's/Trojan's for clicking the link.[/quote']

thanks alot , repped both of u

I've just received the following suspicious email which supposedly comes from "BOARD SUPPORT" and starts

"Dear, kindan001;MdotBIZZLE;Soccahappy;F.Ribery;oasphonic !

We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: "

Followed by a webmail address: Then finishes off:-

"If you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).

Forum Administration forum.soccermanager.com. "

I've heard even deleting a post can infect your computer, I take it that is fake but can SM confirm this & tell us what they can do to stop it?

I've just received the following suspicious email which supposedly comes from "BOARD SUPPORT" and starts

"Dear' date=' kindan001;MdotBIZZLE;Soccahappy;F.Ribery;oasphonic !

We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: "

Followed by a webmail address: Then finishes off:-

"If you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).

Forum Administration forum.soccermanager.com. "

I've heard even deleting a post can infect your computer, I take it that is fake but can SM confirm this & tell us what they can do to stop it?[/quote']

Yes that was the one I was sent today, seems there is a spammer on the forum, but that user has been banned now.

I just logged in for the 1st time today and found this in my inbox, Scared the poop out of me until i found this thread, I only scanned my comp this morning so suspected it was a fake straight away.

Anyway how do i go about this now, Is there a way too report it too S.M.? Also am i safe to just delete it? I did notice it had a link on it they wanted me to click but im not that daft, lol:).......................................

This is there message=

Private Message: Warning! Next time we will have to complaint to your ISP.

Recipients: brokenbottleinthehall, hummerhead132, jonez, nathan94, neweartmud

Today, 03:10 AM

BoardSupport

Banned

BoardSupport is a handy alternative to have on the bench

Send a message via ICQ to BoardSupport

Default Warning! Next time we will have to complaint to your ISP.

Dear, neweartmud;jonez;hummerhead132;nathan94;brokenbott leinthehall!

We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately:

Since you've now found the edit button it may be a good idea to delete your last two posts and edit the first ;)

Ok done, Thanks Ryan i didnt know i could just edit or even delete messages once they were posted. So what can i do about the dodgy message then? Shall i just delete it or can i report it somehow?:confused:

Ok done' date=' Thanks Ryan i didnt know i could just edit or even delete messages once they were posted. So what can i do about the dodgy message then? Shall i just delete it or can i report it somehow?:confused:[/quote']

Well the guy that sent you the message has already been banned so you don't really need to report it. If it happens again then you should just send a private message to a mod or admin (names will be in blue or red) and they will deal with it.