Gold Championship 100 Match Reports | Transfers

Kez

Re: Gold Championship 100 Match Reports | Transfers

Werder Bremen Update:

Werder continue to put pressure on the chasing pack:

League

Werder Bremen have managed to take 9 from 9 since the last update with the best result being a 2-1 defeat of a very good Schalke. A comfotable win over TSG Hoffenheim followed by a good win at lowly TSV munich given how the circumstances of the game went with Werder reduced to ten men for a large spell before Suarez stepped up to the plate with two late goals to grab a vital three points.

Werder currently sit six points clear of Champions Bayern Munich who are on a massive winning roll and relentlessly keeping the pressure on Werder. Wolfsburg have sprung a bit of a surprise to sit third a further two points behind with Nurnberg and Stuttgart being the best of the rest at this stage ten points off the pace. The next League game for Werder....Bayern Munich in an absolutely vital clash at the Weserstadion.

SMFA Champions Cup:

This whole report seems linked to Bayern Munich as the two clubs met in the last sixteen. The first Leg at the Allianz Arena saw a confident and imposing Werder bremen open up a 3-1 lead and in most people's eyes serene progress that was until a quite riveting 2nd leg.

Bayern Munich showed there class to go 3-0 up and into an aggregate lead as Werder Bremen toiled, however to our credit Werder regrouped and showed tremendous heart and courage to get the tie back level through Suarez before a Montolivio goal after 74mins and some desperate defending saw Werder through to the last eight.

The draw was again very harsh on Werder as we drew probably the best side left in the competition and group stage rivals AC Milan with the first leg at the Weserstadion.

100STUTTGART-1.jpg

Stuttgart sit 3rd in the league - 11 points behind the leaders Bremen and just 5 points ahead of 9th placed Leverkusen. I suspect many twists in the race for the Champions League places and SMFA Shield places by the end of the season!

VfBJimenezRoberto.jpg

On the back of Park's arrival, Die Rotten also complete the signing of highly rated goalkeeper Jimenez Roberto from Zaragoza for £9m. After spending most of last season IRL as Benfica's number 1, Roberto was eventually disposed and loaned back to Zaragoza who have recently bought him outright for £8m. Roberto is highly capable and could push on from his current 87 rating with a good season in La Liga this year.

Squad now looks like...

STUTTGART-5.jpg

100STUTTGART-1.jpg

A win for us and dropped points from Bayern put us into 2nd place. No chance of catching Ray in the form he is in, but I'll be satisfied with a Champions League place.

Orlando Engelaar has left the club to join Fenerbahce for £11m..... made a £3.1m profit on him and he was no longer required so happy days.

Werder Bremen Update:

Werder in top gear

League:

Werder Bremen have made it a spectacular six wins on the bounce courtesy of another trio of top performances.

The highlight being the absolute crushing of Champions Bayern Munich as the Weserstadion with one of the best performances of my reign in charge. Bayern were left shell-shocked by a first half onslaught as goals from Modric,Reyes and a brace from Suarez tore Bayern apart before Bayern scored a late consolation for a bit of respectability. This was followed by almost as good a result with a late goal providing a win at Champions League chasing Nurnberg. The latest result saw Werder continue there ruthless League form of late with a comprehensive 5-1 defeat of Kaiserslauten.

These results have left Werder Bremen an impressive twelve points clear of the chasing pack headed by Stuttgart and Bayern with 8 League games to go, Werder just need to hold there nerve and continue playing in the same attacking fashion and maybe just maybe we will have something to celebrate but many tough fixtures lay ahead and nothing can be taken for granted especially with a congested fixture list.

SMFA Champions Cup:

Werder Bremen struggled to a 2-2 draw with an extremely strong AC Milan in the first leg at the Weserstadion, twice Werder battled back from a goal behind to earn a draw and give them a slight chance to progress but in the fortress San Siro AC Milan will be favourites to progress.

German Cup:

A thumping win over a poor Freiburg has set up a tough task at Borussia Dortmund in the third round.

Not a lot to report transfer wise, although we have made two pleasing additions in the form of Man Utd youngster Ryan Tunnicliffe who impressed me in youth games I saw against my beloved Liverpool last year and German CB Phillip Woolscheid joins for 9.4m beating off competition from Borussia Dortmund, the young CB has impressed me in some games I have seen of him when watching German Footy on ESPN and should be good to make steady progression from his current 85 Rating. These transfers have been offset by the sale of some risers.

Eintracht Frankfurt's hopes of reaching the final of the SMFA Shield look to be over following a 2-4 home defeat in the 1st leg against Benfica. We need to pick up again in the league to try and qualify again for next season, currently we sit in 8th place, just 2 points off 4th, looks like it'll be another closely fought contest to qualify for the European places.

The injury to top scorer JELEN has not helped things, early season signing TAISON is starting to settle now following his red card early in his Eintracht career.

TOP-3.jpg

League

The Bundesliga now looks a one horse race with Bremen a full 12 points clear at the top. Things look much tighter below them with just 6 points between my Stuttgart in 2nd and Gary's Frankfurt in 8th.

3 unmanaged sides will get relegated (Cottbus!!!!) with Simon T looking sure to come up with Mainz to make the Bundesliga tougher again next year :D

Cup

Kez's Bayern exited in round 2 leaving most other managed still in the draw for round 3 where the tie of the round will be Dortmund v Bremen.

Hertha managed a 2-0 win away at Wolfsburg, making us unbeaten in the last 5 league games. The reliable Piatti and debutante Andre Dias with the goals. :) The result moves us up to 4th, 2 pts off 2nd!

PS Stifler, love the graphics as always. The squad summary one is a nice touch! :)

100STUTTGART-1.jpg

Soooooooooo tight for those SMFA slots with just 6 games to go.

Stuttgart's last 3 games -

League

(A) v Borussia Dortmund Lost 0-1

Deserved victory for Phil helped Bayern leapfrog us to 2nd.

Cup R3

(H) v Greuther Furth Won 1-0

Reserves progress via an Emenike goal - should have been by a larger margin.

League

(A) v Eintracht Frankfurt Won 5-2

Four goals from the leagues top marksman Mirko Vucinic plus a strike from Nilmar get us a valuable 3 points at the ever resilient Frankfurt. Just one point ahead of Hertha in that all important final Champions League place ..... and we face off against Romano's team on Saturday:eek:

VFBVeron.jpg

3 new players have arrived at the club this week. Juan Sebastien Veron joins from Lazio for £6.1m ... for sentimental reasons really (you've got to love Seba!).

VFBArmenteros.jpg

Fellow Argentine Emiliano Armenteros arrives from Tenerife for £5.5m. The 25 year old was flawless in the Segunda last year, helping Rayo Vallecano get promoted thanks to 20 goals in 36 starts. He has returned to Sevilla this year where he has been in and around the first team early doors so worth a punt that he can force his way into the team.

VFBEwerton.jpg

Finally, Young Brazilian centre-back Ewerton arrives as a free agent at the cost of £800k. The 22 year old has started the season as first choice at Braga and should prove a bargain for the money.

Werder Bremen Update:

So close, Werder edge towards title triumph:

League:

Two League games since the last update have seen Werder stretch there winning run in the League to nine straight wins. An excellent away victory at Bayer Leverkusen was followed by a much tougher game than expected before pulling through to defeat Monchengladbach 5-3 in another thrilling encounter involving Bremen, who are certainly the most entertaining side in the League for goals!!

These results see Bremen stretch the lead to 14points at the top with six games to play and would take a major collapse to allow there rivals to catch up. However nothing can be taken for granted with fixture congestion a real worry and the next run of League games all against some of the best sides in the Bundesliga complacency cannot be an issue. This starts tonight with a tough fixture at Wolfsburg where Pauley has made significant changes to the side with the SMFA Cup QF return match at Milan in mind. We are definetley underdogs but we want to go to Milan and give our best shot.

German Cup:

Werder Bremen progressed through to the Q/F with a terrific victory against Borussia Dortmund goals from Schurrle,Momtolivio and Reyes pulling us through. The Cup draw was again very unkind to Bremen who have had a shocking run of cup draws lately as we pulled Bayer Leverkusen out the hast for the last eight tie.

After seeing off two of their closest rivals in the form of Valencia and Atletico Madrid in the past two games, Barcelona have opened up a 14-point lead at the top of Division One in Spain. With just eight games left to play, it would appear that the Catalan giants are closing in on fourth successive league title. The first XI will be available for all of those remaining games after the club disappointingly exited the SMFA Champions Cup at the first knockout stage to Napoli, and the Spanish Cup in Round Two to Sevilla. Can anyone step up to the plate in Spain and knock Barcelona off their perch?

In transfer news, two more promising youngsters have been added to the esteemed youth academy at Barcelona. Uruguayan centre-forward Santiago Garcia joined from Spartak Moskva for a fee of £7.5m, while Thursday saw the arrival of exciting Turkish teenager Gokhan Tore for the princely sum of £9.6m.

Victor Ruiz did an inside job and passed me your tactics on the sly:)

Don't think he would have needed to. :o I rarely change them. :P

Well done mate. Top 3 is slipping away from me now, though. I would be content with a shield slot for next season, nonetheless. :)

100STUTTGART-1.jpg

VfB Stuttgart 2 - 0 Werder Bremen

Beat the champions in waiting thanks to a convincing performance at home. Unlikely to stop Ray at this point but the win keeps Nurnberg at bay for the all important SMFA Champions Cup place - they trail by 5 points with 3 games to go.

Fabio Coentrao and Mirko Vucinic with the goals.

100STUTTGART-2.jpg

Alemannia Aachen 0 - 1 Stuttgart

A strike from man of the match Cleverley is enough for the reserves to beat Alemannia and book a semi-final slot against Hertha.

My 2nd string won 3-0 at home to Arminia Bielefeld in my QF. The goals came from Murphy & on-loan pair Sigurdsson & Riviere. I look forward to our semi-final clash; I need to rectify the humping that your side gave me a couple of weeks ago and I'd love to make the final - so we're not short on motivation! :D

Oh and' date='

Romain HAMOUMA has completed his move to Hertha BSC from SM Caen for £7,660,000

happy with that as it further strengthens my options on the wings, however the squad is looking rather excessive atm so I think I will be culling the numbers come close-season. :)

HSV -

My first real team since leaving FC Klon all them seasons ago now been in charge 17 games and the past few seasons all I have seen is HSV fighting to stay up. Now in 12th place we are fighting up the league already got 52 points in 17 gmaes and doing well.

My side has signed a new keeper to take over for German shot stopper Rost in the form of Russian keeper Malafeev he is younger yes past 30 but still can do well.

Rost is now for sale the 89 rated keeper now plays for NY Red Bulls so yes be ready for a drop but you can not count out he is still a top keeper even at 38 keepers seem to play till at least 45.

Now going on the USA changes (Henry 89) (Beckham 89) both will keep it because of loan outs to top teams around the world when the season is on a brake could easy see Rost also heading out on loan to a team like QPR ect and getting English time under his belt.

Prediction after this season (88).

Can go to a managed team for 6M come on a solid keeper somone must want him.

Demel (87) has just joined WHU who should be back in the EPL by the end of the season, he should do well. See him dropping to 86 but can easy get back the 87/88 when in the EPL can go for CMV.

An 8-0 win over Almeria seals Barcelona their fourth straight league title with four games to spare, leading second-placed Real Madrid by a whopping 14 points.

Strongly considering leaving this set-up once the season is officially over...will mull it over before deciding...

Werder Bremen Update:

Werder collapse title chances rated as "minimal"

League:

From the brink of a title triumph Werder Bremen have contrived to lose four matches on the bounce to Wolfsburg,Dortmund, Stuuttgart and Hertha. From a position fourteen points clear Werder now sit just four points ahead of Bayern and five ahead of Stuttgart with two games to play.

" I can feel it slipping away and presently I feel powerless to stop it, what has worked so well for us all season has failed at the vital stage and I cant see where our next point is coming from we are in freefall, Im not sure how to lift the players. We have clearly been the best side this season yet in all likelihood we are looking like throwing it all away"

SMFA Champions Cup:

Werder Bremen produced a miraculous display to advance to the Semi-Finals courtesy of a miracle victory at AC milan. With the score locked at 2-2 after the first leg in Germany, Werder travelled over with optimism however that looked to be shattered when they trailed 3-0 after 40minutes, however the mother of all 2nd half displays saw an amazing turnaround inspired by the genius of Giuseppe Rossi whose Hat-trick helped Werder to a 5-4 victory on the night and a passage to the semi's where we face Bayer Leverkusen.

German Cup:

Werder Bremen advanced to the semi-finals coutesy of a comfotable home win against Bayer Leverkusen. The win sees us through to a tie with second division Mainz who have a very good side and will provide a big obstacle to another Domestic Cup final.

After being top 5 for a long time, Schalke hit disastrous form, losing a barrage of games in big chunks.We're now resigned to no SMFA football next season barring a miracle.

Complete overhaul of tactics and the squad will follow as we consider options for next season.