Gold Championship 100 Match Reports | Transfers

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Gold Championship 100 Match Reports | Transfers

Re: Gold Championship 100 Match Reports | Transfers Bundesliga Turn One Match Previews The Bundesliga kicks off for another highly anticipated season. This season looks unbelievably tight with

Re: Gold Championship 100 Match Reports | Transfers Newly promoted Greenock Morton won the season 3 scottish league title today. Celtic came in second and Rangers 3rd. Greenock Morton will now repres

Honestly have no idea who half/all (:D) of my players at Frankfurt are, so shipped some of them off for some random 87s from External clubs and bought in two defenders from Mexico (kinda over did it on the defenders :o). Not something I'd normally do, but with an average of around 87 I'm hoping to finish in the top half of the table at least.

dpxqa1jpg.png

Galatasary Squad Starting to Take Shape!

With the GC opening about a week ago, deals in the first few days were hard to come by, and manager Troy Lamagna was getting frustrated with the lack of changes in his squad. However in the last few days, Galatasary have completed a number of deals that will surely help the club challenge for multiple titles, as well as set them up for the future.

In comes Artem Milevskiy, for 2 mil and Jo. Troy is happy with this deal as he was after a top striker, and was happy to get rid of "the flop" Jo:D The club also says goodbye to former captain and star Arda Turan, who was bound for a bigger club from the start. The Turkish winger has completed his move to Arsenal, with Diaby and Eboue coming to the Ali Sami Yen. The last deal sees the end of Elano's time in Turkey, with Eremenko on his way for his medical.

Galatasary are still looking to sign a new GK and maybe a CB so pm me if interested in any deals

gra_logo.gif

her_h_0910.gif404_1233591748.jpgHertha vs Mainz399_1191240041.gifmnz05_h_0910.gif

Hertha_Berlin_26263_569661.jpg

1.FSV Mainz Will Head To The German Capital In Turn 1

Tommorow Evening will see the big Kick-off of the Bundesliga in Gold Championship 100, which is set to be a spectacular night, as at this stage every manager believes they can win the League and at this point anybody can win the league as every team starts on a clean slate. With many new managers, and many transfers going in and around the Footballing World, Hertha BSC making 7 new signings this will be a chance to see their new players on show also 1. FSV Mainz made 5 transfers themselevs, the newly promoted side looking to try and avoid relegation and maybe even try to push for a top half finish making big signings in Janko and Lorik Cana could well help them push for that spot and maybe even more. The match between Mainz and Hertha Berlin, will undoubtidly be a great game of football with many talented players on show such as Hertha's Brazilian Striker Raffael, and Mainz main man Marc Janko. We should be in for a treat, It will probably be a closly contested match with both new managers looking to get off to a good start. Mainz Manager Nick Justice had this to say in the Pre-Match interview "Tommorow we face a strong opposition in Hertha Berlin, they have some very talented players, and it will be a tough game for ourselves with them having a slightly stronger side than ourselves, but with my new signings and excisting players I do believe we have enough to survive and even get a decent finish in the league, I'm looking to try bring in maybe 1 more player before tommorow but that seems very unlikely, but as for the game itself we will try go all out attack and try and hit them on the break."

331hg8g.jpg

Bremen Bring In Awesome Foursome!

2338229--346x212.jpg

Montolivo Will Be a Vital Ingredient To The Bremen Midfield

Werder Bremen have completed the signings of four new players. It's been a busy week in Bremen and it was believed that their new boss was wanting to put his own "special touch" to the club. Prike and his negotiaters have been travelling around Europe to get the signatures of four new players. Firstly, solid Italian playmaker Riccardo Montolivo and Brazilian defender Dias Felipe arrived in Bremen with defender Per Mertesacker going to Fiorentina in exchange. Prike's next bit of business was at Stuttgart where he picked up out of favour defender Khalid Boulahrouz for a fee of £12.75 million. Finally, he went back up north to bring in Brazilian winger Renato Augusto from Bayer Leverkusen. The deal see's highly rated winger Aaron Hunt + £9 million depart. The Bremen fans and the boss are delighted with the new signings, especially as Bremen have been touted as third favourites to take that long awaited Bundesliga title. Prike believes his signings with add depth to the squad and he firmly believes Bremen will be challenging for the title.

I am extremely happy with my new players, as they will add quality and depth to our smallish squad. Its an honour to be touted as third favourites to take the title and I am going to try me hardest to please the fans and bring them back a trophy. The Bremen fans have been very welcoming to me and am looking forward to tomorrow night's game. Personally, I'm very happy with my squad and have been pleased to see my new signings gel in very quicky.

Hugo8.jpg

A Bit Of Brazilian Magic In Renato Augusto

Bremen start their league campaign off with a home tie against Eintracht Frankurt and it is believed that all four signings will make their debuts. There dosen't appear to be any injuries problems in the Bremen squad. The Bremen manager will be desperate to start with three points and they will go into the match as favourites. However, Frankfurt are a team with plenty of hunger and they will be looking for all three points.

picture.php?albumid=134&pictureid=1002

STUTTGART READY FOR KICK-OFF

Stifler on new signings :

" We have had real change at the club in terms of personnel - we have based out transfer policy around securing talent that will help us straight away and players that will develop at the club, hopefully helping us progress as time goes on to become one of the superpowers of Germany, and then Europe.

Juan Vargas will bring quality and goals to our midfield, his set-pieces will also be important. The signing of Saha is a real shrewd move for me, Louis has shown consistently that he is a massive goal threat and if he stays fit, he will score a lot of goals for us. Hangeland, Colotto, Donovan and Washington are seasoned pro's and their experience will help us immensely.

Most impressive, for me, has been the youth signings that we have secured. We are already blessed with quality youngsters like Tasci, Trasch, Celozzi, Gebhart and Khedira. We have added to those players like Howedes, Teixiera, Rausch, Moritz, Matip, Felix Kroos, Gotze, Eriksen, Boyata, Ruiz and Immobile. Importantly, the first seven of those listed are German, and will maintain the German core with which we aim to operate"

Stifler on the Bundesliga :

" It promises to be a really tight division this season. Teams like Bayern, Bremen, Leverkusen and Wolfsburg will be strong, as will teams like Hamburg, Dortmund, Hoffenheim, Koln .... the list goes on. The great thing about our league is how competitive it is ... anyone could beat anyone.

This season we would like to put in a title challenge but SMFA Shield qualification has to be a minimum requirement for us"

Stifler on tomorrow's game versus Koln :

"We start the season at Koln - a tough game for us. They have lost Podolski but have brought in Martins so they remain a useful side. We have no injuries and we go into the game hoping for a good result, I am happy with our side and will be announcing it at the end of this press conference"

Stuttgart team to play Koln :

Lehmann, Howedes, Tasci, Hangeland, Schulz, Gebhart, Donovan, Khedira, Vargas, Washington, Saha (Subs: Trasch, Celozzi, Hilbert, Culio, Marica)

Guest Ciaranmc2k10

England Turn 1

Hull City who want to keep a pretty much same squad will be up against mighty Tottenham

37_1205746972.gif vs 80_1217330011.jpg

@

19_1237035524.jpg

Hull will be travellin as the Under dogs for this game.

Hull will name a pretty strong squad against a tough Spurs

The reason i took this job was beause of a challenge and we will see if it will be a good challenge or bad one we will wait and find out.

Player News

Amir Zaki will be playn up fron with eder Altidore or Venegor of Heselink

Simon Church will not be playin as he says he's not fit to play yet.

Bayern Munchen Press Conference

newsmlmmd.0a91a0c0f220d92c836201c62c27ed83.2210_supporters-of-bayern-munich-celebrate-a-team-victob.jpg

Reporter: Bayern Munchen face a tricky away day to Borussia Mönchengladbach. Being that this is your first game in charge, excited?

Kevin Kelly: "Very. I always get a excited before a new job begins. I am excited to see how we do today, on Monday and for every game this season".

Reporter: You were given the smallest squad in the league. Has this affected your signings?

Kevin Kelly: Of course, I knew the challenges when I took this job. I now have a strong group of players who will be challenging in four competitions this season. I feel we will do well in each".

Reporter: Are you finished in the transfer market?

Kevin Kelly: "Yes and no. We have a young boy Ibrahima Balde dotting the i's and crossing t's on his contract as we speak and we have a bid in to Wolfsburg for a striker, Although I'm not hopeful as I am kept waiting. I am pleased what I have done here for now".

Reporter: Finally, Any chance of the team tomorrow?

Kevin Kelly: "Sure."

Rogerio Ceni, Srna, Lahm, Demichelis, Tymoshuck, Mikel, Schweinsteiger, Van Bommel, Klose, Chamakh, Malouda.

(subs: Fernandinho, Alex, Gladkyy, Van Buyten, Olic.)

Bundesliga Turn One Match Previews

Bundesliga-Logo.jpg

The Bundesliga kicks off for another highly anticipated season. This season looks unbelievably tight with 8 or 9 teams that could contest for the title. There's plenty of new manager's and player's in this season's Bundesliga and tomorrow at 8pm it all kicks off for another season. Bayern Munich have been hailed as favourites to take the title away from current holders Wolfsburg. However, Wolfsburg will been keen to keep hold of their crown. The likes of Hamburg, Stuttgart, Werder Bremen, Schalke, Leverkusen and Borussia Dortmund will all be certain challengers.

Predictions

Hertha Berlin v 1. FSV Mainz 05

Before Nick Justice's arrival in Mainz, many people would of predicted a relegation battle for Mainz. However, Nick has attracted some big stars in Marc Janko and Lorik Cana and they certainly could be the dark horses of this years Bundesliga. Hertha will be keen to sneak into the SMFA Shield, but they could be dragged down into a relegation battle. However, they certainly have some quality in their squad in Freidrich and young starlet Kacar.

Prediction: Hertha 1-3 Mainz.

Bayer Leverkusen v Hannover 96

Leverkusen have been very busy in the transfer market and have changed their squad quite a bit. If the players gel quickly then their in for a very good season. With the likes of Helmes, Kiessling and Barnetta they look very strong up top. Hannover have added to the squad well with the likes of Cacau and Fulop, but do they have enough quality in their squad to survive the drop. They certainly have a very good manager, its going to be an interesting season for them.

Prediction: Bayer Leverkusen 3-1 Hannover 96

1.FC Nurnberg v 1899 TSG Hoffenheim

Hoffenheim suprised the Bundesliga last season by their heroic performances, but will second season syndrome get to them? They have a youngish team with plenty of potential in the likes of Eduardo, Beck and Obasi. Can Hoffenheim improve on last years performance and even challenge for the title? It's going to be a tough season for Nurnberg and they have brought in a lot of new signings. Perhaps one of their new stars will shine and will help keep Nurnberg in the Bundesliga.

Prediction: Nurnberg 1-1 Hoffenheim

1. FC Koln v VFB Stuttgart

Stuttgart boast some of the most talented youngsters in the world in their squad. The likes of Tasci, Khedira and Gebhart will play a massive part in their squad. As well as this they have added well to their squad with the likes of Saha, Howedes and Hangeland. Stuttgart are certainly going to be challenging for the title this season. In additon, they have a top class manager to guide them to title success. Koln have struggled in recent season, but I think this could be the season where they really excell. They have bolstered well to their squad with the likes of Martins, Phil Neville and Kahlenburg joining. Koln could be in for a great season, however survival will be the first objective.

Prediction: Koln 1-3 Stuttgart

FC Schalke 04 v SC Freiburg

The Schalke side is full of depth and they have brought in the one signing in Serbian midfielder Kuzmanovic. With the likes of Kuranyi and Farfan up front Schalke will be certainly one of the favourites in the title race. However, inconsistancy in recent years has let them down. Their depth in their squad will play a major factor in challenging for the title. Unfortunetely for the Freiburg they are in for a long hard season, but if they use home form to their advantage, they should pick up key points to help them survive.

Prediction: Schalke 3-0 SC Freiburg

Borussia Monchengladbach v Bayern Munich

Bayern will be desperate to get their Bundesliga title back from Wolfsburg. The likes of Ribery, Robben and Gomez have all left the Allianz Arena. However, they have added plenty of depth to the squad in the form of Chamakh, Cavenaghi, Mikel, Alex, Gladkyy and Malouda. Certainly will be favourite this season. Borussia have investing in bring in plenty of youth and still have the likes of Bradley and Arrango in the their squad. Borussia will be hoping for a good season and mabye they will be rewarded with SMFA Shield football.

Prediction: Borussia Monchengladbach 2-2 Bayern Munich

Hamburger SV v VFL Bochum

Like Stuttgart, Hamburg boast some top talent across the world. The likes of Elia, Boateng and Berg will be essential and the signing of Van Nistelrooy will provide plenty of goals. They look strong all over the pitch and have a great mixture of youth and experience. If they win the key matches against their rivals, then they have the potential to be one of the favourites. Bochum are again going to be in for a long hard season. But, I believe they will have enough in them to survive. The signing of Emanuelson is a good signings for them, as he will provide plenty of chances for Bochum.

Prediction: Hamburg 2-0 Bochum

Werder Bremen v Eintracht Frankfurt

Many people will question Bremen's decision to sell star player Mertesacker. However, the additions of Felipe, Montolivo, Renato Augusto and Boulahrouz will strengthen them a lot. They are going to be one of the favourites, but do they have enough quality to win the league? Franfurt certainly have enough quality to stay up and have a top class manager. However, do they have that extra push in them to challenge for SMFA Shield spots against the likes of Hoffenheim and Hertha?

Prediction: Werder Bremen 2-1 Eintracht Frankfurt

Borussia Dortmund v VFL Wolfsburg

Lastly the Champions, can they repeat another famous season? They have a very good manager in Rhys and have kept onto the likes of Dzeko, Misimovic and Grafite. Also the addition of Podolski and Obraniuk should be key. Its certain they will be challenging for the title, but with the likes of Hamburg, Stuttgart and Bayern Munich strengthening its going to be a lot harder this time round. Dortmund have a world class manager in Phil and hold the likes of Subotic, Hummels and Barrios in their side. Its impossible to forget about this great Dortmund team and many people believe Dortmund can be a candidate in the title race.

Prediction: Dortmund 0-0 VFL Wolfsburg

wolfsburg.jpeg

Can Wolfsburg Retain Their Title?

chelsea_logo.jpg

CHELSEA APPOINT NEW MANAGER

Following Carlo Ancelotti's sudden departure on Sunday evening speculation was rife regarding who would be appointed new manager. José Mourinho was odds on favourite to return to the helm. However Chelsea shocked the world when they announced that unknown Karlah Haner would take charge at Stamford Bridge. José Mourinho meanwhile has been confirmed as assistant manager and he swiftly gave his support to the new manager, "Kari may be unknown to most supporters, but for me she is undoubtedly the best manager in the world and i know she will prove that here and i am delighted to lend my support."

JoseMourinhoPA1008_468x312.jpg

José Mourinho

The Chelsea board announced that Karlah had been given a 3 year plan in which year 1 the only thing that mattered was to win the league back from Manchester United, year 2 a minimum of 2 trophies were required including the champions league, and finally year 3 a clean sweep of every available trophy.

They also added they were looking for Chelsea to play with style and to strike fear into every opponent lining up against them. "We want Chelsea to play dream football, we want everyone to love watching us play and to be the greatest team in the world. We have given Kari a free reign of control at the club and we know that she will deliver on our expectations."

Chelsea have been extremely busy in the transfer market bringing in some top quality players. With a budget of only £22 million, with most of that to be spent on bringing in quality youngsters to join the youth academy, Kari was told that any incoming transfers were to be funded through player departures. She told us "One of my main aims was to bring the average squad age down, plus get rid of a lot of players i did not see fit to wear the Chelsea shirt."

Her first port of call was to replace the aging limbs of Didier Drogba and Nicolás Anelka and replace them with younger models. In came Alexandre Pato and Sergio Aguero. Chelsea smashed the current British record transfer fee, firstly with Pato who signed for a whopping £42 million, and then Aguero who came in for a massive £48 million.

alexandre_pato_brazil_heart.jpgsergio-aguero_1420583c1.jpg

Alexandre Pato

11111111111111111111111Sergio Aguero

The highly rated youngsters will spearhead a lethal attack which also includes new signings Franck Ribery, Jesús Navas and Ronaldinho.

3898_1229963899.jpg2958_1209755861.jpg2774_1247692071.jpg

Chelsea fought off stiff competion from Manchester United for Franck Ribery, the French international is said to be delighted at joining Chelsea and is eager to strut his stuff at Stamford Bridge. And for £40 million he will be expected to do exactly that.

For Jesús Navas it's been a whirlwind 24 hours. Chelsea were believed to have made initial contact with Sevilla late Thursday evening, they then had a bid of £24 million accepted a day later whilst Navas flew in for contract talks and by Saturday lunch time he completed his move to the Londoners after completing a medical. Asked whether his fear of flying was a problem for him he simply replied "Para Karlah yo volaría a la luna", clearly he has had no time to learn English yet.

The signing which has raised most eyebrows amongst the Chelsea fans is the arrival of £15 million Ronaldinho. The former world player of the year was believed to have lost his way lately however Kari has faith "At Milan Dinho proved to everyone he still has magic in his boots, and now i believe Stamford Bridge is the stage for him to show he is still one of the best players in the world. The English league is the most watched league in the world and he will thrive under the spotlight."

Chelsea also brought in no less than 15 highly rated youngsters to join the youth academy all of which are expected to blossom at such a magnificent club. One of the signings 18 year old Andrej Kramaric told us that despite interest from several other clubs including European heavywights Barcelona and Real Madrid there was always only one club he ever wanted to sign for and he is delighted that it's Chelsea.

The season has yet to kick off but already the mind games have begun. Kari has already dismissed the challenge of Manchester United and has hinted she believes their cross city rivals City will finish higher up than United this season and that United will have a fight on to finish in the top four this season. She has also questioned United's transfer policy's, having seen the club repeatedly having bids on players accepted only to subsequently cancel them and then bid again. She has urged the relevant authorities to take a look at this and take appropriate action.

Chelsea begin their quest for Premier league glory tonight against Wigan, live on SS1 8pm kick off.

Guest drseanfitz

Stade de Reims 1-5 Montpellier HSC

Half Time: (1 - 3)

L.DEAUX 7

V.MONTANO 3, 29, 53

K.AIT-FANA 21

R.MÁRCIO ARAÚJO 73

Possession

42% 58%

Total Shots

14 16

Shots On Target

8 6

Corners

9 7

Yellow Cards

2 0

Red Cards

0 0

Montpellier started the season in style with a convincing display. Colombian Montano getting a hat-trick as Montpellier top the division.

Respuesta: Gold Championship 100 Match Reports | Transfers

Awesome start by Internazionale!

09_inter_escudo.jpg168_front_small.pngInternazionale5 - 2 Siena91_front_small.png126_1191220372.gif

W.SNEIJDER '34, '52

F.BERRIER '25, '78

D.STANKOVIC '49

D.MILITO '60

S.ETO'O '74

Internazionale - Siena

Possession

43% - 57%

Total Shots

18 - 25

Shots On Target

11 - 8

Corners

3 - 7

Yellow Cards

1 - 1

Red Cards

0 - 0

126855.jpg

Stankovic, Man of the Match.

5nkew7.jpg

163_1254930197.jpg264_front_small.png 0-0 168_1232827197.jpg117_front_small.png

Bernabeu

Att: 80,400

Real Madrid managed by: Joepi

Sevilla managed by: Barry Golden

Ref: Paulius Malzinskas flags_of_Lithuania.gif

article-0-06F3A0BD000005DC-245_468x315.jpg

Game 1 turns out to be a stalemate!

Sevilla failed to win tonight, but took a superb point away from the Galacticos away. Sevilla who play San Lorenzo away on Monday, had chances as did Real Madrid but neither side could find the break through. The first chance of the match fell to Higuain whose chip went inches over the bar with Palop back peddling. Romaric produced a stunning twenty five yard shot which had Casillas scrambling moments later. Andres Palop produced a superb save from Torres just before the break from the Spanish striker’s header. In the second half the game was similar with few chances for either side, both sides playing it cautious in the first game it seemed. Squillaci went down in the area under Pepe’s challenge but to no avail, even though replays suggested that there was contact and it should have been awarded. Renato then played a magnificent one two with Kanoute but could not get the shot away, denied by a brilliant last ditch Pepe tackle. Palop denied Ronaldo a goal with a fine save before Kaka was denied also by the brilliant Palop. Late in the game N’Dri Romaric went agonisingly close to scoring for Sevilla, shooting inches wide from twenty yards. A stalemate was the final score Sevilla the happier with the result. Full Time: Real Madrid 0-0 Sevilla.

125px-Lega_Calcio.png

Lazio Dissapointed by Home Draw to Udinese

260px-SS_Lazio.png100px-Udinese_calcio.png

2-2

Lazio

Gilardino '20

Ledesma '44

Udinese

Pepe '7, 65

alberto-gilardino.jpg

"Gilardino celebrates after his goal in the 20th"

Lazio Coach Matthew Bed was very dissapointed with his recent result against Udinese at home. Udinese's Pepe struck first in the 7th minute off a corner. Terrible defending and Lazio found themselves down early. In the 20th put in an ugly lookin ggoal in which found the ball just bouncing off every player in the box. Right before the end of the half Ledesma curled in an amazing twenty five yard shot which saw Lazio go up 2-1. For the next twenty minutes Lazio found themselves packed in their own third until unfortunately off a deflection the ball found itself in the back of the ol' onion bag. With the fans behind them Lazio rallied in the last ten minutes trying to take the lead once again but to no avail as the game ended with a 2-2 draw. The lazio coach had this to say after the game "i'm a little dissapointed in the effort as our midfield just couldn't compete with theirs, but its good to pick up some sort of points before Lazio take on Inter, Bayern in a friendly, and then to end their extremely early difficult schedule Roma. It's a new season so we're getting used to the new system and still may try and shift things around."

Next up: @Inter

2zje6ww.jpg

393_1190839464.gif12_front_small.png 0-4 391_1263508512.jpg309_front_small.png

Chamakh 28'

Mikel 29'

Schweinsteiger 31'

Van Bommel 57'

Borussia-Park

Att: 54,067

Borussia Mönchengladbach managed by: Colin Barker G2

Bayern München by: Kevin Kelly

Ref: Alberto Undiano Mallenco flags_of_Spain.gif

article-1260348322021-07865FA4000005DC-159115_636x443.jpg

Bayern open Season in Style!

Bayern put in a classy shift in what turned out to be a simple game for the visitors. They didn't take long to get going as new signing, John Obi Mikel, broke clear of the defence but his shot hit the post and bounced clear. The team from Munich would eventually get the breakthrough when another new signing Marouane Chamakh finished off an excellent team move with a typical striker's finish. Borussia didn't have time to recover from the setback when only a minute later the lightning quick John Obi Mikel burst into the box and lashed home from 15-yards. Their evening reach all new lows when just minutes later, Bastian Schweinsteiger received a through-ball from Chamakh and nonchalantly lobbed it over the advancing keeper, capping a disastrous four minute period for the hosts. The second half was tighter affair with little chances all half. In the 52nd minute a momentary lapse in concentration from Logan Bailly gifted Mark Van Bommel with the easiest of tap-ins. Full Time: Borussia Mönchengladbach 0-4 Bayern München.

Bayern Team: Rogerio Ceni, Srna, Lahm, Demichelis, Tymoshuck, Mikel¹ (Fernandinho 60), Schweinsteiger¹ (Olic 60), Van Bommel¹, Klose (Gladkyy 60), Chamakh¹, Malouda;

All credit for match report layout goes to Barry Golden ;)

MILAN GET OFF TO WINNING START

AC%20Milan.gifacmilan-home-0910_1250_thumb.jpg3-1 sampdoria-home0809.thumbnail.jpgSampdoria_badge.gif

Abbiati

Zambrotta ---- Nesta ---- Thiago Silva

Pirlo

Beckham ---- Seedorf ---- Ballack ---- J. Cole

Drogba ---- Huntelaar

Pazzini

A. Poli ---- Cassano

Semioli ---- Palombo ---- Tissone ---- Mannini

Ziegler ---- Lucchini ---- L. Zauri

Castellazzi

AC Milan kicked off their campaign last night with a 3-1 win over Sampdoria at the San Siro. Milan put in a good performance against a strong Sampdoria side and the three points was the perfect way to start the new season. There were debuts for ex-Chelsea trio Joe Cole, Michael Ballack and Didier Drogba, while Gennaro Gattuso was amongst the substitutes.

Andrea Pirlo ensured a great start to the game for the hosts when he put Milan in front on 6 minutes. David Beckham's cross field pass picked out Pirlo who timed his run perfectly. The Sampdoria back line had tried to play him offside which left the midfielder through on goal, he easily rounded Castellazzi and rolled home the opener. Sampdoria had barely gotten out of their own half before Joe Cole rattled the crossbar on 13 minutes. Milan gaffer Jack Harvey had voiced his concerns over the goalkeeping situation at the club before the game but Christian Abbiati seemed comfortable between the sticks. His first call of action came on 15 minutes as he tipped wide Andrea Poli's low strike. David Beckham was next to come close for Milan when he found himself in acres of space on the edge of the area. The midfielder let fly goalwards but the ball whistled past the left post much to Sampdoria's relief. The home side didn't have it all their own way as Sampdoria pushed for an equaliser late in the first half. Giampaolo Pazzini had a free header from 8 yards out and he should have at least hit the target though he could only head wide of the mark. The teams went into the break with Milan narrowly leading 1-0.

Sampdoria's chances of getting a result from the San Siro were dampened just two minutes into the second half. Klaas Jan Huntelaar proved his worth to his team as he burst into the box and fired low into the corner giving Castellazzi no chance. Milan seemed content with the two goal lead and the play was mostly in the middle of the pitch with AC in control. Just before the hour mark, Andrea Pirlo gave away possession and Franco Semioli made him pay. The winger went on a good run and although his shot was mis-hit, it squirmed under the body of Abbiati and trickled over the line. Late on there was a debut goal for Michael Ballack as the German poked into the net in the midst of a goalmouth scramble, and the third goal seemed to kill off Sampdoria. 3-1 to Milan and in the end a comfortable win.

picture.php?albumid=156&pictureid=1044picture.php?albumid=156&pictureid=1045

After the build up of anticipation, matchday 1 of this seasons Bundesliga provided few real shocks, but performance of the day has to go to Eintracht who came on on top in a seven goal thriller at Bremen. Eintracht surprisingly saw more of the ball than their fancied opponents, and made that possession count early on as they raced into a two goal lead within 14 minutes thanks to strikes from Bajramovic and Altintop. Samra’s team seemed to become complacent after such an impressive start, and by half time had contrived to allow the hosts back into the game and were back level – the lively Hugo Almeida and diminutive Ozil netting.

Samra’s half-time talk seemed to galvanise the club from Frankfurt, who again pulled two goals ahead, defensive midfielder Marco Russ finding himself in advanced positions twice in the space of six minutes to restore his sides two goal advantage. The game again settled into a pattern of Frankfurt possession and Werder counters, until the home side were able to again snatch a lifeline through that man Almeida on 75 minutes.

Werder pushed but could not find the goal that would have snatched them a point, allowing Frankfurt to take all three. Werder 3, Eintracht 4.

Bayern and Hamburg both started the season in emphatic fashion, winning by 4 goals to nil against Monchengladbach and Bochum respectively. New signings Chamakh and Mikel were on target for Bayern, and club stalwarts Schweinstieger and Van Bommel completed the rout.

Hamburg brushed Bochum aside thanks to debut goals from Ruud Van Nistelrooy, sandwiched by an early Elia strike and a late Petric effort. Hamburg looked impressive after some fans had been concerned at the lack of new arrivals at the Nordbank Arena.

Hertha were another team that won well, beating Mainz 4-0 at home with goals from Dardai(x2), Wichniarek and Stein. New Mainz manager Nick Justice was disappointed to start the season with such a comprehensive defeat, and will be looking to bounce back on Wednesday when Leverkusen visit.

Leverkusen will go to Mainz full of confidence though, after opening the season with a 3-1 home victory over Hannover. The visitors started the better at the BayArena, and took the lead through Jiri Stajner on 14. Hannover were reasonably comfortable until after half time and on 57 minutes when Ivorian forward,Aruna Kone, inexplicably went in two-footed on Castro and earned himself a straight red. This gave the home side the impetus that they needed, as they found the next 3 time in the last 20 minutes to wrap up the win. Barnetta, Castro and a debut goal from Cristian Rodriguez finding the net.

Nurnberg were fortunate 3-2 winners at home to a Hoffenheim side who dominated the game at the Frankenstadion for large periods, being undone by a clinical display of finishing from the unlikely Tavares(2) and Andre Santos in the Nurnberg midfield. Ibisevic and Carlos Eduardo both scored for Hoffenheim, but they were always behind in the game and were punished on the counter as they pressed to get on top.

Koln v Stuttgart and Schalke v Freiburg both ended two a piece. New signings Saha and Washington both hit the net for VfB on their debuts, who had the lions share of the game as the visiting side – but the resolute Koln scored through Portuguese duo Petit and Maniche to secure a point.

Similar to Stuttgart, Schalke should have really won their game at home to Freiburg – Brazilian defender Bordon opened the scoring and despite being on the front foot for most of the game, an equaliser from Farfan was required 15 minutes from time after Freiburg had sneaked into the lead through Cisse after Muzdja had levelled.

Last but not least, Philipp Goppel’s Dortmund side won by 2 goals to nil at home to Rhys Evans’ Wolfsburg side to hit the ground running on their campaign. Goals from Hajnal and Barrios proving decisive in an interesting tactical battle where Dortmund had more of the ball but the visitors looked more dangerous, testing Jaaskelainen 10 times to Dortmunds 3 shots on target.

475ff1f7cbb5d27f001%7Buniforme_011.jpg%7D.jpgVitoria-logo-4528AF05AC-seeklogo.com.gif475ff1f7ccca8a7f001%7Buniforme_021.jpg%7D.jpg

Fagan & Marney join Vitoria

Bolton+Wanderers+v+Hull+City+Premier+League+aNQTevauj-vl.jpg

Marney arrives in Brazil

Aidan Radford is only under a 14-day contract at Vitoria, but wants to make the most of it, he took over yesterday to see his side beaten by Goias away from home 3-0. But wants to bring in some arrival to keep the team strong when he moves on frmo Vitoria in a fortnights time.

He's sold young Brazilian centre-back, Vieira Anderson Martins to Hull, with Dean Marney & Craig Fagan joining Vitoria as part of the deal.

This will add some depth to Vitoria's side, in the 3 remaining games in their managers reign, with the Welsh boss aiming for at least 5 points in those games.

Craig-Fagan-001.jpg

Fagan is another arrival at Vitoria

picture.php?albumid=156&pictureid=1050

picture.php?albumid=156&pictureid=1051

(Group A)

Werder Bremen 1 – 3 Barcelona

Prike’s side were unlucky to finish empty handed at home to the stars of Barcelona. Despite having the better chances in the game, they were undone by Barca’s finishing clinic at the Weserstadion.

Barca were two up through Busquets and Xavi when Rosenberg pulled one back on 74 minutes – however this proved a false dawn for Bremen as only moments later, David Silva made the game safe with a dubious goal that most in attendance believed to be offside.

Prike will be hoping for better fortune on matchday 2 when they will travel to Chivas in Mexico.

(Group F)

Bayern Munich 4 – 1 Atletico Madrid

Bayern got their campaign off to flyer, demolishing the dangerous Atletico Madrid at home with a largely changed side. Double’s from Cabral and Gladkyy cancelled out Salvio’s opener that had shocked the Allianz Arena in the opening minute.

The heavyweights from Bayern looked extremely impressive and will be amongst the favourites for the competition if they keep up this form.

A difficult trip to Porto faces them next time out.

(Group G)

Schalke 0 – 2 Sao Paulo

Marek will be disappointed by the ease at which Sao Paulo were able to take all three points from their visit to Germany. In truth Schalke were outclassed from the off and goals from Kleber Periera and Alex Silva ensured victory for the impressive Brazilians.

Things don’t get much better for Schalke either – a trip to Lyon is a difficult place to seek out their first points on matchday 2.

picture.php?albumid=156&pictureid=1052

(1st Leg Results)

Santos Laguna 0 – 3 Bayer Leverkusen

Bayer produce a fantastic display in the humid conditions in Mexico to all but wrap up their tie – goals from Barnetta, Belluschi and Castro make the second leg a mere formality for Kitey’s men.

Gremio 1 – 1 VfB Stuttgart

Stifler described this result as “reasonable” after his VfB side held Gremio to a draw in Brazil and bagged an away goal in the process.

An end to end game saw chances missed all round – Gremio did take the lead through a Rodrigo effort on 20 minutes. VfB held their own and got the goal that secured a deserved draw through man of the match, Ciprian Marica’s header with 15 minutes to go.

Stifler said –

“ A draw is a reasonable result for us – we made 8 changes from Saturdays league game and they have some good pro’s so we must be happy with the result. I have confidence that, with the home crowd behind us, we can get a result in two weeks time “

Hamburg 4 – 1 Atalanta

Hamburg impressed at home, winning by three goals to an average Atalanta side. Wood’s side will be heavy favourites to progress thanks to goals from Petric, Jarolim and another double from Van Nistelrooy. That’s four goals in two games for the Dutchman who had been touted for a move pre-season.

Palermo 1 - 3 Wolfsburg

A real smash and grab victory for Wolfsburg will be a massive boost to boss Evans. Wolfsburg were careful in their possession and shot shy compared to their hosts, but made there chances pay with goals from new boys Obraniak and Podolski(2). A goal from Mchedlidze gives Palermo a lifeline but the boys from the Volkswagen arena will have to really slip up to go out.

AEK Athens 3 – 2 Eintracht Frankfurt

Eintracht opened and closed the scoring in Greece but slipped to defeat thanks to the hosts three strikes in between. Kafes, Leonardo and Blanco had put AEK into a commanding position but Teber’s late strike ensures that the tie is still in the balance.

With home advantage in leg 2 and two away goals, Kuldeeps charges must fancy their chances of turning the tie around.

Hannover 3 – 1 NAC Breda

Finally, “The Gaffers” Hannover side put one foot into Round 2 with a great victory over Breda at the AWD Arena. Goals from Jan Schlaudraff, Eggiman and Rosenthal ensured a victory that was only tarnished by Lurling’s 54th minute strike for Breda.

After defeat in their first league game, hopefully this will be the tonic required for Hannover to go on a run – they a certainly favourites to progress to round two following the conclusion of this tie.