Gold Championship 100 Match Reports | Transfers

Kez

Re: Gold Championship 100 Match Reports | Transfers

Benfica News

Benfica have stormed into the SMFA Shield final after a thrilling 2nd leg against Eintracht Frankfurt. The game was a goal feast with Benfica winning 5-4 and eventually winning 9-6 on aggregate.

Nikola Zigic who has already scored 10 times in the competition led the way with 3 assists but was not able to hit the score sheet.

The win sees Benfica take on Rennes in the final on the 25th and seemingly, the only way Rennes can beat Benfica is if they can shut down frontmen Zigic and Jonas who have 14 goals and 10 assists between them in this competition.

Werder Bremen Update:

Werder Bremen crowned Champions...eventually :o

League Matchday 33- Energir Cottbus 0 Werder Bremen 0

Bremen travelled to rock bottom awful Cottbus finally thinking this will be the day they will finally be crowned champions. A win should have been a formality but the reality was much different. Werder battered Cottbus from start to finish but the sense of occasion seemed to get to the players as there finishing was wasteful and despite constant pressure Werder failed to score and put a title that was in the bag in real jeopardy.

League Matchday 34- Eintracht Frankfurt 2 Werder Bremen 3

Werder travelled to Frankfurt knowing in reality a point would see them crowned champions and a defeat could see Stuttgart or Bayern leapfrog them on the final day. Werder needed a fast start and that is exactly what they got to settle the nerves as Suarez and Trochowski fired them two up within twenty minutes.

Frankfurt reponded through Jelen before another Suarez strike eased all the nerves, a late Frankfurt goal meant little as Werder's fans began an early celebration ending many years of hurt and crowning them Champions Of Germany two points clear of Bayern Munich and six of Stuttgart who took the remaining Champions League slot.

The media managed to grab a word with a beaming Pauley at the final whistle:

"I am absolutely delighted for all the fans, staff but more importantly players they have been a credit to the club, it is not easy to win in such a competitive League but the lads despite a big late wobble responded magnificently here today. The scenes of celebration are long overdue we have been many seasons work go into this moment and we are determined to enjoy it, if we had not won the League it would have been a travesty as we were clearly the best team in the League this season, there is an immense sense of relief and eletion at present and I can see the party going on well into the night"

Werder Bremen host Mainz tonight in the German Cup S/F where a scratch side will try and navigate a path to the final with all the first XI involved on Wed night it would be to much to ask the players especially when we have an SMFA Cup S/F Return Leg against Leverkusen on Sunday. The score ended in a 2-2 draw at Leverkusen as Werder's reserve side produced a decent display to give them a live chance of another Champions League Final although Leverkusen represents an enormous obstacle to that dream.

Ahhhh - gutted. :( Lost 5-4 on pens in the cup semi to Stifler, after a stalemate 90 minutes. Oh well, still a pretty successful first season in GC100, after qualifying for SMFA Shield, finishing 7th in a competitive league with an under-par squad (which has improved slightly over the season, IMO) and reaching a domestic semi-final.

Congratulations to Ray on the league win, and good luck to his good self and Stifler in the cup final! :)

After the loss of my main ST because of the manager before me not playing him I am happy to say 6M of the cash is heading out to bring in 88 rated Henry the ex Barcelona and Arsenal star should do well for a few season and to have one of the most powerfull Strike forces from a few seasons ago in England with Hennry and Van the man I feel both will do very well here.

It was not long ago both was 95 players.

100STUTTGART-2.jpg

5-gold-larger.png

Stuttgart finish the season on a high with an admittedly fortuitous victory over champions Bremen in the German Cup Final on penalties. Whilst this is a highly unsatisfactory way to win a cup, I am happy to take it as it gives me my first trophy in 4 seasons with my beloved Stuttgart.

Ray's side had the better of the game and despite going behind to an early Ramires strike, fought back to lead via a Modric double. Nilmar hit back with 13 to go to take the tie to pens which went all the way to sudden death ..... my side prevailing 6-5 in the end.

Adding this to SMFA Champions Cup qualification makes Season 4 into a highly profitable on for us, hopefully a proper title challenge will be in the offing next year.

ROLLOFHONOUR.jpgTOP.jpg

So, season 4 draws to a close and Ray has finally ended Kez's reign of terror with his Werder Bremen side breaking the stranglehold that the Bavarian giants have had to date over the league title.

Despite a brief glimmer of a shot at retaining their title for a fourth time thanks to Bremen's mini-collapse at the end of the season, Bayern must settle for second best. Behind Bayern in 3rd are my Stuttgart who along with both Bremen and Bayern will compete in the champions cup next year.

Wolfsburg continue to perform well after a mid-season change of boss and finish in 4th place, securing an SMFA Shield spot. They are joined by the ever impressive Nurnberg, Bayer Leverkusen and Hertha - who for a long time were looking good for a top 3 finish. RV will pleased with a top 7 finish in his first season in what has been a re-building job for him in Berlin.

Despite finishing in 8th and outside of the SMFA Shield spots, Phil will be taking Dortmund to the SMFA Shield party next season thanks to Stuttgart winning the German Cup. Hamburg's victory in the German Shield also books them a place.

Frankfurt, Schalke and Koln will be disappointed at missing out on SMFA football next year and will no doubt re-double their efforts for season 5.

Unmanaged Cottbus, 1860 and Bielefeld drop through the trapdoor to Division 2, to be replaced by a strong looking Mainz side who stormed the division this year. They will be accompanied by Hannover (unmananged) and the play-off winners.

Many thanks to all for still being here and making Germany100 one of my favourite GC's in an ever depressing world of rubbish GC's.

Frankfurt hope to do better next season after concentrating on the SMFA Shield and taking one eye off the league, which resulted in us finishing outside the SMFA spots for next season :(

Will be looking to freshen up the squad in the close season, with emphasis on quality not quantity.

One of my favourite GC's, despite the fact I win nothing here ;)

100STUTTGART-2.jpg

STUTTGART CLOSED SEASON DEALS

VFBRamires.jpgVFBCoentrao.jpg

Looking to make a few changes for next season - Ramires, Fabio Coentrao, Nilmar, Biglia, Cetin, Westermann, Vargas, Montano, Tim Howard, Geromel, Benatia, Aogo, Schieber etc, etc are all available for p/e dealings.

100STUTTGART-2.jpg

STUTTGART CLOSED SEASON DEALS

VFBRamires.jpgVFBCoentrao.jpg

Looking to make a few changes for next season - Ramires' date=' [b']Fabio Coentrao[/b], Nilmar, Biglia, Cetin, Westermann, Vargas, Montano, Tim Howard, Geromel, Benatia, Aogo, Schieber etc, etc are all available for p/e dealings.

Don't expect there to be, but if there's anyone you're interested in @ Hertha then I'd be interested in a lot of your players. :)

100STUTTGART-2.jpg

PIATTI TO JOIN AS STUTTGART BEGIN DEALINGS....

VfBPiatti.jpg

The young Argentine forward Pablo Piatti will be joining Stuttgart from Hertha after swift negotiations were concluded for the player. Heading in the opposite direction to Berlin will be Mehdi Benatia and Sven Ulreich.

With Victor Ruiz returning from loan and Tim Howard and Roberto already in place, I am happy that I have cover for Benatia and the soon to rise Ulreich and am delighted to have added depth and flexibility to the attacking third, where I was a little short last year.

More deals to follow I am sure :)..............

Werder Bremen Update:

Season comes to an end with another two cup final defeats:

German Cup Final- VFB Stuttgart 2 Werder Bremen 2 (Pens 6-5)

Werder Bremen were very unfortunate to lose this cup final on the lottery that is penalties. Despite falling behind early Werder responded in great fashion to take hold of proceedings with the little genius that is Modric at the double. Despite having the better of the game Werder were rocked by a late equalizer and proceeded to lose the Penalties for a dissapointing conclusion.

SMFA Cup Final- Napoli 4 Werder Bremen 2

Werder totally failed to show up comprehensively losing to Napoli, perhaps rocked by stage fright Werder Bremen soon found themselves 4-0 down in a quite disastrous game after giving so much to get here. Despite the game being a very even affair Napoli were far more clinical and Werder were on the end of a finishing masterclass, a late rally saw Werder pull two goals back and some respectability to the scoreline.

So season finished and despite winning the League I feel slightly deflated with the defeat in the SMFA Cup Final and the two domestic cup final defeats in games we were by far the better side, so a good season but with a little bit of luck it could have been a great one :(

Look Forward to next season, not desperate to make changes but Werder Bremen are prepered to listen to offers for the following players:

Luka Modric

Ricardo Montolivio

Sami Khederia

Giuseppe Rossi

Serious offers only please :)

Hamburger SV News:

After a up and down season HSV has had there best finish in 4 seasons coming 12th. Next season will be the one to prove my self in this setup after a good spell with Rivals Koln. Been here 20 games now and realy getting in to this team, my players like Naldo need to keep fit but I feel we can realy push for a top 7 finish next season.

0,,12306~9357657,00.jpg

Big Man Moves To German Football!

Fabricio COLOCCINI has completed his move to Hamburger SV from Middlesbrough for £14,000,000. All other offers were turned down.

100STUTTGART-2.jpg

HIGUAIN COMPLETES STUTTGART MOVE

VfBHiguian1.jpg

Stuttgart have secured the considerable talents of 23 year old Argentine forward Gonzalo Higuain from Valencia in a deal that see's Arturo Vidal and Ramires head to the Mestalla.

After the signings of Piatti and Higuain, the title chasing squad for next year is beginning to take shape....

STUTTGART.jpg

Barcelona are looking to make a couple of deals in preparation for the new season. They are on the hunt for players rated between 89-92 in the RB, CB, CM, Wing, AM and CF/Fwd positions. In return, they would be willing to offer a combination of the following players:

Aleksandr Kerzhakov

Cleiton Xavier

Fernando Gago

Ezequiel Munoz

Juan Forlin

Ideye Brown

Krkic Bojan

Gylfi Sigurdsson

Kyle Walker

Bruno Cesar

Paul Baysse

Nikolay Mihaylov

Sekou Oliseh

Victor Moses

Connor Wickham...

...and more. Most players rated between 75-90 are available, although it must be noted that Alcantara Thiago and Mario Gotze are strictly not for sale. If you think we can sort something out, please get in touch.

Thanks.

The SMFA have awarded Hamburger SV £500,000 for qualifying for the SMFA Shield.

My team may be out as quick as going in as going for the best league position this season so will be my B team out there but will give it a go.

This season your Chairman expects you to qualify for a SMFA competition.

Well all I can do is hope have the players but do thay have the skill.

100STUTTGART-2.jpg

TRANSFER NEWS

Veteran Portuguese full-back Brito Miguel joins for £6.4m to bolster squad depth ahead of another taxing season.

CHARITY SHIELD

The Germany100 curtain-raiser is tomorrow, with my boys facing off against Ray's Bremen side.

SMFA CUP

Die Rotten have been drawn in a tough group E along with current holders Napoli, Dutch masters Ajax and a tough looking Bordeaux side.