Gold Championship 100 Match Reports | Transfers

Kez

Re: Gold Championship 100 Match Reports | Transfers

Lets be fair Romano.....I absolutely battered you on chances.

count yourself lucky with the 2-2 ;):)

Im very consistent at the minute I never win' date=' I never lose....ive got draw fever :P[/quote']

6 SOTs for me, 7 for you... looks pretty even to me. :D;)

Absolutely ridiculous, my offers were no better or worse than the one that has been accepted for Hart. Clearly, it wasn't the deals that the SMFA were taking offence to, and it can't be Hammer either since I've never dealt with him (well, once, but under a different alias I believe) and he actually agreed a deal with another club before settling for Bayern's offer (notice how the offer from CSKA Moskva wasn't blocked either).

So, I can only deduce that it is I, the notorious cheat that I am on this game (:rolleyes:), who has upset the SMFA. Honestly, I can feel myself warping into CB... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: lulz

* Not a dig at you Hammer, or you Kevin for that matter. Just angry with the SMFA.

Absolutely ridiculous' date=' my offers were no better or worse than the one that has been accepted for Hart. Clearly, it wasn't the deals that the SMFA were taking offence to, and it can't be Hammer either since I've never dealt with him (well, once, but under a different alias I believe) and he actually agreed a deal with another club before settling for Bayern's offer (notice how the offer from CSKA Moskva wasn't blocked either).

So, I can only deduce that it is I, the notorious cheat that I am on this game (:rolleyes:), who has upset the SMFA. Honestly, I can feel myself warping into CB... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: lulz

* Not a dig at you Hammer, or you Kevin for that matter. Just angry with the SMFA.

Mate how you think I feel lost on some big depth game but you have Julio anyway so no worrys your way but sad that we could not deal.

Another thing is a manager message me saying that if i did not do his deal he would not do the deal we came to in another setup before i even joined back in to this one makes me chuckle he has been reported.

stuttgart-4.jpg

German Shield Semi-Final

Werder Bremen 1 - 0 Stuttgart

Kept faith with the reserves and they are beaten by a strong looking Bremen XI by a single goal. In fairness, Ray's side were probably worthy of another goal or two on the stats so no complaints on the result.

The real bad news from the match for us was the injury sustained by Mehdi Benatia. The Moroccan suffered a broken metatarsal and will be out for 9 weeks.

2068387189-soccer-barclays-premier-league-arsenal-v-birmingham-city-emirates-stadium.jpg

Hart Close To Big Munich Move!

Come to a 2 part deal getting a Keeper - Def and ST so happy with that.

A good deal for little Birmingham!

The last days I gambled and sold Shirokov and Vossen for cash, just to gain enough money to be able to make the maximum cash-bid for Hart. :o

When HAMMER took over Birmingham today I've also tried to get him, but in the end there was no chance for me to battle Barca and Bayern.

Birmingham City News!

41650_1308251976.jpg3824_1283981566.jpg25347_1295884483.jpg7403_1210094609.jpg

4 New Players In To Birmingham City!

Today Birmingham City has welcomed 4 new players to there team, English CB Chris Smalling joined on a 4 year deal, Russian LB Renat Yanbaev joined on a 3 year deal, Argentina ST Gonzalo Bergessio joined on a 4 year deal and star signing Morocco ST Marouane Chamakh joined on a 3 year deal we are still looking for depth here and have lost 32M and Joe Hart but we have a lot to gain from the deals done we are getting some grate depth in at the loss of 1 player.

Werder Bremen Update:

League form stutters but cup progress assured:

League:

Since the last update Werder Bremen have stuttered taking only three points from a possible twelve. A surprise home defeat to Wolfsburg has been followed by draws against Dortmund, Stuttgart and Hertha. Whilst no doubt this has been a tough run of fixtures Pauley is said to be dissapointed with the points return and had hoped for more.

"It is unfortunate as we have not shown our best lately perhaps we could have got more points than we did but this is a tough league and the sides here are amonst some of the toughest in the set-up. We still sit in second and with a slightly easier fixture list on paper upcoming we hope to make some headway in the coming weeks"

SMFA Champions Cup:

Another draw this time at home to Velez Sarsfield ensured progress to the last sixteen of the Champions League with two games to spare, which is a nice position to be in and will enable the reserves to gain more pitch time whilst being in the enviable position of resting some of our key men.

German Shield:

Werder navigated there way to the final with a slender victory over VFB Stuttgart, Pauley was slightly surprised at the Stuttgart line-up who were much changed whilst Werder started with 8 regulars, but Werder wasted no time taking advantage to make there way to a final with Hamburg as Werder look to defend the title they won last year. Star man Luka Modric scoring the decisive winning goal.

"We are delighted to reach yet another final, this club is all about winning there are not many trophies you can win so we endevour to try and win every competition we enter, this one is no different, we want to create a legacy of success and in my mind success can only be judged by trophies. We have a very tough final upcoming against a decent Hamburg and we will have to be at our very best to retain the German Shield"

Not much to report on the transfer front with one in and one out. Japanese striker Morimoto left to return to Italy and Catania for 4.8M whilst Werder have signed Eran Zahavi for a fee of 6m. The Israel has joined Palermo in real life and Werder have decided to take the gamble that he can establish himself and push on in rating during the next real-life season.

6354_1289476184.jpg20878_1286207665.jpg5804_1238663653.jpg2524_1209755861.jpg

Birmingham Bring in 4 More Big Names!

There is another 4 big names in to Birmingham City that come in the form of 22 year old GK David Ospina, the young Keeper has joined from Munich in a 6.1M deal it is known to press the young Keeper has joined as part of the Hart deal, and manager Redknapp has said he will do well here in the EPL.

Italy 30 year old Daniele Bonera has joined in a 7M deal the ex AC Milan Def has played for Chelsea and Liverpool but did not fit in well he has signed a 3 year deal but news out of Birmingham is he is out for 6 weeks.

Turkish CM Mehmet Aurelio has joined in a 2 year deal, the 33 year old joined for 6.2M and manager Redknapp has said the CM who should do well here will be a top name for the next few seasons, we was in need of a player to hold the Mid of the team and this is him we are in talks with him signing for another season, we need him as long as we can.

Italy CM Davide Biondini has also joined for 7M the 28 year old has joined on a 3 year deal he could be the key to the league said Redknapp when the star was having a medical manager Redknapp has also said that the 28 year old should be a key to this team.

17852_1209755861.jpg4781_1209755861.jpg34923_1220882661.jpg10435_1230029574.jpg

4 Players Who Should Fit In Well!

4 more players who should fit in well are 29 year old RB Andreas Hinkel - 24 year old Fwd Shinzo Koroki - 21 year old ST Jozy Altidore and 21 year old Stijn Wuytens the DM was the final signing thay all joined for 19.7M manager Redknapp has said the 4 stars should do well here.

Last night saw my Hertha pick up a 2-0 win away at the Imtech Arena to maintain our lead of the Bundesliga heading into the 1st of the mid-season breaks. :D An Eigler penalty and a goal from Piatti sealed the victory. :) The only downside was the 1 match ban that Pogatetz picked up from him red card in the 70th minute.

Also, just within the last hour, (real life) Marseille new-boy, Jeremy Morel joined from unmanaged Lorient for just over £14M. :D

Left Birmingham after signing some nice players 90's ect now with HSV again in the German league happy to be back boys.

One 90, not "some". Any chance of you sticking with a side for more than two minutes?

Anyway, Barcelona have placed a few youths on the transfer-list. Most of them will go to external/unmanaged, but there may be interest in one or two, most probably Sporting's promising winger, Diogo Salomao. He can leave for £4m.

~ Benfica News ~

Benfica head into the third leg of the SMFA Shield with a full strength side minus striker Claudio Pizarro, defender Yuto Yagatomo and defensive midfielder Gary Medel in their quest to bring the shield back to Portugal.

The Peruvian striker has been dropped for the away leg against Queen of the South after only scoring 3 times in 12 appearances since crossing from Bremen.

Coming into the side for Pizarro is Nikola Zigic who has scored 3 goals in his 2 appearances in the shield this season.

Zigic has also scored three times in the domestic league, winning two Man Of The Match awards from 5 starts.

Gary Medel and Yuto Yagatomo are cup tied and have been replaced by Goncalves Jonas and Sebastian Boenisch.

Benfica then have a five day break until their next domestic game against 5th placed Sporting CP where it will try to rejoin the winners circle after only picking up 2 points in the last two games after claiming draws against FC Porto and Maritimo.

Jose Bosingwa is still available for transfer. The 91 rated RB is seeking a move elsewhere and is hoping to leave Portugal before the end of the season.

Benfica Line-Up

Manuel Quim

Jose Bosingwa, Anderson Luisao, Sebastian Boenisch

Christian Trasch

Oleksandr Aliyev, Goncalves Jonas, Ribeiro Airton, Ricardo Quaresma

Nikola Zigic, Lukas Podolski

~ Benfica News ~

Benfica won it's away leg of the SMFA Shield last night against Queen of the South overnight. The game played at Palmerston Park was viewed by just under 4,000 fans who braved the weather despite the differences in quality on display.

Queen of the South were alive early, especially Spanish born Kike Sola who worked hard up and down the pitch. Sola had a number of opportunities early, narrowly missing on two occasions. Sola also worked hard to get behind the ball, blocking shots and winning the disputed ball.

The first real chance for Benfica came in the 19th minute through Ricardo Quaresma who cannoned a shot into the bar from 25 yards.

David Lilley found himself with the ball just outside the box and managed to move it on to Derek Holmes who struck the ball perfectly to put Queen of the South 1-0 ahead after 26 minutes, much to the shock of the entire stadium.

Benfica continued to look 2nd class until German Lukas Podolski decided to go on a solo effort, cleaning up in defense and counter attacking with blistering speed through the midfield and defense and chipping the advancing keeper to level the scores at 1-1 just before the break.

The second half saw Peruvian Claudio Pizarro enter the game along with Ruben Amorim and Joao Miranda.

After setting up Souths first goal, David Lilley failed to clear the ball from the 6 yard box. The ball came back in quickly and Nikola Zigic was able to go around the keeper and score an easy goal putting Benfica up 2-1 in the 49th minute.

From that moment, it was all Benfica, showing superior skill and class on and off the ball.

After showing poor form in all leagues and coming on as a substitute, Pizarro had a point to prove and pushed through the defense and scored a goal in the 70th minute to all but seal the game.

Nine minutes later, Nikola Zigic found himself completely unmarked and was able to hit home the simplest of shots from 10 yards out.

The game finished there, Benfica winning 4-1 after the early challenge from South and now heading into the 2nd leg of the Shield with a comfortable lead.

The double from Nikola Zigic puts him equal on the goals list along with Robbie Keane who also scored twice in Celtics 4-0 win over Cagliari.

Benfica will now host the 2nd leg at home on the 25th of July and will be hoping for another win to push them through to the last 8.

TOP.jpg

League Update

Half way through the season and Ray's Bremen side are justified leaders with an excellent return of 51 goals from 17 games - way ahead of everyone else. 2nd placed Hertha have based their success on a solid defence with just 11 goals conceded to date and are tied for points with the leaders.

The leading two have a four point buffer over 3rd placed Wolfsburg who lead the tightly congested chasing pack with just 4 points separating 4th placed Stuttgart from 10th placed Dortmund.

Stiflers Title odds:

Werder Bremen Evens

Hertha 2/1

Wolfsburg, Stuttgart, Bayern Munich 4/1

Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen 8/1

Nurnberg 15/1

Go on boys, prove me wrong!

German Shield

Tomorrow will see the first major silverware being taken in Germany with leaders Bremen and Hamburg going head to head.

SMFA Cup

Going into the final matchday, Werder Bremen have already qualified from Group E but Leverkusen and Bayern still need results to qualify. In group A, Leverkusen must not lose to Sporting CP in order to retain their current 2nd place. For Bayern in Group D, a win over surprise group leaders Greenock Morton is a must for qualification.

SMFA Shield

The German contingent participating in the Shield will definitely get smaller as Stuttgart face off with Wolfsburg. Stuttgart lead 3-0 from leg 1 leaving the VW boys with it all to do in the return.

Frankfurt take a 3-1 lead to defend in Spain versus Mallorca but Gary's boys are strong enough to see that out.

Koln and Nurnberg need to overturn 1 goal deficits against Santander and Kayserispor respectively if they are to progress to the quarter finals.

Werder Bremen Update:

Final hertache but League form remains steady:

League:

Werder Bremen have amassed seven points from the final three games. This sequence started with a quite amazing game against Eintracht Frankfurt which saw a 7-3 victory, followed by a nervy win against lowly Alemenia Aachen. Last night saw a slightly dissapointing draw against Hamburg after dominating the game but letting a lead slip.

Werder are currently four points clear at the top from Herta and VFB Stuttgart but many teams are moving in close behind them, so a good run of form is required to keep the challengers at bay.

German Shield:

Werder Bremen suffered final heartache after a 3-2 defeat to Hamburg. Despite absolutely dominating proceedings throughout and having a 2-1 lead Werder somehow proceeded to lose the game and there hold on the German Shield. Especoially difficult defeat to take as we played so well but we must regroup and try to push on for the rest of the season.

Transfer news has seen club legend Torsten Frings leave the club in a 9M move to Boca Juniors, he has been replaced by real-life Parma midfielder Daniele Gallopa who arrived for 10M and should be capable of doing a decent job in replacing Frings in the central area

Werder Bremen Update:

Not to much to report as more friendleys appear :(

League:

Just the one game since the last update saw Werder Bremen notch up a decent 2-0 home win against a more than capable FC Koln. The game was a finely balanced affair but late pressure saw goals from Khederia and Giuseppe Rossi fire Werder Bremen five points clear at the top from FC Nurnberg with Champions Bayern making a big charge up the table in third and looking menacing.

SMFA Champions Cup:

The reserves/youth side slipped to a 2-1 defeat at Manchester City in what was a nothing game for the German club who had already qualified, coming out of the game with no injuries was the main exercise. The draw for the last 16 was not kind as Werder drew Bayern Munich in an all German clash, Bayern will be favourites and Werder do not have a great record against the Bavarian giants. Werder were hopeful of getting a more favourable draw looking at some of the clubs left in the Competition but alas it was not meant to be.

stuttgart-4.jpg

I HATE FRIENDLY BREAKS!!!!!

VfB inexplicably lost to a rubbish unmanaged 1860 Munich last time out to drop out of the SMFA Champions Cup places - a positive result against the resurgent Bayern is a must next time out!

Eintracht Frankfurt take control of the SMFA Shield Quarter Final with a convincing 1st leg victory over Racing Santander, winning 4-1, thanks to goals from Gekas, Jelen and a brace from Pedersen, the friendly break will give the players time to recover to try and get the league form back on track, as we are now sitting in 10th place, 5 points off the SMFA Shield spots.

100STUTTGART-1.jpg

After a mini collapse a few weeks back, Die Rotten are back in the mix after back to back wins over Nurnberg and Kaiserslautern.

Bad news recently - we exited the SMFA Shield at the QF stage, going out on away goals after a 2-2 aggregate result against Celtic.

Good news recently - the legend that is Ji-Sung Park has arrived at the Mercedes from Lazio - Konstantin Rausch and Victor Montano heading to Rome in exchange.

VFBPark.jpg